Old 04-12-2004, 09:45 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default 4/12 chatter

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Well, I lived through the holiday! Jacob had a great Easter.

I have been reading alot of stuff on weight loss lately. It kinda made me wonder what I am looking for. I already have all the answers, why am I so drawn to more info on diet / nutrition / exercise. Somewhere in my head, do I think that I am going to find the magic answer that will just *poof* make the weight go away??

Here is a picture of my family on Easter that I wanted to share.

Last edited by Sandi; 10-07-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

what a beautiful family photo Sandi!!! Get that one framed
We need to take more family photos. No matter how I look!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:09 AM   #3  

I can relate. It seems I am always looking up something to do with fitness or nutrition. I think maybe I think that I am missing some information somewhere, but I know better. I am quite imformed already as to what I need to be doing. Still, does not keep me from looking more. Guess it keeps us up to date though..heh

All last week my kids were out from school. I hate to say it, but I am glad that they are going back to school today and that my normal routine will be back.

Thanks for sharing the pic. It is very nice!! Have a very good week everyone. Hopefully it won't be to crazy.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:57 PM   #4  

Sandi- I still look up everything I can on nutrition too, like I'm going to magically find something new that makes the whole process easier. Even now, that I'm not actively trying to lose more, just maintain. But I think you can never be too informed about something you're really interested in. And getting healthy is a great thing to be interested in!!

Tammy- I can totally relate about getting the kiddos back to school! My daughter was home last week for Spring Break as well, and as much as I love her I have to say it will be nice to have things back to normal now.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #5  
missaprylj

I sucked it up over the holiday. I ate more CRAP than at Christmas. What was I thinking? Grrrrrrrrr. OK, back on. Calorie counting starts, wish me luck.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:23 PM   #6  

I can definitely relate to that reading everything on weight loss activity! I am pretty well informed too, and still keep reading. But I think for me its less about looking for magic answers.....I know there aren't any......and more about reminding me that lots of people struggle with this particular issue! I also find that reading about all the wonderful nutritional benefits of eating healthy, non-processed food makes me much more interested in eating it! Mind you, I do have to read about these things......I managed to reach the grand old age of 37 without really learning to cook....so over the past year or so I have been teaching myself....its scary, really, turning into this person who cooks and exercises...(not simultaneously, of course!)
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:13 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have always been up on the latest articles on nutrition and excercise. I remember in a health class in high school we were studying the nutrition and the fat cell and I knew all the answers. I just thought it was common knowledge but it turns out it's not!

Sometimes I think about all the extra time I would have if I wasn't so preoccupied with this stuff. I once heard a woman say that when she had conquered her weight problem she couldn't believe how much time she had to OTHER stuff than dwell on her issues. That idea amazes me.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:20 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I find that when I go to seminars, etc about healthy eating or weight loss, it's a waste of time b/c I know everything that the speaker is telling us. It's not new information. But I can still raise my hand & ask questions, and that makes it worthwhile.

I need to get back to the gym. Today's a beautiful day, would rather be outside, but know I need to lift again. Maybe I'll do both?

How is everyone else doing?
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote