Old 01-13-2015, 12:52 AM   #16  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Another vote for walking here! I didn't realize so many others started that way as well.

Someone up thread mentioned the Walk Away The Pounds dvd's and I really liked those as well. Some of them incorporate the resistance bands if you want more of a workout. Check your local library to see what might be available.

Best of luck to you!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #17  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsakids View Post
I walk either on a treadmill (it really isn't a clothes hanger who knew?) or with Leslie Sanson Walk Away the Pounds DVDs or if the weather allows, walking outside. I started out by walking to the end of the street and back and now I can walk 5-6 miles a day. I set a goal of 1000 miles for 2014 and logged 1295 for the year. My start weight is very close to yours.
Wow your journey so far is fantastic! I LOVE the idea of setting a mile goals! Also, I think I have one of those Leslie Sanson video's so I'll have to pull that out because yesterday I walked outside but winter in Canada is pretty unforgiving for beginner walkers!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:28 PM   #18  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Yep, walking for me too! it's free and easy, and our local Entertainment Centre has free indoor walking during the cold months and it has lots of stairs...i could do 2 at first LOL I logged every mile in an app and I can say I've walked to Florida and back a few times ha ha

I was lucky enough to have therapy covered under my work insurance, so the mental work i did to succeed was covered. I would have mortgaged my house if i'd known the good it was going to do me in the long run LOL

Once walking was a bit easier, I found an old min-bike thing that was my mom's! It's the pedal part of a bike, but you sit in a regular chair to do it -- it was awesome and easy on the knees! then...one day....don't laugh... I found a HULA HOOP and it's revolutionized my life ha ha It makes me laugh every single day, and has whittled my waist down to teeny tiny! crazy business!

Last edited by Trazey34; 01-13-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #19  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

I had a gym membership, but I rarely went and when I did I just walked on the treadmill or went to zumba. I gave it up for a gently used elliptical and a bunch of workout DVDs.
I wont do Bootcamp workouts at home, so I invested in a lot of barre type workouts (I used to dance ballet), the NYCB workout, tracy Anderson and Zumba games for my Wii.

Once I get down to 50% of my goal and I have been consistently working out I plan on investing in some Finis Jhung DVDs since there are no adult ballet classes within an hour of where I live (and at $50 a pop, they're an investment!)

I take it pretty slowly though, and I'm trying to concentrate on what I am eating first and foremost.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote