Old 06-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #31  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all,

I've been running since February (with a 5K to benchmark myself, a lil over 30 minutes) -- now I do 10K once a week (usually Sundays) for the past month, but aiming to push myself to pace better (rarely can I go the whole distance w/o a powerwalking break) and/or do the extra half or so mile for an even 7-mile run (which I'm sure will instill confidence for me to train up to a half-marathon, since I'd have run over half of that by then.)

Just got a new pair of running sneakers yesterdays, so hopefully that'll help! (the pair I've used thus far are over 2 years old! no wonder I've been getting shin splints)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Bah, I've been so busy doing all the wrong stuff... I've been socializing a lot and going out for drinks and dinner with friends just enjoying the weather.

I need to get back into working out, before I lose all the progress I've made!

Congrats on the running girls! I want to do the C25K, but maybe adjusted since I'm not a completely new runner, I'm just nervous about it for some reason. I'm forcing myself to start it this week... I can be a little late for dinner and drinks... Its my health we're talking about here people!? Haha--I'm so cheesy.

Ok, keep it up girls... Get your running shoes on and get blasting!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #33  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

ugh - i did something so so so stupid yesterday.
I ran - got about 3 miles - and then i was crossing a busy road - there's a light with a crosswalk - but I was like - I can make it. But i stepped out and decided. I CAN"T make it - i spin around - but my foot does not spin with me. I hear cr-rack. I sprained my ankle. I had to walk another 1/2 mile home - hopping limping - oh it was fun.

now its swollen - def half a tennis ball - well in diameter - not sure thickness - hurts - and I can't go running for a while

I work out with a trainer - and that is over for a bit too - but I don't want my muscles to go away - so i gotta some how work on them - plus its the leg that i have my acl tear on - well had an operation on - and it seems a bit tender too - prob stretched it a little. sadness. don't do stupid things like me!

keep running for me!!!!

waddle on!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:29 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/148/125

Height: 5'3"

AHH Bida - that is not good!!!
I'm sorry - it's super frustrating not to be able to exercise!
Make sure to let it heal properly

My last two runs haven't been too great - my legs feel like lead and I've been moving sluggishly. One I quit early and walked the rest of the way and the other one I just pushed on but felt like I was barely moving. Hopefully I was just having "off" days. Hope everyone else is enjoying their runs!
silver plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:33 AM   #35  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

sleeping enough? eating enough carbs?
B

foot is los more swollen today. yay.
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I'm quite please with myself - even though the winter chill has well and truly set in I'm still keeping up with my running

Saturday I went for a 11km run in about 55 minutes going INTO gale force winds the whole way so it felt like I was running into a wall the whole way around.

Monday did a very quick 6-7kms with my boyfriend....and we've discovered I can now outpace him and thats something considering he's 6'6 and i'm 5'6 lol...his legs have a whole foot or more advantage :P He always makes me do sprint intervals which I HATE but are good for me and soccer

This morning was just a run on the treadmill for 7kms but it only took just over 30 minutes to do so my pace/strength has improved.

AND my boyfriend and I have entered the City2Surf fun run for the second year...we did it last year and it was our first weekend away together since we'd only been together a couple of months For those of you who aren't Australian the City2Surf is 14 kms or 8.75 miles run from the centre of Sydney to the beach at Bondi...tens of thousands run/walk it and it's such a blast! I'm excited we're starting in the second pack this year! I'm aiming for 80 minutes...we'll see hehe.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #37  

How was everyone's runs this week?

I finally had a good run this morning! I normally run in my neighborhood but today I went to a nearby high school to use their track. It was so springy and felt great on my knees (I must be getting old ). I ran 4 miles then came home and went swimming - I love summer!

Anyone else ever run on a track? I like it better than a treadmill but it still kind of gets repetitive going around and around...

Hope you all have been doing well!

Bida - How's your ankle doing?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #38  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

i'm back!! i am so excited. i am running the half marathon at disneyland in Sept so i seriously have to get back into running on a regular basis. i have been traveling so much for work that i have been slacking off and the texas heat does not help at all!! i tried to run at 8 am one morning and it was already 91 degrees outside...i almost died!! oh well i gotta stick with it.

Briza: it's great to see that you are running. I had that same problem. I was stuck in a rut, but i was running 4 days a week and lifting 3. it turns out that i wasn't eating enough so my body was storing fat instead of burning it. sometimes you just have to play with your calories by increasing or decreasing them when you hit a plateau. good luck!

muzik ditto! congrats on quitting smoking!! i am a big anti cigarette ('aka' cancer stick) advocate! that's a big step!!! keep it up!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #39  

I had a really good run early this morning. Usually I prep myself and make sure I have the right socks and right shirt and my hair has to be pulled really tight, etc. But this morning I just rolled out of bed and went (without music - shocking!). And it was great! Just did my 3 mile loop - but it felt really easy.

I want to try to go farther than 3 miles soon... just need to start pushing myself I guess!

Hope you are doing well