Old 06-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default High gas prices = skinny me!

I have a 2002 CLK which I love almost more than life itself. It actually gets good mileage, anywhere from 30-32 mpg's and it adjusts automatically to your driving style and terrain to be the most efficient (gotta love that mercedes technology!) but it only takes premium and where I am, it now costs me $72 to fill it up. ACK!!

So... I bought a bike and a grocery basket and rack for the back, and now instead of driving to the store/mall/pool/everywhere within 5 miles, I just ride my bike.

I've only bought gas once this month on the 2nd and I still have a half a tank left, plus i've watched my weight loss skyrocket! As of this morning i'm almost halfway to my goal weight! 33lbs down since I started.

I have officially transcended from double-digit sizes and I am a very solid, not even remotely tight size 8, even in designer brands. YES!!!!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #2  
it's always something

WOW! Congratulations on a smart move on several levels! That's really impressive and I'll look forward to hearing more about your progress
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Good job it is amazing how the little changes effect your weight loss and help you wallet.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  
I will do this.

I am getting a bike for my birthday and hope to see those effects on my waist and wallet as well!

Congrats! That's so awesome, honey!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #5  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Congrats!!! That's amazing, and it sounds like a lot of fun!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
I am getting a bike for my birthday and hope to see those effects on my waist and wallet as well!

Congrats! That's so awesome, honey!

You will definitely see the results, and it's so fun! I've even got a really nice tan going and as well as losing weight my hips are shrinking and i'm losing the upper arm jiggle. One key thing though: It is not like riding when you were a kid! More than likely your all-purpose stock seat is going to be murder on your "girlie-parts" if you're on it longer than a few minutes. Be prepared to try out and invest a few bucks in a good, WIDE, cushion saddle to keep the pressure off your vajayjay and your butt from devouring your trousers. Picking wedgies out in front of the grocery store = NOT CUTE.

I learned that the hard way. Good luck!
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i have recently found my bike again....
only problem for me is i live on a very busy main road....
i would so love to be able to cycle the 4 miles to work and back everyday....
but its just not viable with this road....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Sounds perfect!

My seat is a little wider and it's one of those gel ones but I still get a sore butt if I'm on it to long. I think I need to get an even wider one. And my butt is not THAT big. LOL!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #9  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I got one of those gel seats for my bike for $15. Very much worth it. I'm pretty lucky that I live in a college town, so biking is really easy.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #10  
I will do this.

kitten HAHAHA You crack me up! "girlie-part" and vajayjay! I am sorry but I almost fell outta my seat laughing! Oh god....small tear....good times.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #11  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

I am so jealous!! Biking is one of my favorite activities...but we live WAYYYY out in the boonies, and even driving at 60mph or better I am nearly 20 min from the closest grocery store. I have a stationary bike, but it's just not the same.

Way to go girl, I'm so proud for you!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #12  
One Day At A Time...

S/C/G: 225/195/160

Height: 5'5"

I would like to ride my bike now that I've gotten into the fitness thing. But I let my boyfriend ride it to work a few times. Then he lost the bike lock key so now it's chained to his porch and there's no moving it. It's a couple of years old, so I would like to get a new bike with a seriously wide gel seat. I purchased a gel seat before and it still wasn't nice to my bootay or my vajayjay. Plus, I'm absolutely terrified of riding my bike on the busy streets of Boston. The crazy traffic scares the crap out of me. But I think it would be really helpful (as you've found) using a bike for transportation. But for now, I'm just walking my fanny off.

I'd like to be able to work up to what you are doing now. Good Job!!!
Kaethus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Ack! I posted too soon about my bike. thanks for the tip on gel seats. I swear my butt isn't THAT big, it's just the the seat is very inappropriately placed for women. I'm super jealous that you can bike so many places. Do you have a bike lane or do you bike on the roads? If on the roads, do have any advice because I'm too scared to do it! Also, another stupid question, do you wear a helmet?

Thanks and congrats!! Under arms and hips are so hard to tone, yay for you!!!!!
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #14  

I had hubby buy me a bike a few Christmas ago...but the seat was so uncomfortable that it has been in the storage building ever since. I am going out tomorrow and purchase a nice wide gel seat so that I can start riding. I live off the main highway on a nice frontage road and our sub-division has grown so much that riding in the neighborhood would probably be a good 4 miles of biking.
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #15  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaethus View Post
I would like to ride my bike now that I've gotten into the fitness thing. But I let my boyfriend ride it to work a few times. Then he lost the bike lock key so now it's chained to his porch and there's no moving it. It's a couple of years old, so I would like to get a new bike with a seriously wide gel seat. I purchased a gel seat before and it still wasn't nice to my bootay or my vajayjay. Plus, I'm absolutely terrified of riding my bike on the busy streets of Boston. The crazy traffic scares the crap out of me. But I think it would be really helpful (as you've found) using a bike for transportation. But for now, I'm just walking my fanny off.

I'd like to be able to work up to what you are doing now. Good Job!!!

A good set of bolt cutters should free your bike from your bf's porch.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote