Old 11-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/159/130

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Default I was so motivated... :(

I started trying to lose weight in the summer and was doing so great and I was motivated like all ****!! Then the school semester started... I haven't been to the gym since I eat 50-50 healthy and crappy and I am constantly stressed. I saw some picture of myself from halloween and I could see myself ballooning!! I need to stop this fast and I was thinking of going to weight watchers as I think it is the easiest plan to follow. What can I do now? My plan is so go to WW on Friday and sign back up. How do I keep myself motivated in my busy life. Here's an example of whats been happening: I am a college senior applying to graduate school trying to keep my grades up in 5 classes while taking my GRE's, doing volunteer work, having time for my boyfriend and friends, I'm in school 5 days a week usually from 8 or 9 am to 7 or 830 pm.... I have very little time to work out I try and take the stairs alot and walk around campus on my breaks. Any help please? I'm getting desperate! Thank you so much all!
Jworion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hey! Don't lose your motivation! You can do it!! We know you can Weight Watchers is a great tool, the only thing with WW is tomake sure you try to eat healthy, and try new healthy things. With WW sometimes I would eat whatever I want (unhealthy decisions) but stay in my point range. Long term this isn't helpful. Long term to lose weight you need a life change. It really helps finding foods that are healthy and comforting. I read a book 'Skinny B****' that really helped me personally, you can check it out online, or your local library might have it. I'm so glad I finally gave it a chance. Another book that helped me in the past is 'The Fat Smash Diet'.

Most important, don't lose faith in yourself. You can do anything you set your mind too. It's easy to give up, so challenge yourself!

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

You can always wake up a bit earlier and get in some exercise before class?
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #4  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Wow, you lead an extremely busy life! I can imagine it is hard to find time for exercising and good food when there is so little time left. I was wondering how you manage your eating usually? Do you cook for yourself, or do you eat much fast food? Even in fast food there are better and worse choices, it would be good to be informed about those. The exercising during breaks that you do sounds like a very good idea. You could also try if a fitness video works for you, for example Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred (a lot of the people on this board are following that one). You can do it in your room, you don't need any special equipment except for some weights (can also be water bottles, large candles, milk bottles etc), it takes only about 30 minutes. You can even do it in the mornings or just before you go to bed.

It also sounds like maybe you just have to much to do. You write that you are "constantly stressed". That is not good! It isn't very healthy in the long term either. If I were you I'd very seriously look at everything that takes up time, and try to find something that you can quit. You need some time to take care of yourself, you are important! Exercise and health are also appointments, not something last on the list. Good luck
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I can definitely relate to your schedule. I was just realizing that I'd have more time to get my life in order if I wasn't on here all the time haha. But I use this to procrastinate writing papers sooo..

anyhow- I graduate in 5 weeks and I'm looking for apartments 2 hours away, while applying/interviewing for jobs and getting my MBA information set up to start next year. All while finishing my classes and the bazillion papers I've had to write this semester. I've started riding a bike to classes and hitting the gym after my last class of the day on my really busy days. My best friend hits the gym with me on occassion so we get to "hang out". Good luck, where there's a will theres a way!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #6  
give me back my bones!

S/C/G: 136/ticker/105

Height: 5'3"

I am in the same exact boat as you are: college senior, applying to grad school, I also work and have a husband.

What I have decided was to ride my bike to campus (it's 4.3 miles for me and takes me about 45 mins there and 30 mins back), and I ordered Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD, which is 35 minutes a day (20 of workout, and I stretch for 15 mins). All in all, it's nearly 2 hours of exercise, but cutting out the time it takes to drive to campus or the gym, find parking, walk to class, walk back to the car, drive home, it's not really that much extra time.

I am just getting started, so I can't tell you how well it works yet, but I definitely feel like I am getting a workout. We have similar amounts to lose, so maybe if it starts working for me, you can try it.
aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #7  

I was in the exact same boat as you last year. I lost all motivation because I was an insanely involved senior at University. I would go to the gym but it wasn't regular and I wasn't challenging myself and I gained 25 pounds in a semester! Yikes! I am now trying to lose it.

All I can say is try to get to the gym regularly and get rid of all unhealthy foods. Make food ahead so when you return home from night class starving there is something healthy to eat. That was a big issue for me. I would come home and eat whatever was fastest and easiest because I was starving.

Good luck- you can totally do it!
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

If you post a typical day of food, the chicks here are great at helping you make healthier choices that fit your life.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote