Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Lil: he’s an NS guy but hasn’t done a lot with them since kids entered our life. And no, I don’t have the interest to partake and though I know there is a difference between them all - I’ve gone w to renfaires and they just aren’t my thing. He enjoys and that’s fine. We have other common interests. So yes I know of which you speak.

Am: Day ended kind of poorly - I’m on a chocolate kick right now and had a cookie. My TOM is delayed AGAIN and I’m thinking it’s a precursor but whomever knows. I will hop on the scale tomorrow and see where I fall. I expect right in the lower 230s. Ugh. Still can’t break free of that crappy wrist grabbing hold it has on me. Yuck.

My family in all facets - is driving me nuts right now. All of them: parents, siblings, kids, etc. NUTSOLA. I need to go find a safe retreat and hide out as I find I’m really loud right now. Alas, I’m glad the day is almost over. Thank goodness.

Have a good night see y’all tomorrow and here’s hoping for something good. Right now not much.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #422  

I’ve been horrible. I haven’t tracked my calories the last few days. I’ve eaten cookies and had a soda, and water bores me this week. In fact I’d like to be like miss muffet and sit on my tuffet. How does one ditch that attitude? I want to keep the scale moving but seriously awoke this morning shaking my head and saying is this a farce or only convenient when I’d like it to be or am I really on board for this journey? I know - we all have hiccups and life to live and sometimes diets aren’t the focus. Maybe one fine day my attitude will change and i will be 200% on board.

Sorry I’m babbling my thoughts as I’m not really successful this week. Or month for that matter.

So I hope you all are doing better than I. The good news is I have the tools at my disposal. The bad news is getting over this hump but good.

Help me see the light ladies! Today I’m frustrated with myself.

Ok wishing you all well! I’m off to go check some of my auctions and will grab my coffee and face the day. And check my crazy attitude at the door.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #423  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys, I've been super busy (how different!) and haven't had time to check in. In fact, this will pretty much be a drive-by in a single paragraph if this goes according to plan because I'm travelling this weekend for production and all the scripts aren't ready yet (cue freak out!) Anyway my dad's birthday was fine. I swam in a sea of cake and it was epic and left me feeling a little sick and also according to the scale 5.5 lbs heavier than I was on Saturday morning by yesterday evening but it's okay. I also had a little birthday tipple and not being much (or at all) a drinker because it hurts my stomach, that probably aided some water retention. Anyway, I'm 2lbs down from yesterday today so I know it's probably not real weight but still "freakout-dom." Lemonthyme, weekends are incredibly rough and impending TOM makes them even rougher as I too want to eat ALL the things. I'm not even a particularly huge fan of chocolate and yet around TOM, I'm all over it. Then add to it being the weekend and impending TOM, you're also entering an incredibly stressful week, it's completely understandable that the food side of things gets crazy. It's going to be okay. I think the on-plannedness comes in waves. As lovely as it would be to on-plan all the time, it would be incredibly boring and as you say, you are still 35-lbs down which is in itself a wonderful weight loss achievement. Lillion: I hope your husband will be able to help a bit more with your pups when he's done with hunting season as well. And FWIW, I don't think getting a dog-sitter is at all selfish. People-moms do it all the time for their kids in the form of babysitters or grandparents or nursery schools or which ever support system giving them a break so that they don't completely burn out. No shame in that game. You may not have much time left with your pup, but even dealing with that requires emotional resilience which requires rest and self care- it helps no one including her if you burn out. That's my unsolicited 2 cents anyway. I had no idea what a Scadian is and I had to look it up. I'm fascinated! I've bookmarked it so that I can be properly fascinated on google once I'm done with production. I hope everything is going better for you and you have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Diane, how's it all going? Any special plans for Thanksgiving. I hope you're back to rocking out your workouts and everything is going well for you.

I've got to go. My only goals for today are scripts and getting at least 30 minutes of exercise in this night. Have a great day everyone.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #424  

Toasted: I’m glad you had fun celebrating w your dad. That’s good to do every now and then! Sorry work is driving you nuts - it will settle at some point won’t it? What are some ways you decorate for Christmas? I ask because we are going for our tree at some point this weekend. The place we go cuts every morning before opening. And since I’m kind of in the land of trees we can get a nice one for $20. We’ve cut our own in the past but because I tend to like the long needle variety as do the deer - finding a grower that has them has been hit or miss until we found this family. I hope to see if they have trimmings I can buy as well for some front porch decor. Might as well get it all done and looking nice. I always find it interesting how other places in the world celebrate/decorate if you don’t mind me asking.

Am: well in my short time of being upright this morning I have decided to try my best through the weekend. I was going to set out for a walk after the bus leaves but currently it’s 29 and feels like 16 they say. We have 30-40 mph wind gusts as well. So maybe no on the walk! Bad I know. I’m guessing winter is on its way. I’m not going to bother w setting out the recycling for tomorrow it will blow down the street and I don’t want to chase. You know - wind in winter is always a pain!

What are some in house simple exercises that might help me out? I’m suppose to keep using my band for my ongoing issues as well as some planks. However - is there something I can simply do that will keep my body happy other than housework? If I get my basement cleaned up somewhat I can add back in walking there. I run up and down my stairs all day long (imagine what I’d be without that one). Just thinking of other simple things that maybe I can add.

Ok I’m rambling again. To quote the kids - I’m outta here! Have a good day - may you all hit your goals. Just now I’m trying today and will see where it will take me!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #425  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: I don't know if you can look at your computer easily and be able to do some exercises on the floor, but I know they do have some good videos online that can help you out while having to stay inside. Might be something to check out. But, I'm also with Toasted on this, keep in mind that you've lost around 35 pounds. That's still awesome! There might be those weeks that just don't fall the way we want them to, but if we quit completely, we could lose all progress that we've made so far. Sometimes maintaining is a victory!

Toasted: Glad you enjoyed your Dad's birthday. Cake is awesome!! Those extra pounds will come back off, no problem. Hope you get your work stuff done!!

For me, just looking forward to being done today. Then, I'll be off until Monday. I have a lot to do at home, but at least I'll be at home!!! I still have pain in my foot, so I'm not working out until at least the weekend, and maybe I'll wait until Monday. We'll see how it goes.

Going to enjoy the rest of the week, but try to be mindful and not overindulge too much. Fortunately, it seems like we're not getting too much stuff here at the office yet. That usually starts happening in December. I don't get too excited about it all anyway, since it kind of grosses me out not knowing who was hovering over it all.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #426  

Diane: have you tried taping your foot daily to see if that helps relieve some of the inflammation? I have never been diagnosed w such but have had similar issues. I’ve looked online for PT helps and how to tape and that seemed to allow it to settle some. I also began using magnesium oil (dead sea salts w distilled water) sprayed on problem areas and rubbed in. With both of these they became huge helps and I’m no longer first out of bed hobbiling like an old lady. Maybe something to look into. No sense in feeling good but for a crappy foot problem!

Ok so I’m going to see if there are a few exercises that might be good to add to my day. I’m horrible at videos - just like line dancing everyone goes right this girl goes left. So if I can find something that’s fairly easy to comprehend and do I’m doing well.

Am: So far doing kind of ok w calories. Some moments I’d love to just sit down and stuff my face w no worries. I’ve been having tea and coffee more for warming the belly and ignoring big water intake. I’ve been bad with that all.

I forgot to say I got my one project done but not the other. That’s a help on the moving on to something else front. I’ll get there - slowly! I forgot the kids don’t have school tomorrow so I’ll have to figure something into the day for that as well. Ugh. Again - so far behind especially w gift making and kids off precludes me working on them.

Off to slay some romaine and veggies and get the squash in the oven to roast because that sounds good for lunch today. Here’s to goodness for you all. Time to say goodbye 230s. 232.8 does not cut it.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #427  

LOL Toasted. The SCA is an amusing hobby. Basically reenacting the middle ages in Europe - as they should have been. Africa falls under the Kingdom of Drachenwald - but since that is also Europe and the Middle-East, you'll probably be hard pressed to find anyone who actually plays. But it is pretty fun if you are a complete history nerd and like learning about how things were done from the 6th to 16th century.

This is a fly-by. I have a headache and totally too much to do to be on the internet. Hopefully I'll get enough done to stay out of trouble with the Powers That Be when my reports are run at the end of the month. Not really looking forward to that.

Lemon - hang in there! It's hard to keep the motivation going, especially over weekends and holidays make it worse!

Diane - enjoy the long weekend and feel better soon!!!

If I don't get back before next week - Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans and just happy weekend to everyone else!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #428  

Happy

Wishing all you stateside a wonderful time of family and friends! Safe travels to all as well!

Didnt hop on scale as kids were to Sleep in and you guessed it - up with dawn! So I’ve been running with them. We have to bake today and run to the bank and get packed and the house cleaned and bills paid. So no scale was fot in but will probably after I eat! At least it will give me a slight idea of where I sit before his weekend.

The good news is we are back to one big meal and one smaller meal. Woot.

Ok - I’m on a sprint today so wishing you all well and enjoy your visits and toasted just have a really nice weekend!

I’m off and here’s hoping my weight gain will be minimal. I’m packing the tennis shoes and making DH go walk with me. Maybe that will help it all.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #429  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

OMG guys!!! I just finished all the scripts. 90% of scripts are ready and the rest have gone out for translation. Glory beee!!!!!!!! My hands are literally shaking right now and you're the first people I had to come and tell. OMG OMG OMGGGG!!!!!! So excited and completely knackered! But excited. Yes I'm travelling to the boonies all of next week for production which is actually my least favourite activity in soap opera production. Without ego (which is usually followed by a brag, I know but I actually mean it in a "i'm-good-at-wiping-my-bottom-but-it's-hardly-my-favourite-activity-or-something-i-want-to-boast-about" sort of way if that makes it any better. It doesn't, does it? Oh well. You're my tribe. I hope you know what I mean), I'm good at production because of my slightly obsessive, organize-y and manage-y ways, but I hate it so much. So many people about and so much talk and conversation and then all the takes and retakes and the people always expecting me to know what to do or say and how to fix things. Give me the solitary pursuits of writing and editing any day. But sigh, it is what it is. I'm still shaking and feeling tense like "shouldn't there be something I should be stressing about?" "Why isn't there an urgent deadline hanging over my head, sword of Damocles-stylee?" I've been at the office till 10pm every single night this week and it's only 8pm right now (i mean I'm still here but I could leave and relax guiltless at home). I can actually go home and read a book guilt-free and I might just do that.

I could go on like this ad nauseum because I don't think my to do list has been this empty in YEARS. Oops just remembered I actually have some abstracts to write for a conference I'm attending next year but that's not ultra urgent. I mean now, I actually have the luxury of having a leisurely think of how best to present my ideas rather than the hatchet job, cobble-together-something panic write I was going to do. Meh. Save it for another day. Read a romance novel today.

Oh by the way what I should actually have started with HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS!!!! I hope you're all eating ALL THE FOOD!!! I'm on Instagram eating vicariously through you. Please stay safe and healthy everyone. I'm thankful for each and every one of you and how supportive you guys are and for our mini-community here on this thread. God bless you guys!

Lemonthyme: We have a fake tree because we don't grow Christmass-y trees here in the tropics. We have tree decorations (you know the kind i mean baubles, fans, bells, ribbons, mini father christmases, glass ornaments, etc etc) most of which are from my childhood and my parents, my brother and I get together and listen to Christmas carols and put up the tree and decorate it and them put up a few wreaths and fake holly here and there and we're done. Like I said, we're lazy christmas people. My parent's neighbourhood has a Christmas decorating competition for outdoors and people do all the outdoor light art and mangers and outdoor grottos and statues and all the muchness. But it's mostly people with little kids and you know a neighbourly competitive spirit, neither of which exist at my parent's house. We're keep our fences high and mind our own business sort of people, except my mom. She'd probably not mind a little more neighbourliness. Pity she's surrounded by antisocials. Re suggestions other than the band for workouts, how do you feel about video workouts? There are free indoor walking workouts or kickboxing or low impact or really anything to suit your interest online. My personal favourite free workout personality is Jessica Smith, she's ace on YouTube and you don't require much space or equipment. Or for greater variety there's Amazon Prime Video (which I sometimes use) or Netflix (I don't actually know what they have but I imagine they must have workout videos). Or if there's a specific workout, you know suits your needs, it might be worth investing in a few DVDs. When do you leave for your trip? I hope it is EVERYTHING AMAZING AND BEYOND EXPECTATION!

Diane: Sorry to hear about the pain in your foot. I hope it feels better soon. Not to be a snake oil peddler prescribing olive oil for a broken bone, but it might be worth a shot, have you ever tried Magnesium Oil? It really helps me with everything from strains, muscle soreness, bunions, restless legs all sorts and my parents use it on their arthritis too and say it helps. It may or may not help you but it might be worth a shot if you haven't already tried. I hope you're having a fabulous thanksgiving day.

Lillion: I'm even more fascinated by SCA now. I can see myself falling into an SCA-sized hole on the internet during my commute home. So wait, I'm in the same kingdom as Europe and the Middle East in the 16th century??? The mind absolutely boggles. I'm not a history nerd but this all sounds very interesitng. I grew up in Africa but I was a math and science nerd and somehow managed to evade my way out of taking any history (because i thought it was all sad and depresssing- forgive me, I was a romance fiend) but in college I took a class called US History Through The Novel to fulfill my history requirement. Which doesn't much prepare me for alternate realities in the 16th century but I could learn. I hope your head feels better and that the Powers That Be are soooo filled with turkey and impending Christmas cheer that they cut you a break. In essence, may the Holy Spirit touch their hearts and find you some favour there because you've been through IT this month whether they know it or not. Praying that all goes well for you.

Alright guys, I'm going to leave myself goal-less for today. My goal is to go home and wallow and thank God that my load is lightened. That's pretty much it. Again Happy Thanksgiving!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:36 AM   #430  

Toasted: that must be a huge accomplishment! Good for you in getting it done - I used to stay until the end when I was working - a lot of times I wanted to hear good job or thank you but those were really quite absent. I’m glad you feel good about your accomplishments! Hang in there with your travels. Why the boondocks?

Hello gals in the US! How were your thanksgivings?

AM: kind of overate. I’ll admit I didn’t track calories, I was just going by how I felt before bed. My ILS table was the blandest I’ve ever seen - everything really appeared oatmeal in color. OMG from turkey to over souped green bean casserole to rutabagas. I was screaming inside for steamed veg of carrots and beans and sweet potatoes, fresh cranberry salad etc. The only color was the canned cranberry roll on a plate which for a big meal is not where it’s at. It was the saddest color presentation ever. And my salad I brought was of the sweet variety and blended right in (I bring it because the rest enjoy it). At my families it was just soup and pie. So I got the opposite edge of the spectrum with autumn tones and flavors or browns and tans. One day I will host my own turkey day and do what I enjoy!

No shopping here due to the trip in future. I have a few stops to make today but they are of the second hand nature. My littlest needs some sweatshirts and sweaters for winter. So I’ll hit those up to look for and maybe take a peak for myself. I’ve not had a lot of luck clothing wise of late.

I brought my tennis shoes and DH and I will go for a walk after breakfast. Maybe we can get two in today and see about feeling better w the weight. He’s big, I’m big and we both could look better and a walk is free.

So to my humdrum weekend of planning sewing projects for the Christmas season, maybe a small grocery list of items to stretch through the week, my ongoing to do lists that never seem to get done. My messy house upon return that drives me nuts - Millions of thoughts running through my head and I feel I accomplish nothing.

I got a bday gift of a jacket. I’m too big for it, it fits and I can zip it, but it doesn’t fit well. My sister even had her DH try it on and it fit him - sad when a big tall guy has to try it on to make sure it will fit me sadly it’s too tight through the arms and across my back. And here I thought yesterday morn my upper arm flab was less. Guess not. That was going to be my NSV but I guess it’s not to be - darn clothing designers who don’t figure in larger women also may be wider across the back/ shoulder area.

Ok well off to have some breakfast and off for my walk. I hope it can help.

Happy day all!
Old 11-25-2017, 06:33 AM   #431  

Went for the 40min walk w the DH and arrived back with a bleeding blister on my heel. I’ve worn these shoes without issue before, they are a bit older but never have had them attack my foot like that. What an irritation! Puts a crimp in my plans.

Eating is still up and down as there are treats around me and I have a penchant for partaking no matter how good I think I can be. We will be traveling home again soon so I can leave said treats here and get back on the horse!

Hope you all are doing ok. It’s the actual weekend now so I hope you each are doing well.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #432  

Ok, this nonsense, expected with travel and holiday in there - but ok tired of the 230s. DH and I did have a nice walk but at the end I created a bleeding blister on one foot and my top foot bones on the other are aching. So the magnesium oil has come out for the boney foot issues and the bandaids for the other and get on with it. Since we are having nice weather I hope we can squish in a few more outdoor walks. I guess to get this weight into the 220s and beyond it’s going to take lots of movement. I don’t know how that will work with my body and days, but I’ve got to try.

Do any of you ever feel you have all these ideas of things to do, how to decorate etc and YOU CANT GET THEM TO FRUITION?! It’s like my brain sees all these neat things and I sit to do them and they don’t turn out the way I had hoped, or I don’t have the budget for or time or. . . the list goes on - basically I feel I’m in a rut of all things. Argh!

Today will find me restricting the calories again, pushing the water, decorating outside my house, hanging lights as it’s to be 55 or so today. I’m running to town to see if I can find some second hand garlands to help decorate and remake into my own and maybe move on for a 1/10 of what ideas I have in my head and say I accomplished exactly what’s in my minds eye.

Happy day all - get back on here - I need help getting out of this decade and of course people to cheer me on. And I need to cheer you on! As well as commiserate about the foibles of holiday eating, craziness of readying for further holidays and lamenting the fact that I had hoped to be 30 lbs less when readying to make a swimsuit for my January trip. Instead I’ll have to see if I can work on 10 lbs and keep that off between now and then. Today my scale is daunting, the 30s are screaming at me, I feel flabby fat, I need to take control AGAIN!

Quick good news I found a pair of shorts while at the gw by my mom, I got them, they are 18s but loose upon a second try on at home. Maybe just maybe I’ll squeeze my bum into 16s. Will see if I can find any today as well.

Ok I’m off - may you all have lots better scales then myself! And let’s stomp some pounds off next week. I’m here to help you all!
Old 11-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #433  

No w/I

Kids on bus and now facing the house from hades with everything just dropped. My family is very good about that skill and sadly all of them DH included will say “I don’t see anything”. Today would be a wonderful day to build a bonfire and throw in all of the things that just get dropped and then be able to say I asked and asked for you to pick things up - and I got tired of waiting for you to loose your super power sense lacking sight yes it’s one of those days where I need 6 of myself and a family that knows how to clean or will hire me a cleaning team. Today I struggle with the house.

Attempting to IF today - I havent over the long weekend. Kind of bits and pieces of it just not the full fledge. So today I will try my best in getting this done. I think I’ll pop in a few chicken breasts into the pressure cooker and get them in the fridge so I can throw them with salad or avocados. I need to right this ship that is seriously listing in the weight department.

I have to travel over the weekend again for a DH event. So I have other people offering foodstuffs so I’ll have to be sure to grab some good snacks and hope not everything is sauced horribly, deep fried or buttered or the like.

Got a bit of our outside decorations up and out and they lit up last night. Today I may get my front door with a wreath on it and then maybe between all the cleaning, hang stockings and decorate my open staircase. Will see.

I am not in a christmasy mood yet - I am irritated by Christmas music which my
DH plays always on the drive down to my family’s on thanksgiving since we eat the big meal at his folks and have a 3 hr trip each way with stops so 3 hours of music I didn’t want to hear. He and I don’t see eye to eye on the music choices for the season - he tends to like to play what he grew up with and I like mine which are completely on opposite ends - he likes the carpenters and Feliz navidad and other 70s top hits. I prefer harry Simone, Shawn colvin or burl Ives. Shopping isn’t interesting me (stayed away from Black Friday but saw the nonsense of full lots of cars on turkey day Spend time with your families without shopping - in my early adult life I worked as a cashier I learned so long ago - stay away from the stores then) and not to mention the list of lists to get done before year end!

I’m tired thinking about it all.

So hello all! Enjoy your start to a new week. Hopefully everyone’s scales are ok and for those that managed the holidays well - great scales! I will fight with mine this week and maybe just maybe I can get the numbers to recede. FOR GOOD.

Happy day all! I’m off to figure out my day and find something good somewhere.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-27-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #434  

Greetings all! The American Holiday is officially over. All gone but the food. LOL Actually, the food is mostly gone, thank GOD, from my house. There's still a bit of turkey and some veggies and some sweet potatoes - and a sugar-free dessert. That's the good news. Bad news is it's gone because I ATE IT ALL! Yeah...I ate a LOT.

I'm not sure I care that much.

For a few weeks now, I've just been marking time on My Fitness Pal. Logging on for the sake of logging on...keeping that 277 day (last time I looked) log-in streak going, without really putting any effort in. Heck, I'm not sure I even logged any food yesterday. Probably didn't. So...I'm thinking of starting all over. Taking my next WI on Friday and just setting my start weight at that and my log-ins back to day 1. My husband is the same way. He's been on an absolute TEAR over sweets lately. He's forever sneaking a peanut butter ball or snicker's out of the freezer...just snack, snack, snack. He's gained at least 10 lbs in the last month or two. I haven't been that bad. I'm pretty good about ignoring sweets most of the time if I don't see him eating them and even then I can usually say no.

Yep. Definitely time to recommit. Why wait for New Years? Friday December 1 is just as good.

Toasted - I could FEEL how excited you were! How fun and exciting it must be to work in TV. I laughed out loud at "i'm-good-at-wiping-my-bottom-but-it's-hardly-my-favourite-activity-or-something-i-want-to-boast-about". That was the most descriptive thing I've read in a while! As for the SCA - not just 16th...6th to 16th century. Which basically means you can have someone with a Norse Viking persona next to a Elizabethan next to a crusader. Take a gander at www.sca.org when you get some time. It's not really like larping...no one usually puts on the accent and pretends to be in their time period. It's more casual and social than that.

Lemon - Right there with you on the lack of Christmas cheer. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm more scrooge than you. The weather this weekend has been amazing - 60's and sunny - and all my neighbors are putting up their lights and my husband and I are like - Bah Humbug! If I could find a Grinch cut-out I'd put him in my yard. We didn't do a tree last year or the year before - granted, the year before we vacationed over Christmas so weren't home. I'd rather do that again - take a trip and ignore the holiday - but we're broke. I actually do keep dropping hints to the husband that we should at least TRY to get in the spirit...maybe put up a tree...but he's even more humbug than I am. Maybe it's my empty nest, but it's just not seemed like Christmas for years now.

Ah well...I must get some work done. Came in late and feeling ill - nasty headcold developed yesterday - and I have to get something accomplished since I bothered to come to work.

Last edited by Lilion; 11-27-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #435  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It is so good to be back to routine! I have missed you guys so much! Between the weeklong conference and traveling for court hearings and the Thanksgiving craziness, I haven’t been around much. Have skimmed the last few pages, and it is so nice to hear about people accomplishing things and still having time to post and worry about the weight control issues that I can’t afford to ignore for long if I want to be a healthier, more energetic me.

Diane – I’m so glad you introduced the holiday challenge. It’s a great reminder that we aren’t really powerless against the holiday onslaught of calories and so much busy that fitness routines are difficult to maintain. It’s definitely difficult, but I am grateful that I am not alone, and I appreciate you introducing reasonable expectations. I’m the master at setting ridiculous goals and quitting when I know I won’t make them.

Toasted – I absolutely encourage you bragging about anything and everything, and I am super honored to be considered a member of your tribe. And not to be too crude, but at 278 pounds, I sometimes struggled to be able to wipe successfully, so I am happy to cheer that skill. But the ability to produce is something I absolutely admire. You have such an interesting life. I won’t ask a lot of probing questions because of the necessity of anonymity, but I think I would love to just sit at your feet and listen to your humorous and interesting anecdotes working on something that I relate to only on a “I am so impressed” level.

LemonThyme – Ugh. Husbands and kids and their inability to even notice the chaos they cause. I feel ya. I do have a secret formula, though. I mostly don’t care. When we entertain, I tell people that my place is a mess because that’s how I live. =) I do care about dishes, though, so that brings out my inner nag. We have a dishwasher. How hard is it to put dishes in it, people? And are you really telling me that your life is so chaotic that you can’t spare the three or four minutes it takes to put the clean dishes away? But I mostly just accept that I will be loading and unloading the dishwasher and decide to fight the kids about the need to shower and do their homework and to be generally decent people (except for the part about not putting their dishes in the sink).

Lilion – I find it inspirational that you feel like you have to work if you drag yourself into work. I’m actually the opposite. If I drag myself into work and am able to parry a few questions, I have “done the best I could” and feel entitled to just go through the motions. Of course, I don’t have to deal with end-of-the-month reports. =) Hope you feel better. Yay on being through the Thanksgiving food fest and getting rid of most of the non-essential food. I have been a soulmate for your husband on sugar the past few weeks. I froze yesterday’s cookies so I won’t have to look at them, and am hoping I will make better choices.

I went back in time to see my holiday challenge stats so I would have a better idea of how ugly things really were on my work trip. I did a relatively good job at meals. For lunch, I had either some nuts or a protein bar. For breakfast, I enjoyed scrambled eggs and maybe some sort of breakfast meat. For dinner, I consistently ordered off the kids’ menu and never finished the meal. It was the “snacks” that killed me. The conference had plenty of soda, cookies, granola bars, etc. (Remarkably, the soda did not tempt me, but the rest did.) The hotel featured fresh-baked cookies in the lobby, replenishing the supply every two hours. My husband combed the businesses for cupcakes, cookies, and candy that would tempt me. And I ate so much of the unadulterated, too-often-not-very-good junk. I weighed last Monday to find myself at 159.8. I managed this week a bit better, but with birthdays and visits from family and Thanksgiving itself, I found myself eating tons o’ cookies, ice cream, pie, candy, etc. And the worst part is that I planned time to run virtually every day, and then just didn’t want to do it most days. I walked a lot, so it wasn't a total bust, but I was disappointed in my mental block that I never quite overcame. Nor did I lift any weights. So, rededicating myself today, and feel so much better to be back in work routine and fitness and food routines. I ran this morning. I woke up a bit late and putzed around a bit, but decided that something was better than nothing, and ran a respectable (for me) 2.2 miles in about 22 minutes.

Holiday Challenge Start – 149.8 (11/6/2017)
Current – 155.4 (11/27/2017) (down from 159.8 on 11/20/2017)
Goal – 144.9 or below on January 1.

Goals for the day –

1 – 20K steps (already at 12.8K! Woot!)
2 – 2 sets of bodyweight exercises (haven’t done these in FOREVER)
3 – Smart food choices. No random sugar (I am giving myself an exception for Kashi GoLean cereal as a snack rather than go cold turkey)
4 – Weigh in the morning.
5 – Enforce a reasonable bed time (in bed by 10, asleep by 10:30). Have work-out clothes ready to go for the morning before going to bed.
6 – Get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to hit the gym and lift weights
7 – Check in at 3FC (usually I don’t have to make this a goal, but y’all know how unreliable I have been lately)

Hope this week is great for everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote