Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh yeah. Some days I look at myself and swear my tummy and arms and legs are thinner. Then other days, all I see is fat, fat and fat. I think a lot of it has to do with salt and TOM, but a good part of it in our heads!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #32  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Yessss, some days I see it, other days I see me 30 lbs. ago. However, last week in the gym something hilarious happened. The room with ellitpicals, treadmills, and crosstrainers has 3 walls full of mirrors. So I usually look around at people in the mirrors; distinguishing gym regulars and new people. So this one day after scoping out the place while on the elliptical I looked straight ahead and saw a new person. I said to myself, "who is that I've never seen her", then I looked more closely and it's ME!.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #33  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Nobody has noticed.

But to be honest, 20 lbs is just a drop in the bucket compared to the total amount of wieght that I need to lose.

I did catch a glimpse of myself *nakey* when I got out of the shower and realized that an ENTIRE fat roll had disappeared so now I only have the one big 'un left.
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #34  
Motivated Beginner

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: 5'6"

I have been getting a lot of people noticing lately. I personally don't notice a huge difference. If it weren't for my clothes magically getting very baggy I wouldn't suspect i've lost a thing but those around me insist the change is huge.
I posted pictures on facebook the other day and I have been getting e-mails from people I haven't seen in years who have noticed a change. It feels great, but I still have a ways to go!

Last edited by brittH; 10-01-2007 at 01:44 PM.
brittH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

Very much! I've gotten comments from pretty much everyone at work and in my social life. I threw a big surprise party Friday night for my sister and got about 7 comments from friends I hadn't seen in a while.
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #36  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

I've had two comments so far, on relatively little weight loss.

The first came from my best friend, who I had gone for about a week and a half without seeing because of our busy schedules. She said she noticed it in my belly area. The catch: she knows how hard I am trying, and I thought she was just saying it to be nice.

The second comment came today, from a co-worker I hardly know/barely talk to. We were at the sinks in the restroom, and she said "Have you been dieting? You look like you've lost weight!" This was really encouraging, especially since I've been a little stuck lately. Nothing like positive reinforcement!
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #37  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah my parents are quick to point out when it looks like my sister or I have gained weight (grandparents are even worse) but when I'm losing it's rare I get people commenting. I think they don't want to insult you and imply that you didn't look good before you lost weight, or that they thought you had to lose weight or anything...it's tricky. I think even in-laws would be the kind to play it safe and not say anything, so they are maybe just trying to be nice. Try your family, mine is quick to notice anything good or bad instantly and usually inappropriately comment on it!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #38  

Miles that's funny, people will comment, some I know at least, about others and me being large. Yet they won't comment on noticing the same person's weight loss. Ok, so you can say i'm big and need to get moving, but once I am making an effort and getting obvious results, nothing?

I don't expect my roommates on campus to say anything (issues). I do know a few older people that work on my campus that would say something, given they have said things in the past few years, but I haven't seen any of them.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #39  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

it seems like now my inlaws really see i've lost alot, my mother in law stated i looked like i was getting my waist back but i'd prolly never be as "little" as i was before the babies.....uh huh sure another 5 pounds and i'd be where i was before the 1st baby which was a size 14

and i realized that one of my 2 pair of jeans that i thought were still tight...nope they fall down too. i may need to knit a tighter belt lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #40  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
I went from a size 18/20 to taking 14 and even some 12's and nothing
I know the problem- the people around you are suffering from acute cataracts. This is a very serious situation. We must get them to clinical diagnosis, pronto.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #41  
melody kay

S/C/G: 345/303/130

Height: 5'3"

i want to know where i can get the dancing bunny and broccli spears. please and thank you!
melody kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #42  

Height: 5'9"

Okay, I feel really stupid posting this since I've lost a whopping six pounds, but my boyfriend's mom asked me if I lost weight. And, she has no idea that I'm trying to lose any. But, maybe she's just trying to be nice or it's a fluke. *shrug*
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #43  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

about the grandparents, where DO they get off? LOL, I was helping my Grandma the other day and she said, wow, you lost all that weight and then just put it all back on again!
Can you believe that?!?! And she encouraged me to get an office job, because teaching aerobics just wasn't a real job for a college graduate she said. Now she had the nerve to tell me I needed to go back to the classes, AHHHH, I told her I was working on it, and then cried all the way home.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Now she had the nerve to tell me I needed to go back to the classes, AHHHH, I told her I was working on it, and then cried all the way home.
Awwww, , there there!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #45  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Late last week my husband made a comment to my about looking thinner in the face how ever i chalked it up to being semi sleeping since i was leaving for work at 5:30 in the morning. but yesterday my mother in law said that i look thinner as well and that every time i have put my mind to lossing the weight i have done it. the truth is i have been at 180 all summer i just cannot seem to break that point hopefully soon i will.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote