3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Spring into action-April 2018 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/315297-spring-into-action-april-2018-daily-check-accountability-thread.html)

curvynotlumpy 03-31-2018 02:02 PM

Spring into action-April 2018 Daily Check-In & Accountability Thread

Each month when I start the new thread I can't help but think of Rennie (aka, love2b150). If it weren't for her we wouldn't all have connected. As most of you know Rennie leads a very busy life and pops in occasionally. In her honor I've copied her 2017 spring thread title and greeting so that she's with us all month. We miss you, Rennie!
Greetings and welcome to our April 2018 weigh in/check in! Join us as we continue on our journeys to a healthier YOU. :sunny: Spring :sunny: is here so let's love on ourselves and accomplish our goals. While here we can shed some pounds & inches and share some great NSV's. Always remembering to be thankful and grateful for our efforts to remain/get healthy ... remember that whether we lose or not we are still working through this journey with a PURPOSE and doing it together :grouphug: - this is a place to chat, vent and/or to use just for the accountability :hug:

Come on in, join us, meet some great people. If you're lurking and curious, jump on in and post at any time. Everyone's :welcome:

Here you can:
~track your weight daily, weekly or however you'd like ... but do check in
~keep track of what you eat or didn't eat
~keep track of your water intake or lack of
~keep track of your exercise/other goals
~vent, rant ... express yourself or just chit-chat

We can and will ALL get closer to our goals AND hit them together

Hope to see you soon ....

opheliaphoenix 03-31-2018 04:47 PM

Thank you for starting the next thread for us, Curvy! :hug:

My usual goal for every month has always been 10 lbs, but I've been struggling to get much past 6 lbs down the past couple of months. So, this time around, I'm going to go with a slightly smaller goal and strive for something in the middle...my goal for April will be to lose 8 lbs! We will see if this will strike a good balance between ambitious and realistic for this slower phase of my weight loss journey.

Best of luck this month, everyone! :wave:

------------------------------------

March 31st Weigh-In: 186.4
Month Goal Weight: 178.4
April 30th Weigh-In: 183.4
Total Month Weight Loss: 3.0 lbs.

Week One
01: 187.4
02: 186.2
03: 186.6
04: 186.0
05: 186.2
06: 187.8
07: 185.6
----------------------------
Total Loss for Week One: 0.8 lbs.

Week Two
08: 187.2 - TOM.
09: 185.2 - TOM.
10: 185.2 - TOM.
11: 186.0 - TOM.
12: 186.6 - TOM.
13: 186.0
14: 187.2
End of Week One: 185.6
Total Loss for Week Two: +1.6 lbs.

Week Three
15: 186.6
16: 184.4
17: 184.0
18: 183.0
19: 183.0
20: 183.8
21: 183.0
End of Week Two: 187.2
Total Loss for Week Three: 4.2 lbs.

Week Four
22: 182.4
23: 183.0
24: 183.0
25: 182.6
26: 184.2
27: 184.0
28: 183.0
End of Week Three: 183.0
Total Loss for Week Four: 0 lbs.

Final Days
29: 182.4
30: 183.4
End of Week Four: 183.0
Total Loss for Final Days: +0.4 lbs.

RunningRedHead 03-31-2018 05:08 PM

Thanks Curvy for continuing the thread!

My goals for the month are a bit much considering the trend of losses I’ve had the last few months, but I’m going to be experimenting with intermittent fasting and I’m hopeful I’ll see some decent results. I will also be focusing on getting in my full 4L of water per day. Good luck to everyone!

3/31: 275.2
GW: 269

Week 1:
4/1: 276.6 (+1.2)
4/2: 277.2 (+0.6)
4/3: 276.4 (-0.8)
4/4: 274.8 (-1.6)
4/5: 275.2 (+0.4)
4/6: 277.2 (+2.0)
4/7: 277.0 (-0.2)
Total for Week 1: +1.6
Total for April: +1.6 :dizzy:

Week 2:
4/8: 276.5 (-0.5)
4/9: NWI
4/10: 276.5 (+/-0)
4/11: 277.8 (+1.3)
4/12: 280.1 (+2.3)
4/13: 278.5 (-1.6)
4/14: 277.6 (-0.9)
Total for Week 2: +1.1
Total for April: +2.4

Week 3:
4/15: 275.9 (-1.7) 

4/16: 275.2 (-0.7) 

4/17: 274.3 (-0.9) 

4/18: NWI

4/19: 279.3 (+5.0) *Yikes*

4/20: 278.6 (-0.7)

4/21: 277.3 (-1.3)
Total for Week 3: -0.3
Total for April: +2.1

Week 4:
4/22: 275.8 (-1.5)
4/23: 274.7 (-1.1)
4/24: 275.4 (+0.7)
4/25: 274.6 (-0.8)
4/26: NWI
4/27: 274.8 (+0.2)
4/28: 277.4 (+2.6)
Total for Week 4: +0.1
Total for April: +2.2

Final Days :dancer:
4/29: 275.2 (-2.2)
4/30: 277.7 (+2.5)
Total for Final Days: +0.3
Total for April: +2.5

Magicsusan 04-01-2018 10:04 AM

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the shiny new thread, Curvy!

OpheliaPhoenix, good luck with the new goal. I'm also struggling with my goal (more about that below). Glad you're getting your blood pressure meds sorted out. I've worked in a hospital, I've seen lots of blood, even a few bodies, but the only time I ever came close to passing out was when the vet had to take blood from my cat. Go figure.

RunningRedhead, Good luck with the fasting. I might have to resort to that- like I told OpheliaPhoenix, more about that below.

So, here's my situation. I've increased my exercise
-jogging three time this week
-walked home from work twice, that's about a 2 hour walk
-have walked about 45 min- an hour even on the days when I went jogging (not the days when I walked home)
-did a bit of weight-lifting, sit-ups, leg-lift type things, etc at least 3x this week
Was under my calorie limit (1200) all but one day, and instead of heading toward 106kg which is next Wednesday's goal, I was up to 107.6. >:(

So if I'm not down significantly tomorrow morning, I may just fast on Tuesday :lol:

Seriously, I know it's normal to fluctuate, stalls and plateaus are normal, but it's still bumming me out :(

Anyway, see you all Wednesday!

opheliaphoenix 04-01-2018 04:28 PM

Kayla: Good luck with your 5:2 experiment this month...I hope it works out! :luck2you:

Magicsusan: Thank you! Also, that's interesting about the human vs feline blood thing...I guess we all have different triggers! As for the struggling, I feel you...I'm hoping April will be a great month for us all this time around. Let me know if you do try any fasting, too! :yes:

---------------------------------

Weigh-in was up a pound to 187.4 today...not exactly how I wanted to start out the month, lol. Hoping it's just bloat! Especially since I know we're supposed to be going to one of my favorite Mexican restautants tomorrow -- Mondays are usually a fast day, but I'm moving that to Tuesday this week -- and, I always have a huge bloat gain after that, just due to the massive amounts of sodium in the dishes. I'll have to prep with lots of water and a lighter eating beforehand and hope that helps mitigate the damage come Tuesday's weigh-in. :crossed:

Week One
02:
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

RunningRedHead 04-01-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martine (Post 5354687)
RunningRedHead very nice finish to this month. Hoping intermittent fasting brings you success in April. I'm curious, what instrument do you play in the orchestra? And what kind of pieces did you play during this concert? I used to play the flute in our high school orchestra. I still have my flute but haven't played in years.

Martine: I play viola, it’s nice to still have someplace to play. Our program included the Ruslan and Ludmilla Overture (Glinka), the Capriol Suite by Warlock, Finlandia (Sibelius), and Prokofiev’s Classical Symphony. It was a lot of notes, but a lot of fun ;) It sounds like you’ve had a great month, sticking to your exercise routine; you deserve a little reprieve! Great work! :bravo:

Magicsusan: Hmmm, that does sound frustrating. I’m not really in any position to give advice on weight loss at the moment, but it sounds like your calorie goal may be a bit on the low side? Especially with increasing activity? I’m not sure, that’s just the first thing that stood out to me :shrug: Good luck, I hope you see a woosh woon, I know the stalls and plateaus are enough to drive a person crazy! :dizzy:

Casey: Go team water retention :lol: I think that’s where my unwelcome pound came from as well. I hope you have a great time and great meal out tomorrow, it sounds wonderful! Way to plan ahead and know how to mitigate the sodium damage :)

:wave: :easter2:to those who celebrate:easter: I woke up early today to have Easter dinner with my family before heading into work to spend the rest of Easter with my work family. Also, Happy April Fool’s Day to those who like to partake in pranking :lol::rofl:

3/31: 275.4

Week 1:
4/2:
4/3:
4/4:
4/5:
4/6:
4/7:

Martine 04-01-2018 06:07 PM

Thank you once again curvynotlumpy for keeping Rennie's original thread going :)

Let's all have a fantastic month of April!

RunningRedHead I love string instruments but at my high school, it was all wind instruments and percussions. Hope you enjoyed Easter with your family and coworkers.

Magicsusan that workout structure is perfect to get in shape, mixing cardio and weights. But I agree with RunningRedHead that perhaps 1200 calories is too low for the amount of exercise you are doing, and that may be the reason why you are hitting a plateau. Hang in there though, you will break through it.

opheliaphoenix your goal this month will put you into the 170s, I'm wishing you success in reaching a new decade.

I'm trying something different this week, I'm doing Fitness Blender's 5-day challenge, where every workout is about an hour-long and mixes in cardio/HIIT with weight training. Today was HIIT and lower body work. During most of the HIIT portion, I was working out at 90% of my maximum heart rate. Needless to say I am beat. I also took my measurements this morning, hoping to track those as I move forward. Hope everyone has been enjoying a great weekend!

01: 1h HIIT and lower body workout

Nichelle 04-02-2018 07:48 AM

Morning all...
I'm back from my conference... It was amazing :) I met some wonderful people as well as learnt a lot of stuff I did not know. In the evenings I spent a lot of my free time wondering around the beach with my boss and co workers which was extremely peaceful :)
But now I'm back... after a week of eating to much food not going to the gym and probably not drinking enough water... who am I kidding. I haven't eaten well in over a month :/ I'm getting back on track now!
I stepped on the scale this morning :( ugh... 283.8 :/
Since there is no school for the kids today (last day of spring break) and I'm not working. I'm going to make some freezer lunches for myself as well as do some meal planning for the evening.
I have dropped my shifts at DQ to only sunday morning and on I have given my notice to quit. My last day there will be the 22nd!
Oh and happy news! My best friend who is adopting... her little one was born Saturday night! We video chatted a little bit yesterday (she in a different community) he is so precious. I true blessing! She was their with the biological mother when she was giving birth 💙
I will be better about posting this month.
Here's to a happy health April everyone!

Magicsusan 04-02-2018 11:28 AM

Just a quickie, today:

Strictly speaking, my calorie goal is 1200, but I'm using MyFitnessPal which (up until recently! :halfempty it suddenly stopped doing this yesterday) calculates the calories burned by walking and jogging and adds it to your calories allowed. I'm usually more like 1300-1500.

Anyway, thanks guys. I'm trying not to panic :D

Have a good Tuesday tomorrow, I'll see you Wednesday for my weigh-in, for better or worse! :?:

jamsk8r 04-02-2018 02:42 PM

Magicsusan, another thing to remember, even though it is frustrating, is that when you lift weights correctly, there's some "water weight" that goes with the body's healing/growing muscles process. If you are a new lifter or have been away from the weight room a while, sometimes it can be a significant amount, as the body has a mini freakout and overdoes it a little...that settles down with time, but leg muscles are big and after a big leg workout it would be normal and actually a good sign to see the scale stall or even go up for a day or two, then come back down. In my experience it can help to mix some recovery type cardio between sets, so if you're leg pressing or whatever, do a set on the leg press, then do something like pedaling at a moderate/easy pace on the bike for a half mile, then back to the leg press, etc. It may be "bro science" BS and all in my head, so take it for what it's worth, but it just seems like I can lift pretty hard that way and not end up bloated like a balloon the next day or wanting to punch the scale in the face, lol.

Curvy, thanks for the new thread!

I was over at the March thread, and it looked like everybody was working the plan hard and had a pretty good month overall. I met my goal of getting out of the 200s and staying out (woot), I did pretty good with eating OP with just 3 off plan meals in March, and was kind of "meh" on the workout goal...I wanted five days a week plus, which I hit some weeks while others toward the end of the month were more like 3 a week.

----------------

March 31 Weight: 196.6
April Goal: 193

It's tempting to try to go for an even number or a new decade, but I think that number is a little stretch, without being unrealistic.

curvynotlumpy 04-02-2018 04:15 PM

:wave: and good afternoon!

Happy Monday and welcome to the April thread to all and especially any newcomers.

opheliaphoenix: Good luck with the Mexican restaurant. The one thing we can all count on when we eat out is that :censored: sodium. You're advanced in your journey and "it's not your first rodeo" so I know you'll handle it just fine. C'mon 170s!!!

jamsk8r: I saw your post on the other thread. Glad you made it over. You worked hard and March treated you well. :high: Wishing you an equally successful April.

Nichelle: I'm glad you had great time and conference experience. Conferences always throw my eating off even more than the damage I can do at home. Now that you're home and settled getting back on track will be easier. And HUGE :congrat: to your best friend. Didn't you do a bunch of knitting in anticipation for the little one's arrival? Th birth of a new :bb: ushers in a new level of excitement and joy!

Martine: :bravo: for getting involved in a challenge. Between you and the Diet Bet folks I'm wondering if a challenge of some sort might jump start my efforts. :dunno: It would have to be something where I was competing only against myself because I just cannot go down the rabbit hole of competing with others.

Magicsusan: It is tough when you don't see that scale move. :hug: Sounds like you're right on track. Just curious, how long have you been stalled?

RunningRedHead: I'm glad you got to have Easter :easter::bunny2: dinner with your family. :goodluck: with your April goals.
Remember that Spring Break I was giddily anticipating because the campus would be empty and I'd get some work done? Well, it's over! :rofl: Spring Break week ended up being as hectic as regular session week just with different tasks and responsibilities. Oh, well. ;)

opheliaphoenix 04-02-2018 05:13 PM

Kayla: You gotta love random bouts of water retention...lol. :dizzy: Hopefully, your unwelcome pound flushes back out for you today, as well!

Martine: Thank you! :) Also, let us know how your 5-day fitness challenge goes!

Nichelle: Welcome back! :wave: I'm glad you had a great experience all around while away at your conference, and I am sure you'll be able to get everything back on track now that you're home. :yes: And, congrats to your friend and her new little one!

Magicsusan: I noticed my FitBit was no longer synching with MyFitnessPal the past couple of days, so I looked into it and read that they did some scheduled maintenance that caused an error for device synching and that they hope to have it remedied by the end of the week. MFP has been buggy in general for the past couple days from all of this and their recent security breach...I've even had to input foods several times to get them to show up. Hopefully, MFP gets itself patched up soon! :crossed:

jamsk8r: Great work last month...I hope April is just as successful for you! :)

Curvy: It's been moved to the weekend, but my preparation plans for the dreaded sodium will remain the same when the time comes....water, water, water! :lol: I'm sorry that Spring break wasn't as calm as you expected -- that is unfortunate! Hopefully, you will get some calmer days thrown in here and there to help make up for it. :crossed:

---------------------------------

Weigh-in was back down to 186.2 today, so I'm glad that the gain yesterday was just bloat after all. Especially considering I indulged in Easter candy and deviled eggs all day yesterday, lol. Tonight's plans for the Mexican restaurant have been postponed until the weekend, so I won't have to worry about that just yet, but I'm still moving my fasting day to tomorrow because I'd already eaten breakfast as usual before our plans changed...so, today should just be another normal day instead. Also, our house guest, Mr. H, is back for the week - or until he gets an apartment down here, as well. Apparently, he will be living down here near the post during the week for work and heading back home to his family each weekend for the foreseeable future to minimize the commute. (The house they purchased is about an hour away.) We'll be aiding him in his search to find local rooms/small apartments to rent for this purpose -- I'm more than happy to continue helping him out in the meantime, but I'm not trying to make this a permanent situation...lol.

Week One
02: 186.2
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
Total Loss for Week One:

Martine 04-02-2018 06:04 PM

opheliaphoenix happy that the scale is back where it belongs for now. Your talk of Mexican food made me realize we haven't been to a Mexican restaurant in forever. But I do regularly make some form of vegetarian Mexican-like dishes at home. Good luck to your houseguest quickly finding a place to rent nearby.

curvynotlumpy sorry to hear that Spring break was not really a break at all for you. The hard work just never stops, does it?

jamsk8r a huge congratulations on reaching your goal of staying into Onederland! The kind of weightlifting workout interspersed with cardio is exactly what I'm doing this week. I'm not lifting anywhere as heavy as you are though.

Nichelle nice to see you again and with such great news too. A new little baby is always such a joy :) Happy for you that the conference was a positive experience as well. Sounds like you are in a positive head space and ready to get back on track.

Day two of this 5-day challenge went fine. It was steady-state cardio mixed in with upper body weightlifting. I had to talk myself into working out but once I got going it was fine. I'm dreading tomorrow's workout, which will be a mix of HIIT and core workout. I have trouble working on my core when I'm already out of breath. This won't be pretty. I don't know what my physiotherapist will say about lifting weights tomorrow though. I hope she won't tell me to stop entirely. Now onto supper, we're making marinated tofu with vegetables lettuce wraps.

01: 1h HIIT and lower body workout
02: 1h02 minutes cardio and upper body weightlifting

RunningRedHead 04-02-2018 08:49 PM

Nichelle: Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great conference. I know you’ll be able to get back on track this month:D

Martine: Wow! That sounds like quite the workout! Keep us posted on how your 5-day challenge goes! Good luck with your PT appointment tomorrow and enjoy your tofu wraps, they sound delicious!

Cheryl: Congrats on making it to (and stay in) Onederland!!! It sounds like you had a rock star month during March with your eating, here’s to a productive month of April and meeting another goal :yes:

Curvy: Sorry to hear your Spring Break week is over and not quite as quiet as you’d like :lol: Good luck to you this month as well :)

Casey: Great woosh! I hope Mr. H is able to find an apartment soon :) After all of this talk about Mexican restaurants, I think I may have to make some pico de gallo to go with some cucumber slices tomorrow.

I think I’m still up a bit due to some sodium that I’m currently trying to mitigate with water. I’m on my fifth liter for the day, so hopefully I’ll have a woosh soon. I’m starting 5:2 IF (thanks for the idea Casey) and I’m still trying to wrap my head around the new calorie goals for what I’m supposed to take in on non-fasting days. I still have more research to do, but this week will be a 2000 kcal diet on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and 500 kcal days on Tuesday and Thursday. Depending on the results, I’ll adjust the calorie goals I suppose. I hope everyone has a great night!

3/31: 275.4

Week 1:
4/2: 277.2 (+0.6)
4/3:
4/4:
4/5:
4/6:
4/7:

jamsk8r 04-03-2018 05:27 AM

Anybody else getting a serious lag when typing in a post? I get halfway through writing replies and suddenly it slows down so much it takes forever to type anything. I will try posting in the help section, see if I'm not the only one.

Curvy, your spring break sounds like every day off I've ever had, lol!

Casey, good luck finding Mr H some temp housing. Seems like your weight loss is going well.

Martine, cool that you are doing some similar workouts. I like the combo of lifting and some kind of cardio in between, especially right now since my back is still messed up, so lifting heavy is out for now.

Kayla, way to go with the water, and I hope that kicks the sodium bloat to the curb.

Hope I didn't miss anybody. This is my second attempt at this post, so I'm trying to get it done while the typing is good! ;)

-----------
Had a really good workout tonight, after two days off from workouts in a row (not on purpose). 27+ mins of lifting and rowing and sit-ups. I was sweating like crazy for about 10 mins afterward...it was ridiculous (in a good way).

01: 197.8
02: 197.4 (10 OHP/10 SU/RO 100, 15 P Sn/15 SU/RO 150, 20 PP/20 SU/RO 200, 25 P Cln/25 SU/RO 250, 30 PJ/30 SU/RO 300, 35 B SQ; for time/55#/amsu) 1.5 mi cooldown on the bike/+600m on rower in warmup)