Old 11-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Smile My buddy is BACK!!!- edited for her return!

Blcarter was my accountability buddy and she's moving/driving across country and I'm not sure when she'll be back to make sure I work out. So now I need someone else to crack the whip with me and then she can join back in when she's all settled!

I did nothing today but watch football. I haven't eaten very good this weekend but I haven't eaten very much food so I'm still within calorie range! Tomorrow I'm back to running my 6 miles.. I've discovered that my body needs some recovery time after that kinda running all week. At least my hip joints, maybe new running shoes?

Last edited by kelli32; 11-10-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: changing title
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

If you're running on the road, just prepare yourself for the creaky joints. Even the best shoes can't completely take the impact away, and six miles 3x a week will leave your knees in shambles within a few years. It comes with the territory.

I can't run at ALL on the road anymore without risking stress fractures. I've got no cartilage in my right ankle so I have to run on a padded track or in the grass. My knees are starting to go bad now, and my right hip. I really like riding my bike, but I just don't get the same intensity from it as I do when I run sprints or my 10 miles on wednesdays.

The doc I see for disability at the VA told me I have to stop running or i'm going to need a joint replacement by the time i'm 30. *Sigh*

If you figure out some magical method to running let me know too.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:02 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

my hips are also sore after running a lot! And i have good shoes. Its probably just one hazard of that type of exercise. Lots of stretching seems to help me, and allowing time to recover
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #4  

I do it all on the treadmill actually so that helps a little bit. I can't run on the streets too much because I get shin splints so bad, we had to run streets when I was in track in HS and now its like a reoccurring disease or something its miserable. Luckily the treadmill doesn't do it though. I ride my bike to class and stuff, which I really like, and its super intense because I live in the hilliest (is that a word?) town in the world
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #5  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

i need someone to crack the whip on me, too. i had a horrible weekend diet-wise. maybe we could start keeping each other in check?
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Running on the treadmill is so much easier than running on a sidewalk .. i thought i was the only one that thought that
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #7  

aml- sounds good to me!

jahjah- the only time it doesn't bother me too bad is if I'm running with my dog, I think I tend to run more on the grass because he hogs the sidewalk or something.

I ate decent today... not as good as normal but its because I haven't gone to the grocery store in almost a month I'm about to go to the gym and run my 6 miles! Hopefully I get home in time to do Level 2 Day 2 before I have to meet my group at the library at 10. BOO!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #8  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Can I join in on getting the whip cracked? I have not been dealing well with being lazy and the excess left over halloween candy. I would love to have some buddies. I am doing the C25K. I am starting week 3 tomorrow.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM   #9  

Jump on board!

I had to get off the treadmill at 30 (well 35) min because there wasn't any empty and if someone is waiting you only get 30.. usually there is no one and I get it for a whole hour. I rode the bike for 15 more minutes and now I've got some writing to do. Unfortunately I've had so many papers to write that my 30DS progress is suffering. I just keep thinking 5 more weeks and I graduate then I can shred my life away!!

Food wise I"m out of calories for today so I've been drinking lots of water. Feeling rather water logged but I'm not hungry
Old 11-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #10  
waisting away

Whats your major? Im an engineering student so I rarely have any writing to do. Is it a campus gym? Ours fills up uber fast. Gainesville is supposed to be the fittest town in the nation. I can see why. Everyone is at the gym all the time. There are so many pretty people here. Its hard not to think about what giggles while you run, when the person next to you could jog naked and look fabulous.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #11  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

wow engineering, i have school friends who became engineers, it was pretty hard out
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #12  

gatorgirl I'm a corporate finance major but I"m in my senior seminar (10 papers for the semester) and I have a research paper for a computer class (who does that?) my investment principles has 7 papers and my financial cases class had one too. Luckily I'm down to only 6 left and only 5 weeks to do it in haha. The gym I go to is on campus but I always seem to get there when everyone else is leaving, so there's always at least a few empty treadmills so I can stay on as long as I want, I think with the time change people are working out at different times.

Our gym is about 50/50 with people that look fantastic and people who are trying to lose weight. My problem with that gym is the hours are horrible, but you can't complain when you pay $100 for a full year membership!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6.5

Hey ladies!!! I really wish that I could pay someone to move in with me for a month. Make me work out and teach me to cook everything healthy!!!! Been doing the C25K and just started the 30 DS too. So good to go on the exercise, I think...but the eating...I just can't get it into check!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #14  
waisting away

Kelli32 We dont have to pay anything for our gym, so its always packed (even though there are atleast 3 on campus!). Hopefully when I go tonight it will be on a down time.

JamieJo We can get you cooking healthy. I love when you find stuff that doesnt taste healthy but is. One of my favs is sweet potatoe fries. One or two potatoes makes a whole bunch and if you eat all of them (a lot) it is only 100-200 calories. They are very tasty!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6.5

OK - so how do you make them?
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote