Old 01-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #16  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone...

Thanks for all the confidence with the chinese food incident this weeked. I have been drinking lots of water to flush all that sodium out so hopefully next Monday will be much better.

leanmoomercows - I hate going to the doctor for that too, but it is something that every woman has to do. I just try to grin and bear it so to speak and it will be over in no time...good luck!

jelbb - I am sorry that had to happen - in the middle of class no less. I had that happen to me at work once and it was not good. Those are some interesting looking "chairs"...they sure don't look very comfy either. I have noticed that you are an almond girl...I am the same way, but with sunflower seeds. I love them, but oh the calories. I do allow myself some just about everyday, but put them in my salad now so that they stretch a little further. I have seen the sliced almonds over in by the produce section where I get my sunflower seeds. Maybe try adding some of them to a salad for a nice treat. Then you get your almond flavor and some veggie too. Just a thought...

bodyTOObootylicious - graet job getting back on track after the RPBC incident. You need a little treat once in a while and you could have made a lot worse selection. Good luck with that new phone. It has taken me months to figure out this blackberry and my 9 year old son had to show me how to use some of the features.

irishkatt - I love weddings and I agree with the others - don't deprive yourself - that is a recipe for disaster. Just eat lighter that day at other meals and then enjoy the dinner/cake/wine...then burn off all those calories by dancing the night away at the reception with a cute male guest of your choice if your single or with your signifigant other if you are taken.

jana - Yeah for being lower than you thought...that is always a GREAT feeling! How is the new plan going?

remember - I am so sorry that you are sick again. That just makes everything else crappy when you don't feel good. I hope that you get to feeling better soon and 170 - YEAH!!

suitejudy - 4lbs..that is awesome!!

sharron616 - you are one motivated lady...I am jealous. How is the carb watching going?

bikini dreader - planning is a great way to monitor your food. I post mine every morning in the weekly planning thread and it seems to help me...good luck!

misschris - .5lb loss is exciting...especially if your eating was off. Good job!

I had better get to work. I hope that everyone has a great day!

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 01-15-2008 at 10:10 AM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #17  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey all!

Sorry I missed out yesterday. I was being incredibly lazy.

misschris - Hey .5lbs is not shabby. Good job. And good job on thinking of some ways to get that bigger loss that you want.

bikini - Hope tha weigh in went well for you!

suitejudy - Nice loss!!! Woot woot!!! And congratulations for your sister. I wouldn't have been able to resist having some chocolate zuchinni bread either. Hmmmm. Sounds sooo good.

jana - YAY! It's so awesome when it's just a bit lower than you expect isn't it?

Remember - Congrats on getting back down to 170!!! I hope you feel better soon.

irishkatt - Congrats on the 1lbs loss, whatever the reason.

booty - I know the feeling. It's sad when a friend leaves and you feel all alone. OH lala, new phone! What does it look like? Good like getting it to work, I still can't figure out texting short cuts so it takes me forever to type even a small greeting...

jelbb - Oh man! I'm so sorry about your jeans! It's so depressing but do try to use it as motivation. Back in grade 12, when I first began gaining weight I was at a speed skating competition, and I was warming up before my race, doing squats and stuff. I was wearing an old pair of pj pants that I had made (they were my favorite!) and I went down into a squat and rrrriiiiippppppp there went my pants right up the ***. Fortunately I had my speed skating suite underneath so it wasn't like I gave everyone a nice view of my bare *** or anything. Still it was embarrasing because it was totally because I'd been gaining weight.

leanmoremoo - Good luck with the pap smear.

As for me: I am so SORE ladies. I had this outdoor bootcamp yesterday. OMG I woke up this morning at like 3 in the morning and my butt, arms, shoulders, and even stomach are all fricking sore. It's worth it though, 'cause I'm obviously getting a workout.

My life feels so boring right now. It's just so... normal, nothing new. Ugh. I hate that I want some excitment. I want a fling or something. That's all. I have all the friends I want, but I'd like some sort of boy to have some fun with. Hopefully I'll meet a boy or two soon. Something exciting happen please!!!!

Psssh. Alright have to go and get ready for my day. I have a busy one here, with a study group and speed skating.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #18  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the advice everyone...Ive never been on for denying myself stuff so I think I did basically what you were saying. Had soup, half my main and half my dessert and was surprised to find I was full and didnt want any of the cheese board (**** just froze over!) although I did OD on the bread. Will just ahve to remember this farmula works as have two more wedding in the next couple of months. One of which is in Madrid...which I have never been to, and its gonna be full of yummy food. Hmmmm.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #19  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Booty:
Oh yeah, Atkins is totally not good for you. Granted, my meals tended to be like... eggs for breakfast, cheesesticks and pepperettes for a snack then veggies and hamburger (no bun, obviously) mixed up with tomato sauce for lunch/dinner. So I could have been WORSE I think... but still obviously pretty unhealthy.

Leanmoomercows:
Yeah, when I'm trying to work so hard at losing weight, it's really not too encouraging to have a favourite pair of jeans die on me!
Hope the OBGYN appointment went okay. Those are never fun, but at least it's probably over with by now!

Lovinlife:
See, want to know the worst thing?? I'm not even really that big into almonds!! I loooove nuts, but I love the much more fattening ones. >.<
Macadamia nuts or cashews, yum!! I think moreso when I started eating the almonds I had it was the salt that kept me chowing down on them (I know, sodium, bad Jess!!) ... It's a good thing I got rid of 'em!
And yeah, those chairs-- "donkeys" are SO not comfortable. I always shove mine up against a wall so I can lean against it. If it wasn't a THREE HOUR class it probably wouldn't be so bad, but... I can only sit up straight while holding a drawing board on my lap and concentrating on drawing for so long...!

Cats Tongue:
Thanks, yeah, the pant thing did give me some motivation. My thighs have been touching since I was about 12. My mother and I have pretty much the exact same body, and she's always been pretty big--- until recently when she lost about 65 lbs, and her thighs no longer touch! Which makes me super pumped, because I KNOW that if I can work myself down to her size, I'll have the same body-- minus having had two kids! Yaaaay!
And that SUCKS about the PJ pants. No one really noticed the rip in my thigh (my thighs touch, it's almost a form of camouflage...) but a rip in the *** would've been unfortunately noticeable in that class.

irishkat:
Yay for it going well! Yeah, bread can be hard to avoid, but they can add on a lot of unnecessary carbs, so avoid 'em when you can. (I can't REALLY talk, I love me a nice fresh baked roll! :P) Have fun at all those other weddings, too!!

My Update:

Went to the gym this morning. Had a VERY I-don't-want-to-be-here type day, but I still did 30 minutes of cardio and the weight circuit. The entire time I was HORRIBLY self conscious, because I forgot to bring socks with me-- d'oh!! But I figured a lack of socks was a poor excuse to not work out.

Going strong on my 4th day of not having weighed myself. I didn't really feel like I had as much of a muffin-top in the pair of jeans that I usually wear today, maybe as a result of a healthier diet, my water weight and bloating is going down? I'm really excited to see how much I've lost when I get my scale back and weigh myself on Thursday.

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-15-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #20  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK... I suck! I am not staying regular and this site really helped me to stay on track. I am at work and don't have time to read all the posts, but I promise I will tonight. I just need to post and stay on track and less sporadic. I have lost since my last post... just not a lot b/c I am being a little too lax lately. I am doing much better than in the past... and if I goof on the weekend, I get back on track. So--YAY! But, I've goofed a lot since the holidays.... all I want to do when I get home from work anymore is go to bed... Hopefully, my laziness lifts. I started eating the 5 belly fat fighting foods listed in prevention... (limitted amts). I've noticed I've been more full!

I have one more happy note and I will stop rambling: I had the school nurse measure me... (we started a loser club at the beginning of Oct.) since then, I've lost 9.5 inches! 3.5 from my bust, 4 from my waist, and 2 from my thighs and butt!!!! I am pumped!!! I think that just motivated me to get back on track big time!!!

Anyhow, so sorry for the random ramble! Have a great week! See you more often, with less rambling!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Good afternoon, everyone! So far, it's been a very dull and boring week. Yesterday, I went to the gym but only did the treadmill for 25 minutes and my feet were killing me. I've decided I'm not doing that anymore. I didn't get to workout today because my son had already been in Child Watch for 2 hours while I worked. I'm going to have to start taking him with me to set up equipment instead of letting him play in the nursery. I did on the scale this morning (yes, I cheated) and I had a loss though. I REALLY have to hide that thing so I don't step on it before weigh-in day. So, anyway, I guess I'm going to do my pilates dvd today. She always kicks my butt though. I don't know. Hope everyone has a great day!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #22  
doinTHEbestIcan

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Ok so the scale was higher than i wanted it to be but i've got on a shirt that is loose aroung my belly where it used to be a bit tight. so i guess in a way it's a nsv!! hahaha...finally.

i have been doing my crunches so i guess they are starting to pay off. my plan is going good i have yet to stray but it's easier to stick to it b/c i made it myself. i'm done with the scale for right now because i look smaller to myself in the mirror so i'm going to feel good with dat.

jelbb - congrats on the scale girl...i know its hard...

cats - omg girl...i really wish we lived closer to each other...i feel the exact same way...it's like okay get up go to work...get off...go back to work...get off...go to bed...do it all over 2morrow...i need a new boy toy...now dat i finally got everything else in my life in order i'm soooo incrdbly bored it's saddddd...

Have a Great Day Ladies!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #23  

Jana: Congrats on the shirt fitting loser! I need to start doing some crunches. And Good Job for staying on plan!

hope2loseit4good: Congrats on the lost inches! That's AWESOME!

Jelbb: I hate those days when I feel like that. I have them every now and then. I think I'm going to start changing stuff up and doing a class on Fridays...if I'm able to.

irishkatt: Yay for not going overboard at the wedding!! See, it's not that hard...it just takes will power.

Cats tongue: I know what you mean about your life being boring. It's the same old stuff everyday for me...and I'm married. So, even having a man in your life is sometimes not that exciting...haha. I mean, don't take me wrong, I love him with all my heart and we have a good time together, but still sometimes every day life gets in the way and it gets boring. I think I'm going to try to learn something new...like how to knit or paint or something...i dunno.

lovinlifex2: Chinese food STILL sounds good, though...haha!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #24  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! I feel like I'm starting late, but my "week" is Tuesday-Saturday bc of my funny work hours/days. I drove back from seeing my bf this weekend in time to get in a little cardio. He tries so hard to help encourage me, but I can tell its hard for him sometimes. Eating whatever he wants and keeping a six-pack means he hasn't thought about whats healthy in .. well, ever. Last night I had a mini-break down after we looked up the nutrition values of dinner. I had a veggie pita from McAlisters and soup and it was about 700 calories! I started tearing up because I thought I was doing well. I'm sure he thinks I'm insane sometimes.

But here I am back on track. And the lesson, tada! is that its better to look up calories of foods BEFORE you eat them, rather than after.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, which I'm only excited about if I've lossed. Being off-schedule this weekend makes me nervous, but I know that eating better and working out is making me feel and look better already, so regardless of what the scale says, I'm not going to be discouraged. Thats my mantra

lovin- Oh a buffet and a chinese buffet no less. Good for you for being honest AND for keeping it in perspective.

Christine- Your positive attitude is really inspiring! And, way to go with .5 lbs! I mean if you an lose that with some slip ups, just think what you can do when you stay on plan.

Bikini - I know how you feel about the scale. But jump on there and get it over with. If its bad, at least you can use it for motivation and as a reminded to stay on track.

Sharron- Sounds like you've got some good things planned for working out.

Jelb- I like your plan of giving things away you aren't supposed to have, at least for now. I do that too! I took all the food I don't want to eat to my boyfriends this weekend since he never has any groceries around. And, don't beat yourself up too badly for the almonds. It's still probably better to eat too much of a healthy food than too much of an unhealthy one. And I bet your guilt will keep you away from over indulging in the future?
And, almost all of my pants are worn in the chub-rub area. But only on the left side, I'm not sure why though since I'm pretty sure each leg is equally chubrubby. Don't let it get you down! That kind of stuff happens to everyone.

Cats tongue - I'm so jealous about the outdoor bootcamp! (does that make me a fitness nerd yet?)

Suite- Woohoo @ your loss! And, I've never heard of such a thing as zucchini-chocolate bread. There was a study out a couple months ago about how it was ok for some women to lose some weight while they were pregnant, if they were overweight to begin with. I'm not really suggesting that, but you and your sister could probably still motivate each other to eat healthy even if she isn't trying to lose?

Remembering - Hope you start feeling better soon!

Jana - You're tougher than I am to voluntarily get on a stability ball. I only do them in class, but I either roll off or get horrible cramps in my back when I stay on them for very long doing crunches. I'm probably doing something wrong?

IrishKatt- Congrats on the surprise weight loss!

Bootylicious - Ugh, going back to school must be really hard when you're gonna have to deal with the ex-situation. At least you have a few more weeks to find some other things to think about and occupy your time with though, right?

Last edited by WastedThermos; 01-15-2008 at 03:39 PM.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Wow it’s intimidatingly busy but here I go:

Lovin – I think everyone’s covered the Chinese food thing. But I hope that's worked out for you!!

Chris – Hear you about the disappointment, but at least no gain!! How’s the walking going?

Bikini – How’d the weigh in go? And the food planning? I know what you mean about feeling guilty writing it down after you eat it. And guilt isn’t the best diet tool.

Sharron – You sound like you’re working hard!!

Jelbb – You know, I sleep in most days!! I am a daily weigher, too…but I’m ok with that! OH I just read your pants post – I’m so sorry that happened!! How embarrassing! But kinda funny? You seem to have a good sense of humor, so I hope it’s coming in handy right about now. Just read your latest (I think) post – I did the same thing about the socks, almost gave up and left but stayed and stank up my feet pretty bad. I hate not wearing socks. I’m really excited for your next weigh in, too!!

SuiteJudy – WHOA you’re doing great!! Even despite the zucchini bread that grew legs and marched down your throat while you desperately tried to escape its evil, caloric clutches!! And congrats on the new niece/nephew!

Remember – ugh that sounds like a terrible cold. Hope you’re feeling better!

Jusj – Good for you – scale surprises are always fun! Well, not always, but they are when they show a loss! OK just read the second post – great NSV! And, um, I guess you have a major love/hate with the scale? We support you if you’re weighing or not!

Irish – have fun at the weddings…

Booty – I have been posting incessantly about my upcoming heartbreak (see below), so please, please post about yours!! Oof and you just reminded me how much I used to love PB Capn Crunch..mmm….

LeanMoo
– Hope the gyno went OK. Never fun, but needs to be done, right?

Cat – 3 AM???? WHAT EXERCISE CANNOT BE DONE AFTER 9 AM?? Phew that is some motivation, girl. 3 am!
Good luck with the fling finding. Just be picky.

Hope2Lose – Way to go on the inches lost – that is a lot!!

Sgregg – nice on the loss. I bet having kiddies makes it so much harder to find time to exercise…um, way to state the obvious, right?

Wasted – aw I’m sorry you felt so frustrated last night. LOL on your lesson learned, though. I’ve been in that boat, too (600 cals for a bowl from Chipotle Grill – I thought it was just chicken and rice!! How do the sneak those calories in??) AND LOL on your pants being unequally rubbed – weird. I hope you meant those things to be funny...

Phew. I think that’s all.
As for me, I’m still struggling big time with my relationship, and how to balance the practical considerations of breaking up with my boyfriend with the emotional considerations. Sigh. However, I did manage to drop two lbs this week (thanks to my stomach being full of knotted butterflies), and been decent with the alcohol, which is HUGE considering I generally want to run screaming from my house and alcohol would likely help dull that sensation.
ANYWAY, I hope you all are doing well, and I hope I can keep up better with the posting! My laptop is in the fritz so getting online means finagling with the cord so that it’ll stay in place, a challenge made all the more difficult by my kitten’s desire to bat at said cord.
--S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #26  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

hope2loseit4good:
Wow, look at all of those inches!! That's so fabulous! Even if you haven't been totally hardcore perfect with your diet and weight loss lately, at least you haven't completely fallen off the wagon. That's what you've gotta watch out for. Congrats again!

Shauna:
As adorable as your cute little boy is, it must be rough trying to get everything done AND take care of him/find someone else to for an hour or two! You're superwoman! I have enough trouble taking care of myself! Hope you're able to take that Friday class.

Lizzie:
Yeah, I think giving away all that junk to your bf was probably a good call. It's a lot easier just... to NOT have it there, eh? Means it's not there when you're having that moment of weakness!
And... heehee, chub-rub area. Lovely. That's a nice mental image. And yeah, mine seems to be usually on the left side as well. D'you think it's the way we walk or something...? Dominant leg maybe...?

Shrinkin' Lizzzzzzz:
Hey, if I COULD sleep in every day, I wouldn't wake up until 2 pm. This... getting up before 10 am thing is killing me since I can never sleep before 3 am...!
And yeah. The pants thing was pretty suckage, but as far as I know, no one noticed! Thankfully, my good sense of humour pulls me through for the most part... though I am SO easily embarrassed, lol. My pedometer has an alarm on it that goes off if it falls off of your belt, and it EMBARRASSES THE CRAP out of me because it's unnecessarily loud!
And the sock thing is like.. the worst thing ever. I hate not having them on, especially when I'm working out. The only shoes I wear without socks are my Emus... like uggs. Because they're all furry-lined and socks just slip off into the toe when I wear them anyhow... and OF COURSE that's what I wore to the gym and just brought my runners along with--- stupid Jess...
Also, I hope your relationship stuff works out. I know how stressful that jazz can be, so. Fingers crossed that you're doing better in the very near future. And yay for lower alcohol intake, because that stuff is DEADLY calories-wise.

My Update:
*shutting the **** up, since I'm probably the REASON this thread is getting so long*

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-15-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #27  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone... not too much to report here... I did overeat yesterday because I had some beers (lite) and as usual this led to me snack. Duh, duh, DUH! I know this happens when I drink, so I am def staying away from that for a loooong while. Luckily the damage is not the kind that can't be undone by cutting cals for the rest of the week... so that is what I'm doing. Yes, I wanted to NOT overeat this week, but I screwed up. Today was a new day and next week is a new week to start with no binging... and that doesn't mean I get to binge any other time this week either!

As you might be able to tell by my sig, my walking is going really well. I can't believe I'm still motivated to go because usually I would have lost interest long ago. Somehow I am not getting bored or tired of this walking thing! And I'm on schedule to majorly surpass my goal... guess I'll have to be a bit more challenging next month!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #28  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

OH MAN I am in such a snacky mood. I just ate dinner so I'm not hungry at all, but even with my nighttime snack factored in I still have 200 cals extra to spend. I don't have to, but I could. UGHHH my mouth is just watering bigtime!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris531 View Post
OH MAN I am in such a snacky mood. I just ate dinner so I'm not hungry at all, but even with my nighttime snack factored in I still have 200 cals extra to spend. I don't have to, but I could. UGHHH my mouth is just watering bigtime!
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I do the same thing and I've been trying to stop.

And this is something I figured out I could do with working out and having Clay in Child Watch... I talked to one of the girls that works with me tomorrow night and I think I'm going to go ahead and come in at 4:30, but there is this new class called Cross Train on Wednesday nights at 6:00 and I think I'm just going to leave for the class and come back and work afterwards. I'm pumped thinking about it. I'm kinda scared though...I've never been to a fitness class before and I'm kinda intimidated, but I know if I go ahead and get in there, I will be fine.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #30  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

shrinking - Most of what I say is meant to be funny, especially when its about crazy things I do. So, feel free to laugh. Good job on limiting the alcohol. It's sooo tempting to dull the pain of breaking up with booze. I'm a shining example of that over and over, but there is something about drinking while I'm breaking up with someone that makes me want to a) call them and talk about why I don't like them or b) call them and talk about why I like them. And neither is very effective.

Jelb - You have a point, it could be a walking thing. I think i just take forgranted now that I will wear all my of pants until they have holes there. That's probably not normal, huh?

Christine- There are soooo many good reasons not to drink when you`re trying to lose weight (increased hunger, slowed metabolism) and especially that snacking one. I had some kind of raspberry-lemonade concoction yesterday against my better judgement and it definitely led to snacking. Rarrr, very frustrating I know. You are doing a great job with walking!!

Shauna- Don't be afraid of fitness classes! Well, its hard for me to tell you that since I used to be afraid too. It was a big deal for me to feel comfortable working out around other people, but now I'm in love with it. They are so fun, and go by so much quicker than just normal cardio. I think a common fear is that people are going to be looking at you, or you won't be able to catch up. (I don't know if thats what you're afraid of, but thats what I was.) Most instructors offer variations, so you`re never totally unable to do something. And, also, nobody really looks at other people in the class is what I've noticed. That may not be true 100% of the time, but I know I'm usually too focused watching the instructor and myself in the mirror to look at other people, much less judge them. *end rant* I hope you like it as much as I do!!

I'm in the middle of my work-night. One of the perks of working 3-midnight means that my prime over-eating hours are booked. Eating 5-6 smaller meals a day means I have to bring most of my meals, which is fine with me. It's easier to plan that way, but I'm sure my coworkers wonder why I'm eating all the time.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote