Old 10-13-2020, 05:43 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Moo31: Welcome to 3FC and to this thread! We are thrilled to have you here.

My condolences on the loss of your father. It's hard to lose a parent. I've lost both of mine and while it's been several years since I lost my dad, (my mom passed in 2001) I feel his and their loss every day. Good and bad days are to be expected but I'm positive that your dad would be filled with pride that you are prioritizing your health.

Shaybelle: Been there, done that! I hope you ate well and enjoyed it. Sounds like you are already back into focus mode.

madwomanwu: Everybody's fine line is different but I don't think you can underestimate the role stress plays on us due to our current situation. It's very real and sustained. We all process and deal with it and other stressors differently. The very fact that you're here and working on an eating plan says that you are prioritizing you health. Tell you a secret, one of things I'm wrapping my head around is not using this time to my advantage. I work from home three days a week and on a college campus that has a beautiful Arboretum. I know folks have lost weight and got in shape during COVID, but has this chick...nope!

By the way, one of my fantasy careers is to work in a a university library. Do you enjoy your work? And yes, you need adequate food to focus.

gzgrl22: I'm glad you mentioned the missing faces. I've been thinking about those folks as well.
Have a great time on your quilting date! That sounds like fun!
It's a beautiful, day here in Northern California. Working from home and pretty uneventful day.

Enjoy your evening!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:51 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Checking in. Feelin okay. Just trying to hang in there.

Thanks for the great feedback.
Have a good week everyone.

madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 160/154.6/130

Height: 5'7''

curvynotlumpy- Thank you for the kind words, and I'm sorry for your loss as well. It's truly an unexplainable feeling to lose a parent, I would best describe it as a void in life that won't ever completely be filled the same way again. While I do miss him every day, it does get easier over time to accept that he is gone and be at peace with it.

By the way, very neat that you work at a college! I never went to college after high school, and decided to use this time to kick start finally getting my degree! My official enrollment date is actually today!

Still home sick today, my husband gave me his cold Haven't exercised since getting sick, but I think I will try to do some light yoga today, as I'm finally feeling a bit better. Other than that, just researching recipes and trying to meal plan for the rest of the week!

Have a great day everyone!

PS. Can someone please explain to me how to upload my profile picture! Every time I try to upload a picture, it gives me an error message. Is it something I'm specifically doing, does anyone know?

Last edited by Moo31; 10-14-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Moo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #49  

Moo31: Thank you for your condolences. I agree, time doesn't eliminate the pain but it can help ease it.

Happy enrollment day! Two things you'll never regret are prioritizing your health and continuing with your education. I am fortunate to work with a fair number of non-traditional students, 25+ years and older, and student parents. Education means something very different when you return or begin college after having lived some life. Students bring a different level of focus, determination, and seriousness to the classroom and their studies. You're going to knock it out of the park.
I'm working in the office today, tomorrow, and Friday. I found this YouTube station called Calmed by Nature and I've had Rainy Night Coffee Shop Ambience playing in the background all day. I really like coffee shops and coffee shop music and these particular mixes soothe me.

Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Happy Hump Day!
Old 10-15-2020, 09:48 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! I am finally below my initial October goal again. It's 249.8, but I will take it!! The other good news is my husband has decided he wants to lose weight too.

Moo- Welcome! I am sorry about your dad. I am sure he would want you to take care of yourself. Posting here does seem to help keep me focused with other like minded people.

Madamwu I have had issues with posting too. It's frustrating!

Thanks for all the support and advice, I hope everyone has a great day!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #51  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Popping in for a super quick update. I'm in one of my stages where I seem to fluctuate in the same pound or two range for a couple weeks at a time, but I'm staying on track so -- even though it's been a slow month this round -- I know a drop is coming eventually. Staying the course until that happens, and I'm hoping you're all doing well...and, hello and welcome to both the new and returning posters as well!

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 253.6/191.8/169

Height: 5'7"

Opheliaphoenix - glad to see you popping in
livandlogansmom - great that your hubby is wanting to join you - makes it easier in so many ways (but I hate that they always lose faster)
MadameWu - Hang in there--
Moo - I started college after high school and did not finish. I went back in my late 30s (distance learning mostly but some on campus) And I found I enjoyed the classes much more. I was old enough to be more relaxed about school, and at the same time more conscientious -- having lived a lot of real life puts you in a whole different place. Hoping you have a similar experience with school. With posting a picture, I think I had problems with the size -- it had to be a really small pic. Try making yours smaller by resizing it in your photo app. Fingers crossed
curvy - love the thoughtful way you respond to everyone, just sayin.... I am so with you on the coffee shop thing. I remember taking tasks like addressing Christmas cards or writing papers for school to the coffee shop, finding a comfy chair and sipping a cappuccino as I listened to soft jazz while working --- makes the job soooo much easier. Plus an occasional friend would wander in to break up the work.

Had 2 lovely days of quilting and catching up with each other. Ate clean, did get in a 3+ mile walk on one day and some shopping yesterday. Arrived home to make an anniversary dinner for DH and I (37 years) of crab cakes and steak. And I got him some ice cream for dessert --something neither of us needs so I rarely buy it. At this stage and with COVID, a quite nice dinner is enough. Then we watched a movie together. Nothing crazy.

Up early this morning and anxious to get going to finish the quilt project I was working on. Gray day but hoping to get in both an upper body workout and a walk today..

gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:06 PM   #53  

opheliaphoenix: Nice to see you. Maintaining is not gaining so that's an accomplishment on it's own!

gzgrl22: Thank you for the lovely compliment. Honestly, before coming to 3FC, I never quite understood when folks talked about being part of online communities. Now I do and enjoy and appreciate how folks share in this space. Friends support friends, right?
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! A 37 year long adventure deserves to be celebrated in a special way, and your steak and crab cake dinner sounds perfect!

loganandlivsmom: Congratulations on seeing a new low! Having your DH on board is an awesome level of support. Clearly, he has noticed what this journey is doing for you and wants to take this journey with you. A very loving gesture.
I'm so glad it is Friday. It's been a long week. Yesterday I went to my new dentist and the good news is he and the office staff are very thorough and nice. The bad news is that he found 4 things that need to be corrected/fixed while doing the initial assessment. While I do have dental insurance it will only cover partial expenses (happy to have it though). We discussed prioritizing the order of the work and there really is only one thing that should be done now. The rest I'm going to have do in stages or win the lottery. It sounds like a lot but he said overall, things looked good. Next Friday they'll do the prep for a new crown on my upper right molar, and then I'll have it put on in early November.

Tomorrow I have a chat scheduled with a good friend I went to graduate school with. We text all the time and speak via phone every 2-3 months. It will be nice to catch up.

Have a great evening and welcome to the weekend!
Old 10-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #54  

Happy Friday Everyone!

Curvynotlumpy- I totally agree, and that's one of the main reasons why I never decided to go to university immediately after high school. I had no idea what I wanted, and needed to experience more life before deciding. My dream is to get my bachelor's degree in what's called the corrective behaviors program, which will help towards my goal of becoming a substance abuse counselor/social worker. My father was an addict, and he gave me the passion to help others that struggled with the same things that he did.

I love a good coffee shop inspired music station! They always make me feel so cozy and content! I seriously cannot wait for fall/winter to truly set in where I live! I'm in a high dessert area, so we have sweltering 120 degree summers.

Sorry about needing the crown! I used to work in dental, so I definitely understand how overwhelming it can be when someone hands you a list of a bunch of things that you need done! Sounds like you're definitely doing the right thing though by getting that handled sooner rather than later! Hope the rest of your week otherwise was good!

Loganandlivsmom- Thank youI definitely agree, it's nice to know that other people are on this path with me. Congrats on all that you've achieved, and that's great about your husband! It definitely helps because you have someone to motivate you, and he won't be tempting you with unhealthy food all the time too!

OpheliaPhoenix- Good for you! Hovering at a weight and not seeing much change can definitely be frustrating, but hang in there and keep your positivity! You're doing great!

Gzgrl22- Thank you so much for the tech advice! I will definitely give that a try, it was driving me crazy not being able to upload the pic! Congrats on your anniversary! It's rare to find a love that lasts 37 years, so that's definitely something to be proud of. I actually just got married in September, any words of wisdom from the expert?

As for me, I went on a nice 3 mile hike yesterday with my friend! It feels good to finally be getting fit again. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm already down 2.4 lbs! It's nice getting validation that dedication and hard work pay off.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 10-17-2020, 08:04 PM   #55  
Gizmo

Just a quick check-in for me. After 4 days of finishing late at work and not finding energy to exercise, even going to bed at 7:30pm, I have started a 2-week staycation today, which I felt was much needed. I took it easy all day today, but finally around 7:15pm I talked myself into completing my workout. Enough is enough.

I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying a great first half of their weekend!
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:13 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 253.6/191.8/169

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. Weight holding but my exercise efforts have been off for a couple of days due to going away and wanting to finish this darn quilt project but I hope to correct that today. I did get in 3 miles yesterday but no weights.
Martine - hoping you get thru the first couple of days and get your groove back. Thats all it takes so, you have got this!
Moo31 - Try not to go to bed mad, pick your battles, and both of you be willing to apologize when needed. One thing-- in 37 years we have never called names, swore, or brought up past events in an argument. It has worked so far.
curvy - glad you found a good dentist (honestly a good hairstylist & dentist and painless hygienist are like the 3 most important people to have on your list, LOL so at least you have a good dentist checked off and hopefully your recent haircut means you have a good stylist too. Sorry about the crown and other dental work though---not fun. Not fun at all.
gzgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 264/149.4/140

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone!
I am happy to report the scale is slowly but surely moving down! I am trying to think of it as smart losing this time. In the past I could lose 50 pounds in six months but basically I didn't learn anything from it and just ate what I wanted and gained it all back and then some within a year or so. What good is it to lose super fast and then regain it again? It's so self defeating! My hubby is still super on board with weight loss. He realized he was higher than his previous high weight. His shirts he recently bought felt too snug, his jeans. etc...were the same.

gzgrl22 Happy Anniversary to you! It sounds like you had a nice evening, restaurant or not! You are right about men losing faster, it's true. He can just "decide" to start losing weight and it just disappears! LOL I still am impressed with your exercise. I need to work on that. I have been happy with my walking 30 minutes. To me, you are still the exercise queen!

Martine Enjoy your two weeks off!! Make sure you find ways to pamper yourself. Anything like taking a bubble bath, paint your nails, sometimes those simple things can really make us happy.

Moo31 Congrats on the weight loss! You are right about my husband not tempting me, it does make it much easier. He all of a sudden cares about calories. "I wonder how many calories were in my bacon double cheese burgers from Wendys?" LOL

curvynotlumpy Thanks for all your support! Having my husband on board is great! He is doing it for himself too. He doesn't like he hit his own personal high and his clothes not fitting etc...Ugg on the dentist. It's one of my real anxieties. I know it's not like that for everyone though! Good luck!!

opheliaphoenix Hang in there! It looks like you have lost quite a bit! That is so great!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #58  

Happy Monday Everyone

I have been asking my hubby to help me exercise the past few days (he power lifts, so naturally he is a great personal trainer for me lol) and he has been KILLING me I am SO SORE! But I know that's good and even though it's painful, it definitely makes me feel accomplished! I did weigh myself yesterday and the scale did not change so I was a bit discouraged, but I know it could also be due to muscle gain from those intense workouts. Trying to stay positive and persistent with my healthy eating habits. There is a spot in town that has a massively tall set of outdoor stairs that I'm supposed to climb tomorrow with a girlfriend, so we'll see how that goes considering I can barely walk today hehe

Other than that, went to the pumpkin patch this weekend with some friends and had a pumpkin carving contest afterwards at our house. I love this time of the year

Martine- Good for you for still having the willpower to exercise after a long and exhausting day! Not sure if your situation would permit this, but have you thought about waking up earlier and exercising before work? I know it sounds awful, I just know that when I've done it I've felt pretty energized throughout my day and then I can come home and just relax!

Gzgrl22- That's great advice, thank you! It is important to always keep respect a high priority in a relationship

Loganandlivsmom- Thank you and congrats to yourself too! That sounds like a great approach, I've done that too and it's the worst always being in a weight-loss/weight-gain limbo and never just maintaining. That's how I'm trying to approach it too this time and actually make lifestyle changes instead of temporary changes. Once you start eating clean and paying attention, it really shocks you just how unhealthy everything is!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their day!
Old 10-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #59  
Gizmo

Moo31 how wonderful that your husband has agreed to coach you in strength training. My husband coaches me by reminding me to work out Soreness is a sure sign you are working hard, but please make sure to not work those muscles again until they are not sore. And don't look at the scale at this time. Strength training definitely creates some water retention, so the numbers are off for sure.

To answer your question, I used to exercise early in the mornings, first thing after waking up, but since I have been struggling with sleep, I decided to stay in bed in the mornings and now exercise after work. I usually am full of energy after sitting at a desk all day, but last week I knew I was going on vacation and wanted to wrap everything up, to avoid leaving my colleague in a bind, so I stayed later than usual and was just mentally exhausted from work, and physically exhausted from lack of sleep, so no working out under those conditions.

loganandlivsmom happy for you that the scale is moving in the right direction and that your husband is jumping on board with weight loss as well. It always makes it more motivating when two people share the same goals. And seeing this weight loss journey as a learning process this time around means a greater chance of making it a lifestyle change for the long haul.

gzgrl22 a huge on celebrating 37 years of mariage! A nice meal and a movie sounds like my kind of celebration to be honest. Now I hope you get that quilting project finished soon.

curvymotlumpy first of all, I agree with everyone who mentioned how important it is to find the right dentist. And secondly, I also add to everyone's messages of sympathy upon learning you have some major dental work coming. At least insurance covers part of it. Hope you enjoyed catching up with your fellow graduate.

opheliaphoenix I like the thought of "staying the course". You've got this!

I just completed my third workout in-a-row and have been eating right on plan and drinking plenty of water as well. I am bummed that my poor choices last week led to a 3-pound gain, but I know that's only temporary. I also saw my physiotherapist today for my hips and turns out my self-assessment was close, but not quite on the mark. It's not specifically my tendons that seem to be the issue, it's the muscles themselves, which are tense from all the exercise and walking I did in July, when my goal was to move every single day, and have shortened from my new position where I sit at a desk all day. So I was right on the causes behind the problem. And my initial thought of buying a foam roller was a good one, but she showed me how to work those muscles in a much more precise manner using just a tennis ball while leaning up against a wall. She also showed me a stretch for the entire outer leg area that I had never seen before but that really felt great. I now have a series of strengthening exercises and stretches to do daily and will see her once a week for a few weeks, as she assesses my progress. I tell you though, I was in agony while she worked on those hip muscles. I had no idea they were that badly in need of release.

Off to make a good, healthy supper now. Wishing everyone a great evening!

Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #60  

Martine: Yay! I'm so happy you finally had a date with your physiotherapist, and that you walked away with a plan and exercises that are more specific to your issues. Hopefully, you'll be able to relieve the pain you're in. I sleuth Dr. Google too for answers when I need them. Enjoy your staycation!

Moo31: How fantastic that you have your own personal trainer right at home! I love how my body feels and looks when I lift regularly. If I could build my body into a fat buring, muscular, and toned machine like these ladies did, I would gladly take the higher weight. All your hard work will pay off and you will the way you look!

loganandlivsmom: The way clothes fit is a true reality check. I know so well what it's like to pull something from the closet and it's too tight or doesn't fit. The silver lining is that words never have to be spoken. It's unspoken feedback that we can address.

gzgrl22: "Honestly a good hairstylist & dentist and painless hygienist are like the 3 most important people to have on your list." Preach, gzgrl! As for the dentist, it's going to take some time to get everything done but I'll get there. I have prioritized my right upper crown and have my first appointment for this Friday.

What's your new quilting project?
I hope everyone had a good weekend and that your week is off to a good start. I rearranged my bedroom furniture this weekend and I am sore all over! My nightstand fits perfectly where it is but it is not next to my bed due to size of my dresser so it's not really doing a nightstand's job. It would look extra dorky if I moved it to where it should be. Still, I like the results and the room looks much more spacious than before.

Happy Monday!