Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #91  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Frantastic, sorry I didn't respond to your post the other day. I don't know why I didn't respond ... it made me smile just as Sam's did yesterday. When do you weigh in or how often are you gonna weigh in? Do you know what your calorie intake is per day? Are you losing with the calorie intake that you're consuming? Your calories seem really low like mine were and though I loss weight eating low calorie, I hear it's not good for us long term and when we try to add more in we'll probably gain the weight we loss back (I sure hope not) . But I was wondering ... Sorry if I asked this before. My husband said I need to take something to help me not be so forgetful

ON SUPPORT ... I believe that we are all here for that main reason NO ONE understands what we struggle with daily like we do and to be honest even some of the people on here that believe they are experts aren't as supportive as they should be. I treat others as I want to be treated. I will build you up as high as I'd like you to build me. When we fall we need others to help us dust off and get up again. It makes us want to do better and try again ... I know with me it has sometimes taken days, weeks and even months to get back on the wagon again but I always come back here. And if I can't find a thread that suits me I start my own I will support EACH of you as best I can ... I truly care about my 3FC family

With that said, akelly, Leah, skinnyki, ushotmedown, WahineByTheSea how are you all doing?

How was Valentine's Day? Did ya'll overdo the junk like me?

Well I got 9 hours of sleep and woke up to 169.6. I will definitely take it. I thought sure I would wake up to 172 even though I didn't feel bloated I thought the carbs alone would do me in. I wanted to go to the gym but don't feel like dealing with the ice and the rain so since I technically don't have to go out I won't I am planning on a very low carb day today though so I should be fine it should balance out my mess from yesterday

Well I hope you all have a nice Saturday and remember to smile through it all
Old 02-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #92  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Rennie ~ Yeah thats true we can only do what we can do

Im about to walk for the 1st time today. Im excited to walk today and listen to my music.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #93  
~Rennie

Terra, do you walk outside or on the treadmill? I miss having my treadmill in the house
Old 02-16-2014, 04:30 AM   #94  
Cosmetic Junkie

S/C/G: 265.8/265.7/199

Height: 5ft 4

Unhappy Keep going!

Hello everyone, some fab losses yay!

I stayed the same this morning on the scale. It suggested a 1.5lb loss for a second but wouldn't let me have it.

Rebelle - thanks for your inspiring words. This is the exact thing that usually makes me weep then give up. I need to just doing my thing but maybe a bit better.

I am pleased that I am now working out 25-30mins 5 days a week and walking 40 - 60mins 5 days a week too. That from no exercise and always using public transport is a big change.

A while ago I went to the hospital for my PCOS and the medical student there said I need to starve myself to lose weight because of my hormones. I was horrified and am praying that is not true.

Does anyone count cals? I use My Fitness Pal and sometimes eat some cals I earn through exercise. Perhaps I shouldn't be doing that and stick to the same cals per day no matter what?
Old 02-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #95  
~Rennie

Hi Angel, , rebelle isn't on this thread ... great person, always encouraging. You are welcome to stay here, we'd be glad to have you. I use MFP also and I rarely if ever eat my exercise calories back. I was told that you should otherwise your calories may be too low and it will slow your metabolism.

today's weigh in 1.2 down to 168.4, shocked to see it but very happy all the same. Hoping to continue this trend \
Old 02-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #96  
Turning Into A New Woman

Rennie ~ I walk outside when the weather is nice but when its not I walk inside, I walk from the front room to the kitchen and back to the front room back and fourth for 45 mins. Its quite a distance

Angel ~ Welcome to the thread, I hope you like it here

I know I usually dont walk on Sunday's but Im gonna walk at least one time today before bed.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-16-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #97  
~Rennie

Terra, our old how was like that pretty big ... good for you

I was up .4 this morning to 168.4 but I only got 6 hours of sleep. I believe had I slept 3 more hours I would have seen 167 for sure
Old 02-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #98  
Turning Into A New Woman

Rennie ~ Thats cool that your old house was pretty big.

I havent walked yet today but Im gonna walk at least one time before bed and bed is gonna come pretty soon cause I have to get up at 7 am cause I have an appt I have to go to,I need to be there at 8 am.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. While I'm participating in some date-specific challenges, I think it will be nice to have something laid back to also update on...Like having a blog, except that people will actually read this. lol

I've just started counting calories again, which I haven't been doing. Going off of intuition wasn't enough, I was losing touch with what I was really putting into my body. It's great, I actually feel like I am in control and have already seen some very quick results from it.

On top of calorie counting, I've also been going water only for 4 days now, and already I've been tempted to reach for the soda. 3 times! And every time I've turned it down for water! And you know what? Not a single time did I regret that decision. I have to break the mental habit of craving a pop when water satisfies me JUST the same without ruining my health.

I guess right now what I'm learning is that I feel so much better when I'm not shoving my face full of crap. I think I've restricted myself too much in the past leading to binges, so I'm going to try and avoid that this time around. I need to keep in mind that if I'm not forming habits that I can maintain for the rest of my life, then I'm just going to bounce right back and I'll have wasted all of my time.

Hope everything is going smoothly, as smoothly as it can when it comes to this stuff. Keep working hard! Skin season is right around the corner....

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 02-17-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Morning ladies. I fluctuated all weekend. Back at 196.6 this morning. TOM is also in town and kicking my butt. For the mommas in the group, did you find your TOM got worse after having a baby? Just curious. I feel like mine did. I'm back on the pill, but even so, I used to have a pretty steady flow, and now it seems like I get two incredibly heavy days and then a few really light days and then bye bye. I don't like it.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Where is everyone?! I'm still at 196.6 this morning, but I've done good with my water. One full litre already done! Working on the second one now.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #102  
Be your own hero

S/C/G: 285.6/211.4/129

Height: 5ft 6

Hey everyone. Finally managed to weigh on my scales this morning and I was at 245.8! Which meant a total loss of 9lbs since I last weighed in

I'm pretty pleased with that.
Considering while I was away I had to turn down: 2 chinese takeaway offers, 1 pizza takeaway offer and 5 home cooked meal offers. That was pretty much all my willpower used up for this month :P

I should hopefully be on target for being 238 by the end of feb.

I hope everyone else is doing great
Old 02-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
With that said, akelly, Leah, skinnyki, ushotmedown, WahineByTheSea how are you all doing?

How was Valentine's Day? Did ya'll overdo the junk like me?
Yup . . . it was a bake sale inspired catastrophe

Why does everything taste better on a diet?!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #104  
~Rennie

I don't know what happened I posted right after xRiotGirl did and it completely disappeared, smh ...

xRiotGirl, to the thread I have another thread that I have had since 2011 (I think) ... that I update at the end of every month so it's like my blog. I count calories and I am trying to low carb, along with getting my water in daily. Best of luck with your goals. We are glad to have you join us

Kukkie my cycles have been like that this pass year but I thought it was age because sometimes I miss a month or have a 3 day ... I just hope that means it's about to go away forever Good job on getting your water in ... I am so trying

ushotmedown good job on fighting all of that temptation

WahineByTheSea good to see you and I just think we want more things and we think they'll better because sometimes you'll get them and find that that just isn't what you wanted after all. But I had some really good cupcakes and cookies for Valentine's day, not a good idea at all

akelly, Leah, Sam hope all is well

I tried some noodles today called Pasta Zero Plus, Shirataki Spaghetti. It has only15 calories and 4 carbs per serving and only two servings in the bag. I am pleased. They come in a bag of water and smell really fishy until you rinse them off (at least I thought so) until the boys came downstairs looking for fish . But they didn't taste like fish so I was pleased I will definitely buy them again. Now to find something in the form of rice like that low in carbs

Weight is going back and forth between 168.4 & 168.8 can't win here, smh ... I'm going to have to hit the gym hard in order to make the scale move
Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #105  
Be your own hero

S/C/G: 285.6/211.4/129

Height: 5ft 6

love2b150 apparently grated cauliflower is meant to be a rice type substitute. I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure how well it would work.

I weighed in at 244.4 which means a loss of 1.4 putting me at a total loss of 40.6lbs so far
Closed Thread