Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:35 PM   #106  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Saturday!

Hello!

How is everyone? I hope you're all prepared to enjoy a really great weekend!

I am sitting here feeling blah and really tired. I can't figure out what it is? I feel like I could sleep for another 12 hours. Maybe it's just TOM messing with me, I dunno? Just doesnt feel good tho. Oh, and also, it's real overcast and dark outside so maybe that's got something to do with it too.

I am trying real hard to stay focused on low carb but I keep finding myself mindlessly nibbling on things that are definite no-no's. argh! I don't over do it (which is a first!) but the fact that I am at all is not going to get me to losing much weight. I really was bad this week and didn't do any of the exercise I had planned on doing. We just had so much other stuff going on around here there just wasn't time (like that excuse? lol), or I was just plain tired. I think what it is girls, I'm afraid of it? Don't ask me why I think that, just a weird observation on my part I guess! I love love love it once I get going. I get to a point where I can't get enough but it's those first initial workouts that are just SO HARD. It's a mind thing, I know it, just gotta slug it out some how.

Aqua- I think you've got a good plan set up for accountability. I really hope it works for you! What's amazing is how much you are willing to be incredibly honest about it all, even if it is in front of dh. Good for you! I hope you had another great day yesterday!

Thistoo- That is very strange! Ya weirdo! I have a sister who is a bit like that also regardless of all the workouts she does and how well she eats. She found she lost more inches than she did weight, the weirdest thing! I'm just glad to know that you have been checking things out and know that it's not anything else medically. I really admire your tenacity and willingess to put up with it too!

Lynne- I think you need to do with whatever you can live with for the long haul. This is why I am such a huge advocate of tweaking any program to fit your life. If you gotta white knuckle it just to lose the weight, how in the world will anyone be able to keep it off if they can't live the lifestyle, right? IMO, anyone is better just cutting out sugars period, they are so bad for you. I know you will do great with this! Snacks are endless really....... cucumbers & dip, carrots, celery w/ cream cheese or PB, nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts), meat & cheese rollups, string cheese, yocheese,deviled eggs, HB eggs, pepperoni crisps(if you want to do lc these are so good but a tad higher in fat), ....... Yes, nuts & cheese are healthy but use moderation!
I would suggest limiting your cheese to only a few ounces a week and really just pushing the veggies along with a bit of protein. You'll find that you really won't want that much if you get that protein in for a snack, really will keep you satiated longer. I hate that feeling where you get so hungry you feel like you could gnaw your arm off! One of the biggest reasons I love lc eating!
Also, maybe if you do really well with the 3 squares, maybe 6 smaller meals would be more ideal for you? I know many people who have had huge success with this. Just an idea!

flawless- well that really is a bummer about the power! We lost Elycia here on the thread due to that too. I hope it's restored quickly so you're not miserable! Dont sweat the candy bar, on to new beginnings, right?!

Amanda- so glad you're doing so great! Sounds like you have really dedicated yourself to really listening to your body and what it needs. I think with this mindset you will really succeed! I agree, once you let out your "secrets" and the shame regarding your food habits, things do get so much easier. I had kept mine a secret just until last year when I started therapy and the dr talked tome about eating disorders. Me! The fat girl with an eating disorder?!? I actually argued with him at first because I couldn't believe that something like this could be considered a "disorder". He finally made me understand it and MADE me talk to my dh about it. He was astounded that after all the years of being together that my husband literally had no clue(so I thought!) what I'd been doing to feed my habit. Hardest thing I ever had to do! Really felt like some sort of drug addict, worst part is, like an addict, my dh knew there was something going on but couldn't put his finger on it. Weird! I think you are doing beautifully just listening to that hunger bell, I think the more we tune in to that the more success many of us will have. It's such a huge urge to want to clean the plate though, I certainly understand this way of thinking! Hope today is another success for you.

Well girls, I need to get a move on, even though I would love nothing more than to sit here and vegitate. Never did get that storm yesterday, now they say it's today.....I'll believe it when I see it!
Gonna spend some time in the kitchen today cooking up some chicken and prepping veggies and salad fixins. Helps me so much to be prepared, then there is no excuse to not follow my plan!!!

Have a lovely afternoon girly girls and I'll check in again later.

♥danielle
Old 07-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #107  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Smile

WE HAVE POWER!!! Thank goodness. It has been unbearable. Anna, you got a taste of what we have been dealing with for the past week. Well, I think it is probably safe to buy groceries again. Unfortunately, my refrigerator smells horrid and I am trying all types of things to take care of that issue.

Wow, most are checking in great. I looked through the post and noticed that Tiffany hasn't been around much. Hope that all is okay. Blondie, I really haven't seen since her initial post. Well, I hope to hear more from you ladies. Since my power is back on, I should be around a little more and it can be more of an exchange of encouragement from my end.

Stacy and Anna, good to see you guys! Hello to everyone and nice to read all of your progress.

Just as a heads up, I or someone here will obviously have to make a new one for August, however, I was thinking that since this check-in is such a success, maybe we should have a weekly thread in lieu of a monthly. 8 pages in just 1 1/2 week would make for a 30 page thread over a month and that is just too much to comb through. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that everyone is posting. Keep it up, it is very encouraging.

Take care.

Elycia
Old 07-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #108  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Elycia,
welcome back and good to see you online again. I can't imagine what you have been going through. a couple hours is all i had to deal with and I was in misery without my fan or a/c. my animals loved the ice water though. weekly would be great although i think 30 pages would be pretty funny.

Okay i stayed away from the chocolate today, any time i felt like overeating i drank more water or had a bowl of oatmeal, okay maybe 2 but it worked today. Well Ladies, Have a great weekend. I am looking forward to later this week as I will be taking my first vacation, real vacation in like 3 years, a whole week I am excited. Although I willbe working part of it as I am overhauling one if the rooms in my house I am looking forward to it. still need to pick the final color though have 2 choosen and the flooring picked out.
Until tomorrow
Anna
Old 07-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #109  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Elycia its great to see you! I hope now that the power is back you will be able to spend some more time with us. I can only imagine how 'lovely' your fridge is right now! LOL its so awesome to have you back tho, I'm
excited to hear some good things from you in the coming weeks! I'm fine with a weekly thread if everyone else is!

Anna-im glad to hear you're having a good weekend so far! Does your vacation start this coming week? How exciting especially since its been awhile for ya. Sometimes working around the house can be more relaxing than going away somewhere, I bet you have a blast!

Anyone else around this weekend? We would love to hear from you, especially you girls that haven't posted for a while! I hope all is well with everyone!

Hugs,
Danielle
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #110  

Cool

Good morning everyone!

Amany- Yes, the weekends are definately tough!
Very good thing about asking yourself about being full. That takes a lot of practice and control, especially if it is something really sinful like pizza, pasta, or whatever you love the most.
Sugar-N-Spice- Hi! I am enjoying my weekend. It's a bit of a lazy one, lounging around the house. Yeah, you are right. Overcast weather might be the culprit for making you sleepy. It always seems to put me in hibernation mode. When there is a thunderstorm I could lay in bed all afternoon listening to the thunder.
u2girl- The check in is going great. WE have some really sweet chicks that need each other here. I think that is so great.
flawlesscube- good job watching yourself and taking in the water. This is one of the hardest things to do, but you are forcing yourself over the "hump" and I think once you get used to it, it will become second nature to eat a certain way.
Merrick, thistoo, TiffanyinMass, SnShn13, Woodspritechick, Quirky1, phoxiekat, StephanieAZ82, Angel33, karistiana, blondie728, LisaMarie71,
brat_61886

Thinking about all you chicks, even if I skipped a name, you are thought of too! I hope you are all well, and have a peaceful weekend!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:16 PM   #111  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good day everyone!

I think I'm becoming addicted to checking this thread. Whenever I see it bumped up I'm like, "Oooo.... another post!".

Danielle - Yesterday was a bit blah for me too. Most Saturdays are. If I'm not careful I can spend a lot of time sleeping. Especially when it's cooler outside. I get what you mean about the exercise too. There was a time when I loved my exercise so much that I would rush to do it. If I had gone the whole day without it, I would do it at night. If I can just make myself do it regularly for a solid month I could probably become that way again.
BTW - I confessed to my husband too about the secret eating. He already knew. He said, "I know you were eating a lot. There's just the two of us here and I know I wasn't eating all that.". So just what secret was I actually keeping??

Elycia - You have power! Oh, isn't it just bliss? And to be back in your own home. Ahh.... Nothing makes you appreciate electricity more than losing it for a while.
I think you're right about a weekly thread. Maybe starting every Monday morning? If I'm not rushing like a mad woman tomorrow morning, like I am on most Mondays, I don't mind starting it. I guess just who ever signs on first on Monday morning.

Anna - Congrats on avoiding the chocolate. There are times that I crave it so much that I think I'll have a fit if I don't get it. Years ago (when I was in love with my exercise), I disciplined myself enough to have it just every now and then. Like every other month or so. I also rarely ate french fries, potato chips, ice cream, greasy burgers or pizza. After a while I never even missed those things. The only time I skewed was during the holidays. The day of the holiday and the next day. Not the entire season from Thanksgiving until the first of the year. I hope I can be that way again....

Aqua - Sometimes we just have a lazy weekend. Nothing wrong with that.
Maybe you just need the rest. And sometimes it's just so gloomy outside, why go out? Boy have I been there. And shall be again I'm sure. I love to lounge I agree that this thread is fantastic. I also belong to one of the online Atkins forums. I like it quite a bit, but it doesn't have the same friendliness of this one. And there are a couple of people (not a lot) that are ready to pounce on you when you mess up. Or if you're not doing strict Atkins. Who needs that? I love the encouragement, support and advice I get here. In fact a couple of days ago I encouraged one of the members, who'd had a particularly bad slip up, to check us out. All she did was mess up, like we all do at times, and this jerk was going off on her. It was awful.

This weekend has been pretty good. Yesterday I wanted my husband's pizza so bad though. And I was soooo hungry. I told myself, "OK, I'm low carbing. I'll just take the pepperoni and cheese off the top and scrape off the pizza sauce.". I did it with one piece and it just made me want the pizza more. So I backed away from the pizza and made myself a salad. Whew!

Well, ladies, if I don't hear from you again, have a great day.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #112  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Wow Ladies, I have some catching up to do, forgive me for not doing personals yesterday. and today we had this gorgous thnderstorm that just kept rolling over head, yes computer was off for awhile although oops neither one of us turned it off so it had to do all those funny little checks again.

vacation starts on wednesday and I might have bitten off more than i can chew doing this last room as I still have one wall to repair, sand and even out ect. then the new floor and painting ect they say capricorns are stubborn. ah well. Took SO out for breakfast this morning to my favorite little restaurant, he wanted 3 eggs instead off 2, too funny I think they made him like 8. portion size is not in their vocabulary so i only go there about once every 2 months. i warned you i tend to babble

Amanda, I am amazed at your self control with snack foods. I personally don't like french fries and tried to stay away from high salt foods but those burgers get me once in awhile, usually the BK whopper, yep ever try to rationalize that it has tomatoes and onions and lettuce so it might be good? yep didn't sound good to me right now either but it really did at the time

Aqua I hope someday you can share one of your sketches with us, I am so unable to draw though i am fair with a needle for cross stitch or similiar things. that i guess is my canvas. next to the 6 or more scarves i make every year for coworkers. HOpe your weekend is going great anI agree with the laying in bed listening to the thunder , it is such a beautiful sound.

Danielle vacation in 3 days whoohoo, i am totally excited as if anyone an't guess I willbe counting down the hours soon. I must try and get out and take some pics before all the summer flowers are gone also. Most of my lillies are now in bloom. my favorite is still the stargazer though i think pixie lillies come in a close second. hmm not sure where that came from. Hope your weekend is giving you joy and fun times

Well ladies take care of yourselves. Looking forward to who is here to start the thread tomorrow.
Anna
Old 07-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #113  

Anna - I used to have self control like that. I'm trying now to get it back!
;-)
Old 07-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #114  

Ok, so I was just changing my shirt while sitting on the bed. With my shirt off I got a sideview of myself in the mirror and was disgusted. Flabs of fat everywhere. It made me want to give up and start eating. That sort of thing started for me about 60 pounds ago. I'd get a sideview, feel as if I'd never lose weight and eat a no-no. The first time it ever happened to me I was in a workout room that had mirrors everywhere.

Has that ever happened to any of you? I'm going to persevere this time, but something like that just makes it harder to stay positive.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #115  

Hey Amany!

Oh yeah baby it's happened to me!!! You feel like this is never gonna change, then you start telling yourself you like food anyway, and it goes step by step and emotion to emotion until you either consiously say !@#$ it, or you unconsiously run to your "so called best friend" for edible comfort. Mmmhhmmm. It is common, but so unhealthy and detrimental to our progress. In fact, like you said- 60 Lbs. later- meaning it may actually be the mindeset that sets you into a cycle to gain a significant amount of weight.

flawlesscube- You would really want to see those sketches? lol... maybe one day. I'm sure there is some magnificent artist floating around here somewhere and I'd probably embarass myself...lol...
Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #116  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Getting a late start today, I was up most of the wee hours because of our neighbors. I am very tired and VERY ANGRY!
Not sure what we're going to do, I just know that I am desperately tired of feeling so insecure in my own place!

Anna, I bet you can't wait for vacation! I think you will be able to accomplish alot with your remodel. One of those things, once you get going you can't stop...especially when it comes out gorgeous!! I'm jealous of your flowers! Living in the desert all we see alot of is cactus! I never was a good gardener, I think I killed more than I could preserve. Breakfast out sounded lovely today. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love breakfast out somewhere...something cozy about it all...smell of coffee and bacon...

Amanda, you sound great this afternoon! Why is it that whenever I get going with an eating plan, try to fly right, all of a sudden I want pizza desperately? I don't even really care for it all that much, but put me eating right and yep, I'll want it! Its the weirdest thing, but it also proves my theory that weight loss is ALL in the mind! Now, in regards to the mirror thing.....I flat out don't look in mirrors all that much. If you really wanna know...when I do my make-up it's with a really tiny mirror so I can only see the specific spot I'm working on...and as far as combing my hair or checking my clothes in a mirror? Its like I get invisible blinders on and when I'm blow drying my hair I focus only on that one spot and then only my head of hair once it's done..but never my face...and same for my body...only 1 spot at a time...isn't that unreal?! I've been doing this for years & years & years. My shrink claims I have a body-dismorphic disorder...but I dunno. Its the only way I can get ready ever and the thought of even looking at myself as a whole sends me into anxiety mode. Can you tell I would make a perfect candidate for "Bellvue"? I guess when you get right down to it, I just learned at an early age that I was fat, ugly, and not worth a whole lot so I learned to adapt in a way that would at least get me out the door each morning...do just enough to make sure my hair's not sticking up or no body parts hanging out. LOL Trying to practice each day on this, some are better than others...but I guess it's progress.
I think it's great that you were so aware when you were changing of exactly what was going on and are determined to beat it this time. You will do it too! You will lose weight and be successful at keeping it off. Look at all the brainpower you're using in causing awareness to what has failed you in the past. Good for for you!

Aqua, I do hope you're having another great afternoon!!! Yep, it's overcast again here and I am oh soooo sleepy! lol Here's to another great week!

Alrighty ladies, guess it's time for me to go and do something....what, I have no idea! I am so tired from being up most of the night that I can barely think clearly let alone actually accomplish something! Had a huge storm last night and today is still very cloudy and dark. Good movie watching day, huh? Maybe that's what I'll go do and say screw everything else?! Sounds good to me!

CBL!

♥danielle
Old 07-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #117  

Default Checking In

hi everyone,
Just a quick note, I have had a crazy weekend,,, never ending guests, a party, then more guest today.
I have not been eating too great, I have been soooo tired, to top it off. Sometimes I think that is my culprit.

It sounds like everyone is going great... thank you all for all your kinds words and words of wisdom.
I am so sorry that I am being so brief, but I really want to get to bed, so I can get up and walk in the morning.

Elycia: congrats on the power, I am so happy for you & your family. I also agree with you and Amanda about starting a weekly thread.

I really do enjoy this group. I also feel connected to you all. I found myself thinking of you guys all weekend. I promise to write more.

Also, ... to those of you going on vacation... enjoy. Have fun, even if you are working on a room in your home Anna, enjoy.

Good Night to you all,
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #118  

Lightbulb

Hey ladies! I just wanted to share an idea with you I found on line a few days ago. I thought about it, and I think it might be a refreshing new twist to add to my plan, maybe someone else would also like to try it out...

Basically, when you have an urge to eat something out of your schedule and plan.. such as, let's say- a candy bar... you take the $1.09 or however much it would cost you and put it in a jar or box. If it is a value meal from McDonald's put the $5 or $6 in there. Pretend you bought it. With time you will have a nest egg of money that will demonstrate not only how much you saved by not giving in- but it will be a testament to your will to lose these unwanted pounds. Then, the money you didn't spend on food could go to a smaller sized item of clothing- or if you're a cheapie like me- you could fill a few bags with goodies from the dollar store.

I bought a little wooden box today (from the dollar store...lol... ) and painted it, and wrote some of my favorite "diet sayings" on it, and have the intention to fill it when temptation strikes. I know I won't get to eat the food I'm obsessing over, but I will get to see the money accumulate in the box ( money that would have been wasted on empty calories anyway- be honest with yourself if you really would have spent it on the food), and as it accumulates I can get excited about not only avoiding gaining weight/not making progress, but I get to look forward to taking my stash to the dollar store at the end of the week and seeing how much I got to buy that I will actually get to keep for longer than a chew and a swallow!!! What a reward!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:35 PM   #119  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello all. So nice to see everyone. Amanda, you said it! It is nothing like being in your own home, in your own bed. ha ha ha We are still trying to get the girls back on schedule though. Taking them out of their usual environment for a week messed up their schedule, but we are working on it.

Merrick, what a nice thing to say. Thinking about the check-in. That is really nice. Don't be too hard on yourself about what you may have eaten this weekend. I have been reading this WW book lately and it indicated that a good idea is to have flexible restraint. Realize that sometimes you have to be flexible depending on your circumstances, however, always knowing in your mind that you are getting back to your plan as soon as possible. Of course, you wouldn't want to make that a constant cycle or you wouldn't get anywhere, but I think it is trying to say that you can't be too rigid or you can be setting yourself up for failure. It has been a good read so far.

Aqua, that sounds like a great idea. Sounds like a good way to save up some money for clothes. Awww, in my thinner days I was such a clothes horse. I was so into fashion. Anyways, that sounds like a great suggestion, thanx for sharin'.

Well, I better go to bed. I have an interview in the morning for a part time job. I hope that it works out. Things have been kinda tight lately, so it would help alot if I could add to the family income. Well, you ladies take care and I will see ya tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:52 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Hi everyone,

Mind if I join you all?? I have A LOT of weight to lose, so thought I should just hop on in and start getting involved with everything - the support will be appreciated for sure!

I started my new "diet" a few days ago and have lost 5 lbs so far (most is water weight Im sure), so am pleased with that. Cant wait to get to know everyone!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread