Old 08-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #1  
Smashing the FAT !!!

S/C/G: 230/219/160

Height: 5'8

Question Will I Have Loose Skin After Losing 60 Pounds ?

im just wondering if i will have loose skin after losing around 60 pounds? im so scared that after all of this hard work that i ll have to face this problem...has anyone lost a bunch of weight and was fine ?
amandagillmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

I don't think 60lbs is enough weight to stretch your skin out to where it completely loses it's elasticity. It should shrink with you. Also, if you lose your weight normally by exercise and diet, etc. that usually isn't a problem. It's when you lose weight so fast that your body can't keep up (as in the case with surgical procedures, or certain medical conditions) when you end up with extra skin.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #3  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Over the past 14 months, through diet and lot's of exercise I have lost 61 lbs and plan to lose another 18 lbs. I have noticed some sagging in my breasts, nothing terrible but, they sure as heck aren't as full and perky as they used to be. The skin on the inside, upper part of my thighs seems to be a little loose but, there is still some fat in that area so I'm not sure if it's loose skin or just fabby skin due to fat being stored, the same with my tummy and triceps- thee is still fat there too though so again, I'm not sure although the skin does look slightly saggy. I dislike it but, I'll see what happens when all the weight is gone and I've toned up. I also hear that it takes a little time for skin to go back to normal. Either way, I'd rather be thinner and healthier with a little saggy skin than be very overweight with stretched out skin. I did gain the weight pretty quickly I guess, I was very thin my whole life until almost five years ago when my weight sky rocketed!

Last edited by bananapancakes; 08-17-2008 at 09:44 PM.
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'7

Hey, I think it depends how the fat is spread out. If your skin is still fairly smooth, then I think it should spring back into shape once you lose the weight (of course the chances of this increases if you exercise and build muscles in that area to take the place of some of the fat).

If you've got stretchmarks, then there might be some sagging since stretch marked skin isn't as able to regain "tightness" after the weight loss. I know how frustrating it can be to work so hard and dread that if you accomplish your goal, you might still be left with physical side effects.
Fatter Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've lost almost 60, and I haven't really noticed a lot of loose skin at all. I mean I can pinch like an inch of skin in some areas of my stomach, but it's in no way hanging down.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

just had to agree with the people above... lost about 60... the boobs sag a bit more than i had expected, but as far as loose skin goes, there isn't much. what i do have is a crepe-like texture to some of the skin on my lower abs, but only if i lean a certain way, so no big deal.
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingirl81 View Post
just had to agree with the people above... lost about 60... the boobs sag a bit more than i had expected, but as far as loose skin goes, there isn't much. what i do have is a crepe-like texture to some of the skin on my lower abs, but only if i lean a certain way, so no big deal.
this is something i am experiencing too....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

I haven't lost that much, but I have done research on it. You are pretty tall and you should be fine.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #9  
The Princess

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Height: 5' 7"

I've lost 55 pounds over the last 10 years. I'm noticing that I have some sagging areas, particularly in my belly. I just remind myself that sagging skin is preferable to being heavy.
Dorys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:27 PM   #10  
carinna

I think it also depends on how quickly you lose the weight.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 183/181.5/150

Height: 5'0''

What if you have stretch marks? Does that affect the sagging after weight loss?
Crazy Cat Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Chick View Post
What if you have stretch marks? Does that affect the sagging after weight loss?
Yes, stretch marks will affect the sagging since it is permanently torn and damaged and won't have the "snap back" effect. The ladies mentioning the crepe-like appearance most likely have some very deep damage to the dermis which causes this. When it's stretched out it's smooth, but after losing the weight the skin hangs and the creases that were once stretched out then pucker up. There are many ways to smooth it out, though. You can't get rid of the marks or damage completely, but you can reduce the wrinkling.

Some women like Bio Oil, you could use plain Vitamin E oil, cocoa butter, or any of those. Apply it AS YOU LOSE WEIGHT. Don't wait until it's all said and done to start trying to heal your skin. You'll get much better results treating it and regenerating new cells during your transition. I personally like the Avon stretch mark reducer in the silver tube.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote