Default Metobolic Rate

how can you tell if its low?....
or high come to that matter?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:02 AM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Well, if you can swing it the best way is to have your doc do some tests to find your actual resting metabolic rate (rmr). My gp also has a weight mgmt practice, but I'm assuming most could do it or refer you to where it could be done.

Otherwise, I'd say trial and error. Try eating the cals indicated by your bmr estimate (can get online) and observe if your weight goes up or down or same.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #3  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

I read somewhere that it can depend on your body type how high or low your metabolism is.
But then again you cant believe evrything you read. So I dont know
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

Well I'm no expert, but if you are overweight and you generally try to eat a reasonable amount of food (even with an average amount of extra eating) your metabolism is probably slow.

Muscles help to increase metabolism so if you know you don't have that much muscle mass or are relatively weak then your metabolism is slower than it could be.

As you get stronger and your metabolism goes up, your energy levels go up. People with really fast metabolisms are always bouncing off the walls, using energy (because the have some to spare) and a generally thin. But there are other factors. Ask your doctor.
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote