Old 09-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #46  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well, here is one I have been looking forward to... as of this morning....

I weigh exactly what my driver's license says I do!!!

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:47 AM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG on that Driver's License NSV, Misti. Mine now says I weigh 15 lb. more than I do. I think I need to get a replacement one. LOL, besides the picture is terrible with my eyes squinted almost closed. My whole family gets a great laugh out of it though.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #48  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Awesome NSV's you guys!! Keep it up!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I changed at the locker room of my new gym today. In front of other people. I haven't been to a locker room since... college maybe.

Oh,and we joined a spiffy new gym. Which I am excited about. I can't believe I'm excited about joining a gym!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #50  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

LOL, my drivers license says I weigh 120, that wasn't even true when I got it at 16 some 26 years ago!! My picture is of a short 200 some pound woman with the weight of a teenager. Its a darn good thing the BMV doesnt have scales!

Congratulations!!!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #51  
lilybelle

My jeans are loose today and they felt tight last week. Yeah.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I did it! I ran a 5K today! This wasn't my first 5K (my third this year), but it was the first one where I've run the entire way without walking even a little bit. I have no idea what the time was because my eye was on the Finish line, not on the clock, but my goal was to run the entire distance so time wasn't important. I'm just so psyched! I told my sister, who came from out of town to watch (and now we're going for a 4-hour kayak trip--first lower body exercise, then upper body exercise, I guess ), that I was striking a blow for formerly morbidly obese grandmothers everywhere. Even a year ago, I wouldn't have thought I could do this. You really can do anything you put your mind to!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #53  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I have one for you, I have now achieved both my goals. The scale one was to run 100lb, and the non-scale one was to run a marathon. Goal 1 done, and goal 2 done! I don't post here as often as I used to, but I just wanted to pop back in and tell you. It's surprising what you're capable of that you just don't realise. I'm not saying that everyone on here can run a marathon, but maybe there's something you've always dreamed of doing but assumed you'd never be able to do. Believe me, nothing is impossible, and if I can do this, you all can do anything you want to do, if you want to do it enough.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

What amazing NSVs on this thread! Helen, it's so inspiring to know that you lost 100 pounds and ran a marathon! Wow! I hope that this time next year I'll be able to post that I ran a 5k -- that's my goal!

I had a little NSV yesterday. A friend and I went clothes shopping, and we're both overweight and broke so it's no real joy. I tried on pants in both size 22 and 20, because that's what I normally wear (and it takes a million pounds for me to lose a size because I'm tall and carry my weight reasonably well for how much there is of it). The 22 pants were way too big, and the 20 had some room. I was going to just buy the 20s because I didn't think the 18s would work, but I tried them on for the heck of it. I ended up buying two pairs of 18s! They fit just right. I know size 18 isn't great, but I actually went down a size or two, so I'm excited! Soon I'll be able to shop in my own closet for clothes I'd grown out of!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #55  

Sheila, that's awesome! You should be really PROUD!

Helen, you didn't give all the details -- you didn't just run a marathan, there were a LOT of adverse conditions!

Lisa --Don't say size 18 isn't great -- IT IS! You've lost sizes and don't need to apologize! WooHoo!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #56  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default A couple of things

I have had a couple of realizations lately - one is that when I get to goal, I'm going to have to get my wedding ring resized. It's spinning on my finger now and actually fits my 3rd finger. I may have to move it or I might lose it. If I put lotion on my hands, it will slide right off without any effort at all. I had a ring fall off yesterday when I was wiping my hands after washing them.

Also, it has been so long since I've felt bones that when I get situated to go to sleep at night, my knees knock together and it actually annoys me - I'm so used to fat there padding it and I don't have much there anymore.

I never thought I'd have these problems!!

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #57  

Shiela you are motivating this morbidly obese grandma! Congrats to All of you!! I hang my head I have nothing to contribute this time.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #58  

DNR -- I had an odd nsv last winter when my wedding ring fell off! I thought I'd lost it, but it was in a shopping bag! Don't lose yours!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #59  

Height: 5'8.5"

Sheila, that is fabulous! Congratulations!!! I am proud of you!!!

I had a nice NSV yesterday. The front desk receptionist called me over and said the woman who delivers our US mail had commented to her about me and how much she sees me out there walking when she is driving in and out in the mail truck. I don't know this woman... but she was nice enough to comment to the receptionist about how hard she has seen me working, how much weight I have lost and how great I look! It was a big encouragement, especially yesterday when for some strange reason I had GAINED five pounds suddenly! Yikes!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #60  
lilybelle

My NSV, we probably have all heard the comment many times in our lives that "you have such a pretty face, if you'd just lose some weight". Yesterday, I took a long look in the mirror and for the first time I thought , "they are right, I do have a nice face". It took losing weight to ever see this for myself. I always thought I was ugly and felt so ugly, but now I am starting to see myself as more attractive and feel a lot better about my own appearance. After 2 1/2 months of maintenance I am starting to accept my body.