Old 04-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #46  
Cupcake lover

S/C/G: 270/260/135

Height: 5'5

Forgot to log my weight! It was 219.8 on Sunday, then after a day of hiking yesterday it’s down 1 whole pound. I overate still, being on a 3 day staycation, but the exercise felt so good. I felt like myself for the first time in months. I miss those days. Bringing them back! Hope everyone is having a lovely start to the week
gulfmagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Gulfmagnolia: Way to go on your drop. Way to go getting some hiking in and congrats on your 1lb drop I can’t wait for the weather to get warmer (and less muddy) to go for nice long hikes, too! they're great for the mind as well as the body!

Even Steven on the scale this AM. Today is a fast day, so I will be catching up on my water intake from the last few days today and hoping for a woosh tomorrow.

SW: 275.4
4/7: 277.0
GW: 269

Week 2:
4/8: 276.5 (-0.5)
4/9: NWI
4/10: 276.5 (+/-0)
4/11:
4/12:
4/13:
4/14:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 04-10-2018 at 09:21 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:27 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Good morning

It's shaping up to be a quiet Tuesday which I don't mind at all. Scale remains at 208.8 and I don't mind that either.

RunningRedHead: with your fast day. You planned well for this week so I am confident you'll do well.

gulfmagnolia:Congratulations on your additional 1 pound loss! I'm planning on doing some hiking this weekend so hopefully that will have the same positive results!

opheliaphoenix: See? The body is a mysterious and wondrous entity. That's a quite a swoosh back! Fantastic!

Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by curvynotlumpy; 04-10-2018 at 01:30 PM.
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #49  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Kayla: I hope you're able to stave off the late night hunger tonight! I ended up having a snack on my fasting day last night, and it put me a little bit over...thankfully, it didn't turn into a free-for-all, but I was tempted. Good luck with your water and your unpleasant family business today!

gulfmagnolia: Nice loss, and great job getting that exercise in!

Curvy: Thank you, and I hope you're able to enjoy your quieter day today!

---------------------------------

No change here today, either...still at 185.2 on the scale this afternoon. Not what I was hoping for after a fasting day, but it's better than a gain! (Especially since I ended up slipping in an extra snack that put me about 150 calories above my fasting range late last night...so, I guess I am lucky to break even.) As always, working on the water as I still haven't really been able to hit my goals there lately. Will do my best on that front today. I hope everyone is having a great afternoon...here's to another on-plan day for us all!

Week Two
08: 187.2 - TOM.
09: 185.2 - TOM.
10: 185.2 - TOM.
11:
12:
13:
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 185.6
Total Loss for Week Two:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 04-10-2018 at 04:28 PM.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #50  
Gizmo

opheliaphoenix I could never do fasting, because I get nauseous if I don't eat soon after I wake up. So I tip my hat to you and RunningRedHead for choosing that method to lose weight.

curvynotlumpy I'm happy for you to you saw a drop on the scale and that the sun has come back out AND that this was turning out to be a quiet day at work. Triple score! I knew that some medication triggered weight gain but never thought Aleve fell into that category. How is your ankle btw?

gulfmagnolia you were almost right on the money guessing your weight there. A nice day of hiking does wonders for the body.

Second physio appointment for my arm today. The muscles in my lower and upper arm are tense. But the arm band definitely helps lessen the pressure and the pain throughout the day. Hope everyone had a good day.

08: 27 minutes pyramid HIIT workout
09: 34 minutes total body weightlifting + 10 minutes standing abs workout
10: 37 minutes kickboxing and abs workout
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 291.1/ticker/161

Height: 5'11.5"

Curvy: Glad to hear your scale is maintaining

Casey: I staved off the cravings! They hit, right on schedule around 9:30pm and I told them to shove off and went to bed instead Small victories, right? Glad to hear your small snack didn’t turn into a free-for-all And the unpleasant business turned into a surprisingly fun day

Martine: I hear what you’re saying about the nausea- mine usually hits with water on an empty stomach. I’ve been experimenting with trying hydrating fluids with a hint of flavor to help with that… so far so good, so hopefully that will work. Glad to hear PT and the armband is helping with your pain You’ll be on the mend in no time!

I managed to survive the bedtime cravings last night and successfully completed another fasting day PT was unpleasant yesterday due to a lot of stiffness and nerve pain after working this weekend. Definitely feeling better today, but there was a lot of exercises to do yesterday, so I’m hoping my gain today is due to water weight and there will be a woosh soon. I’ve been eating OP since Saturday, so something has to give, right? ←I’m as impatient as a child sometimes, I swear I don’t think I’m going to hit my diet bet goal, but I’m okay with that considering where I started the diet bet and I have maintained around the 275-277 mark for the last few weeks instead of gaining, so I’m pretending to see it as a silver lining. Also, i managed to get all of my water in yesterday. Have a great day, everyone!

SW: 275.4
4/7: 277.0
GW: 269

Week 2:
4/8: 276.5 (-0.5)
4/9: NWI
4/10: 276.5 (+/-0)
4/11: 277.8 (+1.3)
4/12:
4/13:
4/14:

Last edited by RunningRedHead; 04-11-2018 at 12:35 PM.
RunningRedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all

Easy meal plan = sticking with the meal plan...
Tonight I'm making a shrimp curry. I'm going to prep it once I finish breakfast and cook it as soon as I get off work... going to bring it to class and eat since I dont have much time I between the two.
I've been good about getting the lunch ready the night before plus all my snacks lol. I eat my breakfast at 5ish then at work the kids eat their breakfast at 9. I have been eating my yogurt then with them so I dont eat what every they are having (we have a cook who makes meals for the kids and staff). Then my lunch break is 1130 or 12ish. And I usually have a snack (veggies or pickles or my fruit) as I'm getting off at 4. I just like to have different opinions from my snacks just in case I dont feel like one thing I have another choice lol

Their is a local lady who has lost 140lbs who is hiking the Pacific Crest Trail! It's pretty amazing! She started on the 3rd and is already over 100miles. She gives everyone updates and we can follow her with a GPS locator maybe one day I'll do it!

Have a great day ladys
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 199/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Nichelle, shrimp curry sounds delicious! What's in it?

RunningRedHead, sounds like you've been doing everything right and with the workouts you'll be retaining more water... I will bet that woosh is coming!

Martine, hope your arm feels better soon, ugh!

gulfmagnolia, yay for hiking and feeling good!!

opheliaphoenix, maintaining during TOM is a HUGE accomplishment. I will bet that when that's done, you'll see the scale drop suddenly.

As for me, things are pretty good. Scale's going in the right direction (weighed in at 181.0 this AM). I was debating not tracking my macros/calories because I'm starting to get obsessed, but when I stopped doing it for a day the uncertainty was worse because I didn't feel comfortable eating. So I'm back to tracking, but trying to let my intuitions drive me and if I'm genuinely hungry, I should feel comfortable eating. I did a mini-workout yesterday (not a usual work out day) but I lifted weights for 15 minutes and did an elliptical for 5 minutes before taking my son to the pool to meet his buddies for a pool party. No gym today but looking forward to my Zumba class tomorrow! I absolutely love Zumba and would recommend it to anyone because you can take it at your own pace, though if you try it and don't like it, try a different class with a different teacher before you give it up because I find every teacher is really different.

Another thing I'm liking quite a lot is keto. This is my first time trying low-carb (I never did Atkins). I won't lie I definitely feel like I'm dieting, it's work and I have to actively work on making good choices, but I get to eat really yummy flavorful food that is satiating and I have noticed a LOT more energy and mental alertness.
Anyone else here doing keto?

My mini-goal of getting into the 170s before the end of the month definitely feels doable, which is motivating, but I'm very cognizant of the fact that now is the time for me to be seeing the drops, because I tend to gain weight/retain water up ~4 lbs during TOM. I'd love to get to 178 before PMS week hits, but we'll see. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and keep myself accountable, b/c right now things seem to be working pretty well.
jazzfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #54  

Good morning

Scale is up a blip to 209 which I attribute to the bread I had yesterday. Still happy to see below 210 this morning.

Nichelle: I find weight loss stories to be a tremendous inspiration. The weight loss itself is to be admired but I'm always impressed how the weight loss leads to doing things that were either unthinkable or just difficult to do. It's great that you're experiencing her journey with her virtually.

RunningRedHead: I can relate to being impatient... I think it's a natural state when we're dieting. Focus on the things that are going well: you're eating on plan, went to PT (though it was difficult) and drank all your water. All good things!

Martine: How'd the physio appointment go? I'm glad you're experiencing some relief.

A wonderful Wednesday to all!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #55  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Martine: I hope your appointment goes well today and that your arm eases up for you soon!

Kayla: Great job...definitely a victory! And, I'm glad that the family stuff ended up turning into a fun time instead. Hope you get your whoosh soon!

Nichelle: Nice work on the meal prepping!

jazzfan22: I hope so! And, I've never tried keto, but I've heard lots of success stories with it. My husband wants to try it -- I think keto would be easier for him than me, because he isn't a vegetarian like I am, which seems like it would greatly reduce a lot of the options.

Curvy: I hope you have a lovely Wednesday, as well!

---------------------------------

Today's weigh-in up to 186.0 is not a surprise...my husband had a random urge to go out as a family last night, and I ended up way over-indulging at dinner. There was an appetizer, meal, and dessert, and I partook of all three (not to an extreme degree, but much more than I have in a long time)...and, we were out later than expected, so I didn't workout either. So, if anything, I'm only a little surprised that my gain wasn't a bit more. Not my best day, but it was a fun splurge night. I will consider that my cheat meal of the week, have a normal, on-plan day today, and be happy that I have a fasting day tomorrow to help make up for it...lol.

Week Two
08: 187.2 - TOM.
09: 185.2 - TOM.
10: 185.2 - TOM.
11: 186.0 - TOM.
12:
13:
14:
----------------------------
End of Week One: 185.6
Total Loss for Week Two:

opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #56  
Gizmo

Nichelle I too pack different snacks just in case I don't feel like one or the other on any given day. That story of the woman hiking the Pacific Crest Trail is amazing! I know a colleague who upon retiring in a couple of years plans on walking the Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle route in France, which depending on where you choose to stop along the way, can take over three months to walk. Beautiful and ambitious dreams.

RunningRedHead maintaining is a victory in itself in this journey to weight loss.

jazzfan22 sounds like you are in a very positive place right now. I'm cheering you on to reach your goal soon.

curvynotlumpy physio was just ok, at times painful while she massaged and worked my arm. I've lacked discipline in doing my exercises, all my fault.

opheliaphoenix spontaneous outings are always fun. But this reminds me that David and I haven't eaten out in a looooong time. A couple of days back on plan and the scale will move back down.

No exercise for me after work today. I finished too late, I even had a colleague stop an employee from talking to me in the office so that I could eventually leave. I spent over an hour and a half today answering questions and helping one of our coordinators who will have an interview for an assistant-manager position on Monday. So of course I had to stay longer to finish the employee schedule. I feel like I'm constantly running at work nowadays, but I can't let work take over again.

Last edited by Martine; 04-12-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 281.4/.../150

Height: 5'8"

Jazzfan22: here is the link to the curry shrimp. It's really good! There is only onion in it so I added a few more calories and sauteed some more vegetables in it and topped with green onion. https://www.skinnytaste.com/indian-shrimp-curry/

Curvynotlumpy: I love weight loss stories too. They really help me get back on track/give me motivation. I'm making a list of things I want to accomplish while losing the weight and after to keep me maintain the loss.

Martine: that sound wonderful I hope your colleague does so it! I really want to get more involved with the outdoors. My area where I live has a lot of hiking trails up the mountains, to different lakes/Waterfalls, natural hot springs. And if I drive a few hours out I get to a lava bed... you have to pay but they will take u on a hike up towards the volcano. I live in a beautiful area

Last three day:
I've gone to the gym (even though today I just wanted to sleep longer)
I've drank 3Lt water a day!
And kept track of my calories
(I even made flourless brownies (which are actually pretty good) Portioned and individual wrapped each one... I haven't eaten more then one portion a day. I have a horrible sweet tooth)

I weighed myself 277... so I'm down 6.8lbs

Have a great day ladies!
Nichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #58  
Gizmo

Nichelle amazing results on the scale! You are killing it this week! The area where you live does sound ideal for outdoor activities. I'm just itching to get out there and go on long walks again, but it's still too cold out. I don't have waterfalls and mountain scenery nearby, but get me walking near a lake at the park and I'm happy (and so is my dog Loki).

Back to working out this morning. It was a 52-minute lower body workout that included weighted exercises, HIIT and pilates. My legs were dead by the time I got to the pilates portion, which is a good thing. Now I'll go do my physio exercises for my arm and start getting ready for my afternoon/evening shift. I have 5 employees to see for their yearly evaluation and an evaluation of the customer service area to do, and prepare questions and topics for a session on scheduling that I was asked to give to assistant-managers in various groups over the next three weeks. There are not enough hours in a day for sure.

08: 27 minutes pyramid HIIT workout
09: 34 minutes total body weightlifting + 10 minutes standing abs workout
10: 37 minutes kickboxing and abs workout
11:
12: 52 minutes lower body workout (weights + HIIT + pilates)
Old 04-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #59  

and good afternoon.

Late check-in for me. Busy but good day. Weight remains at 209.

Martine: Great job getting a in with all you have to do! with your employee evaluations. It's evaluation time at the university where I work as well. Here, staff does a Summary of Accomplishments (SOA) which is followed up the supervisor's evaluation and a meeting once everything is submitted. I have one employee who is retiring July 1 so this means one less to do this cycle. If you manage to find that secret portal with extra hours to the day please let me know!

Nichelle: You are knocking it out of the park, girl! I can't wait to hear how you're working through your of things you want to do and accomplish!

opheliaphoenix: I'm happy you were able to enjoy a night out with all the courses of food and experience only a slight bump up. These kinds of experiences are a glimpse of the future; you can still live life and enjoy it without having to feel guilty while doing it.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #60  

Good morning

This week passed extraordinarily fast for some reason. I'm looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow I'm leaving for an overnight trip with a friend to visit a friend of hers who has a home near wine country. The home was bought several years ago and has been renovated and redesigned. It's not entirely complete but almost. It will be exciting to see the changes. As I get older I find myself really interested in furniture and home design and decor. I'm not good at that kind of thing at all for myself but I admire those who are and look to steal ideas. We're also planning to hike some trails that are in abundance in the immediate area. Fresh air and good exercise. Should be fun.

Wishing everyone a lovely and peaceful weekend!