Old 08-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #496  

Height: 5'5"

Uber!!! I'm so thrilled you're back. If you look through the history of this thread, people drop off all the time and don't return. Even Carter, who started the thread and is one of the people I admire and who taught me the most on these boards. I LOVE reading your posts, and I LOVE how insightful you are. I am so thrilled you are still in the trenches with us, learning every day. Learning how to do this without being in Kryptonite is a challenge for me, and I love how your words help me better understand and cope with that challenge. I can't wait to hear about how you're dealing with it. Also, I encourage you to use this thread to cling to when you feel like abandoning your plan, even temporarily. It would make me feel like less of an aberration. ;-)

Jenni - I love how C25K has made the impossible seem possible to me. And I love that you are doing your own modification of it so that it works for you. Your schedule sounds crazy busy. Your dedication is impressive.

Jessica - I am really excited to be on the train to Onederland with you. I feel so weird about it. I am so motivated to get there, and that motivation is really helping me stay on plan. But it's almost like I'm white-knuckling it. I am feeling the same familiar desperation to get there, so I'm almost scared to go off plan. And your brother must not know how intensely you work out or how hard you work at your job. Lazy does not begin to describe you.

214.0. Seeing good movement on the scale. Intimidating and exciting to be within 15 pounds of Onederland. Almost 26 pounds down since starting this most recent effort (25.8, to be precise). Still a LONG way to go, but I remember getting down to 190 before and feeling like I was "normal fat" instead of "really fat." And I'll be there in roughly the same number of pounds as it took me to get here.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #497  
Jessica, Becoming Me

S/C/G: 260 / 199 / 150

Height: 5' 6" | MG: 185

Not going to make this a huge one, I'm highly motivated to try and get as many new words added to my manuscript today as I can, but -

Uber - Welcome back. I am so glad you are here and you haven't allowed yourself to get derailed like have in the past. I love that you're analyzing your habits, your feelings, and that you're articulating all of those realizations to the rest of us. You never know when something you say can cause someone else to have an "Aha" moment.

Jenni - You're awesome. All of your hard work is so impressive and your kind words go such a long way in helping me remember that I am someone that I can be proud of. I have worked hard to get here to where I am and I'm going to continue to work hard while I continue this journey to get to where I need and deserve to be.

Laurie - I am equally excited by being on this journey with you. There is something about the similarities about us as people and events in our lives that makes having you on this trip that much more meaningful. <3

First step on the scale today said 214.4 lbs. Made me feel a little less paranoid about having gone with 214.6 lbs for yesterday’s official weight. Then the next three times all read 212.0 lbs. On the one hand, yay for consistent scale readings! On the other hand… It still feels so very weird. Like beyond weird. Also, 212… heh. It’s my birthday in weight form; as in, my birthday is February 12. Lol.

Going to hesitantly record yesterday’s number as being today’s official weight. Not sure how I feel about this. Eh. We’ll see how it goes, right? Right!?! Still, this is 4.0 lbs down from last Monday. That’s a lot. This feels like a whoosh. I don’t usually whoosh. Maybe my body is still making up for the slow weight movement during tom two weeks ago. I don’t know.

Oh! Guess what I got yesterday? I got two 3-lb free weights to start doing some actually weighted arm exercises. I’m so excited!
garnetrising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Jessica ....awww thanks and you are worth it! My Bria's birthday is 2/12/11!!!!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #499  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi All. Never made it on the computer yesterday. I did go and ran/walked on the treadmill and then went to Body Flow. My 20 year old daughter went with me to Body Flow. She absolutely loved it and it was fun to see how flexible she is and what she can do. She makes it look beautiful. I'm not quite beautiful when I do it, but I'm getting better. I figured she would like it and be good at it.

Haven't been on the scale, but I did notice that my ring is a little more loose today. I'm hoping that means that I've been holding on to water weight and maybe tomorrow's weigh in will be good. Kind of jealous that some of you are approaching onederland, but I'm also very proud of your progress!! I just want to get there, too!! I'd love to get there by early next year.

Hope everyone has a great remainder of the weekend!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #500  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. I'm a little nervous because my preliminary tape measure the other day really wasn't very much. Especially given that the scale refused to show me anything other than 211.6 lbs today. I split the difference with yesterday's official weight so today's is 212.6 lbs as reluctant as I feel to embrace it. I think the biggest thing that concerns me about how fast the weight seems to be dropping this week is a fear that it's muscle mass I'm losing. I was thinking a lot about it, though, and I realized it is more likely a combination of water weight/muscle soreness and the fact that the muscles I've been focusing on this month (legs) are doing more toning and less building all new muscle right now. I've always had rather strong legs where as the muscles in my arms and chest - which I focused on last month - have pretty much been non-existent.

Well... I don't know really. Maybe. I don't know. I just hope I lose an inch or so - preliminary taping yesterday wasn't as high as I would have liked it to be given the loss of pounds. Hang in there everyone and have a great day. <3
Old 08-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #501  

Height: 5'5"

Jessica - Yay for free weights and weight training! I love it! I am hoping that I never see my birthday in weight form. Something will have gone very wrong if I find myself weighing 513 pounds.

Diane - I bet you look beautiful when you do Body Flow! Excited that you are doing so well with the treadmill as well. We will all be runners before we know it.

Jenni - Can't wait to hear how your high carb week went!

214.0. Again. But the scale's been moving quite nicely lately, so it makes sense that it would stabilize for a bit before moving down again.

And the food problems with the hubby continue. I have started eating lots of spinach, cuz it's good and good for me. I add some fruit -- usually raspberries and/or blueberries -- and it's super delicious, filling, and pretty low in calories. And just now, I ate about 2 cups of spinach with raspberries and blueberries, and was quite enjoying it when he started literally laughing at my "nasty plain spinach."

We also were talking about going out to lunch last week, and he said that he was trying to eat less at lunch, so he suggested something else. I told him I was great with that because I was trying to eat less as well. He said, "Really?" And I said, "Surely you have noticed that I am working on losing weight." And he said, "I did notice that your boobs are much smaller now." <sigh> Really? I am down 20+ pounds. I don't need your "You look so good now" comments. But I also don't need those comments either. And he keeps saying it. So, I told him today that he needs to just stop. It's my body. My life. I do and feel better when I am eating healthy food and working out, and I really want to be able to buy nicer clothes. I also want the economic advantages being smaller will give me. Frustrating. And stupid. Because I think he wants all of those things for me. He just doesn't want me to do what his ex-wife did -- lose weight and leave him.

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 08-24-2014 at 03:21 PM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #502  
Jessica, Becoming Me

Laurie - 513, you say!!! What is with me meeting people who share birthdays? My ex-husband (as soon as the courts allow me to file a motion for default in October cause he still hasn't signed the papers) shares the same birthday as my oldest brother, May 4th. You, Miss, share the say birthday as Missouri, May 13. <3
Old 08-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 276.4/215/160

Height: 5'6

Laurie you would be less than me of 525 NO way!!!!!

And high carb week yeilded zero weight loss so we will see this week!
jenjenangel027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #504  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Ooops... This thread has passed the site maximum of 500 posts.

Would some kind soul start the 03 new thread? 03 Regainers regaining control, and relosing
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote