Old 09-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default September NSVs (non-scale victory)

Got any? Post 'em here!! Let's celebrate all those little things other than the scale that make this journey worthwhile.

My DH keeps hugging me and telling me how skinny I am, and how he can feel all my muscles. It's pretty gratifying.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Ok-- here's one for me.. Someone at work today actually told me that I look thin?!? (Thin as in comparison to the Pillsbury Dough boy? ) I did have on a pair of pants that I bought exactly 1 year ago today that fit very snug and today, I put 'em on zipped 'em up and had room to spare! Yay! Small progress but huge motivation!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Height: 5'6"

Our doorman said "Laura, you're shrinking". I wanted to kiss him, but don't think my hubby, or his wife would be comfie with that!
Laura Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My DH hugged me and patted my booty yesterday and said "I have such a skinny little wife". This made me feel great.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I went to my in-laws & when I walked in my father in law just gushed about how good I looked. I don't think it was altogether a weight thing - I've recently started wearing make-up - lol. It's an attempt to feel better about myself.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/325/175

Height: 5'8"

Congrats to you all for the NSV's! I love reading these, it really does inspire me. I am going to have something to post soon, I just know it!
zandersnannyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Our school year is starting and I am seeing some colleagues for the first time in months and the compliments are coming fast and furious! I am sometimes embarrassed by all the attention, but then, I'm kind of angling for them too!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #8  

So, 2 NSVs today:

We had a reception for new freshmen and I decided to just go ahead and introduce myself to them and chat. I do not find it easy to be outgoing in those situations, but I figured “it’s a whole new world” and just did it! I think losing weight may make social functioning a little bit easier! One less hurdle: the voice in my head telling me how fat I am!

I went back to the store I had shopped at over the weekend to buy some shirts I had put on hold. I tried them on, but they seemed a little big and are turtlenecks, so I can’t wear them yet (too hot). I almost didn’t get them because I figured they would be too big in a couple months, but then I thought, why not try one size smaller?

THEY FIT! Size MEDIUM. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on a label before!!!!! Of course then I immediately tried on other types of shirt in medium – no dice. But STILL!!!

Also, I wouldn't call this is a victory, but I have started to notice that a lot of my colleagues are overweight or obese. I just used to be the largest one, so never thought of anyone else as fat, but they are! I am no longer the fattest one around, not by a long shot!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #9  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

WooOOOo HooOOOoo HEATHER!!!!

How awesome on all of the above!

I'm so proud and happy for you!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #10  

Oh Heather one of my goals is to not always be the fattest in the room! I am so happy for you! Glad you tried on the Medium. Man it has to be HS since I wore a medium shirt Whhoooo

I am back on program after a slip up! So for me this is good.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #11  

Thanks for your nice words, Linda and luflic! It may be the ONLY medium I can fit in for now -- I think in general the store runs big and none of the others fit... BUT, I will totally take it, and hope it's not my last medium!!!

Last edited by Heather; 09-06-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
I just used to be the largest one, so never thought of anyone else as fat, but they are! I am no longer the fattest one around, not by a long shot!
Exactly! I have been noticing this same thing. It seemed that everywhere I go I was always the fattest person there. And lately I am noticing that that is not the case! Of course I am still fat... but I no longer feel so fat that it is so blatantly obvious that I am the biggest one there!

I had an NSV today too. My boss asked me to walk down to the new Whole Foods Market with her at lunch. We walked down and looked all around the huge deli area and she bought her lunch to take back to the office. But the more I looked around NONE of that stuff looked all that appealing... it was a very nice, big deli... but it all seemed way too heavy and fat for me for lunch. I honestly DID NOT WANT IT!! I went back and ate the two boiled eggs I had brought with me, WASA bread and some grapes. And I was content!! WOW!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #13  

Misti -- WTG on not WANTING the food!

At the student reception yesterday they had these cookies I used to LOVE! I guessed I might not like them as well as I used to, but I wanted one anyway. But I didn't eat any. Resisted the siren call for over an hour!
Old 09-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
I had an NSV today too. My boss asked me to walk down to the new Whole Foods Market with her at lunch.
Are you actually in Redmond? I know there is a brand new Whole Foods that just opened. We so should meet for lunch/coffee one day.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #15  

Great for you ladies! So that Siren shriek can be ignored! Wow one day I will learn. Baby steps, baby steps.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote