Old 12-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #466  

Hooray Lemon!
Keep it up!

Last edited by Lilion; 12-06-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #467  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Congrats on the weight loss! Looks like you broke through that 230 barrier and now can continue the downward numbers! Good for you! I like having goals like that, that coincide with certain key life events. Very cool! Looks like IF is a good plan for you!

Lilion: Wow! I'm glad you went to the doctor when you did!! Hopefully now with all of the medication help, you can get past all of this sickness stuff. I'm glad you're feeling better, but I would agree that you still need to take it easy. I had pneumonia once. It is awful! What you are already going through is awful!!!!

Laurie: Isn't it just amazing what little time it takes and your muscles act like you've never done any lifting before in your life!? I hope you get through the soreness and just ease back into it all. So humbling! I'm still trying to get back on running. Very slow process.

For me, I wasn't thrilled with the scale this morning. It went up just a little bit, but enough to make me roll my eyes. Come on! It made me want to go back to bed, but then I talked myself down and realized that you have to take the good with the bad if you weigh daily. I didn't have a stellar day with food yesterday, so I'm sure that didn't help.

Anyway, I did go running last night after work. Tedious effort. Some days it all feels great, other days, not so much. But made it through. I went to spin this morning and didn't love the class today. I think it was all about my attitude and less about the class though. But, I guess I'm glad I went.

Pushing lots of water today, just to try to cleanse whatever needs to be cleansed.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you all! I’m trying and I appreciate you being my sounding board! It’s not been easy to get to this small milestone a year in the making I’d guess or nine - depends on what schedule you follow

You know how a name from your past pops into your thoughts and you go google to see what became of them? I did that today. A boy from my youth who was in my school life for about 2 years and then the family moved. Always wondered what he became - he always had dark hair and these blue eyes like the rough waters/waves crashing Great Lakes water in winter when they hit the ice. Anywho - when I knew him his family was new to the country and on benefits, trying to make a go. Well evidently they did, or I should say he did - he’s now a big gun in the US financial markets and appears to be doing quite well as he’s always photoed on the red carpet w the trophy wife so to speak, and at high end events or at least those were the first up for google searches. It makes you wonder how people become super successful and you become just plain you. Anyway - it was quite interesting to see his success in such a short time.

Diet this afternoon has been shaky w sweets. Still not counting my calories fully. I hadn’t been doing too badly and keep to my 8 hours of eating window. In between I managed to get gifts wrapped and under the tree. I don’t have a lot due to the upcoming trip which is fine. However it’s another task done so I can move onto the next.

Here’s hoping I can find something quick for dinner tonight as it’s a church night. Maybe just eggs again. Will have to see.

Remind me to not google people from my past - sometimes it leaves you feeling kind of not too important in this world when you read of their great successes.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #469  

Height: 5'5"

Drive-by check-in today. I got an email at 9:13 telling me I needed to appear at a hearing in-person at 10:00, and my day just continued from there.

Fighting with the husband today. Jealousy issues again. =( I texted him a random article someone had sent me, and he responded with a bizarre-o, completely unrelated snarky comment about the friend I had hugged last night. Wanted to eat all the sugar. Ate tuna instead. That's my iron-will story for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day, and will do a more thorough check-in tomorrow.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #470  

Laurie: I’m sorry your day was lousy. Can I ask, by chance did your DH have jealousy issues when you were heavy or just when you are thin and svelte? If it’s only been as thin, do you think he’s worried you might leave him or that since you have shed the heavy gal - the no one will bother her if she’s heavy mantra isn’t there to give him some leeway in his feelings? I’ve known women who have made body changes only to have the spouse feel threatened (when the wife hasn’t indicated that’s happening or anything is wrong), only that the lady chose to make themselves over either for health or just feeling good about themselves. I’m sorry yours opted for the snark. That’s never easy.

If you want to vent - we’re all ears - or eyes - I hate when relationships get kooky!

AM: found out that I need cookies for a sale this weekend at church. Ugh. I thought I had more time, but nope! So I have to scurry tomorrow and find recipes and see what I have on hand. Of course it falls halfway to next payday and money is a bit snug due to trip saving (can I just reiterate I’ll be super glad once it’s done!) and I’ll see what I have in the pantry and send a list w DH. yeah - cookies in the house. We don’t play nice - cookies and I. I eat them. Too many of them, I don’t want to see the 230s again. So I’ll have to bake and get rid of as soon as I can.

I’m hopeful tomorrow maybe my scale will be a bit less. Who knows. Hard candy today got me. It could be worse like a chocolate bar or cookies or . . .

Here’s hoping people have good scales and good days tomorrow. This time of year leads to total craziness in all facets! Hang in there, I’m wishing you all well.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #471  

The scale was kind this am. I will saying a doing IF and sticking with it I find I’m not stuffing my mouth nor am I generally hungry as the day goes on. For that, I’m finding some good news.

My day will be full of cookie baking today - ugh. I think I’ll box up a small box and ship some to my mom tomorrow and she can be surprised with something fairly fresh and before the glut of everything on Christmas. Besides, finding a box in your mail is always a nice surprise.

Laurie: I hope your day goes better and you and DH discussed what’s up and where the problem is. You don’t need the additional stress heading into he holidays. On the nonsense thought size - what’s the craziest gift you have ever given/received?

Lil: how is the FIL doing? Tomorrow is his surgery? I hope all goes well for him. How are you healing? Hopefully much better!

Toasted: you must be doing your symposium - is this something you have to
Do often? I miss your encouragement! Are you all set with your presents? I’m not I still have to do one more order but haven’t made it yet. It might be a right before Christmas order unless I find it all locally.

Bookmark: (sorry if I messed up your screenname!) I’m on my phone and don’t have a second screen up. Hopefully all is going well as you refocus at this time of year! Keep up the good work.

Diane: how was spin and lifting? Did you get all in that you planned? Have you found something that works for your foot pain?

Hello all!

Ok I’m off to go bake and not eat - oh what a challenge I give myself! Happy day all - find something good, even if tiny- that makes you smile!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #472  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hi guys!!! How goes? I disappeared for a week because my week has been crazy but sanity is being restored now and I can come hang with you all. The weekend was... a hot mess. I ate ALL the things! ALLLLLLLL of them! Literally. Like literally "go-check-your-actual-fridge-at-home-in-your-actual-house-because-i-might-have-flown-the-actual-atlantic-and-eaten-YOU-out-of-house-and-home" ALL THE THINGS. It wasn't pretty. And the scale told me so. And my digestive discomfort also told me so. But it's done now. I'm back-ish on track (let's not talk about "Cake Tuesday"- that's also in the past). I'm more or less back on track. I've started IF this week, but not every day. Just 3-4 days a week because my body can be a sensitive flower about certain more intense protocols, but here's hoping it works. Exercise has NOT been happening. I miss running and fear I've lost all the gains I made the last couple of months but somehow, it's been really hard to make myself do anything especially with travel and work and just how stressful everything has been. But enough of that. Work and stress is not an excuse to slack on myself. Work won't be forever but I only have this one temple to look after and I should be doing better. I'm recommitting to restart exercising tonight- (I wasn't going to say tonight. I was going to say next week Monday but then I got convicted. And now I've said I'll do it when all I ACTUALLY want to do is go home curl up with a book and go to bed early).

lemonthyme: I 'ed sooooooo many times catching up on your posts that I don't even know where to start! I meeeaaaaannnnnnnnnn girrrrrrrrlllllll!!!!! YESSSSS 220s get in!!! 30lbs down! Oh and of course being done with THAT project!!!! !!!!!!!!! I totally understand what you mean by having a weight that just makes you go "who dis????" Is this me??? For me that was 235lbs and then Onederland was like "OMG i'm skinny)... But then I was an obese child (like 190lbs at age 12 and in the 200s thereafter), and an obese teenager and an obese college student so I totally feel you on how certain weight milestones can feel MINDBLOWING! Re: your shoe questions, I'd say I lost about half a shoe size-ish and my feet also feel a lot more comfortable in shoes. Heels are a little easier to balance in and a little kinder to the knees but I was a bit of a newborn foal at my highest weight and I suppose I'm still a bit of a newborn foal now so I've just accepted my newborn foal swag!

Lillion: Goodness gracious!!! I'm so glad you've gotten treatment. I was really troubled to read you were still sick as I was catching up. Praying you feel better really soon. I love ALL the carbs too when I'm sick (and when I'm well too to be honest). All the easily-digested, stomach-soothing carbs so I feel you. How are you feeling today? I'm going to be praying for your father-in-law and his surgery that everything goes well. Please baby yourself as much as possible till you're better and RESSSSSTTTTT as much as you can please!!!

Diane: I'm struggling on weekend's too diet-wise. But last weekend sounds like an active, fun time. Any fun plans for this weekend? Yay for showing up for your workouts whether you're feeling like it or not. You're total #workoutspiration !!! It's because of you and what I see you doing even when you've tried to talk yourself out of it, that I'm determined to get back on the horse tonight.

Laurie: (Most of) one's sanity is really the ideal. No one needs ALL the sanity, this world is too crazy for that. Yay taking a step back so that the scale doesn't make you crazy. It should be a tool not the destroyer. I too have had times when the scale has made me a total defeatist. Not just triggered me falling off the wagon, but smashing the wagon as well and burning it to cinders so it no longer even exists. Yay being back on track. Know that you are total #stepgoals . I admire how active you are, step-wise, even aside from the other exercise you do. It takes commitment and dedication that shines through and inspires. Because yes, we're all here for weight loss, but we all want our hearts and bodies to be healthy as well. And knowing you can be that active with a full time job and kids and a husband (who was being weird but okay) and everything life throws, is total inspiration! And YESSSSSS #ironwillvictory #IWV

Bookmark: Hello, nice to meet you. I'm sorry you're feeling down about your progress over the past few months. The feeling of missed opportunities and recriminations suck soooooo hard! But you know what, today is a new day. And even if it's not started well, this is a new minute and a new opportunity to turn things around. And if you fail, every moment you're alive is a fresh moment to get back on track and push on. So because of that, it's never a stupid time to smart. Now is always the smartest time to start working towards your goals. Even if you're not feeling it at the moment, we all go through that and sometimes just coming in to get the ranting and whining and frustration out is what is needed to start turning things around.

Alright let me get back to work. Things are slowing down a bit, Thank God.

Goals for the Rest of The Day
1.) Stay under 1500 calories for the day
2.) Get in at least 6000 steps
3.) Drink all assigned water
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #473  

Toasted: welcome back! Sorry your world is crazy and the cake monsters got you but good. I’m making cookies today and we know how those buggers trip me up easily, the good news is I drop them off at church Saturday so a fairly short time at my house and if I put the extras in the basement freezer I won’t eat them. I easily hate running to the basement because it’s just out of my way - plus it’s in a non heated stairwell to go down to the stairs and though it’s only about 12 degrees cooler than the rest of the house, it’s too cool in the winter and it usually makes me need to warm up thereafter so the appeal goes way down. Besides I’ll admit I can be lazy!

AM: first batch of cookie dough refrigerating and I’ll be making roll out sugar cookies so I can frost them later today. So I have to decide on my cookie cutter shape and just get going.

I’m looking forward to my colorful plate of food at 11 - avocado, hard boiled egg, grape tomatoes, a banana and string cheese. Seems to be working fairly well and I can go late into the afternoon before eating again. So the good news is I found something that works, trips my eyes for color and taste has been good. Every so often I’d love a toasted bagel with butter, but I’m trying to avoid right now. Maybe I’ll have one if I get to 199. I’ve been trying to remain good about it all when discussing bread products. I do love a fresh out of oven loaf with some butter but I’ll avoid that discussion.

Ok - on to cookie cutter selection. Be safe anyone out west, those fires look simply horrible and unpredictable.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:16 AM   #474  

Good Morning my dears!

Laurie, so sorry you had a rough day with the husband. Men can be so weird. My first was a ridiculously jealous, controlling guy. My wonderful, perfect husband now, I don’t think has a jealous bone in his body. This will pass. Hang in there. Big hugs!

Diane, up and down goes the scale. You know it’s all good as long as down is the majority. Hang in there!

Lemon, I can honestly say I don’t know anyone that successful. Apparently all of us were a bunch of slackers. From your description, “these blue eyes like the rough waters/waves crashing Great Lakes water in winter when they hit the ice” he sounds yummy! LOL Congrats on the continued loss! You are officially lighter than I can remember weighing in the last 30 years. Good luck on the baking. Me? I eat ALL the cookies. I love me some peanut butter chocolate chip – or anything else to be perfectly honest.

Toasted! Work and stress are my #2 reasons to slack on myself. I so understand you wanting to curl up and sleep…your determination to get back to exercise is an inspiration!

As for me? I’m feeling better, thanks. Still coughing of course and I hate the inhaler, but I no longer feel like my bodice is laced too tight. I can tell my lungs are clearing up a bit. No rest for the wicked though. Work and family commitments continue. At least I know I won’t make anyone else sick now when I go to the family tomorrow.

Thank ALL you ladies for your well wishes for my FIL. Surgery is tomorrow. I’ve heard good and bad things about this procedure. Sometimes it works miracles. Sometimes it makes it worse. We’ll see. I’m worried. He’s in his early 80’s and, though diabetic, hasn’t really had any health problems until the Parkinson’s. I lost my own parents when I was very young – in my early 20’s – so I never really had to deal with this aging parent issue that my husband and in-laws are. It’s hard to not be able to DO something, you know? We can do nothing but hope for the best and I thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.

On the diet front, I re-logged into MFP and ended my day with calories to spare yesterday, even with a handful of sweets (hubby bought chocolate covered pretzels, darn him!) tossed in. And scale today is inching back down. Tomorrow is the “Let’s-see-what-overeating-since-November 23rd-has-done-to-me” WI. Wish me luck. Will be difficult to log food while running around all weekend, but I’ll figure it out as best I can under the circumstances. We’ve got the long day and drive tomorrow and husband is hoping to go to the OTHER side of the state Saturday to a shopping event for our SCA kingdom, but I doubt we’ll be up for it. I really kind of hope not just because of the difficulty of logging food when you’re eating out all the time, not to mention the expense. It is fun though, so we’ll see how we feel.

Well, I best wrap this up and get to work. Keep fighting the good fight ladies!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #475  

Height: 5'5"

LemonThyme – First – WOO HOO on losing thirty pounds! That’s such a huge accomplishment! Answering your question requires a touch of history. After a low of about 155 in 2007 (down from about 250), I started law school in 2009 at about 180. I had a law school divorce and graduated in May 2012 at 278, my highest weight. I discovered weight lifting as a stress-reliever while studying for the bar exam, and recommitted to losing weight. In October 2012, I was about 220 when I went on my first date with my now-husband. I warned him at the time that my weight fluctuated. I got down to 201 by December of that year, which was my lowest “that time.” I was up to 240 when we married in May 2014. I got down to 189 before gaining again to 263 in April 2016. I have been successfully maintaining at sub-160 for about eight months now, I think. My husband has had jealousy issues at every stage. The closest I came to breaking up with him was when he flipped out because I told him a friend of mine might be able to help me pull some strings to get me hired on at his workplace. His ex-wife did leave him after losing a significant amount of weight, though, so he’s particularly sensitive to my weight loss. And I never know when the jealousy is going to hit. He and I went to the gym on Sunday, and some random guy did a double-take when he saw me. My guess was that he thought he recognized me, but realized he hadn’t. I suppose it’s possible he was checking me out, but I didn’t get that vibe. My husband suggested, in the middle of a casual conversation Monday night, that I was cheating with this random guy and that was the reason for the double-take. I had honestly forgotten about the incident when he brought it up, so it took a few minutes to figure it out. So, that’s my long, maybe-not-so-helpful answer. The weight loss doesn’t help, but it seems like the fact that I have male friends bothers him the most. And it’s too exhausting to deal with sometimes.
Yay for doing IF and making it work! Yay for the scale progress! And yay for your colorful and varied healthy food choices! Honestly, I almost never consider hard candy even a cheat. It takes so long to consume that the calories rarely add up to much. And you’re right. If you’re craving sugar, hard candy is a great alternative to chocolate or other super-high-calorie sugar treat.

Toasted – I find you so quotable today! (And probably would find you just as quotable every day if I paid more attention.) I am doing the “ignore the husband’s crazy because I do NOT need another discussion of whether I will cheat on him or am cheating on him” strategy. (Spoiler alert – If I am done enough with you to want to be in someone else’s pants, you will already be gone.) So, I sent him your thoughts on sanity. (He has not replied. He may have thought it was pointed when I only meant to be amusing and pithy on your wit.) I also cut and pasted your “today is a new day” paragraph sent to Bookmark. This can be so hard to remember, but I do so much better when I do remember it.

Diane – Yes! I can be so surprised by how unfit I can become so quickly. On the other hand, I am also amazed at how quickly it comes back. You’re the poster child for that, I think. You have worked through so much sickness and injury this past year or two, but you seem to bounce back strong every time. I am also inspired by your running. For some reason, I haven’t committed myself to it yet. I just don’t like to run in the cold, and it’s been very cold here. I want to save gym time for weight lifting because it’s a bigger block of time when I have to drive to and from the gym rather than just open the door and run. But I think I need to be committing gym time to running or I will lose it. I totally feel you on it being a slog so frequently, though. And we don’t get to enjoy the days it feels great without accepting the slog as the price. And ugh! on the scale blip. Hopefully, tomorrow’s a better weigh-in day. And, hopefully, the accountability will help with the food choices today.

Lilion – Glad you got thee to a doctor finally. You have just been getting stuff done while feeling miserable. It’s good to get not only medication to help you get better, but also confirmation that you are super tough. Still . . . perhaps a different MO should be adopted when you think you have a “lingering cold?” =) Sorry about the steroid weight potential, but it is a relief that it is temporary, and as you say, should consist of mostly water. Glad you're feeling better. Medicine can feel like such a miracle. You'll have to let us know how the procedure on your FIL turns out. Hopefully, it will be as miraculous and immediate a recovery as yours, though Parkinson's isn't really as treatable as bronchitis/pneumonia. And yay for getting back on the tracking horse. Hopefully, your WI tomorrow will be merciful.

Bookmark – As you can see from my (excessively long) response to LemonThyme, my world is about screwing up and reasserting control and screwing up again and reasserting control again. I’m going to leave the “reasserting control” as the last phase, and I hope that I will be able to maintain some type of control over my weight for the rest of my life, but I know there will be blips. What I’m saying – we have ALL been where you are and felt what you are feeling. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve resolved to “start again” and bought raw spinach (a staple of my most dietarily-virtuous self) only to watch it go bad and finally toss it. It’s hard, even for people who can eat a more typical diet than me and still maintain fairly good weight control, but who need to periodically shed 5 pounds. Our brand of hard means we have to put in tons of energy to shed those five pounds, only to confront five more, probably for the rest of our lives. But I feel better when I’m on plan. I had three days last week (pre-menstrual, of course) where I ate excessively. I was still maintaining at a weight that I would be okay being for the rest of my life, and I could still wear all of my clothes, but I felt awful. When I’m eating well and exercising consistently, I just feel better, whether I’m at 278 or 155. This recognition is what helps me on hard days. At least sometimes. As Toasted says, there’s no better time to start than now.

Look how windy I am today! Cuz I love you guys and have missed you guys? Definitely part of it. But also, sometimes I just talk too much.

I feel much better lately, both physically and mentally, in part because I am making better food and exercise choices lately. I have been aiming for 25K steps per day this work week, and that’s a challenge for me. Work isn’t super crazy, so I am cashing in on my long days over the past few months to take some longer walks during the day, and I am walking fast. Still. I did 25K steps on Monday and Tuesday, but it was just way too cold for me yesterday, so I quit at about 22K steps. I also tend to eat more to appease my husband, but I’m in “My give-a-damn’s busted” mode as of his outburst yesterday, so I am only eating what I want for dinner. Kinda nice.

Goals –
1 – 5-minute plank work-out at some point during the work day
2 – 25K steps today
3 – Reasonable food choices
4 – Eat real food when I get hungry in the afternoon, like maybe a tuna packet, instead of trolling candy dishes

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 12-07-2017 at 11:26 AM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #476  

Thanks for the good words!

The sugar cookies are baked and I have to see if I indeed have powdered sugar and get them decorated. Otherwise that will have to wait until DH gets home. Once the little goes to nap I’ll start the next batch. I am hopeful my scale will be static tomorrow. Cookies are always a culprit.

Laurie: sorry your DH is being a pain in the arse. Is it ok to say he’s sounding a bit insecure with his end of the relationship? Jealousies are always hard to deal with the uncertainty when they may arise. You don’t need that. Sometimes I wonder if it’s them tattling on themselves in a minute way because maybe they have had a slight wandering eye moment ONLY or quick thought even if they wouldn’t act on it at all and therefore if they say something about you/your actions to gauge your response?. Now I’m not meaning to offend at all by my comments - I’m new to this group and it seems you mention he’s done this in the past. All I can offer is we are here to listen/read and give our own office chair quarterbacking moments to help. Try to treat yourself with something nice today even if it’s just a moment to get out in the brisk air and sun. I’ll send you our measurable snow - 1/10th of an inch - so you can feel like winter! I would still be interested to know who is measuring that piddly amount - however . . . Hang in there, vent away and don’t go near the comfort eats!

Lil: oh cookies, seriously it’s probably the reason we have downfalls in world civilizations! Hah! People aren’t either getting their cookie fix or there is no happy medium and we eat away. Alas, I’m trying my darndest not to fall too far off the wagon. But your choc chip peanut butter ones sound divine! You sound like your weekend will be crazy. Keep it as simple as you can. Take water with you, it may just help w the full feeling to carry you through your days. Oh and the eyes descriptions - that was my crush at 11! And then reading your comments about it - I thought how would I describe my hubs because it’s unfair to give so much gusto to an unrequited anything dumb boy? Not the same - my hubs has got muddy bottom eyes, a slow peaceful river with barely much in the way of ripples on top. The type of river dragonflies light on and take off when the sun spots hit it, otherwise pretty peaceful. However I will admit I’ve always had a soft spot for dark hair blue eyes so maybe that’s why I was super flourishy!

AM: So here I sit in between baking saw the little is now home. I’ll bake some more once nap time commences. I decided for the church portion I’ll bake two types and make a quick candy. Then if I feel the absolute need next weekend maybe I’ll bake a bit more w the kids. Who knows. The option is out there but I really don’t need to re-pad the body.

Looking in the mirror this am - I think my bum is shrinking. Which is ok - I’ve been blessed w a doozy! And I think I’ve got boobage shrinkage too. Good grief - I loathe bra shopping and I don’t need to stuff to refill my cups either. Funny how things are ok one day and the next you run out of hooks in a good way only. I’m not saying it’s a horrid issue to have - but I’d love more control over where loss takes place

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? I may be cleaning my basement. So totally NOT FUN. But I can’t find a darn thing down there right now. This family is beyond guilty for not finishing previous cleaning projects as well as not putting things right back where they go. Alas - it’s a ongoing albatross of mine I want done before 2018 hits. Maybe at nap time I’ll skip the cookies and go clean for a bit.

So I did enjoy my plate of colors this morn. Funny how those colors can make you smile. Had to give DH a quick lesson on buying avocados as he’s doing the shopping after work. But I’ll have to keep up with it for the weekend as best I can. I hope the scale doesn’t go up like it usually does.

Ok I’m off. May things go well for each of you.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 12-07-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #477  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh my gosh. How do I follow you guys? You all write such great stuff!!! Well, lower your expectations.....

Lemonthyme: I'm so happy for you that you are finding so much success right now! It's really great to hear the excitement and happiness in your posts. I have a lot of baking to do this weekend, so hearing about your cookies gives me inspiration! Ha! I also need to do some decorating. Since it is way colder today, I'm starting to feel like it is more like Christmas. It is supposed to warm up some by the weekend, though. Looking forward to it!! Anyway, keep up the good work!

Laurie: Sorry to hear about hubby. He was doing well for quite a while, so maybe this is just a moment and it too shall pass. I hope so!! You're right that although you can lose your strength/intensity level after missing some days, it does come back fairly quickly. I know that if I let it go too long, I start to feeling so icky. If I never lose all the weight I want to lose, I'll still be happy to have found my way with getting stronger and more fit. I love the feeling and I don't see that I'll ever want to go back to what I was before. Just need to stop loving food quite so much! Ha!

Lilion: Glad to hear you are on the mend. It sounds like you are coming back to life! Ha! It is good that you are getting back to myfitnesspal and tracking again. I know that is the one thing that will keep me more disciplined with food. I hope your FIL has a successful surgery!

Toasted: Well, the splurge is in the past and you can move forward now! I think you are good with that as your written views show that you can keep from dwelling on what wasn't perfect in the past. Glad you are getting back to exercising. I think that always gives a little boost, once you get past the initial "back at it" pain.

For me, I didn't weigh in today. I didn't go to the gym this morning (part of that was because it was 10 degrees this morning), and I'm not going running tonight. Why, you ask? Well, it is my birthday. So, no, I don't have to weigh in on my birthday. I don't have to push myself out into the cold on my birthday. I don't have to beat up my feet on my birthday. Ha!!

Oh, and my foot is doing better. I think the stretching exercises I found are helping a lot. And wearing shoes at night around the house seems to have a good effect. Evidently going barefoot or just socks doesn't help with supporting your heel, etc.

Off to have lunch with my son!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #478  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #479  

: hb:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE!!!

Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #480  

I knew it’d go up. I ate comfort food last night - who am I kidding?! Gooey melted cheese and potatoes on a Shepard’s pie. Hello! I also had a few cookies. I have to finish the baking today and then the stuff gets boxed up for church and the extra to the freezer and then I don’t have to be privy to it at all because I’m lazy enough to not want to go down to the freezer as a general purpose of the cold and my steep stairs.

I have yet to grab my cuppajoe and get my thoughts and my day planned. It’s either going to go easily or be totally crAzy. Probably crazy I’m sure. My little is home today and we need to work on handwriting and working on holding writing tools. They are not strong in that area and the teacher is concerned about such. So well work some more on it.

My DH is driving me batty. He was doing things in the kitchen last night and he has a penchant for cleaning up by taking the items to the counter and leaving them there in the correct area whereas all he has to do is open a drawer or cupboard and put them in and away. But he never puts them away he lays them on the counter right above. I don’t understand this - never have! It’s gotten worse and wasn’t there when we were dating. Now it’s a daily occurrence. I know, I know - bigger fish in the world to grumble about. I’ll shut up now and just put the stuff away.

And I’ll throw this out to the world - I’m NOWHERE READY for Christmas! And don’t get me started on being ready for this trip. Good god - this gal is BEHIND. I think today I will order my fabric for swimsuits and coverups and shorts. Of course maybe I should look for a different short pattern. I had checked the goodwill locally but no dice in finding shorts as they have put them all away for winter. And I was reading on the pattern I have and a lot of people say the short is more for a non hippy woman. Haha! I’ve got the hips but good. So I’m on the quest for a curvier short pattern as well.

Alright I best end this less I give myself anymore projects. I don’t need that.

Happy Friday all! Enjoy the starts to your weekend.