Old 09-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #31  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL well when standing I noticed in church the other day that if I lean forward just a tiny bit I can see my FEET!!! I can actually see over my boobs with just a bit of effort
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #32  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

WTG Misti on seeing them feet. It was great for me when I realized I could tie my shoes without such effort due to the big tummy in my way.
Nsv today, I went to the store and didn't buy any sugar-free candy, which I love.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Lily -- WOW -- up to a year to heal???? Criminey! I guess the upside is that they think it will heal??

I have an NSV: for the first time since college (I think) I am fitting into Queen size panty hose! And I WAS in Just My Size 4x's last year!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, I just got back from camping up north, and there's this 25.4 km (15.8 mile) bike trail there that's really beautiful...it winds along lakes and rivers among the fall colours. DH and I tried it two years ago, and there was no way I could do it. I got so winded so quickly, we had to turn back after maybe 4 km. This year, I surprised myself - I did the whole thing!! I was hurting at the end, I'll tell you, but I was so happy with myself. DH kept telling me how awesome I was and how I really surprised him!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #35  
lilybelle

My NSV is that I exercised using my exercise ball. I have decided that even though my ankle is totally screwed up that I am going to do what ever I can possibly do to exercise and not use it as an excuse to gain this weight back. No more pity party for me.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #36  

Good for you Lily are you in pain at all?
Wow Heather remarkable! Way to go!
I am going up north this week end to see the fall colors and my nsv is that I have planned ahead and bought all legal snacks to take. Now if only I stick to just them.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #37  
lilybelle

luflic, Thanks and no I'm not in any pain. The left leg is totally numb from the knee down.
My NSV, last night I took dinner to my DH at work. His old boss was there (that had changed shifts about 6 months ago). He told me, "my gosh, you are so skinny now that I didn't recognize you. You look great.". This just made my day. Compliments always feel so good.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #38  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Lily -

I'm so sorry about your injury - I've been following your story on the Living Maintenance Board. I am amazed that even with that you are still exercising! I'm afraid if I were in your shoes, I'd probably being getting in a lot of "couch time." Terrible, huh? Guess I don't yet have a maintainers mentality!

My NSV is that I bought a size 16W dress to wear to a wedding this weekend. It's been years since I could wear a 16! BTW, how much difference is there b/t a 16W and a 16 Misses?
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #39  
lilybelle

Thanks Mary, I got bored with "couch time" and am trying to exercise however I can. My "maintenance attitude" comes from fear of gaining. I can't afford to have to buy new clothes again. There's nothing worse for me than waking up and finding my jeans are too tight after all I have been through to lose this weight. I will keep it off no matter what obstacles I face.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

I have another small one! My mom gave me a ring two weeks ago - and when I tried to put it on my right ring finger there was no way it was going on. I've been wearing it on my pinkie. So today, for fun, I tried to put it on my ring finger again. Voila! It went on! YAY!

lilybelle - WTG on using your exercise ball! I have one downstairs - those things are challenging!

luflic - I wish I could say I stayed with all legal snacks while I was camping. Didn't happen and I even gained a couple of pounds - even with all the exercise! Oh well the 2 pounds are gone now...just gotta keep going.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #41  
Opulent

lilybele, I hope you are on the mend!

Sept15, that is so great that you can wear that ring on your ring finger

Wyllenn, way to go! Fitting into 'regular' store hose (or any other clothes) is a feat (treat)

Breakingfree, I'm not sure how much difference there is but that's fantastic!

Misti, seeing your feet must feel great! LOVE your new avatar!

luflic, good or you, you are back on track!

Here's my NSV: My daughter got a frozen yogurt and it was bigger than she wanted and so I told her 'Throw it out! Don't worry about wasting it! Only eat until you are satisfied and next time know to get a smaller one.' and handed her a dollar to cover some of her 'waste' (she spent her own money on it), so neither one of us ate what we didn't need!

Also, the makeup artist from the infomercial shoot yesterday said I looked 20 years old!
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #42  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

First of all, congrats to everyone with great NSVs!!!

This happened Saturday, so forgive me.

My DH is on Atkins, I made this ham and cauliflower casserole. I usually make my dinner after I make DH's. His dinner looked so good. I had some on a spoon, ready to go into my mouth. I knew that DH wouldn't eat the rest, so I threw it down the garbage disposal!

I'm so proud of myself!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

My 13 year old son's Tae kwon do instructor made me feel sooo young today He asked me if I was dropping off my son or brother.....brother,lol.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:34 AM   #44  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Here is one for me. I went to the gym today and the towel almost fit around my waist. LOL I could wear it like a little sarong with a slight opening. I felt really good about that! Last year they would leave about 1/4 of an opening and I could not tie it. It was weird I know but it was something for me!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Not weird at all, Darlene. I remember how good it felt the first time I put the towel all the way around me. It's a great feeling!

Love reading these NSVs! Congratulations to everyone who's posted!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote