Old 09-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #16  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i refrained from eating Burger king when all my mates did yesterday....
i sat with a bottle of water sipping....
not one fry touched my lips!!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi taylor,
I want to add my two cents in here, because I (like so many of us) relate to being a binge eater. And I can picture you reading all these posts and thinking "No! You can't congratulate me, I gave in!" Here's the thing that counts, and a couple of people have already touched on it- you delayed the binge. You actually caught yourself mid-binge and said, "no". Yes, you went back and binged a while later, and that can be frustrating. But you need to give yourself credit for a huge behavioral shift- how many times before have you actually been able to "wake yourself up" - as everanderson so aptly put it- mid binge. That truly is an accomplishment that needs to be recognized in order for it to happen again! I've heard it said that the biggest predictor of someone being able to quite smoking is not how unhealthy they are, how vast their support system is, or even what type of aids they may have- the biggest predictor is how many times they've tried to quite before. I think that the same applies to weight loss and binge eating- each time we make an honest forward moving effort, and maybe don't succeed, we learn something about ourselves. We learn little things that work, or maybe don't work- and if we acknowledge the little success we tend to remember them, and use them in situations to come..... Sorry about the rant, it's just that I am rarely moved to respond to these forums, but your story really got me. I know the pattern of feeling like you failed and forgetting to recognize where you triumphed. And you truly triumphed!
summersunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Congrats again, Taylor.

But I have to say ... every time this thread title comes up on my list, my brain is hearing the song "I Kissed a Girl".

I'm sure you liked stopping your binge too .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #19  
Made of Starstuff

Yay Yay Yay!!!! I'm so excited you were able to stop the binge!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote