Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #151  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Thanks for all of your kind replies! It really helped. I'm already feeling a lot better and I think... well, after all it wasn't a very smart thing to do for the both of us. But when we hadn't acted on it this awkward leading-to-nothing flirting would have continued all the time, and it would have been bad for our contact too. It didn't go very well, but at least now the air is clear and we can go on being friends.

Jessie... don't worry, we won't blame you for not winning or anything ridiculous like that. You will get back on track, sometimes it just doesn't go at all like we want it to. You can do it!

I had my aquarobics again today. But I have taken up the habit of eating a 150 cal chocolate bar each day. Not good! I'm glad I'm almost out of the damn things. And, as I predicted, my scale keeps at 66 kg now. I know it's impossible to tell, but I wonder why I always have this pattern. Drop 1 kg all of a sudden... keep hovering at .5 kg above that for about a week.. then drop 1 kg more, and so forth. It's infuriating that I can't think of an explanation for this.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

hello all! i have been working my @$$ off this week! i have been doing the 4 mile walk in the morning and 30ds in the evenings. level 2 is tough, but i love it! some of the things are easier than others in level 1 (i think) and others are way harder! i am enjoying it though! today i had a not so great day eating so i added an extra 2 mile walk after 30ds. i am hoping monday shows me some good numbers! according to this mornings scale reading i am down 1.5lbs from monday. i'm hoping to see 290 on monday. that would be great! not expecting it and i won't be disappointed if that's not what it is, but i'm shooting for 290.

jessie: glad to hear that you are feeling better!

elwing: the scale can be so frustrating at times! i know it is one of the reasons i have given up in the past. this time i'm not letting it get to me! i know that if i continue with healthy eating and exercise the numbers will follow!

hope everybody is having a good week so far! tomorrow is friday!!!! finally!!!! we have my husbands christmas work party on saturday. i'm going to it about 20lbs lighter than last year, feeling good about that!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Hey!
Elwing- you seem like you have a better attitude about everything! yay!
jmb- I am so proud of you for working so hard this week! Your attitude is fantastic! Some of that positive thinking needs to rub off on me!
spikedpunch- get some rest and feel better!

Today I ate well. I did 30DS level 1, day 8 and tae bo. I was tempted to eat badly today, but I am so sick of this yo-yo dieting crap! I am hoping to work out and eat well and am really crossing my fingers for at least a 1 lb loss. If I can get that on mon WI I will be so motivated to have a great week next week. I need to have more water for sure. Ok talk to you all soon!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Elwing: I'm glad you're feeling better about things now

jmb1981: Wow, nice going with all the exercise! Wish I had that kind of motivation!

JessieCat: Sounds like you're flying through the exercise too, well done!

spikedpunch: Sorry to hear you have a cold Hope you're feeling better soon!

I've had a really good week for a change. Thought it was going to be hard as we went to my fiancés parents place last weekend and they gave us chocolate advent calendars and a pack of 5 chocolate bars each I ate 2 while I was there to keep them quiet (they don't like it when I try to lose weight for some reason) and I've only had one since the weekend. Luckily they're not full size ones but still 190 cals each. I've got 2 sitting on the printer next to me and I haven't even been slightly tempted to eat them all week. Woohoo!

I've been out at clients' with my boss most of the week so I've been having my wallpaper paste porridge for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a light dinner at home. Used most of my calories at lunch with things like potatoes and nuts. I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm already 2lbs down from Monday I probably won't lose much more this week as it's a friends Birthday on Saturday and I'm going round hers for pizza and wine. I'm only going to have a small piece of pizza though and I'm having a proper dinner before I go so I won't feel so hungry to eat a whole one or anything

I've been rambling on for ages, sorry! I'll go now, have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Anti222; 12-05-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 AM   #155  

have fun with your friends! my coworkers ordered pizza two days ago for lunch. i passed. i had to. i know that i can not be trusted with pizza! i don't have the ability to eat just one or even two. i love pizza! i love losing weight more though! so i passed on the pizza. watched them eat it while i munched away on my steamed veggies and chicken sandwich. i was okay with that. proud moment for me! i'll have pizza again someday, it just wasn't worth the points that day!
Old 12-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #156  

Anti- yay for the 2 lbs!!!!
Jmb- Awesome for passing on the pizza! What willpower!!!

I didn't do 30DS today.. I was really pretty sore this morning.. so I did the treadmill only. I am planning on working out both days this weekend and doing 30DS both days also. My bro, SIL, and niece are visiting tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers they won't want to eat out at fattening restaurants. I am working out in the a.m... that usually motivates me to make healthier choices b/c I don't like to ruin my hard work. I will check in tom night after they leave. Have a good weekend!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #157  

temptation is going to be high tomorrow evening for me! we have hubby's christmas work party. it is being catered by an amazing italian restaurant! i am planning on doing the same thing jessiecat, working out in the morning. already told hubby to be prepared. i am doing the 4 mile walk and 30ds. should take about 1 1/2 hours. i know that the hardwork i have put in this week and the results that i have seen on the scale will keep me motivated! hope everybody has a great weekend. i probably won't be back around until sunday.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #158  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in way too long

Anti222: Grats on resisting the chocolate. And 2 lbs is a great loss!

Jessie: You're going great girl! Skipping 30 DS for once isn't going to kill your progress.

jmb: Good luck at the party. You can do it

I have a 5th of december celebration tonight with my family. In Holland we celebrate the day of St Nicolas with presents and poems for each other, instead of Christmas. The poems are kind of teasing but also loving about each other. I finished most of mine, still need to write the hardest one: for my grandparents. I'm also celebrating it with friends later this month, but we do a game with dice and passing presents. We always buy one thing that you would like to have, one thing you know someone else wants and one thing nobody wants. My present that nobody wants is a tin of young papaya leaves (I didn't even know you could eat those). But, I'm kind of busy at the moment

Yesterday I was a bit over my calories (1600). I did the 30 DS level 2, and to my surprise it was almost doable! I'm not sure if I'll be able to report a loss this week, since my monday weigh in was so incredibly low. Maybe it will even be a gain. Well, I can't help it either No gain in a week like this is great too, I think.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #159  

Morning everyone! Ugh, I can't believe I can still say morning! I've been up since 07.20, usually on a Saturday it's at least 16.00 by now

Elwing: That celebration sounds fantastic! Hope you have a wonderful time!!

jmb1981: I fond Christmas parties are always a challenge for weight loss but you seem like you're prepared for it Have a great time!

JessieCat: I know how you feel about being too sore to do the 30DS Nice going for doing the treadmill though!

I'm having a pretty busy day today. Had to get up so early because my car had to go into the garage for a repair and I had to get it there for 08.00. I got it there, walked a mile to get back home and 45 minutes after I got home I got a phone call to say it was done so I had to walk back again to pick it up. I'm currently in the process of cleaning my house as my Mum's coming to visit tomorrow morning and if it's not done she'll only start cleaning it. This afternoon I'm off to get my eyebrows waxed...they're looking a bit horrendous at the moment Then I'm going food shopping as I've run out of most things now. Once that's done I'm walking another mile into town to meet a friend and then we're going round another friends house for her Birthday. I might even go to town earlier than I need to as there's an amazing new stationary shop there that sells the happiest pens and pencils ever! Really bright, happy rainbow colours, you know? No? Oh well, I guess it's better than going out to buy chocolate
Old 12-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #160  

Wow Anti- you sound so busy! Did you buy your happy pens?
Elwing- My SIL was saying she always used to celebrate St. Nick's Day or whatever it is called.. your celebration sounds fun! How did the poems turn out?
Jmb- I am crossing my fingers for you! How did you end up doing at the party? I love going to parties and I cannot wait until the day when I don't have to be worried about being tempted. It will be such an amazing feeling not having to worry about food and if there will be healthy choices and if I will be able to make them or not!

Well I went on the scale today and ladies, I am sorry to report that I will be having a maintain for monday. I was only OffP 4 days the past 2 weeks (since I didn't WI last monday), and the other days I was OP. I can't believe that 4 days was enough to prevent me from having a loss in 2 weeks! I was so disappointed I almost hit up the chocolate hard. But I am soo happy to report that I did the treadmill and the 30DS (I was so not in the mood). And I made great choices at restaurants today.
My menu from today:
B: total, fiber one, milk
L: tuna salad on mixed greens
D: 1/2 turkey burger, broccoli (instead of fries!), and some ice cream.
I am hoping to not eat anymore tonight (maybe a small snack). Ugh I am very disappointed though. I will see what the scale says tomorrow...

Last edited by JessieCat; 12-06-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #161  

Hi everyone...

Well, had an awesome time at the party last night and now I have the hangover from **** ...don't remember much about the latter part of last night but it was a lot of fun. I'm going back to bed now...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #162  

party went well! they had the appetizers when we got there. i had one cheese cube, two pieces of shrimp, two YUMMY meatballs, one small egg roll, one not so great fried cheese stick (not a great choice health wise and it didn't taste good either), and two pieces of celery. compared to what i would have normally done, that is great. in the past i would have ate a lot more cheese, more meatballs, more shrimp, well, more of everything! hubby asked what i wanted from the bar (they always have an open bar) and i said water. that's all i drank all night. salad and rolls made their way to our table. i had some salad, not a lot b/c it was already drenched in dressing (pretty sure it wouldn't have been low fat or fat free either). skipped the rolls for the time being (another thing that wouldn't have been done in the past). for dinner i had one small piece of roast beef (maybe about 3" long), a half a piece of lasagna, one bit of egg plant parmesan (only b/c i was full, it was the last thing i took a bite of and it was the best thing next to the meatballs, but i couldn't eat more than one bite), green beans, mixed veggies (beans, brocolli, cauliflower, some other stuff), and only one roll. drank lots of water! dessert was cakes and cookies and fruit. i ate pineapple and strawberries. i tried a piece of a chocolate chip cookie, but it was not very good. writing it out sounds like i ate a lot, but it really wasn't, not compared to what i normally would have done (i skipped the mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, manacotti, pork, chicken, white rice pilaf, and some other sides). so, party was a success!

as of this morning i am down 2lbs for the week. scale was 290. yesterday morning it was 289, which looked really nice! i'm on the verge of the 280's and know that i will be there this week! i'm not looking back either, once i'm there, i'm not coming back to the 290's EVER again!!!

anti: sounds like you had a good time at the party! hope your hangover subsides!

jessie: don't worry about it too much! don't hit the chocolate! i know there for a couple of weeks even though i was staying on plan for the majority of the time and exercising, the scale wasn't moving. it's frustrating! very frustrating! sometimes it's just our bodies needing time to catch up with what we are doing. hang in there girl!

elwing: your celebration sounds like a lot of fun! how did it go?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

So last night was possibly the worst night of my life. I used nair and had a horrible, horrible reaction to it. I didn't fall asleep until around 5am because my legs alternated between feeling like they were being stuck in a fire and having someone shoving glass into them. I've never had anything hurt so bad before.

But today was a good day. My cold is almost completely gone (finally), and I had a really awesome date today. (Not the same guy as last week. :P). So hopefully things are starting to turn around with my love life.

As far as weighing in, unfortunately I didn't lose anything. I'm really glad I didn't gain though, since I couldn't do any exercise at all. Now I've gotta get going really hardcore to try drop some weight by christmas.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #164  

spikedpunch- I am so sorry about the Nair.. but I am glad that your cold is all better. And a maintain is good news! Always better than a loss!
Jmb- The party sounds like a success! I am so proud of you for making the right choices.. that is def a huge success. It is sooo hard to stay OP at a party! Yay! And awesome job on the loss!
Anti- I hope your hangover feels better. I haaate that feeling!

Well I went on the scale today and am down from yesterday which put me in a great mood! But also confused me b/c although I worked out yesterday, my calories were def up from usual. I will take it though!

I did tae-bo and 30DS level 1, day 10.. tomorrow is level 2! I am sooo nervous! (Even more nervous than my WI!) I am hoping to be down a lb... we will see! (Fingers crossed!)
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #165  

Well, I'm really sorry to have to report that Saturday night and Sunday took their toll on me and that lovely 2 lbs I lost has unfortunately changed to 1lb Could have been worse I suppose but the good thing is that I have no plans to go out again before Christmas so I can now work really hard to lose that pound again and a whole load more with it! Sorry ladies!!!

Edit: Argh! I forgot about my works Christmas do next week! I ordered the healthiest stuff on the menu and some of the stuff I ordered I don't even like so won't be eating everything (It was either turkey, fish, beef or some spinach and goat cheese thing. I hate goat cheese, fish, beef and turkey so I went for the turkey and I'll just leave it on the plate along with that weird sausage wrapped in bacon thing. Ugh.).

Last edited by Anti222; 12-08-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Closed Thread