Old 12-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Im going to a family get together soon ... i hope i stay on plan!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #17  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Christmas will be good...at least in the sense that I get to actually celebrate it with my son! His biological father sent him stuff for the first time ever(like 8presents) so we will seee what he got. I was at a friends house last night for a cookie decorating party and one of my best friends thinks she might be pregnant so we all rushed her to the store at 1 in the morning to buy like 4 tests..so I am waiting to here from her today after she went to planned parenthood! And as for new years....well I'm gonna do it up...never really done anything before so its about time to go out and have a good time I think
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #18  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

My interview went well, she all but promised me an interview with the VP of the accounting department next week. I am getting more excited. The job description that I was given though was not the job I was interviewing for, however the job I was interviewing for is a little more specialized than the job description I got. I am way more interested in the specialized position than in the general accounting job.

The company is ranked pretty high on "The best places to start a career" list by some reputable paper. I am really excited and I just have to pass the litmus test with the VP of the Accounting department when I schedule my interview.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #19  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20nine View Post
My interview went well, she all but promised me an interview with the VP of the accounting department next week. I am getting more excited. The job description that I was given though was not the job I was interviewing for, however the job I was interviewing for is a little more specialized than the job description I got. I am way more interested in the specialized position than in the general accounting job.

The company is ranked pretty high on "The best places to start a career" list by some reputable paper. I am really excited and I just have to pass the litmus test with the VP of the Accounting department when I schedule my interview.

Yay!.... good for you
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #20  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

Yay how exciting! I totally hope you get it with flying colors I wish I was at that point in my life to get a great job that I want. For now I am just glad that I have a job that pays my bills and of course I have great friends there.
Ok ladies so I sucked it up and changed my ticker because I couldn't wait another day....that means I lost a little over 4 lbs this past week....I think because it was TOM last week and its over finally. Now I just need to keep going down.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #21  

Your in ONEderland!!!! That's amazing

Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #22  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

I'm still amazed everytime I dont see a 2 in front of my weight lol. I think once I get lower even it will sink in that what I am diong is actually working. I am going to post some progress pictures soon...that way I can just keep updating the link as I lose. Probably like every 15 lbs or so. Makes me more motivated
Old 12-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
I'm still amazed everytime I dont see a 2 in front of my weight lol. I think once I get lower even it will sink in that what I am diong is actually working. I am going to post some progress pictures soon...that way I can just keep updating the link as I lose. Probably like every 15 lbs or so. Makes me more motivated
I know, I remember when I first saw 2 as the first #.... I thought it was a mistake. And when I eventually see 1, I'll probably pass out.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #24  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimnatalie View Post
My dad is here today , and tomorrow is driving me back to my home town for Christmas ! No 5 hour greyhound trip for me! My mum died of cancer this spring, so this is our first Christmas with out her , so I'm glad he is here .We had sushi for dinner , yum yum! Today was my weigh in, and I'm super happy about that , as i officially made it to my first goal - of loosing 10 % BW. and I am now only 1.2 lbs away from having lost 20 lbs. I will stay on track this week ( ok, I'm taking Christmas off - but the other 6 days, on plan!)
congrats on the 10% loss! i'm glad you have your dad to be with during the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20nine View Post
I am really excited and I just have to pass the litmus test with the VP of the Accounting department when I schedule my interview.
yayyyy! i know u will be awesome and have a job in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
Congrats buddy!!! i am right behind u if this darn scale would move ugh! i am supposed to be 195 by 1/1/09! i have been stuck at 200.5 for quite some time now. i just need to lose a frickin pound! anyway congrats again we are on our way!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #25  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

today our bakery department had an impromptu christmas party. We planned it yesterday. The dpt manager brought her margarita machine (virgin margs, we can't drink on the job!), I brought 7 layer dip and some tortilla chips, another lady brought beans and we ordered fajitas from the restaurant down the street. Yesterday I was so gung ho...I wasn't going to eat any tortillas, I wasn't going to eat any chips and dip, Heck, I wasn't even going to have a virgin rita.
So, basically, I had a rita, some chips and dip, fajita meat, some beans, but no tortillas.

thinking i might have to work out tonight after all

I'm planning on making grilled chicken pitas for dinner tonight with some beans (they were good beans so I took some of the leftovers!)

But! I weighed in at 185.0 this morning. I want to change my ticker!!!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

blcarter- Congrats being in the 1's girl!

bee- good luck on your next interview! I was hoping I'd find out if I got the job the day of my interview but they had already told me it'd be 2 weeks before I got a response. It was a stressful wait!

luvja- I so wish I was going to the tropics, we got horrible weather today and the wind chill has been in the negatives, I wish it was April.

bjeweled- I hope your traveling went ok, KC weather sucks today. There was pileups all over the place! Damn ice.

leighish- I'm right there with ya, except for mine seems to be extended. I do really well one day and eat salads while I'm at work, and then the next day its like hey I'll eat fried everything today just for fun. I can't wait until my real job starts and I'm not working at a bar everyday.. no more temptations!

I've been working so much I'm about to drop on the ground and lay there for two days. We got some really bad weather today and I was supposed to go pick up bf so that he wouldn't have to spend Christmas alone, his parents live in Cali. Unfortunately I didn't make it, hopefully I'll get up there tomorrow. My furniture gets delivered tomorrow and I'm very excited about that!

Last edited by kelli32; 12-23-2008 at 08:55 PM.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #27  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

kelli - i dont leave until tomorrow and i will be going to columbus, ohio. my mom flew to ohio out of kc this morning and missed all the crappy weather!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Bee- Send some of that job mojo this way! The days of everyone needing a high-paid snot-nosed chemist is over. I finally had to swallow it and go apply for unemployment.

Blcarter - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leighish - LoL. Don't be too disappointed. It's Christmas and you didn't do that bad. At least it was beans and corn chips.

Kelli - I'm originally from St Louis. Hihi! I remember those stupid ice storms too, ugh. I cry when I think about leaving East VA. "Brutal cold" to these people is like... 28 degrees F and a light breeze. LoL. You be careful driving!

As for me, i'm trying to adjust to DH being here. He's still getting on my nerves, but not so much. The baby next door has been screaming nonstop for a week now, and all while i'm trying to work on my thesis. I just have one question, wtF is up with Billy Mays? Why are the volume of his commercials 50 times louder than everything else on TV? Holy crap, it's worse than waking up to mortars in Balad when you're zoned out, doing chores with the TV on, or snoozing peacefully and suddenly --
"HI, I'M BILLY MAYS AND I'M HERE TO SHOW YOU THE AWESOME STRENGTH OF MIGHTY PUTTY!!!!!"

I hate him so much.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #29  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

lol Nish.........

I have noticed that his commercials are ridiculously loud! And, he promotes EVERYTHING. He is just an all around odd little man.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I'm sitting here waiting for my furniture to be delivered. I hate it because I have soo much to do and I can't leave because I'm currently in that "window" of time they gave me for their arrival. Unfortunately Nebraska Furniture Mart is notorious for not showing up on time. I have been stealing WiFi from the public library across the street and I was setting up my tv yesterday and decided just for the heck of it to plug it into the wall, well I have cable too. I'm not sure how or why but I'm not complaining.

Last edited by kelli32; 12-24-2008 at 10:37 AM.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote