Old 01-20-2022, 12:53 PM   #16  
Gizmo

RunningRedHead a huge congratulations on your engagement! I am so happy for you! Love is grand! ❤️

I’m just lurking and not posting at the moment, because I am not in the best head space, but I wanted to comment on this wonderful news 🙂
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hey Martine!! I am so glad you checked in! I have been wondering about you and William. I hope you start posting again soon.

KStrong The scale fairy finally cooperated, huh? LOL So happy for you!! I have been lucky that at the same time I wanted to lose weight my mom has too. She is the shopper not me. She has tons of clothes!! She started off as an XL and is now a medium. I can now wear her "before" clothes so I have lots. Any that are in great shape I donate.
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Kayla: Congratulations on your engagement! Time sure does fly; it seems like yesterday that you started dating your fiancée. What a truly romantic proposal. One for the ages! I may have missed it but do you have a wedding date set?

Martine: So happy to see you popping in and posting even for a bit. Know that you are missed and ready to have you back when you're ready.

KStrong: I really appreciate your yoga/balance updates. They remind me that there are many ways to measure success and progress. Oh, and Columbia makes some stylish coats and jackets. A little something extra to put the spring in your step.

loganandlivsmom: How cool that you and your mom can share clothes! Have you both been working the same plan? I've been purging here and there but haven't gotten as far as donating. I need to find out who's accepting clothes in our area.
I hope everyone's had a great weekend and that the week is off to a great start. This weekend I got my hair cut and colored and I can't tell you what a mood and energizer it has been. Today marks my last week of working remotely. Our university is set to resume in-person work and classes next week. I think we're all looking forward to it. The beautiful weather we've been having for the last week has allowed for some great walks and hikes. It's rare when you can't get outside for a walk in Northern California, but it's always better when temps are ideal and the sun is out. Kayla, I wish I could send some of it out your way!

Happy Monday!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Thank you! We just put our deposit down on a venue for Dec. 23, this year! So glad to hear you get to return to in-person operations at your university—it really has helped all the difference where I am!

Martine: Thank you so much for the congratulations and I’m so glad to see you check in! I hope all is well and if you ever need to vent, know that we’re here!

KStrong: I didn’t know that’s how Madonna got all her muscles—makes sense! I’d kill for her arms I had tried doing yoga to DVDs and YouTube videos previously, but it wasn’t until going to an actual in-studio class with a good friend that I felt like I was getting the benefit. The irony is that friend now does all of her workouts at home 5 weeks on plan without a slip up is a fantastic accomplishment—way to go!

Loganandlivsmom: Way to go reaching the 75-pound-down milestone! How does it feel?!

Thank you, everyone, for the congratulations—we’re so very excited! It’s only Tuesday, but I’m on track with nutrition, hydration, and walking so far this week. I was worried I’d fall off the wagon early because of how busy everything is getting, but we meal prepped and I budgeted time to exercise. It helps that fiancé is doing keto with me and the days have been lighter longer, so going for walks together when he gets out of work have been an option. I will say that I envy his metabolism, we eat the same foods (in appropriate portions for our respective goals), yet he’s lost 10 pounds already! At this point, I'll be happy to get back into the 220s this month and will aim for the 210s, by the end of March

SW: 228.5
1/14: 229.2
GW: 219

Week 3:
1/15: 230.5 (+0.7)
1/16: 232.0 (+1.5)
1/17: 234.1 (+2.1)
1/18: 235.4 (+1.3)
1/19: 233.5 (-1.9)
1/20: NWI
1/21: 234.4 (+0.9)
Week 4:
1/22: 235.8 (+1.4)
1/23: 234.3 (-1.5)
1/24: 231.5 (-2.8)
1/25: 231.5 (+/-0)
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:44 AM   #20  

I didn’t do yoga or walk the dogs yesterday, but I did meet my 14k step goal walking around campus and a neighboring campus for rehearsal. I also did a lot of at-work squats when I went around to fill in the seating charts (yay covid). Plan for today is to get in a lot of work from home, a walk with the pups, meet virtually with a photographer, and meet an old friend and her beau for dinner.

1/14: 229.2

Week 4:

1/26: 230.9 (-0.6)
Old 01-26-2022, 02:05 PM   #21  

Good morning

Kayla: A Christmas/winter wedding! What a beautiful time of year. Like you, when I'm on campus my step count increases significantly. And walking is always great exercise whether as first-choice or fall back. Ain't that the truth regarding men's and women's metabolism?! A few years ago I participated in a health and wellness program one of my staff did six months before I did. One of the first and only changes he made was to stop eating lunch out and walking regularly. That's it. No extreme dietary changes, no power walking. The weight just dropped off. No lie! Frustrating and Enjoy your day. Sounds like it's going to be a busy one but fun!

KStrong: I love weights and lifting. I never felt more healthy, strong, and streamlined as when I was lifting regularly. Madonna's body transformation, particularly in her early years was amazing. I agree, she was never fat but she had a little fluff early on but then over the course of a couple of years she became strong and lean and has pretty much stayed that way. Very impressive! Your comment about falling when it's least convenient and far from home made me laugh because I can relate. While I'm not prone to falling, when I do, it typically resembles your description.
Not much to report today. A question for the thread: How do you decide which clothes you keep when you purge? Aside from items that are worn out and things you'll donate, how do you make decisions about clothes you still like but can't currently wear because they are too small? Is the decision just to donate/give away, or do you put an "expiration date" on keeping them? Any feedback/ideas are welcome.

Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-26-2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Cool

Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hi!

KStrong The feeling is sort of surreal isn't it? You can believe it but you also can't believe it (wearing the medium jackets). I still sometimes can't wrap my head around about a year and a half ago I was in the 24's and the plus size section and now am wearing my 16's and even looking now to the 14's for the future. Congrats on the 163's. Since you are so close to your ideal weight each pound is going to be more of a challenge. I am using my new favorite phrase lately..."we can do hard things."

RunningRedHead I can only say it feels again like I said to KStrong, surreal. I can tell you a sort of funny story from yesterday. I was getting my truck repaired and had to wait (we only have one vehicle) and while waiting a while I looked down at my legs with my smaller jeans on. I thought "wow my thighs look small." I know they aren't small really, but much smaller than I think of them being I guess. It is sort of a mind game. In the past I have lost 50 pounds a few times, but lost fast and gained it back just as fast. This time has been longer and slower so it's a different experience for sure. Wishing the same results for you as well!

Curvynotlumpy My mom is Keto and I am vegan so basically polar opposites. I have been vegetarian for 30 years. My daughter is a teenager and decided to become vegetarian and now vegan for more than a year. She has had me become vegan as well. It has sort of helped. There are more and more vegan prepared foods now but nowhere near as many as there are vegetarian (with cheese). As to your question on what to keep and donate? I really didn't have many smaller clothes when I started losing this time. I donated any in good condition as I've lost weight. The only smaller ones I've really had have been my mom's. She started as an XL and I started like a 2x-3x. I had to lose quite a bit to get to where she was starting.
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:49 AM   #23  
Believe

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. I realize as I am trying to do things on my own it is not working. I really need this group. Thanks for being here. I will read the posts and get caught up. There are so many great things and doing nothing isn't working for me. I was going to sign up for WW but decided I would try eating more healthy foods. I have been walking everyday. I have been walking 5000 steps and once I do that consistently I will increase it. It has been so cold here so I walk indoors right now. Hopefully I can get outside to walk soon. I realize I need to spend winters somewhere warm. Wishful thinking.
I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for being here.
Take Care
Ann
AnnC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:24 PM   #24  

Welcome Ann! Happy to have you here and glad you found us. I had a friend who at one time was a counselor for WW and what I've always appreciated about their plans is how human and real they are. My friend used to do weekly sessions with participants and she'd bring in articles, recipes, teach the ins and outs of food labels, etc. She also happened to be getting her PhD in Nutrition so that was an added bonus. With that stated, I've never done an organized program and there's so much good information out there regarding nutrition and exercise, that creating your own program is easily done if you give yourself grace and patience. A poster on a different thread often made the comment that we are all an experiment of one, and she's absolutely correct. Hopefully the weather will ease up and get a bit warmer so you can get outside.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #25  

Good morning . Just a quick stop to wish everyone a good and productive day. Happy Friday!
Old 01-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #26  
Believe

Good morning All. I hope everyone is doing well with the choices they are making and getting back on their plan if they are having slip ups. I was doing well and had a slip up and then avoiding coming to 3FC. It made it worse, I had no accountability. By posting here, I am hoping it helps me to stay on track and when I do slip or get off track, I get back on.

Curvy - Thanks for the welcome and the info. I do appreciate it.

Wishing you are all able to post you have good information and I need it. I decided to write a list of what I am currently eating and then go from there. My weigh in day will be Friday. How do I put a ticker at the bottom?
I was thinking of drinking a liter of water each day. Any thoughts if that would be okay or if I will need more. I do need all the help I can get. I think I wanted to lose weight quickly but it is better to aim for 1 pound a week.
Thank you to everyone that has posted previously, it was a lot of good information.
Have a great weekend.
Ann

Old 01-28-2022, 02:06 PM   #27  

Ann: I don't know how long you've been on 3FC but there is a 20 post/20 day rule before you can create a ticker. I'm including link where this is discussed . I created my tracker in Ticker Factory, tickerfactory.com. Once you create it go to User CP (top of the page, far left corner) and scroll down to Edit Signature. Here you can cut and paste the link to the ticker you created. Hope this helps!

Regarding water, a liter is is a little over 4 cups which is a good start but you'll want to drink more to keep your hydration levels up especially once you start moving more. My guess is that you'll be thirsty and want to drink more water. Also, water helps with digestion and is good for your skin. With that stated, I need to take my own advice on this as I don't drink enough water on a daily basis and I'm working on this as well. For some folks, drinking water throughout the day comes naturally. I usually wait until I'm thirsty which means I can go hours without ever thinking about it. A very bad habit! One thing I'm experimenting with is setting a goal of drinking more water each week and gradually increasing it. At this point, I'm not measuring how much, just that I'm drinking water throughout the day to form a new habit. Something like this may work for you too if you struggle. And if not, that's a bonus! Good luck.

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 01-28-2022 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:32 AM   #28  

Just a quick check-in for me this morning. Welcome to the thread, Ann, you’ve come to the right place!

1/21: 234.4

Week 4:

1/26: 230.9 (-0.6)
1/27: 231.0 (+0.1)
1/28: 231.0 (+/-0)
Total for week 4: -3.4
Total for January: +2.5
Final days:
1/29: 230.7 (-0.3)
Old 01-29-2022, 07:44 PM   #29  
Believe

Hello everyone. I have had a very busy day. It is good because it kept me on track today. I want to grab some chips but I think I will go brush my teeth and state the kitchen is closed. Nothing tastes good with toothpaste. I did my steps and I need to drink more water.
Curvy, thanks for the info on the ticker. Have a great weekend.
RunningRedHead, Thanks for the welcome. I hope your weekend is going well. Did you get that storm I saw was coming up the Eastern United States. I hope if you are you stay indoors and stay safe.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and praying everyone is safe from the storm.
Take Care
Ann
Old 01-30-2022, 04:17 PM   #30  
Believe

Hello Everyone. I slept late today and it was working to my benefit so far. I had breakfast at 12 and I am not looking to eat yet. This is good on a Sunday. For some reason I feel like I should hibernate and stay indoors and eat. During the week I have a routine of walking right away on Sunday I walk later in the day. Well I guess I just figured out how to change it up. Walk early on Sunday too.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day and may you all have a great week.