Old 06-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/215/165

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Lost my first 10 lbs. AND my husband-

Thanks!

Last edited by Twirler; 08-25-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Edited as the situation changed
Twirler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Oh, wow. I hope whatever road you choose is what's best for you. No advice, just hugs, I'm afraid.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #3  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

My boyfriend is not very understanding of the weight loss process, so when I lose or feel like I need to talk I come here. Sometimes I feel like he wants to make himself feel good, so he tries to make me think differently about myself. I do it without him anyway and if I can't lose with him, I bet I could if he wasn't around so he knows to stay on his best behavior. This is about you, not about anyone else. I feel like weight loss is the most important goal in my life. I'm just not going to stop until I'm satisfied, I dont care if it takes years. Think about how YOU feel after learning you may have lost a little weight
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #4  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I am SO sorry! It must have been a horrible shock to come home and find that he had left. What he did was cowardly.

If it's any consolation, my "divorce period" was the ONLY time in my life that I lost weight without trying. I dropped about 15 lbs. I just wasn't hungry, and I unconsciously channeled my anger and sadness into exercise.

Surround yourself with good friends. Keep yourself busy. Know that you are special and can do better.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/215/165

Height: 5'4

Thank you everyone. I'm just planning on taking it day by day.

And MCheyenne, I sent you a thoughtful reply to your PM only to find out that I dcouldn't send it because I only have 10 posts. D'oh!
Twirler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #6  
I will do this.

WOW! Are you one STRONG lady!!! Wish I could really give you a hug, but this will have to do:
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus View Post
I am SO sorry! It must have been a horrible shock to come home and find that he had left. What he did was cowardly.
I agree ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus View Post
If it's any consolation, my "divorce period" was the ONLY time in my life that I lost weight without trying. I dropped about 15 lbs. I just wasn't hungry, and I unconsciously channeled my anger and sadness into exercise.

Surround yourself with good friends. Keep yourself busy. Know that you are special and can do better.
yup same here ! and I was pregnant even ....

I agree with surrounding yourself with friends and family .. I think it is the ONLY thing aside from my son and unborn son at the time that kept me from deep deep isolated depression... or worse ... I talked to my mom and my MIL and SIL's and brother CONSTANTLY ... poor ppl lol.....

and I also cleaned my house ALOT which kept me distracted for (the most part ) ...

I would say friends , family, hobbies, work whatever you can focus on will be good for you ...you seem Very strong... hang in there!
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesullengurl View Post
I would say friends , family, hobbies, work whatever you can focus on will be good for you ...you seem Very strong... hang in there!
And don't forget that we're here for you whenever you need us!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #9  
Flabulous

S/C/G: 230/218/160

Height: 5'9"

Maybe you could try to use your soon-to-be ex as a source of motivation. I like to picture myself running into an ex an event where I'm looking hot and make them regret ever leaving. (Yeah. In my mind, I'm ruthless.)

I wish you luck during this tough time. In times of stress, it's so easy to turn to food.
LetsWorkItOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Obviously I can't know what's best for you and your future, but I can wish it for you!

JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #11  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

I don't have any advice for you except to just hang in there, and give yourself time to think about things from every angle before making your final decision...I had a similar deal to onesullengirl where I was 7 months pregnant and had a 3 yr old when we separated...it took months to get back together, and nearly two years later there are things we deal with...but we're working it out...hopefully you guys too if that's what's best.

The main thing is to just focus on loving yourself right now...do everything you can to make YOU happy and if you find that he only brings you down then maybe this is for the best.

Good luck!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #12  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Good Luck on your journey! Keep your head up and stay strong!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #13  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, that is terrible I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! Hopefully, whatever happens, will be for the best.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsWorkItOut View Post
Maybe you could try to use your soon-to-be ex as a source of motivation. I like to picture myself running into an ex an event where I'm looking hot and make them regret ever leaving. (Yeah. In my mind, I'm ruthless.)
Haha I do that too!!!

Ok laughs aside. Many from me. I hope the pain will go away eventually. I say hang in there and whenever you feel like venting write us.

HANG IN THERE!!!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #15  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

I always use the excuse of running into an ex to motivate me even more..even though LOOKS AREN'T EVERYTHING and obviously we aren't together for deeper reasons that looks..

some can be shallow and think DANG what did I lose? When you're looking skinny and hot ..but also have a new found self confidence.

I started noticing a change in myself when I lost the first 70lbs. I am a different person, a better person.

Though I don't want any ex's back and I'm happy with who I'm with now..it's still fun to rub it in their face! haha
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote