Old 12-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat Dec 10 - Dec 16

Hello ladies,

I’m still totally stressed but in less then 36 hours I will be done with both of my major exams. I can’t wait then I can exactually go back to having a life and hopefully I will just generally feel better because right now my body kindof hates me.

Oh one good note down another pound this weekend which is amazing for it being finals.

How is everyone else doing? How did your weekends going?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning

My weekend wasn't awful, though it wasn't fantastic either. Lost another lb today so I must not have been too hard on myself. Mostly sat around, watched a couple of French movies, wrote my Christmas cards (finally!)...

Hey, RememberHowtoSmile -- you're only 1 lb away from your mini goal! Awesome!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #3  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

My weekend was great...even though I didn't do anything but work...I started SBD on Sat and have been on-plan since...this morning is a little rough though because my usual cup of coffee has Splenda in it which I'm not a big fan of...the scale is still stuck at 195...I actually got a 194 reading Sat morning but it went back up to 195 Sun morning...no stress as long as I continue to eat right it's bound to go down sooner or later...

remember - girl we've missed you in here...it's nice to see you back...good luck on your finals...

suitejudy - congrats on your 1lb lost...

Have a nice day everyone!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Hello Everyone,
Im joining in the chat this week. I just started a new job from home. I'm a bit worried about being home this much but I hope to get to the gym most days and have a few other courses and volunteering to keep me busy! Hope everyone has a good week. Good work for those of you staying on your plan!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #5  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

My weekend was really "chill" (relaxing). Not much going on. Although I sort of ate like a little piggy on Fri. but I worked my but off not to gain anything.

Remember - Finals week can be hard. My school is on a trimester system so we had finals about 3 weeks ago. Funny enough that was my first finals week "dieting" and exercising and it went pretty well. Good luck with your finals!

Judy - Congrats on losing a pound! :d

Jana - Great going with starting SBD again. Hang in there!

Bikini dreader - Oh what I would give to work from home. Just make it a priority to get to the gym and you'll be fine.

Have a great day ladies!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #6  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies...I hope that everyones Monday is going well.

My weekend was very cold and icy so me and the kidos were stuck in doors. We were so bored that we rearranged the kids bedrooms with each child helping with there own room. Both of their rooms needed a good cleaning and I like to do that at Christmas time anyways. That way you can clean out the toy boxes and throw away all the broken stuff to make room for all the new toys they will get. That took us from about 10 to 5, but it kept both of the kids busy and they were happy with there new rooms.

Other than that not much going on. Was down another -2.6 lbs this week so I am happy camper.

remember - hang in there..your finals are almost over and woohoo on the 1lb loss.

suitejudy - I finished up my cards this weekend too. It seems like it takes me longer and longer to get them out every year.

jana - you are right...if you keep at it then it will come off. Good luck on the SBD and let us know how it goes for you.

bikini dreader - I understand your worries about working from home. I would feel the same way, but it sounds like you have a great plan in place...good luck!

We are getting blasted with ice and snow here in Kansas and they are calling for another 2 inches of ice tonight and to be prepared for power outages etc. So just in case I am MIA for a couple days...I will be back!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Hey everyone

remember congrats on the 1lbs gone. You're so close to your mini goal now.

suitejudy Congrats on the loss as well!

Jana Awesome attitude. And you're totally right, the scale will budge soon enough for you.

bikinidreader good luck with working from home... You'll do fine as long as you keep busy. I know that used to be my biggest worry; being home with nothing to do.

lovinglife Congrats on the 2.6lbs gone!!! Nice work.

Kim Chill weekends are always nice.

So I'm trying to keep busy and work on all my sewing projects. Ha. Should go well. Fingers crossed I'll get them all done. Plus I have some studying to do later and what not.

I know I'll be busy here for the next week and a half (the time I have between now and my next exam.) but I'm really worried about being lonely. See my roommate will be leaving on Sat: she's done on friday with exams. I just always dread being totally alone. And I know I should do work and what not, I just feel like such a total loser that I don't have more friends. it's not like I want to be "popular" or anything... I just feel like if people (some of my friends) knew how few friends I had, they would think I'm pathetic and sad. Ugh. That's such a huge hang up for me, having people think I'm sad and pathetic. Also annoying, I always think I annoy people, which is why I sometimes have problems asking people to hang out; I think I'll just be annoying them.

Alright, sorry about the silly rant. Just needed to get that off my chest I guess. :S Oh the things that bother us.

Anyway hope all your mondays go well. mine's shaping up to be pretty good here.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 161/161/135

Height: 5'6"

My weekend was up and down, overcome some really big food challenges and sucome to others. But asides from that, I feel you on the finals crunch (I just finished mine last week and can't tell you how great it feels - don't worry, you're almost there!) Anyway, this is a new week, right ladies? So I will try to carry my accomplishments into this week and let my failures stay in last week. I can't wait to get going on my plans for this week: 10 miles and 3 firm videos total, plus staying on plan with weight watchers. Good luck to us all,I know we'll need it in the upcoming holidays
summersunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 PM   #9  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello all. Happy monday... hehe.

My weekend was ok, I missed a day elipticaling last weekend, but I guess a day here or there will be missed due to life getting in the way.

This week I start with 3 15 min days and 2 30 min days. Tuesday will be my first 30 min day. I'm excited. I'm hoping to god that when I go to the docs to get weighed in that I'm at LEAST down to 250. I have no clue how much I weigh, don't own a scale and I like it this way, but the suspence is killing me! :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Everyone
I'm new here but figured I would join in because you ladies have already been wonderfully inspirational to me! Looking at all your tickers... jeez! You guys rock!

Cats Tongue- I can totally relate! After I graduated college, got married, and moved, I've found that my friend list has dropped down to oh.. pretty close to nothing. And it sucks. I also live more than 6 hours away from my closest friends. But, I've used it as an excuse to spend more time with me. Shopping by myself has become one of my favorite hobbies, though I'll never admit it to my "friend snobs".

My weekend was pretty good. Considering I'm still sort of pulling myself back into the wagon, my food choices weren't too terrible. But, there was room for improvement. I finished my finals last week and so I spend most of the weekend makign up missed hours at work and napping. I did set up the mini trampline so that I can bounce while I watch TV. We got a foot of snow or so and so it's too cold to walk outside. But, I'm not going to let that stop me from making progress!
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey all!
I've been away for a while but only because of technical difficulties, and time crunches.
Finals are KILLING ME and I can't wait to be done!! Funny how I look forward to Wed night and at the same time I wish it were a week away so I could have more time to get my paper done. Oh well.
On top of that, I just came back from a weekend at my parents', eating badly and drinking lots of wine. Tomorrow is a weigh in day so we shall see what kind of damage I've done.
It looks like you all are doing pretty well and the motivation is great!! Hope to be posting more, especially posting about all my pounds lost!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5'9

For everyone that's taking finals, I feel your pain and Good Luck to all of you! I've taken one already and have 3 more, including a killer Organic Chemistry exam on Weds. I'll be able to get back to more of a routine after that. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me as well and I'm afraid to step on the scale, I haven't been eating too terribly, my problem is that I mostly don't eat enough and with studying I have a hard time getting to the gym. So we'll see, its a pretty stressful time I guess, but I'd really like to get to One-derland by New Years. I'll be happy if I don't have a gain.

I hope everyone has a good week!
Vicque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #13  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!!!

yesterday was a good day, even though i ended it with a massive migraine which i hope do not rear it ugly head again today. TOM will be here on thursday so it's normal.

eating was right on plan, but still holding on at 195. i finally changed my ticker. i've been avioding it for months but it's done now.

southlake - welcome and good luck...i've got a mini tramp and it's awesome...

slisette - hang in there hun...it's almost over...good luck on the one your have left...

cats - i feel the same way...i thinks that's the reason i work so much because when i am off of work, which is only a few nights a week and i end up at home alone, i alwayz blow it off as well this is the only time i get to be alone anyway so i'm going to enjoy it...i have some friends but they all have lives so we get together when we can...

Have a great day!!!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 12-11-2007 at 10:09 AM.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

It's funny to hear all you guys complaining about finals... I have the world's most ridiculous final on Thursday. It's a joke. I was taking this publishing class and our final project was basically to edit and publish a book... and our final is a half-hour roundtable discussion and presentation of our projects. Such a change from last year when I had REAL exams like you guys are having! Good luck everyone!

I can't stop reading/writing/thinking about nutrition/health/weight loss. It's driving me crazy. I guess it means I'm focused, which is good, but seriously... I started a blog so I could vent out all of my thoughts whenever I needed to. Which has been frequently. I'm barely getting any work done! I guess the real up side is that I'm learning all sorts of neat things, and finding all sorts of yummy, healthy recipes to try (I love to cook). I guess my next task should be to read about fitness/exercise so I can focus on that and actually manage to exercise for once in my life.... that's one thing I still haven't managed to get back to, even though I really want to. Having huge motivational problems there.

Have a good day everybody!

jana - sorry to hear about the migraine, those things suck! hopefully your weight will start to reflect all your hard work soon, i imagine impending TOM isn't helping.

vicque - good luck on the weigh in! and good luck with finals!

sonja - can't wait for you to come back and report a loss! we look forward to hearing about it!!

southlake - a mini trampoline sounds fun! That'd be an awesome way to get some exercise in while watching TV. I live in a basement with relatively low ceilings so I better not try just yet welcome to the chat thread!

lottie - I've been seeing you around the forums and was reading some of your blog yesterday, I'm getting anxious for your dr. appt too! I'm sure you'll be pleased, it looks like you've been right on track.

lovinlifex2 - i love rearranging furniture and cleaning everything out. I always feel so accomplished afterwards. and it was my favorite thing to do when I was a kid... felt like I had moved if I could rearrange my room. You know all that labor counts as exercise!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #15  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

thanks so much you guys!!! I started to feel better last night when I was super productive, but coming on here and having you all give me some support made me feel so much better! Thanks.

southlake Hello!!! Welcome!!! Are you new to 3FC? Mini trampolines are awesome, I remember playing on my mom's when i was a little kid. So much fun!!! Haha, you'll get in a workout and sort of relive being a kid and hoping around.

slisette Good luck on that paper, and with the time crunches and whatnot!

Vicque ORGANIC CHEMISTRY!!!! Ew! That was my first exam on saturday night. hahaha. Good luck! Hope you know it better than I did. Get on that scale girl, I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck.

jana Good on you for finally changing your ticker. It's so hard to do when it's a gain isn't it? But I have to say, you might not be losing, but at least you are mainting during one of the toughest weight loss seasons around! December is a hard month to lose during...

suitejudy That sounds like one of the absolute best projects ever! I'm the complete reverse of you; I started out in fine arts where writing final projects and english exams were the end of term for me.... I'm now in sciences with actual finals, it's ridiculous! It's the only time of year I'm like why did I do this???

Hmmm. So I want to get so much done today it's not even funny. And I know I can get it all in. I've been so productive this month, it's really good. I know it's partly to keep from being lonely, but better to be busy then eating away my loneliness right?

Thanks again everyone! good luck on finals and such.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote