Old 11-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #436  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lemonthyme: Thanks for the advice on wrapping my foot and the magnesium oil. I think I need to try some stuff because it is so very sore in the morning, in particular. I’m not one who hurries into Christmas, so I’m with you on the irritation with Christmas music. I would love to have it hold off until December, but it has started around here.

Toasted: Congrats on the 90% completion! So, magnesium oil might work on my foot? With recommendations from both you and Lemonthyme, I’ll try it out!

Lilion: Oh I totally understand the myfitnesspal mindless logging in. I get stuck looking at that streak, and just go on to keep it going. A month or so ago, I decided to not log in unless I’m actually recording food or exercise. I am with you on recommitting!!

Laurie: Good to see you back posting! You were missed! It sounds like you are getting back to the routine!!

For me, I had a really nice Thanksgiving, but ate a lot. Not unexpected, but enough that I was unable to make myself get on the scale this morning. I am kind of mad at myself for that, because I needed to know what it was. But, I guess I'll get on tomorrow. How stupid!!

I went to spin this morning. I still have trouble with my foot, but it seems like once I get up and get going, it is better. I will try the suggestions you guys gave me. I know it takes a while to heal back up, but it is hanging on just a little too long!!

I had started thinking about goals for next year, but I think I will just get some ideas together and then wait until January to put it down on paper. I don't like to overestimate on a goal, but I think I need something to strive for, so we'll see.

Keeping on plan with food today is my main goal. I need a little sanity back! Ha!

Last edited by Slashnl; 11-27-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

I JUST LOST MY MESSAGE! I am mad. I went to post and it said it logged me out. I logged back in and had a white page. WTH?!

So to keep it short less this happens again:

Diane: Don't buy the commercial magnesium oil - you can make your own easily enough. Distilled water and magnesium salt flakes (not epsom - different chemicals). The flakes I buy are here. And the recipe I use is located further down on her page here.

Laurie: You know I think when we leave our own 4 walls it gives us serious freedom in mind to leave the micromanaging behind on all things. I know I do it OFTEN. Sodas do trip me up, seriously bad when I travel and the rest of the time I am not too bothered by such. Glad you are home and back.

Lil: How about take DH in two weeks time to go "Hunting" for a small charlie brown tree on your property or your friends? If you can find one and decorate it and let it give you laughs maybe it will become a highlight for your holiday season? I know - too much too early pulls the joy out for me some days. Maybe its because you and I are sharing the same weather of late - NO SNOW, for which i am grateful but it doesn't help when you search for the christmas cheer.

Toasted:
So in your part of the world are they really playing up the royal engagement? They are here - and sadly she's into him and he's too darn royal to warm up to her - i.e. their body language. It's interesting to watch - but for the next year we will be plagued by even their sneezes I am sure.

Hello all!
I am trying this again and I will cut and then paste if the darn thing logs me out AGAIN. I was reading other threads, did any of you hit on this one: her
calorie intake concerns me. I know we all have days of light eating, but that's a big drop! I'd be a horrible case of everything!

I got within 17.5 hours of my IF today before I had an apple and orange slice of DS from his lunch making. So, I am also lying low on the calorie micromanaging. If I can get the IF back under control then I will begin up w/the calories later this week.

Since I feel like the groups most pathetic dieter I will put in my own little goal for 12/31/17 - I want to be 229 by then. Seriously - I get all excited to see my scale at 230 on a thursday and then a weekend happens and by monday I am back up to 234. Hellsbells - I feel like a continued failure. I mean well but somedays I hate micromanaging in all facets. In fact I haven't gone on a walk since Friday - good news is both feet are feeling better, and if tomorrow comes and they are ok - I will take my short walk - best keep the body moving in some form.

Ok - I have to go figure out dinner I have no clue at all. Chicken again? I am bored w/chicken. NO TURKEY - gross. I don't do fish - ick, and I have pork and beef on hand but neither appeals to me. Oh the foibles of coming up with a meal under 300 calories a serving. Funtimes.

Bitter betty signing off for the moment! Have a good evening all!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-27-2017 at 04:32 PM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #438  

The sky is a funky pink lighting my living room as I sit here having my cuppa. I got up early to tackle my huge lists and all I’ve managed to do is sit on my duff. I guess some days you need to just rest a bit and then get on with your day.

The IF worked ok yesterday so I will track lightly again and see how I do today. I’ll get my short walk in and get the day moving in earnest as soon as the kids get on the bus. I also think I need to start again with the magnesium as I’ve only used sporadically but with winter coming things are hurting a bit more. Maybe I’m back to low/depleting who knows. All I know is when the body isn’t moving easier at wake up something is wrong.

Ok happy day all. I’m off to tackle the world I think. Enjoy your day and here’s hoping I can do something w this weight. Shipping it off to somewhere else sounds delightful!
Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #439  

Height: 5'5"

Holiday Challenge Start – 149.8 (11/6/2017)
Current – 154.4 (11/28/2017) (down from 159.8 on 11/20/2017)
Goal – 144.9 or below on January 1

Good morning!

LemonThyme - UGH on the lost post. I have actually started composing my posts in a Word doc and cutting and pasting them, as I have had way too many problems with it timing out when I'm in the middle of a post. For the last year or so, I have made it a practice to try to copy the text before posting in order to preserve a potentially-lost post, but even that wasn't working. I did click on your link to that poor 18-year-old who really has zero clue about what she's doing. GrannyNancy tried to be helpful, but it didn't really seem to take. **SIGH** Glad you're ready to take on the world!

Diane - I hadn't seen that you were dealing with foot trouble again. That's got to be incredibly frustrating. But woohoo for committing to spinning despite the injury. And I am totally with you on the need for the return to sanity. Not looking forward to the "Christmas goodies" stage, but one obstacle at a time, I suppose. And then January goals again! I do love that you and I have been on this journey together for many years. It's never going to be done, and it feels good to recognize that, despite ups and downs, we have both exercised fairly regularly and monitored our food intake and increased our knowledge, etc. I have a friend from college who I recently discovered broke 400 pounds. My consistent fear is that I will gain so much weight that I will lose mobility and functionality. So appreciative that you have supported my journey for SO long.

Toasted - Can't wait to hear about the celebration when you've got all your scripts produced!

My sister-in-law proposed a steps challenge for our extended family to get/keep us active, beginning in January and lasting for two months. Buy-in is $50, and winner takes all. I warned them that I get a lot of steps, with an average of about 16K steps a day. They demanded that I be given a handicap to make it more competitive. Y'know what? No. I watched all y'all eat tons o' food at dinner, while I carefully restricted my portions. I listened to you talk about how you had lost five pounds (from 145 to 140) by watching what you eat for a few weeks and going to the gym twice a week. I'm happy for you. Really. I'm glad that weight is not the struggle for you that it is for me. But the fact that I can get that many steps in a day and STILL gain ten pounds in a week still sucks. The fact that I'm better conditioned and have developed strategies to squeeze in steps even during workdays, largely because I have to work a LOT harder than you to achieve any sort of weight control, should not be held against me. Also, my husband and I are the only ones in this competition who are juggling full-time jobs and kid responsibilities. The two complaining the most are retired and in very good health. Quit complaining. Amirite? Sorry. Rant over.

Things are better. The weight is coming off again. I have made my morning work-out two days in a row, though neither were particularly good workouts.

Goals -
1 - 20K steps
2 - Reasonable food choices
3 - Run tomorrow morning
4 - Weigh tomorrow morning
5 - body weight exercises x 2
6 - In bed by 10:00

Hope everyone has a great day!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #440  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Ok, you need to stop with saying you are the most pathetic dieter in the group. We all struggle and we all have times of being less than stellar with our progress. I know I am not making any progress at the moment! I'm glad that you will talk through it with our group and we are definitely here to support you!! I'm just saying that you need to be kinder to yourself! (We all probably need to be kinder to ourselves, too.) I also think that there are times when we need to take the rest day and just enjoy it.

Laurie: Yeah, I don't think I would want to be in that step challenge either. It sounds like they want your money, but don't want to give you the same consideration as the others. That's hardly fair. You think about how to get the extra steps in, and you've worked hard to get to where you have the energy to do it all. They need to catch up to you, not the other way around!!

For me, I got on the scale. I did go up some, and I instantly felt discouraged, but then I compared with where I was last week, and I realized it only went up about 1.5 pounds. I am just over the weight I want to be in general, so that's the bigger issue. I don't know if I'll make my 5 pound challenge by the end of the year, but I'll continue to try!! I do wish the holidays weren't here right now, but I need to keep working toward discipline.

I didn't get up to go to the gym this morning. I turned off my alarm and went right back to sleep. I never do that. But, it happened. So, I might try going to the gym after work. It is pretty busy there after 5:00, but maybe I can get some lifting done. Otherwise, if it is too busy, I could just get on the treadmill and at least run. Dang.... But, I'll be at spin tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #441  

230.2 CW / SW 234 Diane's Holiday Challenge

Back on the cusp!

Diane: I know, right?! Some days I feel like the frame abacus beads slide back and forth on. It gets frustrating and old and I grumble further. Sorry about that all. Have you tried the magnesium oil? Keep up with it daily at first. I generally do use it before bed and shower giving it 15 mins to 1/2 hr to soak in - because it can make you tired (salt? Really?!).

Laurie: I hate when siblings offer challenges but then give themselves the benefits or perks to make them win. Ugh. Your wise to say no thanks. Less headaches - believe me I know. Just dealt w. a sibling issue yesterday and it was an unplanned blow up from one who had nothing to do with the original blow up with a different sib. Needless to say I spent the day on and off crying. That one has a sharp tongue and no knowledge of the subject, just what “they’ve read” but can pontificate on end about it all day and did so yelling because they are always right and of course if they yell it’s more important right?. So the further you are from having family involved in a journey you worked so hard for and keeping them at the periphery you’d be better off when it dabbles too close to personal mentions forget it. I have lots of siblings, it’s better that way.

That young gal - reading her posts troubled me, she wasn't fueling her body if at all. I see the young gals here and how they strive to be the thinnest with the biggest thigh gap and the straightest hair. I have a young gal myself and she of late has been mentioning how cool it is to not eat breakfast. This mama feeds her every morning - I can fast - she needs to refuel to fire all school day long! I hope someone convinces her that you need calories to fuel the body otherwise you introduce a whole host of issues.

Toasted
: oh a party sounds like it will be fun! Hope your scripts are well received and sound is good! I didn’t even ask are these for tv or radio? Oh and I stand corrected on the young royals now that I’ve seen more outtakes - why the royals always hide a human side I don’t know. The whole stiff upper lip, let’s act like acquaintances in public - I think people would prefer the softer side of them. It doesn’t mean you’d govern horribly if people see that you have that side. Sorry - I know your a romance gal - so this is why I ask as well. Everyone likes a good fairy tale right?!

Lil: you weigh in on Friday right? I hope your scale is great and has nice numbers. Is hunting done for your house? How’s your friend doing?

Hello all!

AM:
better outlook with the scale this am. So my starting was 234 for the holiday Diane challenge and I’m slowly getting there but today I can’t focus on the number - I need to ignore it and work on my fasting instead and doing well that way. I reread my post up above and had flipped numbers in my mind - I’m doing 16:8 the other day I was babbling and I think I was trying to do 18:6. Ugh. I hate when the mind doesn’t work when it should.

I’m extremely tired today as I slept poorly. I was up for about 3 hours from 1 am. Fell back to a restless sleep and have been up since 645 so I could get lunches packed and kids on the bus.

My project from hades is almost done! Yeah yeah! I’m totally excited to finish it up. Woot.

Tomorrow I will run to hobby lobby for some deco for my porch for Christmas. Maybe adding some special touches will help w that mood I’m having about the holidays. A little at a time. And maybe it will all turn around for me and I’ll gush w happiness. Hah! I take in my church project tonight and get it going for the weekend I hope it’s received well.

Ok: so my mini goals today:
1. Stick w the 16:8 it seems to work when I keep with it.
2. Drink water, I’ve been avoiding it!
3. Smile, I know I’m a good person no matter what my siblings tell me

Ok - may you all have a good day! Let’s hope everyone finds a good scale today. I’m back to he every other day. Darn flare ups w the body - from aches to old bursitis saying hello to all the rest so day on day off it is. Let’s all find something good right?!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-29-2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #442  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Sorry you are having sibling issues. Not a good thing any time of year, but particularly now. Ugh! I only have one sister, and that's enough!! We get along for the most part, so I'm blessed. I haven't tried the oil yet, I need to go out and get it. I wasn't sure where I would find it, but I didn't have time last night anyway. Congrats on the good weigh in!

For me, I had a good decrease on the scale. I think just getting back to working out and eating normally helped. Since I slept in a little too long yesterday, I made it to the gym after work. I went to a Body Pump class instead of trying to do my own weights. There are just so many more people around after 5. It was good, but I really prefer lifting in the morning. I was pretty stiff by the time I got home. This morning, I did it again, where I turned off the alarm and went to sleep. I'm not sure why I'm doing that right now, but it isn't a good habit. Fortunately, I didn't sleep as long, so I was able to rush and get to spin class. That was good.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #443  

I got my flakes through amazon. If you don’t order from them, locally if you have a food coop you may find the ready made oil there in the health supplement area. From what I read ready made may be pricey and I don’t really know what’s better alas the one I make seems stable but maybe that’s the difference is shelf life?

AM: hungry today ugh. I did make my full fasting window - YEAH! Yes 16:8. Maybe just maybe the scale will continue downward. I am making a new number to hang on my monitor this one will say 20. Small goals right?! My happy scale app has been munching to move to its new goal I am 1/10 lb away! Ok granted it’s been stuck in this goal for what seems forever. But let me tell you, I’ll be happy for a switch w it! Here’s to trying.

As for here - this weather is nuts - warm ups, cool downs Today it’s like 40. Yesterday close to 55. What the heck? Trees still have leaves that are green, there is no snow and lots of wind. Not sure what it all is! It is not normal.

I’m going to have to whip up a skirt and pair of pants. I have the weekend event w DH - the few dressier pieces I have don’t fit - too loose and baggy. Laurie didn’t you say avoid? I plan too. I just don’t have time to shop in a timely manner and I have fabric and patterns in my stash. It would just be a simple fitted skirt and a simple pant (hidden pull on). Enough to look polished. But first I have to get this project done! Then on to sewing.

And decorating. And cleaning and errand running! Back to needing 6 of me!

Keep up the good work ladies! I will keep trying today!
Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #444  

I cheated.

I hopped on the scale after dinner and my apple. I just wanted an idea of tomorrow and guess what decade popped up?!

I.May.just.get.there!

Here’s hoping. The iF is working for me this week partly because I am not traveling and family nonsense of eating with them all that I’m dealt with last week is gone. Woot. I’ll try to dream off the weight as I sleep.

Happy evening all! I dare say I look foreword to tomorrow. Hehehehe.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:12 AM   #445  

I’ve got my coffee on and have running to town to do in my short space of time. Today it’s grabbing items to finish up the outside deco and a few things to freshen the decorations inside for whence I get them up. Tomorrow it’s an eye exam so I can order some glasses before year end and a contact script for first thing next year with flex money. I’ve been without my contacts for some time and I miss them and am tired of my glasses and because I’m sooo blind as a bat my eyes feel like little tiny orbs blinking w big thick lenses (and these are the thin ones!).

Have any of you seen the clips of shape of water? I think that’s its title - I had forgotten I had seen a trailer a while back and evidently it’s to open soon. I have a DH who enjoys old horror flicks and when I was looking for gift ideas this had popped up. It’s kind of different but the early reviews sound like it might be one to see. I haven’t been to a movie for a while I think Brooklyn was one of the last ones I had seen. My kids go more often then I of late or my taste for films has greatly changed or the quality of what I’d pay for to see has dwindled.

Back to weight: So before I get super excited, I have a twinge of glee to finally FINALLY see a 20s decade! Let’s hope I can keep it going OVER the weekend. That’s one of my downfalls is weekend eating. I have the event w DH and I should be able to get IF in through Saturday. Sunday I can if I stop earlier in the afternoon as event serves breakfast early and the day is filled w travel home across the state. I do hope I can keep making smart choices and stay where I need to.

I attempted to try on my wedding ring, it fits, but not comfortably or in fact that the chub above it turns a lovely shade of pink. Usually in the past when I’ve gotten to 235 I could wear it for a period of time but evidently this time round the cookies I’ve eaten have settled on my ring finger! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry about that. It fits like it used too up to the knuckle above w/looseness and turning, so slowly getting there.

Alrighty - the day is moving and I have to hop on board! It’s a full tilt day to get it all done as best I can.

Hang on ladies! Look forward to your new numbers. You can do this! Keep it up - you’ve been there for me when the scale has been upside down all too often (or I’ve been pitiful lemonthyme ). Today try to find some good with your day, mine is my littlest is reading! I’m sorry that they are my littlest as I’d love others (my lament w a body that doesn’t play nice carrying to term and my age) but this is a huge accomplishment with what they have been doing therapy for. Woot! School had hoped to start them after Christmas slowly. So that’s my NSV and my scale victory is a 20s number!

Ok go team go! Cheering you all on! Post please I’m in need for coffee klatch talk today - how about ideas for winter clothing or decorating or well it’s a klatch so whatever!
Old 11-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #446  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

(Message written over the course of HOURS) I've really missed you guys. I flew back home this morning and came straight to the office instead of bumming off work because I have a few admin-y loose ends to tie up. I gambled and produced some scripts for one of my programs that haven't yet been approved by the clients based on blind faith they'll be okayed. So please prayers and fingers crossed that the gamble pays off and there won't be any need for dramatic re-edits. I also need to review and approve some inserts and pieces that fit into the program so I'm not as footloose and fancy-free as I felt last week. Sigh. Still haven't worked on my abstract for the conference yet and it's due on Monday... welp!

In 3FC-related news, I haven't weighed in since last week Friday but this week was moderately good. I was fasting and I was busy so I didn't have that much time or inclination to eat anything. Don't cry for me Argentina, though, I got my calories in with my one evening meal a day.

lemonthyme: I don't think you're a remedial member of our rag-tag tribe. We're all remedials or we wouldn't be here. We'd be in the "maintenance and rocking it" thread. This thread is obviously for the strugglicious people. Re: Royal Wedding 2, I missed much of the hype because I was busy and/or exhausted but I've definitely caught up. It's an extra big deal here even more so than #WillKat because Meghan is half "ethnic," racially speaking, and the prospect of "ethnicity" openly entering the royal family in such close proximity is exciting people and capturing hearts if you know what I mean. I've tried to put that simultaneously as awkwardly and as unawkwardly as I can to try to both minimize and emphasize the awkwardness of that explanation. I love a romance but when it comes to real life people, I feel conflicted about the way they're being fishbowled for my entertainment... like I want to be a fly on their wall but not the annoying kind that you want to swat, the one that respects in fly-dom and stays inconspicuous, if that makes sense. Also, real life romances are not perfect. You always know you don't know the real story and best case scenario, they'll grow old together and die without too many scandals and that will not be the fictional happy ending where book romantic heroes live happily ever after forever trapped in the pages for my enjoyment. But yes, I'm happy for them because they seem happy and I will fight anyone who says otherwise- well not really, I've never actually been in a fight but still, I will judge and dislike anyone who says otherwise (they've gone on my support 4 eva list along with Beyonce, WillKat and Blake&Gwen). Anyway, I hope the decade that popped up sticks sticks sticks!!! If it does YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie: Heyyy, so happy to see your check in. Thank you for always being so great for my morale and self-esteem!!! I'm super impressed by you too doing something (lawyering) I probably would never be able to do and IIRC, doing it post-kids when it was extra hard and struggleific, you are beyond impressive and accomplished and admirable and that's far beyond the inspiration you are for anyone who wonders can they be great at their jobs, a woman, a mom, a wife, exercise, eat right and lose dozens of pounds and retain (most) of their sanity??? I want to do the sitting at the feet and hear all the wisdoms! (At this point, we should just start a mutual admiration society with a website and Facebook and just admire each other. TLTMAS (The Laurie Toasted Mutual Admiration Society) but if you say the acronym out loud, it almost sounds like Christmas, which is more or less, fate because I love Christmas). Anyway, back on topic, not much celebration on finishing production because I had a better perspective of how many other things I need to do which whilst not as ponderous as my scripting/editing endeavor all need to be done yesterday. I don't think you should have to take a handicap in the step competition, bring that pot home, Laurie!!!

Lillion: I agree that December 1 is the perfect day to recommit- even better than January, much less pressure. I, like your husband, have gone a little crazy with sugar (for me) post Whole 30 but it's mostly cake's fault. I ate the last of it before I travelled so hopefully, I can recommit tomorrow to do better in December (excepting Christmas week, ok fine, strike that, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, but that's my last offer!). I'm so sorry to read you're feeling under the weather. I hope you're feeling a lot better now. SCA seems a lot less... um... "unusual" and "unique" than what I remember from my college classmates who were into the role playing games. It seems relatively normal. And by the way, if I'm digging a hole and you or any of your loved ones are hardcore larpers (?), I'm quite sure it's perfectly normal and lovely as well. Yup.

Diane: I hope your foot is feeling better. I'm glad exercise seems to help. Lemonthyme's suggestion of making your own Magnesium oil is great. I use the commercial kind that's pre-made and it works well as well so if you don't have time, I can verify that the spray bottle ones work just as well. Could you talk a little about your annual goal-setting. Is it like resolutions, or more like things you want to accomplish in 2018 or long term goals. I'd love to hear a bit more about your process. The past few years have been hectic for me and I've not really had the time to think and plan but this holiday seems like it will be a lot more chill so I'd love to do more of that and learn from people who do annual goals etc.

Okay guys, I may or may not check in tomorrow only because it's a public holiday here for the Eid (Muslim festival) celebrating Mohammed's birthday, so I have a long weekend. I'll try to check in at some point as I need to be on my computer working on those abstracts. Okay guys, no goals for today except going home to my own bed and RELAXING! Hugs to everyone.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #447  

Hey all! I’m alive! Almost. I’ve been sick as a DOG the last two days, stayed home from work (which I desperately needed to be at) and everything. Some kind of upper respiratory thing with cough, body aches, lots of mucus (isn’t that just the grossest word) and other awful things. I’ve been thru a whole BIG box of tissues. And FOOD! OMG FOOD! All I have done for the last two days is sleep, eat, blow my nose and cough. I’ve had fried chicken and pizza and potato chips and sandwiches and anything I could manage to put in my mouth that could constitute “comfort food”…I was STARVING for almost two days. My appetite went back to normal about 5 last night and today is just fine. Had breakfast, nothing major, and I’m back at work, in my office, with the door shut and air purifier on to avoid contaminating my coworkers!

Shockingly – completely shockingly – I got on the scale today just to prepare myself for tomorrow’s “real” WI, and I was DOWN half a pound! I’m absolutely floored. I’ll believe it when I see it again tomorrow…but HOW could that happen with the overeating I’ve been doing?

Lemon: Thank you SO much for remembering my friend! Last time we spoke she’s been to the Mayo Clinic and after a multitude of tests, they’ve decided she has a rare, genetic form of osteoporosis, which is treated exactly the same as regular osteoporosis. She has EIGHT fractured ribs! She just breaks if you look at her…but she does NOT have cancer! So thats great! She’s moving in with her daughter temporarily and selling her home and moving to a new one nearer her other daughter in a town where she has more friends and good hospital access. And closer to me. So there’s that.

Sadly, hunting is NOT done at my house. LOL Doe season this weekend. Archery until January. It never ends. But, hubby is toning it down.

Ladies, over thanksgiving, I got to SLEEP! Did I mention that? Thursday I let hubby sleep in till he woke up at 9:30 or so. Friday was my turn! I slept until I could sleep no more! It was glorious! I truly think half the reason this bug hit me so hard was being sleep-deprived. The last two days I’ve napped and done NOTHING. I literally had less than 1000 steps on my fitbit one day and just over 1300 the next! I feel kinda crappy….but I feel less tired than I have in ages.

Toasted – I don’t LARP and yes, that’s an odd hobby in my book too. LOL Enjoy your holiday!

Laurie, Diane – WTG to both of you on weight coming off! Keep up the good work ladies!

Time for me to get back to work!

Hope you all are having a good week!

Last edited by Lilion; 11-30-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #448  

Lil: if one thing I know - mayo Rochester will research your ailment until they have An answer. it's over the river and through the woods for me and it is my clinic system. I’m glad she’s got an answer that’s not terminal. She’ll just have to be treated extra special. I seem to recall someone I knew - 6 degrees apart or so - had something similar. You just make life changes and treat yourself differently and with more caution. So glad you’ll be able to visit more often. Is she moving into a one level place? Remind her too she wants to make sure her interior doors are ADA wide in the even she needs a walker or chair. Just saying - sometimes we forget about these things. This is a worry w my
Mom now - her doorways are too narrow for such should she need the helpers.

Toasted: hah! I know a fairy tale sounds so flippant, I think it’s more the whole magical moment of the wedding and all the frill that they do for that family - who wouldn’t have such regal shows of display had the queens situation not changed so long ago. Anywho - so totally glad they showed the outtakes, much more personable seeing those. I know marriage is lots of work no matter the circumstances of wealth, location, status or plain old ordinary like mine - and yes theirs will be lived further in the fishbowl. I still like watching a royal wedding though. I told my eldest That I remember watching Charles and di way back when they married. TVs are so much better . Anyway - never been a fan of waity-Katie. What I read of her a while back made her seem a tad stalkerish however, I am not from a privliged family nor chasing after a wealthy prince. I found my own prince locally (oh geez, he’d be gagging at that description too). And as for the bride to be’s background - I wondered how his elders would be w their comments and acceptance (echoing your comments above - sometimes people are more closed then open sadly when it is of this subject, just what’s different from themselves they may see as not acceptable - heck even my GM made comment long ago that my dad was an immigrants son and what was my mom marrying?! (the woman forgot she too was the granddaughter of an immigrant - albeit another European country - then my dads ancestors hailed from where English was not the first language - my other GM spoke 6, English her last one - we all have familial pasts which reminds me of the commercial of the woman for 23andme (I think) - she’s multicultural and visiting ancestral places that was part of her dna: Norway, Africa, etc ) and you never really know what’s passed onto you - life is full of surprises. I’m glad she’s bringing freshness and a bit of the world to that family and I’m glad they are welcoming her (at least I hope they are in private as well). Well - you and I can watch together! We will critique and imagine parading about in the royal carriages.

Sorry on the eating wonky - I think we all do! Travels the worst for such.

AM: just tried a Noosa yogurt. It was good but 300 calories for 8 oz and $2 a container - I’ll just take it as a todays treat for myself. I was on my sprint shopping run - grabbed a few economical makeup staples, grabbed a few Christmas gifts and sprinted home to get the kid.

Tomorrow we find out how my vision is aging (small type and low light aren’t my friends) and hopefully they don’t monovision me for contacts again - that totally sucked. And also will grab a few more items for sewing projects. I’m behind that’s for sure! But it’s the story of my life.

You wouldn’t believe how a scale saying 228 makes you feel! Gives you some extra pep in your step. I need to make my 220 sign for my monitor and hope that I can bypass that quickly. But you see my track record. Slow as molasses this girl is!

Ok - off to go get this kid down for a nap and for me to finish the project for approval status. Getting there slowly. Oh so slowly.

BTW: does IF help bring your skin back so it’s not drapey/crepey as you lose weight? Or is it just up to genetics and how outstretched it all may be? This is the largest in life I will be loosing so any ideas would be good. I see these ladies who have to have removal of loose skin post lost (most have been gastric BP people) but wonder with slow loss do you still have the hanging skin? Just curious. My current least favorite places are the dimply crap north of my knees. I look like an old lady w heavy legs there (can I just say for the record my legs have always been bigger then my brothers! Life is not fair or maybe the genetics?!) and right now they seem super full of dimples and not the cute kind. What can I do to help that area?

I’m off - enjoy your day!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-30-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #449  
Diane

Lemonthyme: Yay! You did it!! So glad that you were able to see a good 22X number rather than the 23X!!!! Sometimes, just getting that extra boost of happiness can help you trend even further downward. I'm so happy for you! I don't do much with Amazon, but my daughter does, so maybe she can order the magnesium flakes for me. She loves Amazon and does a lot of shopping that way.

Lilion: Ugh! So awful to be sick like that! I'm glad you are feeling better now. It is such a struggle to get past those things. And yay to sleeping! I would bet that lack of sleep might cause your extra exuberant sickness. You get worn down and your body just can't fight the germs. Anyway, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Toasted: How nice! Enjoy your extra day off! That's always a good thing. As for goal setting, I do set weight loss goals that are pretty vague. I don't like to get too crazy with those, because I find it discouraging. But I try to figure out about where I would like to be at certain times throughout the year. But I do like setting some kind of big goal for the nicer weather. One year, I had lost enough weight to ride the zip line at the Royal Gorge Bridge, so I did that. Another year was hiking up the Manitou Incline. Last year was a hike on a certain trail. So, I want to think of something to strive to do this summer. It helps me stay focused on being more fit. And then there are goals like what projects I want to do throughout the year.

For me, I had a pretty good weigh in again today. It almost feels like the drop in weight that you get when you first start back to being on plan. Which, I guess in a way, that's what it is. I hope to keep it up and especially through the weekend. We don't have any big plans this weekend, so it should be easier, if I can keep focused.

I went to the gym this morning and lifted weights. It was one of those very rare times when everything feels right. I was on point with what I was doing, and my music track was great. What more could you want!? Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I am not ready to go back to Body Flow because you do so much on your toes and barefoot. I don't think I can do that yet. So, we'll see. Maybe I will stop by and do a little running after work tonight. We'll see!!
Old 12-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #450  

Sure thing.

So when I was stuck in the 230s I was knitpicking everything in front of me but not really seeing changes just rolls. Today my Friday self shoutout: my belly. I looked beyond the flabby lower pad and this morning discovered I have this new weird phenom - you now the TMNTs? And how their shell appears on their bellies? Good gosh I have the same little fat pad shape w edges emerging. I’m not saying it’s beautiful but I am saying the fat seems to be dissipating just a bit and creating an edge like a puddle drying up.

Today is another sprint day: the eyes and groceries and a small bit of Christmas shopping for more projects to sew. On projects I FINISHED THAT BEHOMOTH one that’s been dragging along. Yeah!

I live a 1/2 mile away from train tracks. I live in an area that has a huge uptick in train traffic due to what is being produced in the area and they are always multi engined hitches. Sadly it has been idiling most of the overnight. It’s a low tone but for me I hear it and it’s loud and it won’t leave my head. Argh! I’ve been up since 1am due to it. Funny how undertones seep into your hearing.

Ok my weekend LONG TERM GOALS it’s 3 days counting today: and that means I need to be totally aware and in the know of what I am doing.
1. Do IF as best I can and be mindful of what food is served to me and select wide off my plates.
2. Drink water, lots of water
3. Laugh a bit!

Ok for a bit of personals:
Diane: can you tape your foot up? I found that helped me too. I know the first thing in the morning pain upon putting your foot on the floor. It’s not fun at all. Good though you got to the gym to do what you can without aggravating that foot. One other - your shoes. I found once I changed mine it was a help and wore them daily at first.

Toasted: hope you are feeling good about your accomplishments and your day off if that’s what indeed your day entails. I didn’t go back up to reread but I beleive you said it was a religious day.

Laurie: how’s your battle back from traveling and the holiday?

Lil: hope the cold is subsiding some for you! And maybe too you’ll get to sleep this weekend.

Hello all!

Ok I’m off to warm the car and let it idle! Frosted here and I don’t feel like scraping unless I absolutely need to. So my car and the train will idle away. Enjoy your mornings. I’m jumping up and down with another 2 numbers. Here’s hoping it just keeps moving!