Old 07-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Red face It's amazing how...

It's amazing to me how quickly your body adapts to a lifestyle change. What I mean by this is that just from changing your eating habits for 1 month, your body then learns to reject the "bad stuff".

I have cut out all greasy fried foods and regular pop. Last night, I was having such a bad craving for a burger and friends (gf's bbq was cancelled), that I conciously decided that I would allow it, and just enjoy that treat!

So, I went to Wendy's and ordered a Classic Single (no cheese, no mayo), a Large Fries and a Regular Coke. It sure tasted good going down and satisfied my craving, however afterwards I felt GROSS!! I had the worst stomach ache for the rest of the evening and just felt so weighted down.

Makes me realize how much better I feel eating good (not just the weight loss), and how quickly our body rejects the bad stuff... This experience will definetly keep me away from fried foods again for a while... I don't know how I used to eat this crap so often...

Just my 2cents... Have you guys had similar experiences?
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:14 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I feel really good even after a couple of days of just eating really healthy though I could still eat a big mac anytime! Maybe if I eat really well for as long as a month I'll have the same experience.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:40 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yes.

I still have my trigger foods (mac and cheese, spaghetti & meatballs) that I can eat an obscene amount of, and NOT feel gross. These are the foods to watch out for, for me. I know that. And knowing is half the battle.

But yeah, when I've been eating clean for a few weeks & try to have a "treat", it never works out the way I thought it would. It's almost as if my body says, "Excuse me? What's this? We don't eat *this* anymore. What were you thinking? It's time for me to retaliate!"

The only thing I can handle w/o too much of a backlash is a kiddie meal from a fast food place. Or the chili, a salad, yogurt fruit parfait, y'know, a healthy choice.

So yeah, you're not alone.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

celina, i'm totally having one of those right now. we're having a barbecue, and i ate pretty well but then had a piece of ice cream cake and a cookie. i mean, i haven't been TOO bad, and i didn't even eat all that much, but now i have a huge tummyache.
I KNOW it's a good thing, though.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:33 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Oh, yeah! Two such occassions come to mind. The first was when I was in boot camp. We couldn't have any junk food until the beginning of our fifth week there, when we could finally go to the "geedunk" machine and buy a candy bar. I ate a Snicker's bar after a month of no junk and by the time I was done, I was ready to puke.

The second time was a few years ago. I'd been eating fairly cleanly for a few months, then my mom came to visit and I didn't plan well. After eating junk junk junk for two weeks, I felt like I'd been poisoned or something.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:21 PM   #6  
missaprylj

I understand!

I ate really crappy Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... (but *NOT* today! I'm squashing the desire to just be like "hey, I'll start again when school starts" and I'm so proud of myself.) Anyway, after a long weekend of CRAP, that's exactly what I feel like!!!

You know, they do say:
"You are what you eat" I think that applies here, it should be "You feel like what you eat"