Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #46  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all.

I've been lurking around the forum for a while, but I posted for the first time over the weekend. My name is Amanda, I'm 33 years old, married and have struggled with weight on and off all my life. I've found the best I've ever done with my weight was when I ate sensibly and exercised. Just as a way of life.

Two weeks ago started with Atkins for the second time. I tweaked it to for me though. For instance I didn't count carbs, but I stayed away from sugar, flour and fried foods. I used oil spray instead of oil or butter and cut out fat where I could. Like removing skin from chicken.

After two good weeks, I succombed to cravings yesterday. I ate some ice cream bars. An entire box of them. Here was the rationale: "I don't want these to be in the freezer tomorrow. I don't want to be tempted by them." I should have just thrown them away. I really have to get this eating of mine under control. It's just ridiculous.

I was sick all night too. I was throwing up and had um.... bathroom issues. (Sorry to gross you out). But then it occured to me that I used to feel awful quite often before I started with low carb again. My body responds well to low carbing and I hate that I strayed. But I'm back on the wagon.

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:09 AM   #47  

Smile

Mornin' ladies. Pleased to meet all of you I have never met before,

Well, my weekend was okay. I fudged some, but, today is yet another day to try again to behave. I have been sort of sick actually, so it wasn't all too bad with my eating. Control is something that will take me a while to perfect.

Tke care friends, have a wonderful day.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:13 AM   #48  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi All!

Well, this weekend went ok for me. I wasn't on my game the whole time, but not too bad in the grand scheme of things. I am also a chronic scale jumper and was very pleased to see a 2lb loss on Sat from last Tues...then today, I'm back up 1.5lb...I'm blaming it on the monthly bloat. My official weigh in is always on Tues, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I'm also very pleased to see some newcomers! You can never have enough support!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM   #49  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Smile The Winning Losers Have it Going On!

WOW!!!

Winning Losers Checkin is doing great! I am so excited to see everyone checking in and trying to be of encouragement to each other. Kewl!

I read through all of the post, so I have to say Hi to everyone.
Hi, Tiffany, Aqua, Stacy, Sarah, Laramie, Maggie, Caroline, Stephanie, Leec, Rhonda, Blondie, Lisa, Brittini, Anna, Merrick, Danielle and Amanda.

I tried very carefully and I hope I didn't miss anyone. to everyone and so glad to meet you. What a great check-in!!

Okay, I am banking early for some encouragement, I promise to make up for it later. I was sooooo ready to get going and then this power outage happened and I don't have access to any of the normal things. I had just went shopping Wednesday afternoon and not 10 minutes after I walked in the door it got really dark outside and stormed and then power went out and it has been out ever since. Yes, ALLL of my groceries were ruined and everything else in my refrigerator is spoiled. Also, all of my workouts are done with videos and of course with no power, I can't do them. It is over 100 degrees with a heat advisory here, so I feel hopeless. It is just terrible. I feel bad because alot of times to get going you have to have your mind set and focused and now I have to try to do that all over again when the power returns. Just a bummer. So, hopefully the power will be on at my house soon. Fortunately, my mother lives not far from me and her power returned yesterday and so we are staying at her house temporarily. Guys keep your fingers crossed that my power returns soon.

I hope to get some good vibes from you guys to keep me on track so when I am back in ideal circumstances I will be able to get going again. I just feel so bad that the day I got the check-in together, I lose power and it looks like I deserted everyone. I didn't though, just an really ill-timed emergency.

Again, hello to everyone and I look forward to reading about your ups, downs and in betweens.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #50  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Ok, this is my 3rd attempt at a post here and I'm getting alittle annoyed!
I had actually completed a super long one the first time with personals to everyone and then the system "redirected" me and it disappeared. The 2nd one was almost just as long and did the same thing! Argh!!!!!

So, gonna make this short for now:

Everyone stay strong and remember your goals. You are worth every step you take towards good health and long life. YOU come first in this journey!!!!
Baby steps if you have to, it's in the right direction and that is all that matters.

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!!!

Will head back here later today after the grocery store..maybe the computer will behave itself!

Keep Shining Girls! Be good to you!!!!!

♥danielle
Old 07-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #51  

Talking

Aw. You all are so sweet.

This is a nice group!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:33 PM   #52  

Hello to everyone, this is a nice big group,
I realy look forward to continuing to be a part of this group.

Danielle, I loved your "progress is not Perfection" great motto.

brat 61886 I hope you are feeling better and good luck with LA weightloss, I was thinking about that program. How do you like it? What is like? What type of gym program were you talking about (Oprah). It sounds interesting.

Blondi728 happy birthday, when is your birthday?

Amanda: I have heard that some people are actually allergic to sugar and/or dairy and wheat(flour) and never know it until they do a low/no carb, and then eat it. It almost sounds like what you experienced.

Aqua chick: thank you for the welcome

Proxiekat: I also love the scale, I am not a fan of what it says, but I step on it alot... sometimes too much. I know what you mean...

U2Girl, very good job on including everyones name, great job. I hope your power is back on!!! If not, maybe you could walk around an airconditioned mall, if there is one near by with power... oh yea, you said you were going to your mother's with power... good luck.

Well, as for myself, well my weekend went well for the most part. Yesterday was not that great. Today was good, I am actually planning on waking up early to walk for 2 miles and hopefully getting in some yoga before I pick up my 2 nephews and drop off my son at camp.
I always feel so much better when I do not each too much. I want to focus on eating less, eating better, and moving more.

Ps: does anyone know how to update the progress tickers???
Have a great night and a great day tomorrow, I look forward to checking in again tomorrow.
Good Night
Lynne
Old 07-25-2006, 08:55 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 289/289/269 mini goal weight

Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing wonderful! Today is a new day! I am going to the y and will my my butt off! Yesterday I was a little down I ate well and conroled but I did not move my butt other than to go to the bathroom and do laundry. I was depressed I think because I was sleeping alot durning the day. I had went to the back doctor because I have two disc that are bulging and giving me pain. He weighed me and all that happy stuff. That scale claims I weight 296! Ok that is fine! But, I was weighing myself here at home and it had me at 289! Not sure what to buy. I know the doctor scale is most likely more accurate. Then I went into work to see if our shipments came in and I was told no they are still not on the sea! What!! it has been 3 weeks. Ok this is normal every few months my company gets so slow there is not much work for us. I was due to go back today. I guess I was looking forward to getting back to work! So today I will be better and in a better mood. Take care everyone!!
Tiffany
Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #54  

Good morning ladies!

I am ready to start a fresh day! So far things are going okay, I think I am still at my 1 1/2 Lb. loss, which is fine- I'll take it. Hopefully next week I'll notice some more change, but I am learning patience with this weight loss gig.

Take care, have a great day to all!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #55  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone.

I went to my water aerobics class last night and it was just fantastic! In a weird way, I'm glad I had the ice cream slip up on Sunday. For the first time ever I gave some really serious thought to why I sometimes eat that way. And why I do it secretly. My husband thought I had two ice cream bars. He had no idea I actually bought an entire box of them, ate them all and then went out of my way to conceal it. Even though he's never been the type to critique what I'm eating. He loves me for who I am.
I remember people in my family constantly bothering me about what I was eating when I was growing up. So much so, that I began to sneak into my bedroom with food and eat it in private. And that gave me a certain sense of relief. I've carried that with me for a very long time. Just the feeling of complete relief to just be able to eat something you like. It's just a good feeling that I will at times go overboard. The weird thing is that, when I look at my childhood pictures, I wasn't fat at all. I thought back then that I was but I was not. I filled out very early. At 7 or 8 years old I was thick in the hips and thigh areas, but I wasn't fat. That was just an indication that that was the sort of figure I would have. Feeling as if I had to hide and then myself into oblivion actually did make me fat eventually. Talk about a breakthough 48 hours!
But now I have this wonderful husband who just loves me fat or not so fat. And that gives me the confidence to be myself. So there's nothing should feel the need to hide or be ashamed of.
Anyway, I just thought I'd share that. Maybe it will help someone else.

Hi Stephanie. I heard that the WATP dvds are fun. I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home DVDs.

Happy birthday Merrick. I understand how you feel. I want to have this whole thing under control by the time I'm 35. I'm 33 now. I would like to have two children one day and I want to be healthy for pregnancy. I think you have a point about my possibly being allergic to the sugar, dairy and processed flour. I know I always feel awful, sluggish and tired after eating those things. I even have trouble sleeping. But when I'm low-carbing I sleep better, have more energy and fewer problems with my skin. And I never need antacids.
Sugar N Spice, I'm in the same boat as you.
Tiff, yes weekends are hard. More time on your hands, less structure, more boredom and more access to food.
Blondie - It's nice when the person you love is supportive isn't it? Congrats to you.
Brat - Congratulations on your resolve. It's YOUR health. Good for you for not allowing others to make you lose sight of that anymore. Do this for you!
U2Girl - Thank you for making me feel so welcomed. I hope your power is back on soon. Isn't it something? Whenever you make a decision about your health and make strides, something always seems to pop up to push you back a little.
Tiffany - I hope your day improves soon. If I were you I'd go by the scale at your house. Only because that's the scale you'll be using most of the time to monitor your weightloss.
Hi there Aqua - congrats on the weightloss.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #56  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies,

Ive had a rough couple of days. i found out i'm allergic to the type of turkey sandwich meat ive been buying. its been causing me to have headaches/migranes. plus i'm taking college algebra and i suck at math as it is but with me not feeling good its been kicking my butt. oh well atleast now i know and can go on from here. didnt go to the gym today due to my bad headache from the turkey and studying for my math test which i have to ace. oh yeah i almost fainted at the gym the other day. come to find out i its becase i havent been getting enough minerals so ladies please take that multivitamin. anyways hope you guys have a great day.

Merrick, i really like LA weightloss. i mean basically its getting you to eat healthy. you get a lot of food. i mean there are days that i have to make myself eat all of it. there are different programs but mine is the red with lites. which is 2 1/2 protiens a day (8oz of chicken is a protien), 4 fruits, veggies and starches, 2 dairys and 1 fat. and then they have bars that you can buy as snacks and those are the lites. a lot of people buy luna bars as a substitute but i dont really like them. and the workout program is from Bob Greene's book total body makeover. if your not used to working out it can be intense. some of the exercises u need gym equipment so if havent joined the gym you might wanna.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 PM   #57  

Smile

Hi everyone!

Merrick, you're welcome for the welcome! So good to see a lot of people coming together to share our victories and struggles.

TiffanyinMass, so sorry to hear about your back sweetie! I hope the medication helps a lot.

Amany, water aerobics sounds like a blast! I think you are really special for coming forward and stating your struggle. I have done the same things, especially hiding from my husband. I hide because he always busts me out over what I am eating. I guess he is trying to "help" but he is very small and never battled food the way I do. He thinks it is easy to lose weight and that I am just ... can't think of another word, so I will just say it... *pig*. I am not a pig, but I certainly have a problem controlling food intake, and it made me feel better to see you say what you did. Sounds a lot like me. Anyway, thank you for the congrats on my weight loss, and I wish you the best on your weight loss journey.

brat_61886, sorry to hear about the turkey incident. What a drag. I also suck at math so I am feeling your pain on that one.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #58  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Afternoon ladies! I hope everyone is having a great day so far! How are you doing on your goal for the week? I haven't exercised yet, but plan on getting my first workout in this afternoon after housework. Food is going well tho, and so is water!!

Merrick- I hope you were able to get in that walk & yoga! Sounds like you are doing really well with exercise and really listening to your body as far as making sure you don't eat too much. Feels good to be in control, huh?! My "motto" is something I have to continually remember because I am an all or nothing girl and that is what's gotten me so heavy...so everyday I sort of have to chant it to myself!

Tiffany, I hope you're back is feeling alright. How do you work when you're hurting like that? Ouchie! I would use the scale at home to measure your progress. Just remember, it's only a hunk of metal! Please do not let it measure your successes or failures in the grand scheme of things, ok?

Aqua- good attitude today!!! Patience is a huge factor in weight loss, alot of people (usually the ones that don't have any to lose! lol) don't seem to grasp this! I always have said that losing weight is 99% mental and the other 1% is the actual losing weight part. The mind is a tricky thing! 1.5 pounds is fabulous, be very proud of what you're doing for yourself!!

Amanda- Your post sounds like something I could've written. I grew up in a home where I was constantly poked & prodded by my mother, telling me I was getting fat, needed to exercise, stop eating that (but yet would bring home gallons of ice cream), and she was on a constant diet....I can remember this treatment from the age of 5 til I moved out, actually! My mother was probably about a size 6 my entire childhood, up until I hit 17 and then she completely ballooned. I've looked back at pictures of myself and I was by no means fat at all. I was maybe 1 size bigger than my friends, but barely noticable. I learned to hide food, eat it in private and play a good game of "I didn't eat it", with the rest of the family. I too have a lovely husband who met me at 220lbs and has seen me at 140lbs..but loves me any which way. He does share concern for me though with health issues and also because I was diagnosed 2 years ago with binge-eating disorder w/ OCD tendancies. That was surreal to hear, I always just thought I was this freak who couldn't say no to food! Anyways, it's been a life long battle for me and food. I have had to learn alot about myself the last couple years in order to cope. As dr. phil says: Time to get real. LOL I think I'm finally feeling stronger and love myself alot more to finally do what's right for me and my body. BEst of luck to you, you have a good head on your shoulders and are being smart about what will work for you. With all that you can't go wrong!

brat_61886- I do hope you are feeling better. Best of luck on your math test, I think you'll do great! Glad that you found out what was making you headachy now you can fix it and move on. Stay strong and chin up, you can do this!

Ugh, I cannot begin to even tell you guys what nasty obnoxious neighbors I have living upstairs!! Apartment life is not for me by any means, but you do what you gotta do, right? These guys(there's 2) moved in about 5 weeks ago and it's been nothing but problems. This complex was sold to private owners, and we'd already been living here 2 years, ours sold to someone who had no intention of living in it, but just to rent it out and let it appreciate. We got lucky, didn't have to move. The people who had been living above us were wonderful, never heard them. We didn't even hear them moving out! lol These new people tho, who do own their unit, are just nightmares! Luckily, HOA is pretty speedy quick about things and yesterday they were fined $1,000 for all the issues so far. These guys party til 5am every weekend, turn around and try and apologize for noise and then do it again. Then they're wondering why we want nothing to do with them, won't talk to them or accept apologies from them!! I'm not that old (yet), but gosh, even when I was in my 20's I would never have acted as these idiots do! Oh, and don't even get me started on the girls that stay here for days on end! It's mainly just these 2 particular ones but man.....one day I am gonna get the urge to blurt out, Does your mother know what you're doing?
So needless to say, my nerves are shot and my stress level is beyond normal. When I get like this I feel like eating. Luckily I have remained strong though, but I can't lie and say I haven't thought about it!!! Especially with birthday cake still lingering in here. Gotta keep reminding myself that it's all a head thing, I don't really want to eat bad things, it won't get me to where I want to be! Right? Right!

Well now I am completely rambling so I'll shut up now and get productive!
Ladies be strong and keep shining!!!

♥danielle
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #59  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Just dropping in real quick to say Hello. No change with the power situation, so just hanging tight at my mother's home. They hope to have it up by Thursday. We will see.

Merrick, thanx so much for the kind words and suggestions for getting some activity in. We did mall walking the other day and pushing the girls around in the double stroller was definitely a bit of a workout. Thanx for the well wishes.

Amanda, you sound like you have a good grasp on the mindset needed to lose the weight and I think that is great! Hold on to that! We have quite a journey ahead of us and it is great to hear revelations or ideas that others have. One of the beautiful things about checkins. Thanx for sharin'. I am very glad that you decided to join the Winning Losers.

Anna and Stacy I know that the group got real big, real fast. How did that weigh in go today Stacy? Hopefully, the right way. Anna, I hope that all is okay. I know that you work graveyard shift, so it can be hard to post, but please be sure to check-in and let us know how things are going and how it went with your Brit friend.

Talk to you later.

Elycia
Old 07-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #60  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Hi Elycia! Its good to see you here today! I'm bummed to hear no electricity yet, but thank goodness for dear ole mom! Merrick had a brilliant idea about the mall walking and I was thrilled to hear you had done that! Go you!!! Chin up girl, electricity will be up soon hopefully and you'll be on your way!

I'm curious as to what different eating plans everyone is doing?

Hope everyone is hanging in there and staying positive. We can do this!!

~danielle
Closed Thread