Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #16  
You need me!

Height: 5'7"

Im cutting it out. Or at least trying to limit myself. It makes me burp, and I don't like that....although i just drank this diet coke, plus and its yummy.

And i think its clear. Water is the best bet.
LindsayL0ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelf View Post

For me, diet soda gives me really horrible headaches.
That's funny, I get the headache's without my daily diet Pepsi. I believe my body is now addicted to the caffeine. I tried to quit when my husband quit smoking and I was out of commission for 2 days. I called out of work one day because i could not get out of bed. I tried the waste watchers soda with no aspartame and caffeine, but I still feel like crap. I do not drink coffee, so the diet pepsi I drink it pretty much my source. I have 3 cans a day, one in the morning, one with lunch and one at night (sometimes more if I am stressed). As I said I have tried to give it up, but the physical pain is horrible

Last edited by amandarose17; 09-11-2008 at 10:47 AM.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

OMG I LOVE DIET COKE> I really do believe that I am addicted to it. I try to only have one a day M-F. On the weekends onyl water and crystal light. People say it is bad for me but I love it and it is no calories.....
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #19  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I just have to say that I might be the odd one of the group. I have never ever liked pop of any kind. I hate the way the carbonation feels on my tongue. It hurts when the bubbles pop.(I know that sounds weird). I have to be pretty sick to even stomach some sprite during the stomach flu. I also don't drink carbonated or flavored water. It is just icky to me. Yuck! My preferred beverage is plain old water.

I wonder if that has anything to do with my texture issue with fruit. I do not like the way it feels on my tongue! I have never connected the two before....hhhmmmm.....
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #20  

I had gastric by-pass surgery in March of 2003 and I still can't drink soda's that well. I drink a lot of water and juice in moderation. I love diet sunkist orange drink but I've had to cut out a lot of soda's lately because of the caffeine. I have been having these hot flashes and they cause me to go into a panic attack..something I'm working on with the doctor. I've never heard of such but I'd wake up in the night having a hotflash and panic attack all the same time. I gave up the caffeine hoping I could sleep better and not have as been attacks at night. I'm better now.
kathyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #21  
93.6lbs to go!

S/C/G: 220/205.6/112

Height: 5'5"

My WW leader used to tell us not to drink carbonated drinks 48hrs before a weigh-in because the trapped gas makes it look like you've put on weight.

I love love LOVE diet coke/pepsi. I can't stand the regular stuff, it tastes far too sweet for my liking. Again, like someone has already mentioned, I have heard the good, the bad and the ugly about diet coke but I still drink it. I just love it. However, since I started this particular weight-loss effort, I've found I need it less, and often go a whole day without one.
from220to112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #22  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

Wow, Holy Hot Topic Batman.
Personally - I grew up on diet coke - and only stopped drinking it when the rumor about it causing Breast Cancer began raging. I am now a Cherry Coke Zero drinker. But one a day.

I also used to drink a pot of coffee a day and had to find a sugar substitute or face not eating dinner. I also cut the coffee back to once a day. So to me it is a necessary evil.

Do I believe it makes you way hungry? Yes. But I think I won that battle by just having it with a meal and with a load of ice. I guess the key to anything is having it in moderation.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Diet soda is my sanity saver. I try not to overdo it, as much for economy's sake since we're on such a tight budget as dietary (weight loss or health-wise). For me, it doesn't make me hungrier so much as some of my favorite high cal/carb snacks "go so well" with a soda. I love the crunchy/just a little salty snack with my diet soda. So, I've had to break the soda/snacking combination. I either drink a soda with a meal, or have it as a treat by itself. If I have it with a salty snack, I end up drinking more diet soda and eating more salty (and usually carby) snack, so I avoid the dreaded combination.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #24  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

I do believe it is bad for you, but I don't believe that one bad food item in a generally good diet is exactly the end of the world.
Personally I stopped drinking it because I read that it decreases thyroid function, and also because it strips the grime off an old penny. I don't want something that corrosive in my digestive tract. I do, however, succumb to the occasional use of artificial sweeteners. I asked a medical friend about them and she said 'I won't pretend I think they're good for you, but you do everything else right'. So on balance, there are worse things you could be drinking.
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #25  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The "corosiveness" of soda is a myth. Mythbusters did an episode on soda myths, and they tested many of the popular soda myths. It cleaned chrome, coins, laundry stains and batteries no better than plain water.

Stomach acid is far more corrosive than soda.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote