Old 06-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #481  

Hey everyone! I've been back since last Sunday and yes...have not posted. In my defense, the week after a vacation just kind of sucks at work and I'm trying and failing to get much done anywhere. Heck, I only just started returning phone calls from friends yesterday.

I did NOT work out on vacation. I barely worked out before vacation. But I did log all my food as best I could. I did take sandwich fixings to keep lunch calories under control. And I did spend hours walking the Botanical Gardens one day...so that kind of counts. We spent much of our vacation looking at new/used trucks and ended up buying one of them after we got back. So...I'll be cooking a whole lot more - since we're going to be very broke come July. But it is nice, my SUV was on its last legs, and we really do kind of need a truck. My husband hunts. While I appreciate venison (low-cal!) in my freezer - I do not appreciate dead deer in the back of my SUV. That's why men drive trucks.

So...we gambled and lost (mostly). We saw lovely sights. We visited an old friend. We ate pretty darn yummy food...including the frozen custard voted best in the USA...which my husband actually brought home in the cooler.

Oh...and I lost 1 1/2 lbs on vacation. Go figure. I guess all the standing around waiting for the $5 blackjack table was more exercise than I thought.

I haven't read to catch up on what's gone on with you ladies...but I will. Until then...
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #482  

Height: 5'5"

Vladadog - So excited to see that you're sssooo close to Onederland, and it impresses me that you are revising your long-term goals. I chose mine kind of haphazardly, but your intentionality about it suggests to me that you are serious about getting there. I also loved your chopsticks story. The right motivation makes success a lot easier!

Frances - Like Vladadog, I do not eat when I am not hungry, and there are times when I am not hungry on heavy work-out days. I think forcing myself to eat is a terrible habit, and being able to stop when I'm full is still elusive for me, but I am so grateful when I get there. There are lots of theories to support not eating the same amount of calories every day, and I know that people intentionally have higher- and lower-calorie days. Add to that the fact that I have higher-calorie days, not because I plan them, but because I sometimes make bad food decisions, and it's even more incentive to not eat when I am not hungry because I know it eventually balances out.

Diane - Have a great trip this weekend! Can't wait to hear about it next week.

Lilion - Yay for lost pounds on vacation! I find that I am just more active when I'm not at home. Not quite sure why, but my highest Fitbit step count day was a day on vacation, not the day I ran my half-marathon. (And the vacation day was way more fun, too.) Glad you had a good time. Glad you're back. Glad you're slowly making your way back into non-vacation world. Venison sounds delicious.

Uber - I have an appointment in half an hour for my Brazilian blow-out. Totally freaked out about spending that much money on my hair. I am confessing to you (and no one else) that I cut my own hair last night so that I could get the shoulder-length rate ($100 less!). This poor hair stylist. Clearly home-dyed hair (cuz I still have some of it on my forehead), home-chopped hair. But I am spending the $200 for the blow-out, which still makes me antsy. I'll let you know how it goes!

Still pretty chill. The scale went up a pound. My period started yesterday. I got a weird, kind of creepy, compliment from an adverse (pro se) party this morning. "When I saw your name on the letter, I thought you would be old. I wasn't expecting a good-looking young woman." But you know what? I will take it. I also got a compliment yesterday from a group of co-workers that I support with legal services. "We were just talking about you. We're so proud of you." I prepared myself for a weight-loss-related comment. But - "Because of the . . ." and began describing a work-related matter. I am so thrilled to be at the place where my weight is not the first subject that comes up every. single. time. I know it sounds stupid and whiny, but it does get old when our receptionist, for example, has to comment on my weight every time she sees me. It's nice to be less of an anomaly.

Goals -
1 - Eat reasonably
2 - Get 11K steps
3 - Get work done.

Is it possible that this has become ingrained enough in my routine that my goals have become mundane? It seems so. I hope it stays that way.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #483  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Yesterday was busy doing all kinds of yard projects. No buggies but just ticking things off my list. I'd planned dinner and put it in MFP but it was nearly 8 by the time I came in. I wasn't really hungry but if I didn't eat I was barely going to clear 1000 calories for the day. I thought of Frances's question. And this was a perfect example of when I do eat even if I'm not hungry. It's not good to run at about 1000 calories. And I probably would have woken up this morning really hungry and ready to make bad choices. So I made dinner and it was really good and I'm glad I did. (And I was still under my 1600 goal so that was good too)
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #484  

Height: 5'7"

I think you're both right about the "not eating when not hungry unless you're WAY under for the day" thoughts. I ended only eating about 1400 calories that day and was a little hungrier the next morning, but not too much. Continuing along, down 1.6 so far this week! I would love to lose .2 more by my Monday weigh-in because that would put me at TEN POUNDS DOWN in 7 weeks, which for me is amazingly fast!

Vlad, I like the new dog in your pic! And once again, we are so on the same page. I've always set my goals as 175 (true comfort zone) and 165 (the end). But I know that I've felt my best as an adult at the ONE time I was briefly at 155 in college. I just never dared to dream of getting that low, but I feel so good about my current plan that I'm going to go for it! Good luck getting to ONEDERLAND this month!!

LaurieDawn, here's to goals staying non-angsty and mundane! I totally get it about the non-weight related comment, too. Sometimes it's easy to feel like the weigh overshadows everything else, that it's the focus of attention when it's in excess ("Look how much weight she's gained!") or has been lost ("Wow, how did you do it?"). Great that your OTHER attributes are shining forth to your co-workers...well, most of them! How did your blow-out go?

Lillion, that's great that you didn't have a big vacation gain! That's a huge victory. It's hard to stay on track when away from home.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:02 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Morning everyone! Everything is chugging along for me. No big screw ups these last few days and even when they were uh-oh moments, it was with healthy stuff in low doses (one day I went over by 150 calories because I ate before logging a new recipe - oh well). TMI probably, but my monthly has gone all wonky on me. I remember from last time I was in the middle of weight loss that things started getting out of whack. Really annoying, but I suppose I should have expected it. Hormones are the worst.

For some reason I have very little energy today though. I think it is because I did a lot of yardwork yesterday and then slept like garbage. Maybe I will go take a walk to the beach and see if some ocean breeze will make me feel better despite how windy it is outside.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:37 AM   #486  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

We're about to hit 500 posts so I've started a new thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-relosing.html
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:00 PM   #487  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Question

[ shouting ] Anyone here? wowsers. I vanished in 2017 it seems but so many others have left too. I hope they mettheir goals. Congrats to those who did.

I'm back and regained weight. A bit of bg, I'm over 200 again. (was in this zone much of my life).
Before my regain, my lowest achievement was 150#.
not to go so far into my history, short story, I originally lost about 155#, had surgery ain my mid40s
and am approx 206# now. I'll re weigh again 6/7. Following the next full moon. I'll try to check in
.. maybe others are lurking snd waiting for all our ghosts to return. Booooo .. I'm here. come by
and check in, now you have company and support in your endeavors too..
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:09 PM   #488  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire2b View Post
[ shouting ] Anyone here? wowsers. I vanished in 2017 it seems but so many others have left too. I hope they met their goals. Congrats to those who did.
Hi Desire2b,

Others have made several threads since 2017; the latest thread is here: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100...-losing-7.html

You can join them there. Good luck on your journey.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:48 AM   #489  
♡ Desire2B ♡

S/C/G: 206ish - mini goal 195

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
Hi Desire2b,

Others have made several threads since 2017; the latest thread is here: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100...-losing-7.html

You can join them there. Good luck on your journey.
My apologies BillBlueEyes. I meant on this thread, maybe I looked wrong. I did venture into
other areas though. Thank you for the good luck wishes! Have a nice evening .

Last edited by Desire2b; 05-25-2020 at 12:49 AM.
Desire2b is offline   Reply With Quote