Old 01-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #31  

Elliptical: 5 miles in 44min 22sec. That is my best time ever for 5 miles. That averages out to be 8.84 minutes per mile. I had Sarah on the brain so that really motivated me to push it harder. I think that is the most effort I have ever put in a workout. Hurts when you are doing it but nothing can compare to how good it feels when you are done.

Dana, I think tomorrow morning I am going to do a morning weigh. I'll let you know if I am seeing a difference. My night weigh is 195 so I am betting I will see a nice difference when I weigh in the morning.

Great job you all. Lots of exercising going on today.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #32  
Learning to love ME!

Yesterday morning I did step aerobics, last night I did the Method show (it was arms) and my pilates ab routine.

This morning I had no energy, but I did my step aerobics tape anyway. Yay me! I really need to get a new one to keep my interested.

Moonpuppy, you don't have to be thin to do pilates! It's very hard at first, especially when you've recently had a baby, but within a couple weeks, you'll be amazed at your ab strength. Up until 4 years ago, I did pilates regularly, and I weighed about 205. No one ever believed I weighed that much--they would guess about 150!!! I attributed it to pilates. I'm hoping to get similar results now.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Tammy - You always do so well on your workouts. You really motiavte me. Thanks .
Sarah is such a wonderful and strong person. She's a fighter and I know we'll be seeing her post of but kicking workouts soon. It would be so nice if someday we could all get together.

Now for my workout I still haven't changed it. I found that WATP has been so good to me that it's hard for me to not do it even if sometimes I'm bored with it at times. Today was a kickbutt workout. Don't you just love when your full of energy and kick it the whole time!! Wish it was always like this.
3 Mile WATP
2 Mile WATP
1 Mile WATP
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Ah, today was a real you-know-what. I moved boxes up and down the street and up and down stairs and organized stuff for 7 hours straight. I already feel it in my legs and butt. I was really proud of myself though, I was holding my own against one of my neighbors who plays football and carrying things that were just as heavy. I might not have lost much weight but I definitely wouldn't have been able to do this a year ago, so I'm pretty psyched.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #35  

Bike: 2.50 miles
Elliptical: 3 miles in 29 minutes (cardio)

I had a real hard time today. Like a real idiot I went to the gym on an empty stomach. I know some of you can and do for HIIT, but I learned today that I can't. I could tell right from the beginning that it did not feel right. I was really having a hard time of it. I got to three miles, and I could not do another minute. I got off the elliptical and almost fell. Right away I could tell that my blood sugar was way to low. I had a Special K bar in the car and some banana chips. I wolfed them down. When my blood sugar is really low I cram everything in sight into my mouth. I'm glad I had healthy things around. Had I not had food in the car there is no way I could have drove home. Anyways, I really have to watch that, one of these days it is going to drop to low. Chalk it up to a huge lesson learned on my part.

Dana, sounds like you got a great workout. I know it feels great for you to realize that you are in such good shape. I know I can sure tell the difference in how I feel now as opposed to when I started this.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ooh, Tammy, that doesn't sound good. I prefer not eating when I lift weights, but definitely eating something before water aerobics. Like you, I learned the hard way on both!

4 miles WATP (actually 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the afternoon)
20 min. stretching
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #37  
Ready to take care of me!

I cannot workout with an empty stomach either. I tried after reading that it really targets fat but like you, Tammy, I felt horrible and weak. I will not do that again. I try to eat right before and I have so much energy.

I did 40 mins on treadmill today

What does WATP mean?
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:36 PM   #38  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm getting back into the swing of things, today I did 40 minutes of weight lifting (back and biceps) and then did 10 minutes on the elliptical.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:56 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Tammy, that's really scary. Lesson learned for sure! Something similar happened the first time I worked out with a trainer- I overslept and rushed to get there, figuring it wouldn't matter- big mistake! It's tricky to know when to eat when you're planning on working out. Good thing you had that snack in the car.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #40  
Learning to love ME!

This morning I overslept (ds was up until after 11 last night), so I only had time to do my pilates ab workout. Still, I did something. If ds goes to bed at his usual time tonight, I'm hoping to squeeze in a power yoga session. I might try to take a lunchtime walk, but it's so horribly cold here today-I'm not sure how long I'll last.

Tammy, I feel for you with your blood sugar drop! I've been able to do my workout without any problems if I do it as soon as I get up, but in the past I've had similar blood sugar drops. I always get a migraine after my blood sugar goes back up--it's a horrendous experience.

It sounds like we're all doing well! Keep up the good work.

Moonpuppy, WATP means "Walking Away the Pounds" or is it "Walk Away the Pounds," a video workout series. I've never done it, but many people love it.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #41  

Tammy - Don't be so hard on yourself. You did workout and you had healthy snacks in your car. That's a huge plus! Eating can really make a difference. I also think that what you eat has a huge effect on how good of workout one has. Take for instants yesterday with me. I had a small bow of oatmeal yesterday. (Usually I just grab a handfull of trail mix.) I had one of my best workouts. I try to eat 1/2 before my workout. That seems to work out best for me. I think the oats were power food.

nelie - It's nice to see your post. Are you doing South Beach? Reason I ask is my sister is interested in it.

Gypsydancer - That is great getting your workout in. I know somedays just slip by and before one knows it's time for bed.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:32 AM   #42  
Fat N Sassy

Last night I made it to 12 minutes on the treadmill, at this rate I might actually make it to 15 minutes before the end of Phase I.
kkayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #43  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Howie and I walked yesterday. We got most of the way around the block, but his back was hurting and we took a short cut through the alley. That's more than we've done in ages!

I lost weight this week -- 8lbs, from 254 to 246. It really has helped me to keep that food diary and measure my portions. Whee! Howie weighed at the doctor's and we figured out my MIL's scale weighs 3lbs heavier than the one at our doctor's office.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #44  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mez, I was doing South Beach but currently I am doing Nutrisystem for a couple months and then I plan to go back to South Beach. I do highly recommend South Beach.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:21 PM   #45  

kkayp - Your doing great!!

Gardenwife - I can't wait til the hubby and I can go for walks. I'm sorry to hear about Howies back. I bet it felt great getting out there and walking after such a long time.
Congrats on the great weight loss. That kind of loss is wishful thinking for me. I only seem to lose 1 or 2 lbs at a time.

Nellie thanks. I recall you talking about SB when I found 3FC. I gave my sister the 3FC URL and hopefully she'll be joining us.