Old 02-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

I'm sorry, the first part was directed at Faerie...I just realized I was being vague with the whole jean size things. Lol.
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Native View Post
I'm sorry, the first part was directed at Faerie...I just realized I was being vague with the whole jean size things. Lol.
lol! yes, please don't ruin the surprise!! Shhh it's a big secret. Hee hee
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #18  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Same here. I have no idea what my target weight should be. The good side of this is probably that I don't feel like I have to live up to some kind of expectancy about "I want to be a size 2 again, like when I was younger", which may be something impossible to reach for many of us anyway.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #19  

Kery - Wow! You're almost at your goal! Congrats!

Yeah, I love surprises and some things are best discovered on your own.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #20  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Yeah, well... I'll be at goal the day I stop bingeing my way up a few pounds, then back to current weight, then... You get the picture. (But I'm not giving up!)
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #21  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Is that why it's so much easier to stay fat? If you don't have a time when you were skinny to compare..you just don't know how great it is!

I've been fat forever, one of those 101lb 2nd graders. I don't remember being skinny, I saw baby pictures--I was a string bean at 3..then just ballooned. I've always been fat, so it doesn't seem odd to me.

The thought of being really skinny seems odd. I'm starting to think that is what is wrong with my weight loss. I've lived with fat for 23 years, so what's a month longer..lets eat a cupcake!

How to get over the "fat" mentality is the question...hmmm.

I think it's so much easier for people who were once skinny and then gained weight to lose it, they know how good they looked before and have something to compare it to.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #22  

Wow, I never thought of it that way before. I've been there, I know what I'll look like if I can get back to it. I know that the way I look now is not acceptable. But if I never had the "smaller" image in my head, I wonder if I would be more motivated to find out or more comfortable with my body at a higher weight. Good point.....I watch Biggest Loser. It's the first time I've ever watched it and there's a girl on there that started gaining weight at an early age...I think age five. Though she never put it together before, on the show she was helped to realize that at age five, her parents split up. She replaced the void in her life...the empty feeling...with food. If there's something like that going on in your life and you can come to terms with it, they said you're more likely to have life-long success with your weight-loss. Just something else I thought was kind of thought-provoking.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #23  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

yeah, I had TONS of family/life issues in my short 23 years...I always wondered if my weight issues were caused by that, but still haven't been brought to terms with that the issue is.

I used to think it was my mom, wanting me to be fat because she is. She is jealous of my weight loss now..and I live with her right now. hmmmm

yes, lots to think about.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #24  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

I also, have never been skinny. I went from "Pretty plus" (Plus girls clothes at JC Penny) to maybe a 13 in juniors, and then like a 16 in ladies when I was in middle school. In high school I was strictly womens sizes. As an adult, this is the smallest I have ever been - actually just a size smaller than I was when I graduated from HS. I am looking forward to knowing what I look like "underneath" and what it FEELS like. Other people can see my weight loss but I can't yet, so I am hoping that in another 15-20 lbs I will be able to see it. Who knows? I am just excited to find out what size I will be too! I know that 140 (my goal) seems high for some people at my height, but heck, I'd be thrilled!
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #25  

I'll Be Hot - That's definitley something you should think about. I mean, what if she did it unintentionally...like, subconsiously, because she was afraid you'd leave her or something. Like, some parents try to live through their children, some parents are jealous when their children achieve what they didn't, some fear their children leaving them. You never know. Not to say it really IS any of those things but definitely something to consider as the voice in your head says, "What's one more month?" Who does the voice belong to?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #26  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

I am one of you too!!!! I have not been thin since I was 5. I remember in 4th grade we had to make a child information card incase we were ever kidnapped or whatever. It had our picture and stats on it. I remember begging my mom to put 97 lbs because I was ashamed to be over 100. I had SO much shame. It didn't help that my mom has always weighed <100.

I went to a hypnotist and we did a lot of soul searching. It brought back a lot of memories. When I was 5 I lost both grandparents. My mom was put on tranquilizers and basically disappeared for 6 months. My dad has no clue how to deal w/ kids so whenever I'd cry or get upset or hungry he'd give me Cocoa Puffs. Needless to say, that is still my comfort food of choice.

The hypnotist thinks that until I deal with those issues that weight will always be a big issue for me.
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #27  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

God, I hope they they don't still weigh kids in front of the whole class...how traumatizing.
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #28