Old 08-03-2007, 12:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Don't feel bad I'm 23, never had a boyfriend. I've gone out on dates, very few actually, but it always end up that we end up being just friends. I find myself being a little more flirtous now that I've lost weight and gained my self confidence back. I now have a guy that is a possibality, I'm just waiting for him to make a move.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #17  

If you're losing weight, make sure you're doing it for yourself-- to make YOU feel better, to make YOU feel more confident and healthy. Losing weight the healthy way creates confidence, endurance, and opens up people who are self-conscious. Screw men

But still, there's a lid for EVERY pot. If you have to change who you are/what you look like just to get someone's attention, they're not the right person. Don't change who you are to gain someone else's acceptance-- let them accept you for you... and if you want to change because it would bring out the best in yourself, we're all behind ya!

Christine
Christine1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree with Christine that weight loss is something you need to do for yourself or you will not be sucessful. In the past I have found that everytime I say I am going to lose weight so I find a boyfriend I just end up gaining. Now that I've done it for myself I have been very successful.

On a side not the guy that I'm hoping to date is also overweight and trying to lose weight. We talked about it the other day and it felt really nice to have someone that understood things and didn't mind the fact that I was ordering the healthiest thing on the menu. I think he told me he's lost 60 pounds in the last year. I think we could be great support for eachother.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #19  

RememberHowToSmile, thats great!! Support's the best, especially if its the person you're with (or hope to be with!!) Some men don't understand women who are weight-conscious and don't seem to care, or are even bothered by the fact that we diet. you won't catch me on a date with someone who criticizes my eating habbits!

But anyway, thats so great!!

im jealous!!
Christine1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

My first boyfriend was when I was about 19 I think...met him New Years Eve spent a week together and then he went back to Canberra...I don't do long distance well lol.

Anyway...I've had a couple since then some were nice enough guys and one was a complete arse (the most recent ex) while my current is the best person and most gorgeous guy I've met. He also lost a lot of weight (just before we met) and is into fitness and eating well so we've had a lot of support from one another in that regard.

I was completely ignored by all things male in my home town...as soon as I moved to Uni...phaw...complete 180! But it did have some to do with gaining confidence and being more sure of myself and who I was.

I don't think anyone can really be attracted to someone if that person doesn't first find themself to be attractive. Whether thats physically or some personality trait.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i personally dont think it has anything to do with weight issues- i had a great friend in HS who was pretty and thin but never dated - she met her current bf about 3 yrs ago - i dont know if it was shyness or what.

i would suggest not dwelling on not having a bf - but get active and have fun and you will meet someone - stop looking and it will find you
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote