Old 03-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #1  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Weekly Chat 3/10 thru 3/16

Happy Monday - I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was well, but I never think they are long enough and I could have used that extra hour of sleep.

Weight is still the same, but I guess I should be thankful for that after all the beer I drank this weekend. On to a new week!

I will be back to check in more later on...just wanted to get the thread going for the week.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #2  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I've been only trying to weigh myself once a week, so I can't weigh myself until Friday. I did have a NSV, though. I bought these Old Navy jeans at a yard sale last summer, and I had another pair int he same size, but couldn't button this pair up. Well, I could, but breathing in them was another story. I put them on yesterday and I could wear them *and* breathe!
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #3  
Tired of cold and rain...

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey girlies, well....I'm sitting here watching The Jerry Springer Show. I'm embarrassed to say that I actually like this show. I mean, this people are CRAZY, just total nutjobs! Its like a train wreck...you don't wanna watch but you can't tear your eyes away...anyway, I have to go pick up the 5 year old at 11. He's in pre-k so he gets out early. (Quick backstory-My bf has two kids from his first marriage. They are boys, 5 & 6.) The bf is working ALOT, he's on day 15 and won't be off til Saturday!! He's turning 30 in August, that's a big year in my opinion, does anyone have any party ideas? We did good yesterday, cooked out on the grill which I LOVE! Throw anything on the grill n I'm ready to eat. So we had chicken and sausage and grilled onions and bell peppers and salads. Very good and healthy! Ok, gonna go be lazy now, I'll check back later...JILLLLLL
Jill Tha Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  

P.S. DH is husband so I assume DD is daughter and DS is son...my question is what does the "D" stand for?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #5  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Either Dear or Darned, depending on how we feel about them at the moment
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies!

Well after a weekend of not so great eating I weighed in at 142.2 this morning, my lowest ever! This week should go much better since I'll be eating at home and bringing lunch to work. Just one meal out on Wednesday (actually at the place we're thinking of having the wedding) and it's pretty healthy so that should be fine.

Can I vent a little about tax time? I started investing in RSPs with an unnamed company this year. I let my advisor know at the beginning what my limit was- but she went over by $3500 (I thought it was all going into unregistered investments)!!!!!!!! She was very apologetic and told me that going over by $2000 is fine but the rest you pay a 1% penalty on and she would pay it, I just had to fill out some form. So my dad and I go to fill it out and it makes no sense and is the most complicated form EVER (and he does all his own taxes). So we have no idea what to do and he's pissed off because he says that if the money was removed before Dec 31/07 I wouldn't have any problem but she told me that I wasn't allowed to move it when we discovered the problem in early December!!! Argh. So I have to call her this morning (in 10 minutes...nothing I hate more than confrontation) and tell her to fill out the damn form for me and fix everything! Argh...I just want a good financial planner person I can TRUST!

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 03-10-2008 at 10:21 AM.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #7  

Hey everybody, I'm back!

I am very proud to say that I did pretty well on my vacation eating wise. Other than day of travel there and day of travel home I made sure to either walk to town in the morning or hike along a trail in the afternoon. I did end up writing down what I ate, but not until night so that I didn't drive myself crazy. More like I made the healthiest choices I could and then wrote calories down to see how I did. Not sure in the grand scheme of things if I gained weight since I am avoiding/on strike against the scale, but I feel good so I guess that is most important.

Looking forward to going back to my normal eating/work out routine.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #8  

Does anyone have any good books to recommend? I need something to read. I'm open to whatever. Thanks! -JILLLL
Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #9  

I just finished The Other Boelyn Girl (just came out as a movie) and it was AMAZING!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #10  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

So I decided that I would try to check in here daily....weekly at least! I've been keeping a food log since March 4th, not really writing down calories/fat etc...but basically it's been holding me accountable. No handfuls of goldfish crackers with my 3 year old because I know I have to write it down Kind of a funny thing, since no one sees my log but me anyways. BUT - after not even a week, I feel great!!

Jill - I LOVE Nora Roberts books (there are a couple other authors like her too). My mother-in-law gave me one a few years ago and I thought there was no way I would like it...I think it's her writing style that keeps me hooked. If you've never read one, they ARE romance stories, but not all "smut" like you'd think (or at least like I thought!). They always have a great storyline and are always about really random scenarios that I can usually find a little bit of me in all of them They really get me thinking about what I want to do with my life career/hobby-wise (see my post in 20-somethings "Quarterlife Crisis"!!).

Anyways - I hope you ladies are all off to a great Monday!!!
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #11  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

BTW - Great job on your trip Cookie Monster!!! That's awesome that you were able to hold yourself accountable while also relaxing a little and not driving yourself crazy the whole time!! And it must have worked since you're feeling good now - that's really what matters most
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #12  

Height: 5'

So yesterday I finally bought a scale. I haven't weighed myself in the longest time, and it was really scary what the results were. I have been exercising and eating good for the past few weeks too, so I wonder it was before. Well, now I am just going to weigh once a week on Sunday nights. And need to start another week good with food and exercise. So, I finally have a weight ticker now. I don't know what my true starting weight, so I just started it at what I weighed yesterday.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #13  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Jill The Thrill: As I Lay Dying by Faulkner...it's a short read but it will twist your mind!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #14  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm happy this am i saw a number that i wanted and it was cause i stayed away from the bag of m&ms lol.
i guess i have to find something to wear cause my wedding rings keeps sliding and turning on my finger lol. hopefully my hubby understands cause i forgot to get them resized like i said i would when we got our money now i have to wait lol oh well i have a bunch of other rings i can wear
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #15  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Cookie Monster - yeah on the well-balanced vacation!

Sassy - May I suggest weighing yourself in the morning? The numbers are so much nicer in the AM?? So, maybe Sunday mornings? I do Friday mornings... but, I'm crazy and generally weigh myself more than once a week... for me, it helps keep me on track---but, I'm also an obssessive person in general.

lissa - Yay! on the loose rings!

Jill - I am a reading/english teacher and one of the best things we do is SSR ...and the teachers are required to read during that time also (good modeling for the students!) I've able to devour several books this year... even with grad classes! Water for Elephants is great! I love anything Jodi Piccoult - she deals with some heavy topics, but they are so hard to put down. Jennifer Weiner books are fun reads.

OK... I'm back... again. Fortunately the weight is doing OK. I've been very stressed with money and the DB (lately, it's D=darned). I love him so much, but this adjustment with him being in the Navy is hard for me and he's not the most emotional guy, so it's hard to read him. He almost cheated on me (but didn't) and we worked through that, but it finally got us to talk about other things. He doesn't communicate with me unless it gets to the point when we're about to break up! Anyhow, he said I'e been needy since he finished OCS... and I guess I have, but I can't fix it if he doesn't tell me!! Also, this is a big change for us and it takes me time to adjust.. I hope I do. Anyhow, I have to work on focusing on my life as ME! I want to get back into working out after my disc went out again... that'll be good for me! I played hookey today to work on organizing some things I've let go to the wayside. Hopefully, I can get my **** together and be the independant girl that I loved and that he fell in love with again! I am still using my visits with him as my extrinsic motivators for losing weight (it works!)... so, the next visit is in mid-May... hmm.... how much should I shoot for by then? I'm going to say 15 lbs! Sound OK?

Sorry so long.. I ramble! Have a great week!

Last edited by hope2loseit4good; 03-10-2008 at 01:55 PM.
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote