Old 01-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #91  
You can call me Niki

S/C/G: 207/194/130

Height: 5'0

Hi HappyMomma05, military spouse too.

Thanks tinsica, I hope you show a loss soon.
wannabethin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

wannabe: Yay! I like knowing that there are others around me. I'm finding out that the worst part about deployment is the part BEFORE they leave. Once they're gone, they're gone....but up until that point, it's like "AHHH DONT LEAVE!"
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

you know, if I'm the first one on here again next week, I'm gonna do a daily thread. I'm gonna. You all watch...or, tell me if you hate that idea and I won't do it. I mean, this is just downright intimidating!!
my computer is still broken, so I'm not really in the loop, but still missing you all terribly. on my way to the gym now...deciding whether to do a class or just my own thing. we'll see.
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #94  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm here going on 4 nights of crappy sleep and not enough caffiene to keep me sane(its my only vice lol)
i decided tonight for dinner i was going to have a south beach wrap and i liked it, i added a little ranch but it was still good. i had to tell hubby that we'll start buying the sugar free jello for the kids
my scales having issues already it seems to have added 5 pounds or i was pushing my weight the wrong spot lol
i'll weigh in tomorrow and see if its right lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

yep, i was gonna suggest the same thing sonja --

ATTN: Who ever makes the next chat thread (starting Monday), MAKE IT A DAILY THREAD. This is kind of ridiculous
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #96  

lizzy: I think you have a good idea there! Or maybe if every day is too much, we could do Sun-Wed Thur-Sat. I get overwhelmed by all of the posts.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #97  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I've been checking in with this thread since this morning trying to find time to post, but today has been crazy. I think if I didn't have to work out and make my food I'd have more time to post. But then... what would I have to say??

Today was way, way, way better than yesterday. First, the best news I got today is that the marines are NOT taking my boyfriend back. A very long story short, he joined the marines at 17 for a girl (big mistake. He wasn't made to be a marine and I don't think fully understood what it meant at 17 anyway.) He served his four years, got out, started college and this September they called him and said he was being recalled and would be sent orders to go overseas unless he could get an exemption (either academic and medical.) After a very long, tedious, stressful process he finally got the call today that they've accepted his exemption request. It's like a five-month dark cloud has finally disappeared.

Sorry if all thats boring, but it was just a major thing for me.

I'm visiting him this weekend, but he wants to run and I'm not really ready to take that step with him Sooo, I went to the library to try to find some work out dvds to take. Unfortunately, the only things checked in were yoga-type stuff and 90's sweatband aerobics tapes. I was hoping for something a little more like kickboxing. Oh well, I might just have to suck up my insecurities and go to the park with him.

Hope everyone has a good Friday & weekend!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #98  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm so with people who want to do a daily thread!!! Go that idea!!!

On a sucky note my eating has felt like crap today. It's not that I've eaten too too much or eaten anything particularly bad, it's that I ate when I wasn't hungry. and I ate when I was stressed... which are binging eating habits, which lead to more stress and guilt.

On a positive note, at least I'm catching that behaviour before it goes nutso. While it might seem like such a weird idea, the fact that my binge today wasn't really a full on binge makes me pretty happy.

I have so much to do that I'm not going to get in individual replies to people. I'm sorry! I always feel bad when I can't get in some little personal replies. But it happens. I wish you all the best of luck today, big hugs, and congrats on losses...
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #99  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

1. YES on daily threads... although it won't be much help because they'll still be long hehe

2. WastedThermos (is it Lizzie?): That's WONDERFUL news about your boyfriend. I certainly support anyone who serves in any of the armed forces but if it's not what he is cut out for, it won't benefit anyone for him to go. Also, of course, there's a lot more peace of mind for you, as I'm sure any of the several military wives on this board will agree

As for me, still sick, but it's my last day of work!! I drive back to school tomorrow morning (and you can expect to see a bit less of me then because things are going to get crazy). So excited!! Ooh AND my miniskirts fit!!!!! Well some of them. And then tight-ish. BUT STILL I'm happy!!
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #100  

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! (happy dance)

In order to "prepare" myself for the weekend I am writing out my meal schedule (gotta stay around 1200 calories, and I always leave room for a couple of glasses of wine on Saturday night because there's no point in lying to myself that I'm not going to drink).

I want someone to notice how hard I've been working. I think I've only lost a couple of pounds though (and I'm always up and down the same 10 pounds so I'm not shocked no one notices). I keep telling myself it's how I feel in my pants that matter. I have this one pair of pants I wore a year ago that for me that's my goal is to get back in them. They aren't even close to buttoning them so I guess I still have a bit to go.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #101  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Booty:
MEH. Whether it's permanent or not, it's still so good to see a loss! (See my update!)
I hope work wasn't TOO painful for you, going to work sick is a really crappy experience. It's like being double-teamed by ****tiness. Not only do you feel horrible, you have to go to one of the least fun places for hour upon hour! *HUG*

Wannabe:
Welcome! Come, post, join in!
(See, people, THIS is why we're so overloaded in these threads, I'm advertising and encouraging people like mad. )

HopeToLose:
Hey sweetie. I've absolutely been struggling as well. It's really frustrating, it's usually as a result of some temptation being around. I had to run a program and I had a big (mostly full) box of ice cream sandwiches leftover when it was done, and for three days, I couldn't keep my hands off them. I mean, I didn't have like 6 of them a day by any means, but I did have one or two, when I really shouldn't have been having any.
And hey, you're right around the weight that I'm at; I find that it's a pretty finicky weight to be....You and I, baby, fighting the good fight!
We can keep each other accountable if you want...?

Tinsica:
Firstly... crappy gym scale doesn't sound overly reliable. I would really suggest sneaking out and getting yourself a good scale to keep at home in a closet and weigh yourself on the reliable one once every week or however frequently you do now.
There's something about a scale at a gym, I feel like there's just been too much weight on it over TIME for it to stay perfectly zeroed and constant...
Secondly, I would never ever weigh myself at night. I find that my body is REALLY erratic when I weigh myself during the day. I'm scale obsessed, so I sometimes weigh myself during the day-- case in point, yesterday. Yesterday I was about 167 in the morning, 169 sometime during the evening, 166 right before bed, and 164.2 this morning. If I just weighed myself the one time in the evening and saw 169 I probably would have been really upset. It's just based on how much you've eaten, hydration level and whether you've gone to the bathroom, the tiny fluctuations.
Anyhow, keep working out and staying OP, I'm sure before you know it, even the tiny fluctuations won't be able to keep the number so high!

HappyMomma:
Well ****, you were damn close to that goal, and that's what counts! Sorry that your TOM is approaching, but look at it this way-- how much fun is it to see the scale go up, then watch it drop rapidly the next week when all your water weight falls off??
And... it was your birthday, you can get back on the wagon now afterwards, there's no point in beating yourself up over having a birthday treat.
Before you know it, that scale'll be down again. Good luck darling.

Sonja:
Question... what is a daily thread exactly going to accomplish? I mean, I have no problem with it, by all means, go for it and post it up!! I'm just curious. Because people who can't keep up just tend to read the last few pages anyhow, and maybe reply to one or two people... I don't really see much of a difference between reading the very end of the thread only or ignoring yesterday's thread and replying to today's, y'know?
But maybe I'm just missing something, or I'm being weird and illogical. It happens where I'm concerned, since I'm a bit nuts.

Lisa:
Ooh, do you have a dial scale? I always find those ones a bit funny. I love my digital scale, I could stand all on the very edge, feet half-on, and it still turns out the same weight.
(Which means I can't delude myself into thinking I'm littler with some fancy footwork. )

Lizzabee:
I'm getting images of you sitting down to catch up with posts with a Big Mac and Fries instead of working out and eating well, and the irony of the image entertains me thoroughly.
I think that exercise and your health are priority over replying to my inane posts.
All you people feel so guilty when you don't have time to reply, but.. that just means you have a life and I don't!
Yay for your boy, Liz!! I'm so happy for you that he's staying! *happydance*
Ew, Richard Simmons type workouts?
"LIKE A PONY! LIKE A PONY!"
"Oh dear god."
You should get Carmen Electra workouts. They're very badass. I feel pretty hot doin' em in my room by myself in skimpy workout clothes that I would never wear inFRONT of people.

Bronwyn:
I just read a book called "Confessions of a Carb Queen" that is fabulous. It really puts into perspective YOUR binges, because this woman (who at her peak weighed 468.2 lbs) was a binge-aholic, and we're talking... fast food runs like.. one drive-thru after another, after another, after another.
I was freaking out over having eaten an ice cream sandwich, then I read this book and was like, "Whoa-ho. Okay. So. Ice cream sandwich.. not that big a deal..."
Anyhow, the book is hella inspirational, funny and really HONEST about her weight. She talks a lot about dealing with daily routine while being morbidly obese, things like meeting guys online and "fat sex" and simple **** like worrying whether there would be arms on chairs in restaurants. It's an amazing book.

Sorry, this has kind of gone off on a tangent in my personal response to you, Bron.
Also, it's really great that you're so AWARE of your "binges." Yeah, you ate when you weren't hungry. But afterwards, you were entirely conscious of what you'd done, how many extra calories you'd taken in, etc. It's a good incentive to not do it again, whereas people who aren't conscious of it can really easily forgive themselves the frequent mindless munching.

Booty:
Yay for them fitting albeit a little tight still! I'm so happy for you!! Augh, you are so close to your Valentines goal, I'm really proud of you! *pridepride*

Cookie:
Yay for writing out that plan and everything. It's a really good idea to keep you on track and everything!
I'm sure that people will start noticing the weight loss soon! It can be a bit frustrating to be working so hard and not having anyone saying, "wow, you look great!"
Sometimes it's a decent call to prompt people too. A few of my students know about my weight loss efforts and I was chatting to them about it, and cupped my hands around my face and neck and said, "I just can't wait until the chunk starts coming off around my face and things get a little less ROUND, haha. " and both of them at the same time said, "It's already coming off, you can already see a difference." I have never been more shocked or felt more complimented. But when you see yourself everyday you don't notice things like that, right?
Anyhow, if people KNOW about your efforts, they might be more inclined to look for losses and improvements. Are your efforts publicized at all? Or are you keeping it a bit hush?

Me:
I'm hungoooooover.
MORNING ALL.
I went to the bar last night with friends. One of the girls I met in Ireland (who lived there for a full year as opposed to the 4 months I was there) moved back home and she and I went out last night along with another couple of my friends. It was so much fun, I had a blastieblast.
I also had two pints of beer and a shot, BUT... I checked the calories on my giant alcohol binge? Less than 500. I figure that's not really the end of the world.
This morning I woke up and initially weighed myself at 164.2. Which was a big like, "holy ****, that's low!" because I haven't weighed in that low since just after Ireland. Made me pretty happy, gotta say.
Then again, I'm all good and hungover, so what are the odds that that's like.. entirely my dehydration weight?
Then again, my abs hurt like **** this morning, so Sadistic Sue (my bootcamp and cardiopump class instructor) might have something to do with helping me along on my weight-loss efforts.
Man, if S.S. makes us do 8 reps of something, then chucks on another "8 more!" one more time... I'm going to go ballistic. If she KNOWS we're gonna do 16, SAY sixteen!!!!
Alright. Lotsa love ladies. Have healthy, happy days and I will talk to you soon. <3

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-25-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #102  

Height: 5'7"

Jelbb - I think the idea behind the daily threads is that while people are doing the same thing -- only reading part of the week's convo -- it's not so intimidating to do so. And I won't feel so bad skimming over 2 pages of convo as I do with 7 I think that's the idea. Less "I feel guilty" going around After the beginning of the week I don't even try to catch up... but if we had littler threads I know I'd post more.

Awesome about your WI this morning, hangover or no!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Hey all... I'm sooooooo glad it's Friday. I've had the week from H*ll! All of it is my own doing, I've been forgetting stuff left right and center, it's all been minor stuff but man does it add up! I was moments away from gnawing off my own foot if it ment the weekend would have come faster. I'm just glad its almost over.

I totally impressed my trainer last night. I managed to leg press my own body weight!!! 145lbs!!!!!! I also got up to 130lbs on the leg extender machine thingy. He actually told me I had freakishly strong legs. He also said that he trains a few guys who can't leg press that much. However, today the stairs are NOT my friend. I have three flights of stairs in my townhouse and I had to run up to the top floor to get my cell phone this morning and I nearly had to crawl up the last flight...not a pretty picture; my bf thought it was the funniest thing ever though.

Last night my bf and I went out for dinner. Both of us ordered steak (only 256 calories, plus side but I only had veggies) well the kitchen over cooked our steaks, didn't even bring them out to the table. We finally got our meals and my steak was well done. So they made me a new one, but the comped everything but our drinks! So we got a $75 dinner for $30!. We seriously over tipped the server, but hey still an awesome deal and I managed to stay right on plan even with 2 rum and diets and a glass of wine! WOOHOO!

Jelbyou should see the fuschia and lime green gerber daisies I just bought, they're so bright and cherfull. They totally made me smile when I went downstairs to have breaky this morning! Daffodils are beautiful too. I always buy a couple of pots when they sell them for the cancer fundraiser. They definately remind me of spring.

I don't have much going on a work today, so I'll be back to catch up on the posts in a bit.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #104  

Talking

Wastedthermos: That's awesome they're not taking him back! You must be so relieved! I would hate it if dh got out then had to go back. I'd be like "Over my dead body he's going!" Then, they wouldn't care really. I'm happy for you.

cats: I'm sorry you had a bad day. I noticed that you're only 3lbs away from your goal though! You go girl!!

booty: That's great that your skirts "fit". They'll fit even better soon! What counts if that you can get them on!

cookie: Don't get discouraged, girl! You'll get into those jeans!! Don't give up and you'll be there in NO TIME!

jelbb: LOL!! I'd take the loss! I know it may not be there tomorrow, but it was there this morning. The scale said it! hahaha! Feel better dear!

suitejudy: ditto. I think it's a good idea. That way if you think "Someone said something about something on this day" it's not so frickin' hard to find it! LOL

shantroy: DUDE!! 145 is amazing!!

Soooo, TOM came today. I feel all bleh... I managed to do a little laundry and I plan on cleaning the living room later. OH! And my b-day party is tonight! Whoo!! I also talk to the Humane Society and I should be getting my kitty today! I'm so happy. My daughter named him Joey after the Friends character. I think he is her favorite. LOL
The scale was my friend again this morning. It says only 177 today. That's good because it's been higher the past 2 days. MAYBE when this week is over I'll be like "BAM!! 5 lb loss!" We'll see. I can hope...... right?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #105  

Jelb - I am keeping it hush. I find that when I say I'm trying to eat better people feel threatened and try to sabotage me by saying "this 1 little (2,000 calorie) piece of cake isn't going to kill you." OR they constantly ask me how I'm doing or questions what I'm eating "You're on a diet right? Should you really be eating that?"
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote