Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #121  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lizzabee & Betty:
Ohh Liz, you are such a sweetheart for your kind words about my appearance, but I assure you and Betty, I am in rough shape at the moment. But I have decent pictures of me from back when I was thinner that let me know how I'll look once the pounds drop off, and.. hopefully without sounding too self-involved, I think I look quite pretty... but right now I feel horrible, and look NOTHING like that. There's so much roundness in my face...

My favourite Jess-whilst-thin pic (red top):

I don't date guys who physically REPULSE me, just... haven't really dated any who've wow-ed me, heehee. But right now I think it's really hard to find guys who I'm attracted to who are interested in me as well, if simply for the fact that 20 year old men in general aren't as interested in serious relationships.. and they're still pretty shallow appearance-wise. (In GENERAL!) When I was in Ireland this summer, I was hit on CONSTANTLY, my self-confidence was boosted to insane levels, lol. Back here in Canada, not so much... (Tip ladies, Irish men? Not as picky!)

Tinsica:
Oooh, I hate working on papers. I do the same thing... start a paper, spend three and a half hours pouring over research and facts and getting absolutely nowhere. Three and a half hours and you have a few useless sources and three sentences down. Boo!
But at least you get some ab workouts in the meantime!!!
Also, suckage about that dress!!! That's really unfortunate, do you think you can find something similar? Post a pic here, maybe we can all keep an eye out?

Shrinkin' LZ:
Hey, when you were gone, I MISSED YOU. I've come to expect you guys to keep me sane, and losing one of you makes me go a little more crazy with all this weightloss junk.
Ugh. It goes to your butt!? So jealous! Mine goes to my love handles, I have REALLY weird proportions from behind, my rear area is basically a square when you incorporate the love handles and butt.. (which is WIDE, but flat. Lovely.) Why on earth haven't I got boys crawling all over me!?

:
Man, don't you hate the friend crush!? I have a crush on one of my guy friends too, he's really sweet, and we GET each other, he always vents to me about people who annoy him... he also treats me a bit like one of the guys, and tells me about girls he's interested in.
I hope you're able to kill that crush for the sake of your friendship situation! It's hard sometimes, eh?
But yeah, for the simple sake of ME not getting hurt, I'm trying to force myself to get over it. I find I'm a bit boy crazy in general, I get crushes very easily...
But I'm the same as you. Irregardless, I just want to be happy and confident in myself, and have the guy be able to like me for what he sees, THEN get to know me and like my personality instead of having guys lose interest before they see my personality!

Shanny-TroyTroy:
(What a weird thing to call you, I'm sorry. These things just come out.)
I LOVE that you came here and got all inspired and went to the gym!! When I read your little posty thing I was like, "Eff my day off, I'm going to the gym too!!!"
But then my car was snowed into the driveway, so instead my workout was spending an hour and a half shoveling heavy snow...

lissa9501:
Whoo, I can only imagine swinging a two year old around would be plenty of workout... and fun for the two year old!!
Man, sorry about your scale. Totally go for a digital, they're aces. I love 'em! So much more accurate than the dial ones, I've found...
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #122  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Just jumping in here to ask if any of us are doing the Self magazine challenge next month? I got the mag Friday and I'm new to actually completing a program I start (the Jan challenge here will be the first one!) I tried searching the forums to see if this was already discussed, but I didn't see anything recent. So, what do you think?
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #123  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

OMG! I love that pic. I should steal it and make it my siggy.

Haha. Awesome.
(OF the cat by the by, it would be way creepy if I wanted to use a pic of you and your friends as my siggy....)

Kellibee - Naw can't say I'm planning to do the self mag challenge. I've decided to try to not buy magazines in general b/c I realized that I could buy a book for the cost of a magazine these days. And I'd way rather have a book. That said I do like self mag. I find it hard to pass up when I'm standing in line at the supermarket.

Last edited by Cats tongue; 01-20-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #124  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibee2000 View Post
Just jumping in here to ask if any of us are doing the Self magazine challenge next month? I got the mag Friday and I'm new to actually completing a program I start (the Jan challenge here will be the first one!) I tried searching the forums to see if this was already discussed, but I didn't see anything recent. So, what do you think?
The what?? Explain, you intrigue me!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #125  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

The Self challenge is basically a 3 mo. exersize and food plan to get in better shape. Right now if you go to their site, they have the jump start diet, which is like the challenge, just smaller, only 30 days. Each month there is a different level of activity or food focus. I find it's excellent if you like structure, but I've got a lot of 'get started' anxiety, which is why I am just shooting for an overall minutes of activity goal for the Jan challenge here. It would help me to hear from other members how doable or realistic they feel it was for them.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:06 PM   #126  
Queen Yo-yo

Hmm. You should try posting a thread in the "Chicks Up For a Challenge" forum, that's probably your best bet for finding people participating in that kind of thing.
Overall minutes of activity is a really great goal to get started. I hope everything's going well for you!!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Jelbb, Well, in your avatar pic you look absolutely gorgeous, though I must agree that 20 year-old men are usually stupidly shallow. Have you ever thought about dating older guys? I'm 25, and I usually date guys who are 1-5 years older than me... they have been in more relationships than their younger counterparts, and while they ARE still in their 20s (a bad decade for men, I must say), they are more apt to date women for their beautiful personalities, because they realize that all beauty fades over time, and the beauty within is that which lasts forever.
But whether you want to date men for their looks or their personality, I find that I get better options when I'm not actively looking for a boyfriend. Men are attracted to confidence, so if you act like you are beautiful and you know how to compliment yourself, you won't be able to keep them off of you!
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #128  
bow chicka bow wow

Hello, hello! Holy moley you guys move quiiick so I will try and keep up.

Shrinkinglizzy: Thanks! Man did I need it. I actually had to ban myself from posting until I finished today (which I JUST did, phew, just in time for the deadling)! I tried to ban myself from reading but I couldn't make that happen.

lissa9501: Lol, the scale I used to weigh in for a challenge I joined does that too! If I leaned to the right my weight went up, if I shifted to the left my weight went down (tempting, tempting!). It was the only scale available though so as Tim would say, "make it work!"

Jelbb: First of all, cuuute pic! Secondly (well, I said first so I had to have a second) haha that was totally how I spent yesterday. SO unproductive and then I was forced into a panicky state all of today. Funny you should mention posting a picture because I tried a few days ago in the recent purchases thread but I didn't have enough posts yet.

That is the dress I ordered only to be sent the wrong thing. And this:

Was going to be my consolation prize (haha) but then I got out bid!

So far I haven't been able to find something close to the green but I keep crossing my fingers! As for the second one, I contacted the seller to see if they had anymore. Fingers crossed!

Someone mentioned something about tall dark boys and I was going to chime in with my love for all things Brasilian but I can't seem to find the post OR remember what I was going to say. My brain is so fried. I'm going to get up and stretch my legs, I've been at a computer typing far too long now.

edit: Nevermind, i still don't have enough posts for pictures.
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote