Old 06-23-2018, 01:55 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 285/270/145

Height: 5'5"

I am reading everyone's posts, and appreciating seeing all the different journeys. Going to attempt to dive in deeper when it's not 1AM, lol!

In the meantime, oof, what a week. So Monday night, fell asleep at 9:30 and woke up at 2:30. Didn't fall back asleep until 7:00, but had to be up by 9:00 for the job fair. That was exciting - and that ended up lasting much longer than expected, because there was opportunity for "speed interviewing." On the plus, I was offered a job on the spot, and I'm super excited for it (though it's not official until HR says it's official). Exercise and water went okay Tuesday, but that was the last time.

Wednesday evening, I ended up in the ER with what is most likely a panic attack (I've never REALLY had anxiety until recently, and it's getting worse fast - I couldn't tell if it was cardiac stuff or anxiety stuff, but all tests came back normal). Have to follow up with the doc. Finally fell asleep around 1:00 am, then the cat woke me up at 4:00. My week has finally calmed down, but I haven't quite gotten everything back on track yet.
moosehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:41 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Moosehappy, the panic attack sounds scary! Sorry you went through that. The new job offer is exciting news!

opheliaphoenix, great to be under the 170 mark, hopefully you won’t deal with fluctuations too much.

Curvy good luck on the presentation and keep cool in the heat!

RunningRedHead great job on your diligence in walking and net carbs!

————-
Whoosh down to 165.0! It’s crazy how weight loss works in stalls and whooshes. I know this is probably a temporary low and I will likely fluctuate back up but it feels good to have the scale moving in the right direction. I have been hitting my macros, tracking, and working out regularly. I also have reduced dairy (not eliminated it though).

I have had had a big professional setback, I submitted a major grant that just got scored and didn’t do so well. I was upset when I saw the score and am trying not to let it get me down too much. I of course will need to make some decisions about resubmitting and putting another year of my life into waiting for this but right now I am just focused on being resilient and managing stress and negative emotions. I actually still hit the gym last night right after finding out; I had signed up for a different Zumba studio (Groupon) and though I kind of wanted to wallow I thought it would be better to go. And I did enjoy it. I don’t want to dwell but it’s hard to put such a huge disappointment out of your mind. How do you all process bad news and be resilient?
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Stay cool in all that sweltering weather! And good luck with your presentation, your combo of interesting/fun/useful is my favorite kind of presentation to listen to! I like the phrase “it humbled them in the beginning,” that’s a great way of putting it!

Casey: Glad you’re back down, the sodium monster () doesn’t get you!

Moosehappy: Congrats on your job offer, what great news! Sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. Hopefully now that the week has calmed down, things will settle down health-wise as well

Jazzfan22: Way to go on your woosh!! So sorry to hear about your grant, but great job practicing some self care (exercising at the new Zumba studio) and not letting your setback hold you back!

Made it to 4L of water yesterday. We have an amazing fish market near us and last night dinner was seared tuna steaks with a ginger garlic cilantro sauce, asparagus and salad. For dessert, I tried my hand at a keto recipe for cheesecake brownies and I made my usual ice cream. The brownies were delicious and satisfied the (100% mental) cravings I’ve had for a fudgy brownie since starting keto, however they were very rich and I threw all of the leftovers in the freezer. The ice cream was great too, but that’s a more regular treat (it’s so hot lately!) that I don’t have the urge or craving to binge on. Carb count yesterday came in at 40g total, 23g net. Not able to sleep in very late today, so work tonight will be interesting, but that only means I will definitely sleep well tomorrow! Have a great day everyone!

SW: 269.0
6/21: 264.2
GW: 261

Week 4:
6/22: 263.1 (-1.1)
6/23: 263.1 (+/-0)
6/24:
6/25:
6/26:
6/27:
6/28:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 06-24-2018 at 05:02 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:35 AM   #139  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

jazzfan22: Nice drops, especially that awesome whoosh!! Echoing Kayla though, I'm sorry to hear about the grant but am happy that you're already redirecting some of that negative energy into more positive outlets like choosing to still go to the gym and get into the Zumba. Sending love your way while you process the frustration!

Kayla: YES, the constant reformatting is maddening! I'm definitely not a fan. And, I loooove cinnamon rolls...I'm not even doing keto, but I may have to look that one up for a lower carb alternative to scratch that itch the next time it surfaces, lol.

Curvy: I hope you were able to stay cool today!! It was 105 degrees while we were in Tucson today (about 12 degrees warmer than it was back home all day) and that was plenty hot enough...not looking forward to the even hotter days next month, lol.

moosehappy: Pending the HR approval, congrats on the job offer!! I'm sorry to hear about the panic attack...they can be a truly awful experience.

-----------------------------------------

Checking in super late today! It's after 10pm, but we just got home a little bit ago. I forgot that today was that rescheduled dinner and pool day up at our friend's house out of town. I didn't get to weigh-in before we left, so doing a "No Weigh-In" on the tracking...but, still wanted to catch up a little on the personals before I went to bed so I wouldn't be overwhelmed with the catching up tomorrow...lol. The pool day went well, and I got along really well with his wife, which I was happy about. In most of these kinds of situations, the wives get put together to chat even if they don't know each other, so - with my social anxiety - I was happy to find we were able to mesh well and get along. And, the kids all pretty much got along as well, so it was a win-win...lol.

Something I didn't expect though was drinking some wine while we were there, so I'm not sure what that will do on the scale tomorrow. I rarely ever drink and haven't even really done so other than a few sips on my entire weightloss journey, but I know it can bloat you up really easily, and I had THREE glasses...and just that approximate 15oz was almost 400 cals! Trying to make sure I play a little catch-up on my water before bed to offset the dehydration effect of the alcohol. They also had an Asian-style pasta salad as a side for the BBQ they did, so - being the only vegetarian - I made a "burger without the patty" kind of thing and indulged a little on the noodles on the side so I got enough to eat. Since I don't really eat pasta much anymore these days either, we will have to see how that affects the scale tomorrow, too...lol. But, I had a good time and life happens, so I will take it in stride and learn how these kinds of things will turn out when they inevitably happen again in the future. It's a process, lol. We'll see what the damage is in the morning. For now, I'm heading to bed...hope everyone had a good night!

Week Four
22: 169.8
23: NWI.
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Four:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #140  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

The scale was up a bit today, but not as much as I expected...weigh-in was 170.2. Considering the alcohol, extra calories, and the fact that I didn't end up getting in my whole gallon in before falling asleep (only a little over 100oz), I will consider that a blessing and just hope that it will start coming down again before the end of the month!

Week Four
22: 169.8
23: NWI.
24: 170.2
25:
26:
27:
28:
----------------------------
End of Week Three: 170.6
Total Loss for Week Four:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Aborginal Days went smoothly. I drank a fair amount of water. Didnt do horrible on eating either

So far this morning I got my meal plan for the week and starting cleaning my house
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:09 PM   #142  
Gizmo

Nichelle I totally agree that preschool-aged children are just adorable. I babysat pretty much every kid on my street during my teenage years and it was such a joy reading to them at night before bed. There's still a lot of innocence and wonder in them at that age, it's a beautiful thing to see. Hope your day is going great.

opheliaphoenix glad to hear that the pool party went well. I too suffer from social anxiety, I'm very shy and awkward and I feel like I never know what to say, so I nervously wind up asking questions to get the person talking so I don't have to. I'm a great listener You still have a solid week ahead of you to get back into the 160s, sending positive thoughts your way.

RunningRedHead way to go on going to your first hot yoga class! I have a former colleague who actually now teaches a class every Tuesday night. I'm still too chicken to go, group activities stress me out (see social anxiety above). I hope you continue to enjoy those nice long morning walks with Loki. It's about the only time of day when it can be done considering the Summer heat.

jazzfan22 very happy for you on the big drop on the scale! I know you've been willing the number to move for a while now. But I'm sorry to hear about the grant, I can understand how working so hard on a project for so long and not getting the result you hoped for can be disheartening. I'm sure going to that zumba class helped relieve some of the stress and disappointment, channeling your energy into something fun and positive. Don't follow my example when I got bad news about being transferred to a new store. I like your approach better, dancing the negative thoughts away.

moosehappy speed interviews are a strange concept to me but glad it worked out for you. I hope you can find the reason(s) behind this panic attack. It's worth exploring with the help of a therapist, if that's an option for you. I've known many employees who dealt with panic attacks and sadly, it seems to be affecting many of the younger ones nowadays.

curvynotlumpy good luck on your presentation tomorrow. Hope you stay cool in that extreme heat

On Friday, after a long day of preparing for our first orientation for our employees (77 came, 2 no shows), I still had a bit of work left to do at home (printing out individual schedules for each of them and printing out sentences cut up for a game we organized) and I grossly under-evaluated the time it would take me to complete these tasks. I relaxed a bit when I got home and started around 7pm and wound up finishing everything at 11:30pm. Then yesterday after said orientation, when everyone else went home, I had to go to a nearby store to enter everyone's hours for that day. Tomorrow is our health and safety orientation and we have another manager coming in from a store which opened recently to give the presentation. At first I thought I was expected to do half of it, as I'm in charge of h&s at the store, but when I heard that she thought she would be doing it alone, I seized the opportunity. I think I gave enough of my time, I should get to relax a bit tomorrow.

This morning I got in a 4.3km walk, half of it with David and Loki who went home early because his shoulder was bothering him in this humidity. I have to figure out a route in my area that gets me to 5km even. Skies are looking VERY dark right now, time to bring in the clothes hung out to dry. Maybe I'll try that new carrot soup recipe tonight, to go with this dreary weather.

Hope everyone has enjoyed a great weekend!

01: 34 minutes upper body weight training
02:
03: 4km walk + 43 minutes HIIT/lower body workout
04: 40 minutes upper body weight training
05: 34 minutes core workout
06:
07: 32 minutes upper body weight training
08:
09:
10:
11:
12: 4km walk
13:
14:
15:
16:
17: 4km walk + 35 minutes total body strength training
18:
19:
20: 4km walk
21: 4km walk
22:
23:
24: 4.3km walk
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

and happy Sunday!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Thanks for all the good wishes regarding my upcoming presentation. I'm at work right now putting the finishing touches on it. I had about 95% of it complete when I left work on Friday so there wasn't a whole lot left to do. Later I'm going with a friend to visit another mutual friend who is in the hospital.

opheliaphoenix: I think you did a great job cobbling together a meal for yourself at the pool party. It's unfortunate that there weren't more offerings considering that it's pretty easy to include yummy vegetarian options. It's something I always consider whenever we do something with food on campus since so many students are either vegan or vegetarian. I'm glad you had a good time and it wasn't too stressful.

Nichelle: Great job getting to work on your house cleaning It's something I need to do as well. I've started taking mental notes of where to start outside of the normal day-to-day upkeep cleaning that I need to do.

jazzfan22: I'm so sorry to hear about your grant proposal . Pushing through and attending your Zumba class is commendable and I think, much needed. I have friends who are largely grant funded so your anxiety and disappointment ring familiar. While you do have decisions to make I hope you continue to step away from the work at least for a bit to reevaluate and relax your mind from grant writing tasks. As you are well aware, they'll be there when you return.

moosehappy: Wow, how impressive that you were offered a job on the spot . And being able to accomplish this with very little is a bonus! I'm glad things have settled down for you a bit and that you'll be able to schedule an appointment with your doc soon.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
moosehappy I hope you can find the reason(s) behind this panic attack. It's worth exploring with the help of a therapist, if that's an option for you. I've known many employees who dealt with panic attacks and sadly, it seems to be affecting many of the younger ones nowadays

^^^^^^This. A very thoughtful response, Martine.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:28 PM   #145  

Martine: I’m with you and Casey on the social anxiety front, the only thing that made going to the yoga studio less intimidating was that it was with a good friend who repeatedly assured me before-hand that the class we were going to was usually very low-key and with few people. Loki and I went for a nice long afternoon walk in the rain yesterday with Cookie and her owner when I gave the pup back to my friend. Glad to hear you were able to get a little bit of a break regarding the presentation for health & safety. Glad to hear the orientation went well and wow! What a late night (especially after a full day’s work)! Way to go on the walk with David and Loki! How is his shoulder?

Curvy: I hope all is well with visiting your friend in the hospital and that they are on the mend. Good luck with your presentation!

Casey: Maddening is a perfect word for it! The cinnamon roll is awesome (I love them too!), but I only have it once in a while as a treat, because while it may be low on the carb front, it definitely does not skimp on calories! Glad to hear the pool party was great and that everyone got along well Also, great that your bump up was not as big as you feared

I made it to 4L yesterday. With today’s weigh-in I recalculated my water requirements and it came to 4.1L, which is basically four water bottles-worth plus a cup of herbal tea, so I’m not beating myself up about not making it to 5L and I’m officially switching my hydration goal to reflect that! I had a couple of big NSVs yesterday (both clothing related): while walking Loki in the rain, I noticed that my raincoat, which I haven’t worn since about April, was actually loose in the hips and belly (it used to be too tight as it’s a men’s coat and cut a bit differently than one that would accommodate a woman’s hips lol). The second was noticing that all of my scrub pants are much baggier (they also used to be tighter than I probably should wear) and I was able to wear a top that I haven’t worn in two years (and even back then it was tight). Work tonight, a nap tomorrow AM, then a work meeting in the afternoon and another hot yoga class tomorrow evening

Hope everyone has a fantastic evening

Week 4:
6/24: 262.3 (-0.8)
6/25:
6/26:
6/27:
6/28:
Old 06-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Went to the gym this morning! Very happy about this because I wanted to yesterday but when my alarm went of I disabled it and went back to bed for a bit.
After the gym I came home and made myself a veggie egg white omlete with some cherries and pear on the side. I decided to have a decent breakfast because I needed to go decorate 2.5dozen cupcakes and I didnt want to eat the extra ones... i going to drop the extra ones at my moms work place before heading to work.
My boss ordered the cupcakes for work for a thank you lunch we are doing for the PAC. I packed a container of local strawberries, cherries and raspberries for my dessert. (Hoping to have the will power to stay away from the cupcakes)

Have a good day everyone. I will weigh in tomorrow
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #147  

Hello! I am back from my vacation and house hunting. We did not really find a house that we wanted to put a offer on, so the search continues. We don't plan on looking up north again until autumn. Reno was nice, but it was such a drive! Over 8 hours in a car is too far.

I gained 4 lbs! Hopefully it will come off faster now that I have been eating at or above maintenance for a week now. I really have a hard time with family saying that I should not be losing anymore weight. It's a big deal. I know they are just use to seeing me so big (morbidly obese) but I still have a ways to go (about 10 lbs to enter healthy weight BMI and then who knows...) DH supports me and for that I am so greatfull. 155 does not sound like what my ideal weight should be, I would still be on the heavy side. Also I want to be on in the middle of a healthy weight so I have wiggle room. I will NEVER be fat again. I donno just venting. 10 more pounds! I can do it!

Hope everyone had a great week!
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 PM   #148  

and good evening!

I'm headed out the door but just wanted to drop a quick post so I don't get too far behind. Thank you all for the presentation you sent my way. They worked like a charm! The students were engaged and made lots of great comments. I didn't think I could fill two hours but I did; well actually and hour and forty-five minutes. It was fun but I'm glad I can cross it off my list We had our first two interviews this morning and they went well. Three more interviews tomorrow.

Signing off for now. Wishing everyone a lovely evening.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #149  

Nichelle: Way to go with the trip to the gym and healthy breakfast! I know I find the day to go better when I start it off right for planning and bringing a healthy dessert to celebrate!

Noir: Welcome back! Glad to hear DH supports your efforts to better yourself and your health. Sorry to read that family is saying some less-than-supportive things, which can make the difficult task of losing weight that much more difficult . From my own experience in the past, I’ve found that comments like those came from a well-meaning place because (as you said) their brains just haven’t caught up with the fact that your body is changing for the better and they’re not used to you being smaller (especially if you were larger for a long period of time) and so it’s scary to them/they become concerned. I don’t know your family and I could be way off base/assuming the wrong thing, just what I’ve noticed with my own family… Way to go getting back on track after your trip!

Curvy: Glad to hear your presentation went so well, way to go!

I made it to 4L yesterday and carb count came in at 44g total, 28g net. Woke up yesterday and took Loki for a nice long walk. Didn’t make it to yoga yesterday, but I’m going to a class today with my friend at noon. Will follow that up with another nice walk with Loki (poor pup ) and then a meeting at work this evening. I hope everyone is able to take advantage of some beautiful weather and get outside Looking at my Fitbit app, I noticed that I am so close to having less than 100lbs left to lose (I started out at 130, so progress is happening even if I don’t see it). Have a fantastic day!!

Week 4:
6/24: 262.3 (-0.8)
6/25: 262.7 (-0.6)
6/26: 261.8 (-0.9) *SO CLOSE!!!!*
6/27:
6/28:
Old 06-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #150  

Curvynotlumpy I wish you much success today with your other interviews. Also way to go with the presentation!

Kayla That is exactly what is going on with my family. Aren't fit bits the best? They use to send emails when you make goal but mine did not.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote