Old 02-19-2007, 06:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default I don't want to exercise!

Hey girls. Okay, I have this huge problem. I made my school schedule so that I'd start class at 1:30 every day so that I could work out in the mornings. Because when I was starting school early, I couldn't get out of bed for the life of me to work out...then later in the day I was too tired to work out. Well, now it's the opposite. In the mornings, I sleep in until about 9, but I don't want to work out....I just want to sit in fron of the computer, read the forums here at 3FC, watch The View, and by the time I'm done with all that, I have to start getting ready for school and have no time to workout!

Any advice on what i could do to get the motivation to wake up a little earlier and WORKOUT instead of sit in front of the TV??? It worked for about a week...I went to the gym every morning. But then I wanted to sleep in longer and got lazy. HELP!!! I need to get out of this rut and FAST...bikini season is slowly creeping up, and I don't want to spend another summer in baggy clothes and jeans.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

If you have room for a treamill or eliptical worout while watching the view otherwise you just gotta get yp and exercise I know it is hard but after a while it will become second nature and on the days u do not do it u may miss it. I know I do and i started working out 1 year ago.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #3  

I have no exercise equipment at home...I live with my parents. And I have no money to get a treadmill or anything. I have exercise tapes, but I've found it really hard to keep at it with workout tapes. I just joined the YMCA a couple months ago...I'd really like to use that since I'm paying for it. My problem is just getting up and GOING...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

find a friend or acquaintance with a similar schedule... agree to meet at the Y at 10 or 11. You will have to meet because you are accountable to her. Work out, shower at Y, head to class. You can still sleep in (sleep is good) but just watch The View on a treadmill at the gym.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #5  

I wanted to watch the view on a treadmill, but there's no point if you can't here them talking, ya know? They have a bunch of tv's on different channels, on mute. anyone know if there's a way to connect to the tv so you can hear it? i have noticed there are numbers like "45.7" on the bottom, all different....is there some type of technical thing they have that i would be able to hook up to and listen to it?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Just get up and do it. Plain and simple. The hardest part is putting on your shoes and walking out the door. Don't even let yourself thing about it.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #7  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

how late do your classes go, maybe you're better off doing them in the evening? (I used to think that I was a morning exerciser too, but found out the evenings worked MUCH better for me -- great de-stressor from going-ons at work too.)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Why don't you ask someone if there are head phones where you can hear your show. My son went to a gym and all the TV's were on, but no sound. He asked someone who worked there and they had headphones he could put on and tune into what he was watching. It won't hurt to ask.

Good Luck!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #9  

At the YMCA I belong to the numbers on the bottom of the tv's were radio stations to listen to that were the corresponding TV channel, I bought a cheap $10 radio and could listen when I worked out.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote