Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Why is it?

That things that are soooo bad for you have to taste so good. Like REAL ice cream....

My mom picked up some sugar free mini ice cream sandwiches tonight. I decided to have one... I'd really been craving ice cream all week and decided to let myself have it before it got out of control....

blechhhhhhhh.

I think I'm over ice cream now.

Last edited by Feral; 08-14-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/181.5/150

Height: 5'0''

The Sugar free popsicles aren't too bad. I'm thinking of trying their fudgesicles. They're really low cal too so they're guilt free.
Crazy Cat Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i was in my neuropsych lecture, and there's a part of your brain that gets more active when you eat fats than when you eat anything else, which is why they taste so good apparently. Stupid brain! there are low fat options out there that arent that bad though, its just a pain to have to hunt them down through trial and error
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/166/132

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
i was in my neuropsych lecture, and there's a part of your brain that gets more active when you eat fats than when you eat anything else, which is why they taste so good apparently. Stupid brain! there are low fat options out there that arent that bad though, its just a pain to have to hunt them down through trial and error
Hehe.. well this is excellent for those of us that eat low carb, high fat. I can't have that ice cream that looks sooo good, but I can go home and fry something up with lots of butter.
BlondeAmbition08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeAmbition08 View Post
Hehe.. well this is excellent for those of us that eat low carb, high fat. I can't have that ice cream that looks sooo good, but I can go home and fry something up with lots of butter.
yup exactly keeps your orbitofrontal cortex happy, or whatever the part is called
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #6  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I've finally found something that settles my icecream craving. Dove mini's. They are about the size of two bite size candy bars (70 cal). They are totally rich and real ice cream, just a teeny portion to satisfy the craving. Works as long as you eat just one.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/119/110

Height: 5'4"

orrrr get the healthy choice fudge pops, theyre 100 calories and absolutely awesome. im not an ice cream or a chocolate person, but when i crave either i go for one of those....soooo delicious!
belladisastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm a fan of the Skinny Cow brand myself. I think it's made with skim milk, but they taste pretty good!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree, Skinny Cow makes me so happy. The texture of the ice cream bothers me more than anything else....but they taste fantastic. Not quite Cold Stone, lol, but for "diet" ice cream I'd say it's pretty damn good!!
x meowkat x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I'll third the skinny cow vote! I've had their ice cream sandwiches and they taste like the real thing (and are 140 calories). And then there's their dippin popsicle things for 80 calories that are either mint or vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate. I find it satisfies my sweet tooth and ice cream cravings and doesn't blow my calorie count for the day.
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
I've finally found something that settles my icecream craving. Dove mini's. They are about the size of two bite size candy bars (70 cal). They are totally rich and real ice cream, just a teeny portion to satisfy the craving. Works as long as you eat just one.
Me? Just one eensy bite?

I make my own "popcicles". Just freeze flavored soy milk in an ice cube tray. Silk "Very Vanilla" tastes just like vanilla ice cream - or swirl half very vanilla and half chocolate. Yum
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

I think I had a sugar-free fudgesicle before. My dad is diabetic and I took one. =D It was good.
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #13  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

The SF fudgcicles are really good actually (they saved me more then once from binges). I am also a skinny cow advocate, the vanilla cones with carmel...OMG, the best. Also, tofutti cutie ice cream sandwiches.

and my guilty pleasure, cool whip lite, frozen...ya,I'm bad. But just a spoonful kills a sweet tooth for me.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #14  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

It's cream and sugar, which is actually the scientific formula for "Pure Joy."

Anything less is just... I dunno... adulterated ice chemicals.

Personally, since I've cut down on the carbs and sugar in my general diet, my cravings for things like icecream have gone down A LOT. But, when I do get a hankering for icecream or cookies or whatever, i want the Ben & Jerry's Half Baked or a fresh baked bakery cookie -- if I'm gonna eat icecream, I want me some ICECREAM, with chunks... lotsa chunks.

Last edited by KLK; 08-18-2008 at 08:27 PM.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote