Old 11-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #31  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

i found a jazzercise class close to home and can't wait to go! it's going to be thursdays at 4:30pm that will be the only day i'll be able to make it because i have to work the other days of the week. but i am toooooo excited now and can't wait to go!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #32  

Height: 5'9"

Cat's - Training in my building here at work starts on Monday. The building is 51 flights so we run it twice to train. The Hancock is 94 flights. But, I'll only run it once for the first month and then start running it twice closer to the date of the event. You really have to work your way up for this event. For now, I've been doing the stair climber at the gym. I can do over 94 flights on the machine, but it's taking me just under 30 minutes to do it. I want to run the Hancock's 94 flights in under 20 minutes.

Your tagline about being just a little squishy makes me think of World of Warcraft. All of the caster's are referred to as squishy because they wear cloth armor. Is that coincidence, or do you play? I used to play but quit because it was making me fat, haha.

Jana - Good job on finding the class! I hope you love it.

Last edited by Amberelise; 11-07-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm not really sure what happened yesterday, but i never got around to trying that workout. lol. I did schedule an hour at the gym today at 3 though. I have to beat this feeling of wanting to stay curled up on my couch amongst my blankets. I also need to go grocery shopping again. Or just use up what I do have. I ate the last of my turkey chili today. It was really good. Guess I'll make some more after going to the store.
Ok, going by Amberelise's suggestion, I'm going to put on my workout clothes 2 hours early. I'm sure i'll be back on here later tonight!
I really miss the encouragement from this forum. I have to start making time in the mornings again to post. bye bye for now
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Jana - I am SO jealous! I TOTALLY want to Jazzercise!!! I'm sorry about the pregnant sister thing. I kinda know how you feel. I've been blessed with an amazing daughter, but I desperately want another one... DBF says it's not yet time. I understand.. we're just getting on our feet - he's going to college.. so on and so on - doesn't make the desire any less! And it sucks when my friends all around me are having babies!!! Grr

On a lighter note - today things are going good. I *accidently* stpped on the scale 2 days before offically weekly weigh in and I'm down #3.5 from last week. I won't count it offical until Friday's weigh in though... but I have to say it put a HUGE smile on my face!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #35  

Height: 5'5"

hey all - well i had a weird thing happen at the gym yesterday... went did 20 mins on the eliptical then started my weights stretching routine and i felt so weird. like it was too much energy to even MOVE much less lift weights. I took it really slow and did a few but I was worried I was going to pass out or something. Its so weird. that rarely happens to me and when it does its normally because i get minorly hypoglycemic (sprell?) when i dont eat for long periods of time. BUT yesterday I ate a full lunch including a whole wheat tortilla quesidilla with two string cheese melted in it -- and a whole cucumber sliced with salt. So i know it wasnt my electrolytes because i had plenty of salt and water. I know i got enough protien at lunch. and i know i got complex carbs which should have made for extended energy.

anyways it was weird. i wonder if i waw just tired because its that TOM and id worked out the day before and then two days before that.

it scared me a little i didnt want to make a scene in the school gym.

anyway i feel great today.

remember- i know what you mean about making extra! i just made some yummy penne pasta with a cream sauce (yes you read that right) and spinach. i figured it out so that when i divided the whole batch by 6 there were 400 cals per serving. i brought one today for work and there was SO Much! im scared i did the math wrong and that i just ate 10,000 calories. i might re check it tonight. anyways i have some for dinner if i feel like it, and chicken breast and then some for lunch for the next few days. and th4e pasta cream sause really feels like a treat!

good job to all the losers! my scale is broken (out of bats) so i have no idea where i am.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Today’s gone good. I just finished my pasta leftovers. They tasted just as good the second day as they did the first day. I had a kindof rough day today because eventhough I ate what should be enough calories I was still really hungry when I got to work. I’m hoping that it passes and I don’t get really hungry again. Like others I’m starting to running really low on groceries and need to go to the store so I can stock up on healthy food.

Hope2 – Can you post the recipe for your feta chicken?

Lovin – It’s never too late to go to school

Jana – It’s funny that you said you were upset by you wanting to be the next grandchild because my parents have 4 kids and my brother is the only one with a kid, my mom started bugging us girls about having a kid and then we were so excited about my SIL getting pregnant again because it got her to stop bugging us. And good job finding a jazzercise class.

Amber – I hate not being able to figure out food on fitday. It is my least favorite part of eating out. Wow running up 94 flights of stairs that is crazy!

Cat – Good job on preplanning on bring your lunch. I always find it best to bring lunch with me to school.

Happy – Did you get to the gym today?

Envygirl – Don’t feel bad about stepping on the scale. I do it every day, but Saturday is my weigh in day and that is the only day that I change my ticker.

Freddy – I totally know what you mean about cooking things and then tasting them and thinking that they are way more calories. I’ve actually gotten pretty good at cooking low fat, healthy food (eventhough I tell everyone that I can’t cook), and when people try it they say first that I can cook and second how the heck is it healthy.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #37  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

amber -wow! 94 flights. That will be crazy. Good luck. I just recently found out I can do the library stairs (three flights) 2 at a time and be barely out of breath. Shows me how much more in shape I am this year. And I don't play World of Warcraft. Although I saw it this summer (my brother plays it) and it looked interesting. I can't afford to be addicted to any video games. It'll make me fat and distract me from homework. (and 3FC already does that enough )

jana- hope you enjoy your jazzercise class!! Should be fun fun fun.

Freddy - 10, 000 calories. even for a really good meal that would be a crazy number! haha. That's like 2lbs worth of food! I don't think it was that bad, I bet your math was right on.
Hmmm. I used to get that sometimes at the gym, being really tired. I think it had to do with the gym's airconditioning though; it was so recycled that the lack of oxygen made me tired. Of course it was also the end of a school day back then.

Enygirl- Hope that loss stays with you!!! 3.5 would be quite a nice amount to lose in a week. Who knows maybe a little extra will join their brethren between now and friday right?

I am so tired. It wasn't a really long day or anything.... I went for a run last night and it felt great!!! I sprinted for quite a ways. Today I had math first thing and after studying for a couple hours I went for swim. The swim felt great, but I definitely didn't have the energy to get a full hour in. That reminds me, Amber, I totally know what you mean about being all dressed to go out helping you to get out! I'm the same way. Sometimes when i don't want to work out the thing bugging me is not wanting to change! Which is totally silly.

I'm finding it so hard to study lately. My mind is on... a boy . I feel so silly because it's just this crush I have on my friend. But it isn't stopping and I'll just find myself randomly thinking about him. grrrr. Well at least it's good feelings. I just need them to go away until after my midterm friday.

Hope you all had a good day. And I'm sure I'll be back later (my mind can only take in so much organic chemistry. )
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

YAY!! I did it! I went to the gym yesterday and I've already gone today! I need to lose 8 lbs in 2 weeks! Anyone have any suggestions? My only problem is that I have a bad knee because I'm overweight and there's barely any cusion in it. I'm hoping when I get down to my Christmas weight it'll get better. I've been taking Osteo Biflex and i'm waiting for it to start working.
We did lower body weight training today and my legs feel like noodles. But I actually ate well for breakfast and snack. Now if only I can make it the rest of the day like that. I know I can.

enygirl- That is so awesome!! Way to go on the loss!!

reddyfreddy- I know what you mean. I have that problem too. I always have to eat before working out because of it. I hope that doesn't slow down your progress today!

remember- Great job on doing well with the calories. I know my body doesn't think that I'm eating enough if I have overeaten a day or so before and then get back on track. Like right now I've just finished my snack and my tummy is already asking for more.

cats- Hee hee I remember being sooo distracted by guys that I liked. I love being married though. It's a lot less distracting. LOL
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #39  

cats- hehe i have that problem too. and hes not even around. sigh. but i drool just thinking about him

happymomma- ive heard good things about the ostea bioflex stuff. i hope it helps you. for minor pains you can also try an anti inflamatory like advil. but becareful because if you are in PAIN then you shouldnt be doing what youre doing. also id ask your doc, if you havent already, if there are any gym excercizes to avoid doing (ie maybe eliptical is better than stairstepper for knees?) good luck! ps if you drink diet drinks try having one to satisfy your mouth and stomach. also drink lots o water to stay full.

remember - good luck fighting the hunger bug!

as for me i skipped the gym yesterday to give my body a min to recoup if thats what it needed. i brought protien and carbs for lunch and im going to try the gym again today, eating a few almonds right before i go.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Thanks for the support everyone! I know a lot of the reason i'm losing so much is because I'm actually doing instead of just talking about doing it this time around! I've stayed faithful to my goals for a week - and I have to stick with it this time! I'm hoping that Cat's right and a little more adds itself to the loss before tomorrow morning - But I'd be just as happy if what has come off this week doesn't show back up before tomorrow at 8.

I think another big inspiration is all of you! I see your tickers, varying from #1 lost to #100+ and it proves to me that I CAN DO IT TOO!!!!

Tonight is Day one of week 2 - Slim in Six.. I'm excited! I know that I can do this!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #41  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I will be so glad when this week is over...it has been havoc here at work.

ready - I hope that you are feeling better and the gym incident doesn't happen again.

enygirl - good job with sticking to it. You will be in those size 10's in no time.

jana - congrats on finding a jazzercise class. That sounds like so much fun. Good for you for looking past things and being there for your sister. She is lucky to have you there to support her. I know it is hard when you are really ready for something in your life, but the timing isn't quite right.

amber - 94 flights...you go girl. That is awesome and sounds like such a great cause.

I had another sugar cookie incident last night. The kids were done with them and so I brought the rest to work and they were gone by 10 am...men will eat anything. I hope everyone has a great day!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #42  

Height: 5'9"

Love - I ALWAYS give away any treats that I have around the house to my co-workers. My department is nearly all men and you can bet they've got the sweet treats devoured within an hour. It used to be really hard for me to not eat sweets at work. But, now I've learned that if I can tell myself to wait an hour before having something, it's always gone by the time I cave.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #43  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Thank all you ladies for the support!!!

Yesterday was a good day. I went and spent sometime with my mother and little sister.

I'm soooo looking foward to my jazzercise class this evening. Eating has been pretty good all week with a few slips but I'm holding on strong.

You ladies have a wonderful evening.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #44  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

hello

happymomma - woo for getting to the gym! And it will get better as you lose weight, not just because you'll be carrying less around but because by that time you'll just be stronger.

lovinlife - I'm in complete agreement with Amber, giving away treats is the best way to go. especially if you are me and my roommie as we love to bake. And boys will eat anything (especially at this age as it doesn't seem to equal a gain if they eat a dozen cookies in one sitting ). But hmmm, sugar cookies are so good!

readyfreddy - This boy doesn't need to be anywhere near me to distract me. Is yours a crush or a boyfriend?

Enygirl - It does feel good to be doing something about weight instead of just thinking about it doesn't it? And when it pays off that's even better! Good job so far.

jana - It's so nice to be with family for awhile isn't it? I'm really looking forward to seeing my parents this weekend... It'll be so nice . I miss my brother though and I won't get to see him until Christmas...

Well off to study here. Hopefully...
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #45  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Feta Stuffed Chicken:
recipe ingredients
1/4 cup crumbled basil-and-tomato feta cheese
2 Tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Dash salt
1 tsp. olive oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 10-ounce package prewashed fresh spinach, trimmed (8 cups)
2 Tbsp. walnut or pecan pieces, toasted
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

recipe directions
1. In a small bowl combine feta cheese and cream cheese; set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff pockets with the cheese mixture. If necessary, secure openings with wooden toothpicks. Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.

2. In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once (reduce heat to medium if chicken browns too quickly). Remove chicken from skillet. Cover and keep warm.

3. Carefully add chicken broth to skillet. Bring to boiling; add half of the spinach. Cover and cook about 3 minutes or just until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach from skillet, reserving liquid in pan. Repeat with remaining spinach. Return all spinach to skillet. Stir in the nuts and lemon juice.

4. To serve, divide spinach mixture among 4 dinner plates. Top with chicken breasts. If desired, garnish with lemon slices.

Serves: 4 -
calories 231 if you need more info on it, the link is:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-recip...tuffed-chicken
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote