Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/155/145

Height: 5'3

Default Water Aerobics?

Hi, Are any of you all doing water aerobics for your main exercise? I am having to give up treadmill and hard cardio due to autoimmune disease , my joints cant take it anymore. So I am going to begin water aerobics this week and try to do a 50min class 5-6x a week. I am a little nervous it won't be as good of a workout as treadmill.
indianamomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:25 AM   #2  
I am Strong

Smile

Hi! Water aerobics is my main (only) source of real exercise. I've been doing 45 minutes twice a week & it's really worked for me.

I have lost about 45 lbs doing water aerobics since July 2007. We are lead by an instructor, and do cardio & strength training in the water using floating dumbbells, belts, noodles, etc. Let me know if you have any questions, hopefully I can help answer them.

-Yello.
Yellofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/155/145

Height: 5'3

Thanks Yello. That makes me feel so much better. I love the water so I am thinking it will be much more enjoyable for me and looking forward to exercise.
indianamomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #4  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Yes, I tried a class that my mom was taking (for seniors) and it kicked my ***!
With a treadmill, you will only move in one direction. with water aerobics you will move in all sorts of ways you never imagined, I bed you will be sore after, plus it will help your muscles and joints become stronger too!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Water aerobics kicks my ***! I've only taken a couple of classes, but if you give it your all you'll be so sore after. I definately think it will be a great workout.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:34 AM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Water aerobics is AWESOME! You don't really feel like you're doing much...UNTIL it's over and you're out the pool! THEN you feel the burn! It was my main source of exercise back in 'Bama. I have to get a swimsuit so i can start taking it down here.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote