Old 06-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/204/130

Height: 5'3"

Red face It's so hard...

I want this... I REALLY do. But it's just so hard. I think my problem is I think too much about it instead of just DOING it. I was down to 180 a year ago. But then something happened that diminished what self esteem I had gained and I started eating everything in sight. I'm a food addict, that's for sure. I started trying to lose weight about two months ago and probably could have lost more than what I have but I wasn't taking it seriously. I needed inspiration...

About a year ago my mother started her weight loss journey. She's 44 years old. As of last week she is down 109 pounds. ONE HUNDRED AND NINE POUNDS!!!!! She's right on my heels as far as weight goes. She said so herself that my motivation should be that I need to stay smaller than her. (I have been WAY smaller than her my whole adult life.) At first I was jealous of her weight loss. But now, I'm just inspired by her. It's amazing what she has accomplished. If she can do it at 44 years old there's NO REASON why I can't do it at 24 ya know!?

My mom is that inspiration I needed. I'm so proud of her! She told me she would be willing to be my "trainer". I'm going to start going on bike rides or walks with her every day. And we bought a softball and started playing catch. She tries to keep nothing but good food in the house, no junk. That helps my dad as well since he's diabetic. (Another reason for me to lose weight! Diabetes is genetic and I want to stop it before it starts!) I'm pumped. EXCITED to start this journey the right way! It's weird how you can have a light bulb moment and your whole outlook changes! I love my mom! She wants to take some pictures of her before and after thus far. (Her goal weight is 150.) I will post them here for you all to be inspired by her as well!

Last edited by TehPatty; 06-17-2008 at 01:23 AM.
TehPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Good luck!!! This will allow you to spend healthy time with your family and lose weight at the same time! Make sure you do things on your own too, it's always nice to go on a long walk alone and think about life
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/205/185

Height: 5'10"

That's so great that your mom inspires you! Stick with it, make her your workout buddy. Its good for bonding and it will keep you both motivated. It is a hundred times easier when you have someone to listen when you want rant about how hard it is, and to pick you up when you get down.

Keep it up!! We are rooting for you!
marheena is offline   Reply With Quote