Old 09-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #16  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Oh my 45.5 lbs and 90 lbs.; what's wrong with these people (btw congrats ladies on your lbs lost). I indeed would have noticed! I agree people may be afraid to say something. Or they may not notice, but geeez, you'd have to be highly non-observant to not notice. One of my friends has been away in Germany this past school term and he returned this fall and lost a lot of weight, but I just told him, "you look really good", and we both knew what I was talking about. The beaming smile on his face and numerous thank yous let me know he wasn't offended at all and appreciated my comment.

There is a way to comment on someones weight lost without the odd, "how much", "why", and "how did you do it" questions.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
I know, it's just nuts.. but no one I work with has said a thing, I went to a house warming party last week... and the last time I saw the people at the party was December... no one said a thing

I went from a size 18/20 to taking 14 and even some 12's and nothing
It is possible that people are noticing and don't want to offend you by being wrong. Kind of like the "Are you pregnant?" question. If you're wrong, you feel silly and the person feels fat.

I bet people are noticing. 45.5 pounds is a 6 year old child! That's a huge accomplishment hun.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:06 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

No one really notices my loss either. Im down 40 lbs. My Mom and Dh do, but thats about it. Kinda ticks me off at times, but I keep trudging on.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #19  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

One of my closest co workers said she noticed right away but didnt know if it was okay to mention it. Once I told her why I was refusing the donut she lit up with 'I knew it!'

My parents say they can notice too... and so I'm trying to see a difference because apparently other people can.

I get the people who dont say anything.. and the flip side.. of people who says something eeeverytime they see me. It's annoying and kind of obnoxious. I cant help but wish they'd be quiet eventhough they mean well.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245/188/160

Actually, funny thing--two of my old co-workers actually said something today. I had just gotten on out of the gym and saw them in the parking lot (at school), so I swung around and was like "Oh...So THERE'S some trouble!" and they seriously did a double take and Kim (bless her) was like "HOLY ****, YOU LOOK GOOD" I know some people won't say anything to me, but will say something later to my friends to tell me or who just don't notice (i.e. people from high school)
santamonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree that some people won't say anything because they're afraid to embarrass you. I also think that there are some people that are a little self conscious about themselves, so they don't want to mention anything about your loss because they are afraid that it will bring attention to their own weight. There could be many reasons why a person wouldn't mention something. There is actually a girl at work and I have been noticing her weight loss but I haven't said anything, simply because I don't know if she's comfortable with talking about it, some people aren't. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd say if the ones close to you are noticing, then so is everyone else. The people around me see a difference in a pound or two when I don't see anything at all. And those of you that have lost 40+ I'd say there is definitly no way nobody is noticing, they're just not saying anything for whatever reason.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #22  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

CASSIE I NOTICED FOR SURE, i was showing off your goal pictures last night to my boyfriend too, we are all really proud of you!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #23  
Happy New Rears!

My Ex-Husband said something to me about looking good the other day

LOL
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #24  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

My mom and boyfriend see me all the time and tell me they notice, but I often think they are bias because they know my numbers.

Other people are just now beginning to notice. My uncle said he almost didn't recognize me a few weeks ago; and a woman that works at the local Wal-Mart told me I was sure looking good last week.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 09-21-2007 at 04:04 PM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:28 PM   #25  
Happy New Rears!

Well today I had my very first unsolicited compliment!

It was the UPS man... he used to be our driver but changed his route a few months ago and we have another guy. I haven't see him in months. Well today he was back on our route and came into the office with a delivery, I walked over to him and he did a double take and said

'Wow, you look fabulous!!'

I blushed like a school girl, signed for the delivery and he went out the door, but it made me smile all day.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 PM   #26  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

yeh i so agree with the above comment it is true people are afraid to say that they have noticed your weight loss because thats the same thing as saying yeh you were a heffer before
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #27  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Ha, I bet that made you smile all day! I know it would have done so for me!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
yeh i so agree with the above comment it is true people are afraid to say that they have noticed your weight loss because thats the same thing as saying yeh you were a heffer before
Ha!! Too funny.

Just about everyone has noticed my loss and complimented me. It took about a 30 pound drop before anyone said anything.
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I haven't hit my first 25 pound mark yet and people are already noticing. I have been keeping track of inches and have lost 2-4 inches on different part of my body.

One of my girlfriends went on vacation to the US with her husband and when they came back, she asked if I'd been losing weight and wanted to know my secret...eating right and exercising, lol...they NEVER want to hear that...they always want a secret pill or something.
We also went to a formal dinner and my husband's CWO (bossman) said something to him the next day, asking if I was losing weight.

I think it's more of how much you tone your body and lose inches, as opposed to pounds. That's what people see.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #30  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Yup it seems that most everyone notices and compliments me on my weightloss of 25 pounds! But, I myself honestly don't notice it so much, infact I still see the old me most days, although somedays I know I look Haute! It's so strange how my mind still plays tricks on me...... Does anybody else's mind still do that?
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote