Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #46  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewChristy View Post

I had a mini victory today...I took my kids to McDonald's for lunch, which of course is scary when you're dieting. I don't like their salads and hate their grilled chicken, so I opted for a plain hamburger happy meal with Diet Coke. I know, not the best choice, but fantastic compared to my usual Big Mac meal with sweet tea! That was an accomplishment, but the REAL victory was that I didn't eat ANY of my kids leftovers!!
I read somewhere that if us moms want to lose weight, start throwing away kids' leftovers into a garbage, not our mouth. And I know this is HARD. So KUDOS for not eating kids' leftovers! My "THE MEAL" at McDonald's is Big and Tasty. I used to love Big Mac...but haven't had it in awhile... Now that I read this, I feel like McDonald's BIG TIME... sigh... hopefully I will forget about it by the time I'm getting off of work so that I don't stop by at one on the way home. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
remember I totally get ya on being too tired to go to the gym. Some mornings I just hate leaving my warm bed and getting on my shoes! The 30 minute thing is probably mental....I don't think I can do the same machine for more than 30 minutes or I get bored. Maybe next time I will do 2 machines for 30 minutes each.....cause it's only 30 minutes, right? I can do anything for 30 minutes...including a different machine!
I can't do one machine over 10 minutes....which is why I stick to the workout DVDs... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416 View Post
Hope everyone is having a good Monday morning.

So I am trying to figure out my eating plan for the weekend. It's my boyfriend's birthday, which basically means a weekend full of eating and drinking. On Friday I am taking him to Fogo de Chao: I'm thinking 350 calories worth of meat and 150 calories for salad bar. Is that enough to budget? Not sure what we are doing on his actual birthday on Saturday, but I know I need to save up lots of calories for alcohol OY! Sunday is dinner with the parents, not sure where yet. It's hard to know how many calories to save for all of these big events.
Good luck with it. I have a house party to go to on Friday night, am excited, but oh boy... I better eat real good before going because I may end up pigging pizza if not. :P

Quote:
Today IS going to be better than tomorrow. My infection is WAY better with just 2 doses of medicine and that has made me feel a lot better.

I really want to run to food yesterday when I was having my mini break down - but I didn't. So this marks 5 days without a binge!!!

I hope you are all having a great day!

I'm glad to hear that you are having a better day. 5 day!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #47  
I will do this.

Silver Thank you so much. She was really sick - and I would rather have her healthy and where she is now then with me still battling cancer. I swear I sometimes her hear in my head saying, "Are you really going to eat that, Taylor??" LOL! - but maybe it is more like "I love you"
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #48  
Can't wait till 170

Taylor I have no doubt your mom is watching over you and very proud of you for everything you are doing for yourself...

My bf told me today that my body looks more defined... he was like "i don't know if you can tell that you lost weight...and i can't really tell for sure because I see you every day but I still can tell that your body is getting more defined..." (been little bit over 3 months since I've started working out and I love feeling my muscle while moving around..although there still is flabby skins..like on my arm)
Now when he was telling me this, I was wearing sports bra and workout pants... which, now that I think about it, is quite surprising. I never walk around the house showing my mid-section but I think I'm getting more comfortable with myself.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #49  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Hi ladies!!! Just thought Id stop in and join the chat for a minute.

Taragettingthin* That's awesome that youre getting more comfortable with your body..and that your bf is noticing. Compliments are the best and just make you want to keep going and stay motivated.

This week has been pretty good so far. My sisters wedding is coming up quicker than I thought it would (its this saturday) I feel like there's so much I have to do before then.

I have a question maybe one of you gals might knows a solutuion. So after the wedding we are heading to a resturaunt to eat. We already saw the menu and I decided that I was going to have fish...But I havent had either of the 2 choices...

1st choice :Salmon Oscar and Asparagus w/hollandaise sauce
2nd Choice: Blackened Tilapia with Pepper dill sauce

I'm thinking I might go with the tilapia because I've never tried salmon...but fat and calories wise which do u think is healthier?????
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #50  
Can't wait till 170

MaNdA22 Ummm I think Pepper dill sauce uses mayo...I know you can ask many restaurants to make some changes..so... would it be possible to ask them to put the sauce on the side so that the fish is not all smothered in the sauce...? (unless they are cooking the fish in the sauce...then no choice, i guess...) Or see if it's possible to get it with salsa?

Well, that was my little idea... I'm sure other ladies will have more ideas or answer to you. =)

Last edited by taragettingthin; 06-25-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #51  
I will do this.

Manda22 Choice #1 with no hollandaise sauce - that's my idea. I think Tara maybe right that the pepper dill may use mayo
Old 06-26-2008, 01:40 AM   #52  
I will do this.

Ugh - so I may have done a bad thing today. I just wasn't hungry today (odd, right?) and only ate about 1,230 calories. Well around 11:30 I was SUPER hungry and I knew I had to eat. So I got 100 calorie pack and some laughing cow and now I am at 1,365 and I did cardio for 30 minutes. My daily goal is 1,500 and I just didn't make it.

I know eating at night is not the best and I should have eaten more during the day but I just didn't feel hungry - at least I didn't have a late night binge.

I probably should just eat my snacks that I plan (I eat about every 3-4 hours) even though I am not hungry.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:00 AM   #53  
Can't wait till 170

Taylor, as I don't count calories that much, I don't think my answer would help you that much...but since you tend to stay up late, I do agree with you and think it is a good idea to eat about ever 3-4 hours so that your body has food...and increase metabolism as a result.. This should also help with the late night hunger. And there are days you make it and then again, there are days you don't make it. Don't beat yourself for it because you keeping up at it is what counts.
I know you weigh once a month...and next time you weigh, you will see a huge loss! =)
Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #54  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
I started March of 07 (with a very long hiatus for about 8 months of just maintaining).. I'm ready as heck to get to goal already.
I totally feel you on this one. I started November of 06! And have been maintaining for at least six months!! Im trying to get going but it just doesn't seem to work!!!
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #55  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Ugh - so I may have done a bad thing today. I just wasn't hungry today (odd, right?) and only ate about 1,230 calories. Well around 11:30 I was SUPER hungry and I knew I had to eat. So I got 100 calorie pack and some laughing cow and now I am at 1,365 and I did cardio for 30 minutes. My daily goal is 1,500 and I just didn't make it.

I know eating at night is not the best and I should have eaten more during the day but I just didn't feel hungry - at least I didn't have a late night binge.

I probably should just eat my snacks that I plan (I eat about every 3-4 hours) even though I am not hungry.

hey! I honestly woulod not beat yourself up a bout that!! Don't force yourself to eat if you are not hungry, unless you are trying to stop yourself from being ravenous.

The whole don't eat at night thing has been debunked I am pretty sure as a myth. It helps alot of people to stay away from for other reasons. Like if I were you and I hadn't ate, and let myself have that 100 calorie pack, I would have had two or three! Because people mostly binge at night. SO you are right, you didn't have a late night binge, score!

It may also effect you if you weigh yourself in the mornings, because your body hasn't got to yet. But when you eat really doesn't matter as long as you stay with in your math equation you made for yourself. you totally did that!
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I've been slipping up over the last few days. I don't know what the problem is, but it isn't just watching what I eat, more like a general motivation slump. I've only been running at about 40% at work lately, too.

Anyway, I was happy to see the scale move down to 146 this morning (although I'm suspicious it's just a water drop. We shall see, we shall see).

On a side note, I tried the pizza pocket recipe I found on the Hungry Girl website. Who knew turkey pepperoni tasted so good and had so few calories (gobs of sodium, but still...)?

Anyway, I really need a kick in the behind to get serious about this again.

Have a great Thursday!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

I've been trying to eat light today because we have a dinner tonight at Ruth Chris steakhouse. That place is worth a huge calorie splurge for me, especially on someone else's tab! Everyone around here is trying to keep themselves barely full so we can go all out tonight, it's been funny to listen to everyone all day. Tomorrow we have a welcome breakfast (Panera) for the new people and a farewell lunch (Pei Wei) for those leaving, but those events will be much easier to calorie control since they are here in the department so I can just eat a little with everyone and take the rest of my share home to eat in smaller portions later.

mmmm lobster tonight for sure with butter sauce sparingly, of course!
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #58  
I will do this.

Ortho FREE LOBSTER! You have made me very very jealous, my dear!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I had a fairly productive day today at my internship. I was finishing up all the loose ends from when I was out on my trips. I know if I didn’t do it today it would just linger. I have to go in tomorrow, eventhough it is my day off, to catch up. Too many things to do I guess. I managed to go to CVS and not buy junk food and then went to the gym, I’m working back up to 90 minutes, today I did 70. I had some side pain after running yesterday so I ended up just doing 35 minutes on the elliptical and 35 minutes on the bike.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge, I ended up making lunch plans with another girl from my internship we haven’t seen each other much since we are on opposite schedules, since I was coming in on Friday we decided to grab lunch and catch up. She was one of the students who went to NYC with me. So that can be problematic but normally I would compensate with dinner, well my roommates parents have wanted to have me over for dinner since April and since I haven’t been home most weekends I haven’t been able to take them up on it so she asked me yesterday (after I made lunch plans) what I was doing and when I said nothing she invited me. Now her family is great but I hate not having control of two meals, it’s not like I can compensate for one with the other. I’m hoping that for lunch we go somewhere I can get a big salad and then it makes up for not being able to control dinner. And I’m going to ask my roommate if she knows whats on the menu tomorrow.

Taylor – I agree that your mom is looking down on you and proud! I calorie count too, and some days I just eat less than others and I try not to force myself to eat but I try and make sure I never get hungry. Normally I try and go for between 1200 and 1400 that gives me quite a range to try for maybe you should try like 1400 to 1500. On an intersting not I find the more I exercise the less I want to eat. Its not that I think it will help my weight loss instead it is that I think the adrelen (sp?) supresses my appitite.

Tara – that is great that you are getting more comfortable with your body. Sometimes when I wear a tighter shirt or if I’m changing with someone in the room it amazes me that I’m so much more comfortable with myself.

Manda – Have fun at the wedding sorry I don’t have any suggestions about the fish dishes … food allergy so I’ve never had either.

Silver – Good job on dropping to 146

Ortho – Enjoy the lobster. I hate when places bring breakfast in (it was my big problem in Philly along with the alcohol calories) because it is always pastries or bagels with full fat cream cheese. Good luck!

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 06-26-2008 at 07:20 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #60  

RememberHowToSmile- Good luck with your eating on Friday! I totally understand your frustration. On the one hand, you are really excited to catch up with these people but on the other it's hard to be healthy when you are doing all of this eating out. As I mentioned before this weekend is my boyfriend's birthday and we are doing nonstop eating and drinking all weekend long. Normally I would be like fine one weekend that won't kill anyone, but next weekend is Fourth of July and you know that is going to be another weekend full of eating and drinking... While these plans are very fun and social, at the same time as bad as this sounds I would almost be happier if I could control what I ate.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote