Old 06-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #76  

opheliaphoenix Thank you! Now that I am 5 lbs away from a healthy weight I feel like I could do more so I might be updating my weight goal soon, though it's been awhile since I have been at this weight.

curvynotlumpy Thank you for the welcome! I have been a lurker for years but I found such a great thread! I love hearing from you all!

Martine Thank you!

RunningRedHead I wish I could do Keto but since my surgery I can't handle the fat I follow a high protein diet and keep my carbs under 70, I know that is high but it works for me. I also practice intermediate fasting with a 16/8 window. I made these Keto poppy seed muffins from Ketoconnect on youtube, they were so good! Keto on!

Scale finally went back down today YAY! I just can't seem to make it into the 150's. Tomorrow maybe! Probably going to eat out today as we have errands to run. I am not worried, I have my list of approved foods for most places. You all have a nice day!

Last edited by Noir; 06-12-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #77  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Nichelle: How did the lake day with the preschoolers go today? I hope you all had fun!

Curvy: I'm still feeling a little self-conscious while I'm out of the pool and having to walk around, just because of the amount of "jiggle", but I'm getting better about it! When I'm in the pool or just sitting next to it, I'm totally fine. Baby steps, lol. I'm glad that the conference was a good experience, and I hope the scale doesn't pick on you too much when you make it home!

Magicsusan: As always, nice and consistent on the losses!

Martine: Hopefully we can both work on our confidence this year and we'll feel better about it next summer!

Kayla: My fluctuations have been especially crazy this week, so I'm just hoping the general trend will make more sense in the long run...lol. Great work continuing on the house projects, and I hope your hair appointment goes well today!

Noir: I've never been at a healthy weight before, so I'll be doing the same thing once I get into a healthy range...I have a set "goal" number right now, but I will have to see if that changes once I get a little closer to it!

-----------------------------------------

Another bump on the rollercoaster that the scale is being this week...weigh-in was all the way back up to 174.2 today! Although, I am certain it is from last night's dinner where I experiemented with homemade vegetable fried rice, but then ate premade spring rolls and ate it all with cayenne pepper sauce -- all in my calorie range, but a complete sodium bomb as a combination. So, I'll be focusing on the hydration today to see if I can't get this to come back down tomorrow or at least by the end of Week Two.

Week Two
08: 175.0 - TOM.
09: 172.8
10: 173.4
11: 172.0
12: 174.2
13:
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 175.0
Total Loss for Week Two:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

The lake day was good. Weather could have been better but the kids had fun. We are going again tomorrow with our younger kids
They made cheese meat and crackers for lunch... which I ended up eating as well... I also got my TOM on the way back which explains why I've been feeling hungry/munching.
I have a pot of Turkey veggie soup on for dinner which is smelling delicious cant wait for it to be done
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #79  

Glad you had fun! Mmmm cheese and crackers! I also have a hard time staying on plan before TOM I get snackish. Have fun tomorrow too!
Old 06-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi guys!

Well, I survived the graduation party - we had 200 people here over the course of the afternoon/evening. I suppose my lay off came at a good time - it allowed me to get everything ready for the party and the party was a decent distraction for the lay off.

I was employed by our church for 13 years - such a long time. There has been some heartbreak and realizations that we have discovered and unfortunately, I think I just need to cut all ties and move on. This continues to weigh on my whole family since it's not just a job - it's a group of friends, part of our routine, and where we worship. I have been applying for jobs, and got a message about one of the jobs yesterday, so life goes on.

Diet wise, I have done ok. No gains even though I didn't eat (or drink) the best at the graduation party, it's also TOM, so I should see a loss on Monday once that is over with.

Thank you guys for the support - it really means so much to me right now. Hope that you all have a fantastic week!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Summer: Glad to hear everything with the party went well and it served as a good distraction. Sending you big :hugs: while you work through the situation with your church and during your job hunt. Finding a job that’s a community and more than a job is a blessing, wishing that you’re able to find something like that again.

Noir:: It’s definitely best to listen to your body, and keeping your carbs less than 70g is nothing to sneeze at! That’s where I was keeping my carbs before I went keto, and the struggle was real I would love to start IF, I just need to get my brain around the concept of “no eating now, but you can eat soon,” instead of the instant gratification. Something to work on, I suppose. Those muffins sound delicious! Way to go on your drop back down and I hope you enjoyed your outing.

Casey: I guess so! Hopefully your hydration helped to combat the sodium bomb for your weigh-in today!

Water was 4.5L yesterday. Carb count came in at 24g total, 15g net. I really am beginning to wonder if my body likes being closer to the 25-30g range and holds onto water or something if I don't take in enough? I'm not sure.. another thing to research, I suppose Plan for the day is lunch with a friend, a dentist appointment for a regularly scheduled cleaning. Followed by more cleaning, organizing and cooking. I have a bunch of energy that needs to be burned and I'm sick of the house feeling out of control. If I can get the house in order, I feel like I won't feel so out of order, you know?

Hope everyone has a great day!

SW: 269.0
6/7: 267.3
GW: 261

Week 2:
6/8: 266.5 (-0.8)
6/9: 263.3 (-3.2)
6/10: 263.3 (+/-0)
6/11: 264.7 (+1.4)
6/12: 264.3 (-0.4)
6/13: 266.5 (+2.2) *yikes! *
6/14:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-13-2018 at 05:19 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #82  

texscrapper My heart goes out to you. Your world has been turned upside down and you are looking on the bright side. I am sure you will move on to greener pastures.

RunningRedHead IF was hard at first. Breaking that "I need to eat something as soon as I wake up"...or drink a nice latte. After about a month it became routine. I have black coffee until 10 am and have my last meal around 5:30 with 6pm being the very latest. How long have you been on Keto? Sounds like you are already benefiting from the energy!

Scale went down today into the 150's! YAY!

Last edited by Noir; 06-13-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #83  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Nichelle: I'm glad that everyone had a good day yesterday, and I hope the trip to the lake with the younger ones today goes just as well!

texscrapper: I am sorry that this career upset has happened at such a centric place in all of your lives, but I am happy to hear that other opportunities are already presenting themselves. I hope you can find ways to sustain the friendships there outside of the Church's services and find another Church that suits your needs soon.

Kayla: It did a little! Just hoping I can keep it going down tomorrow, lol. Also, I hope you're able to use that extra energy you feel today to get the house in order and feeling less chaotic, that you're able to find that carb count sweet spot that works best for your body, and are able to get that water retention flushed out!

Noir: Congrats on hitting the 150s!

-----------------------------------------

Back down a little to 172.8 today. Let's hope I can avoid my "up-down-up" pattern that I've been having all week come tomorrow, so I can show a decent loss overall for Week Two...lol. Today's plan includes making a mad dash around town to re-do my Father's Day shopping for my husband...the exact smart watch that I had planned for his main present, aside from what the kids made him, he ended up finding on sale somewhere and bought it for himself. Anyone else have someone in their life that is hard to buy for in the first place, but then they are also the person who will buy something they like if they see it, even right before holidays and birthdays?? Depending on how all that goes will determine whether or not I get my workout in today...then again, I might get in enough steps today while present hunting, we will see.

Week Two
08: 175.0 - TOM.
09: 172.8
10: 173.4
11: 172.0
12: 174.2
13: 172.8
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 175.0
Total Loss for Week Two:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

opheliaphoenix Good luck present hunting! I am in the same up-down-up-down boat. Ugh, it's so annoying!

Noir 150s, yay!!!

RunningRedHead What's your fiber intake? That causes quite a bit of water retention for me if I overdo it, is that a factor?

texscrapper Good job navigating the graduation party, and I'm glad you're already getting responses in the job market.

--------------------------
Non-scale achievement unlocked! I am now a comfortable size 12, and a bunch of my clothes are that size, so I now have a ton of "new" things to wear. Some of those things are my favorite clothes that I own, so I'm very excited. It was a bit surprising to me because I am a higher weight than I was last time I was this size, but that just goes to show you how much going to the gym helps during the weight loss journey. It's not all about what the number on the scale says. Having clothes fit is so important to overall comfort in your skin.

It's good that I've achieved a non-scale goal because I'm semi-stalling again at 168.2 lbs (been this way for 5 days, with one 2 lb bump up in the middle). I was toying with tweaking my macros to be higher fat and lower carb, but I'm now having much worse digestive issues so I'm going to stop doing that. I had my gallbladder removed many years ago and really high fat causes GI problems, but I previously thought that was only extreme fat intake like a burger+shake+fries or fried clams (obviously I don't eat like that anymore). This morning I made a keto connect microwave biscuit and a fried egg to go with it and then had really bad digestive issues afterwards. I guess I'm not sure if it's the high fat/calories in the AM (~500 calories, 80% fat) or if I was actually reacting to the coconut flour in the biscuit (it was my first coconut flour concoction) but it kind of ruined my morning. I usually feel great on keto, so hopefully I can figure out how to deal with my stalling without causing digestive discomfort.

I've been consistently going to the gym and really enjoying it, and am in the best fitness shape I have been in since 2014. I'm trying to focus on the positives to counteract this ongoing negative self-image issue I've been having, especially around my abdominal fat. That area of my body is such a problem, and likely moreso post-motherhood.

Am planning to workout tomorrow, take Friday off for fun, and go to the gym over the weekend in addition to doing some house/yard work. And hopefully enjoy some nice summer weather.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #85  

Jazzfan22: Way to go on your NSV!!! That’s great! Sorry to hear about the GI distress. Could it be the coconut flour’s fiber content? I hope you have a great workout tomorrow and day off Friday. I hadn’t thought about fiber as a major factor with my ups and downs on the scale, just as a way to bring down my net carb total… hmmm… looking back there doesn’t seem to be a huge correlation. Edit: I think my bumps up may have correlated to not-so-great hydration the last few days.

Casey: I hope so too! Glad to hear you’re back down today Good luck to you and your Father’s Day shopping conundrum. Here’s hoping you got enough steps in shopping that you don’t need to get the workout in

Noir:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Breaking that "I need to eat something as soon as I wake up"
This is exactly what I’m having trouble with right now… that and the not eating after 6pm thing… I may make that a July goal though… food for thought so to speak. Way to go making it into a new decade!!!

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-14-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

So the lake day was canceled... the bus driver called in to work saying he wasn't coming in
So we ended up just having a fun day with them... we had a water play table, free play and beading then we did an indoor picnic. After lunch we walked over to the free splash park/playground. The kids had fun I cant beleive there is only 2 classes left before their preschool grad/end of year celebration!

I'm going for my weight in tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm up a little. But I completely know why.

I need to continue working towards getting more water in me. And no more constant snacking (at least not the way I have been this week)
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #87  

jazzfan22 Fantastic! YAY for NSV! I just got into a size 12. Hang in there, the scale can be brutal at times. Sorry to hear about your tummy issues. I know I can't do that much fat or I will be sorry. When I was doing bulletproof coffee I would get sick. Bummer because I really liked the effects of them otherwise. Hang in there!

Casey Oh man do I relate. My DH's Birthday is at the end of this month. Lucky for me he told me what he wanted (a few shares of stock, so boring right?) We have savings accounts that we put a little bit of money in each month. We can buy anything our hearts desire with that money with no guilt. He buys the kind of things that I would get him except for clothes. Too bad he has a ton of clothes! Oh well, boring gift it is.

I am going on vacation soon and starting Monday I will be eating off plan. DH and I are going to go out a few times to places that are not on my list of approved restaurants, and then vacation. Poor guy hasn't been out to eat in a month except once. With a week at eating maintenance I hope to bring my metabolism up. I expect the inevitable weight gain. I know with hard work it will come off. Hopefully though weight will come off faster after a hiatus.

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #88  

Nichelle Sorry to hear about your outing! Glad you made the most out of it. Cheers (with water :P)
Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM   #89  

Height: 5'7

Just a quick check in cause its been a minute.

Been slacking with my logging big time. Boyfriend's sister visited for a few days, had some bonding time with her at the pool and ate out a few times. I did pay attention to my actual hunger and didn't eat until I was stuffed like I usually would. I even threw away half an ice cream cone because I was full.

Weight is still inching down, and today I'm jumping 100% back on plan. Going to get some groceries after work and make sure I have lots of good choices on hand.

Week Two
08: 210.8
09: 212.2
10: 211.2
11: 210.0
12: 210.2
13: 209.8
14: 209.4
Livi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #90  

Livi29: It sounds like you had a good time with your BF’s sister. Way to go on following your body’s hunger signals and not over-doing it! That counts as an NSV, right? Great job on continuing to trend down

Noir:: Vacation? How exciting! It sounds like you have a great plan in place, and being mentally prepared for the somewhat inevitable gain is most of the battle.

Nichelle: Sorry to hear Lake Day was cancelled, but glad to hear that y’all were able to make the best of it!

I actually made it to my water goal of 5L yesterday, which I think really helped with my weigh-in today... that and the fact that for some reason I was missing the most glaringly obvious reason (I think) for my bumps up this week: going over my calorie limit How silly?! Yesterday I had to do a lot of erranding, but I was able to get a lot of chores done around the house. Today will look pretty similar as I get the house ready for some family to visit for dinner. Hoping everyone has a great day!

SW: 269.0
6/7: 267.3
GW: 261

Week 2:
6/8: 266.5 (-0.8)
6/9: 263.3 (-3.2)
6/10: 263.3 (+/-0)
6/11: 264.7 (+1.4)
6/12: 264.3 (-0.4)
6/13: 266.5 (+2.2) *yikes! *
6/14: 265.8 (-0.7)
Total for Week 2: -1.5
Total for June: -3.2

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-14-2018 at 12:21 PM.