Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome jodoto!

Justaloozer I did see an increase, 241.4, but that is okay. Could have been worse.

I hope everyone has a good day and may the scales be forever in your favor.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

You are still so close Mara!!

As for me, I had a whoosh! I am down to 241.8. I will probably have an increase but it's so motivating to be this close to halfway to my goal!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 275/241/165

Height: 5'10"

Hey Everyone!

I know it's been awhile. I overate a bit and didn't exercise as much but the difference between all the times that I've given up long term and now is that I'm getting back on the horse. A few days after getting myself back into shape I'm down to 241! I'm trying to keep the momentum going even on stressful days. I hope that encourages you Jellybelly.

WTG justaloozer, Mamapu and Mara.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh Mara with the scales being forever in our favor.

Welcome jodoto!

I love that quote "if you were mountain climbing and slipped you would not give up and throw yourself off the mountain. You would grip tighter and keep climbing."

Keep up the good work walrus and JennyT.

Congrats to akelly!
peachesandcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #64  

WTG justaloozer!!! We can make the final push into the next decade!

Peaches the Hunger Games reference made me laugh when I thought of it. It is how i feel before getting on the scale.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say I am still staying mostly on plan, I have been exercising a few days a week and I am trying to wait out the scale antics.

I have been reading but not talking because when I have free time posting just seems like SOOO much effort lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #66  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I miss you all! I hope that I see you ladies soon in the next thread! I know that scale will reward you soon! (WHOOSH FAIRY COME VISIT THESE HARD WORKERS) !!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #67  

Miss you too Sue! You are doing great. Hopefully we all will be seing you next week in the next decade thread.

I am up today, 242.4. But that is because of last night I think. Went out for a friends birthday and had some of dessert.

Last edited by Mara; 01-30-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 256/211/136

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the welcomes! I was at 243 this morning, so I am happy with making the needle on that scale move in the right direction. I am from Atlanta, so we are "snowed" in and were yesterday, as well. It is harder for me to eat correctly at home, hanging out, bored!
jodoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:01 AM   #69  

Happy Friday! I weighed in at 241.2. Hoping next week I will see the 230's.

Jodoto I'm glad you guys are okay, but being stuck inside sucks. Hopefully you will be able to get out and about soon.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 304/235/180(for now)

Height: 5'6''

Default New to group

Hello Ladies! I weighed in this morning right at 240.0 but have been sick and am sure to see a couple pounds back when I get back to normal. I'll probably be here for a bit.

I have lost weight recently due to illness but am looking for the support and ideas to maintain and keep losing!

Ordered some yoga DVDs and am hoping they come today so I can start getting some movement back in my life. Being sick and stuck at home is so lame!

Happy Friday to all - have a great weekend!
AxelGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:53 PM   #71  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

First of all, I just wanted to say that I have been 'around' here but it seemed like when I reported on one thread and then am doing my best to lead another challenge on another thread, this gets pushed to the back. I apologize for those choices that I made because this is where it all started for me this past fall and I miss all of you, I really do!

Well, I will report the "good news" first. I managed to exercise every day for the month of January. I do enjoy moving since I am at home a lot but I have a second bedroom set up as a designated workout room. The problem is that I had to move all of our porch furniture in there earlier this month when our leasing management decided (in the middle of unseasonably cold weather here in Atlanta) to power wash the exterior patios and porches. Really? Well, it hasn't happened yet but in order for me to access my treadmill I had to spend about a week rearranging lots of stuff. Well, to add another "hurdle" in the way, I overdid it with my free weight workouts and my left shoulder and left elbow are inflamed, especially my left elbow. Mea culpa.

So, lessons learned in the month of January is exercise on warmed-up muscles (I hate to admit this but I often jump right into a routine because I do so much of it on the fly ) as well as treat injuries at the beginning and not ignore them. Yes, I know this but I just didn't practice it. Now, I am!

The "not so good" news: after bobbing up and down for the past month, I had to scrap my January goal of weight loss (which I did not make) and redo my profile to reflect accurately my weight today. I am at the upper end now of the 240s. Two reasons: I ate more calories than I burned and I made poor food choices---mostly too much sodium.

"Good news" again: I spent time about a week ago and I went through everything that I ate (I keep detailed food logs) and I made a list of the good and not so good food choices. Since then, I have been more careful in choosing foods that have sodium in them. The best place to do that is where it all starts: at the grocery store. I am not a dieter per se. I focus more on eating healthy. What was lacking this past fall was being active. Period. Now, that I have been more active and my metabolism is starting to show signs of responding, I do think that I will start to see the scales respond more in my favor (as Mara pointed out). So, for me, it is really all about being and staying active. Since I simply do not want to follow a super low calorie food plan (I just think that brings a whole set of new problems), then I know that I have to "move". It may not have been as necessary a couple of years ago, but today it is. My metabolism is just simply slowing down as I get older.

As my avatar says" Finish what I start!"

axelgoldstein , calypso214, jodoto and MissMollyM.

For those of you who asked or shared your plans/workouts: I am following a diabetes weight loss plan (devised by a R.D.) that emphasizes healthy eating (meaning fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein) along with moderate daily exercise. The later has become more important as my life is very sedentary if I don't actually do a specific workout. I have a huge selection of really good dvds that I rotate so my workouts seem fun and interesting. I do have some physical limitations (especially during the colder weather) with RA and I need knee surgery. I still have found several dvds that address this and I have been able to do workouts.

Again, for all the "regulars" I am so sorry that I have been "missing in action". I hope to get back into posting on a more regular basis. To all of the "newbies", again and you will certainly be happy you choose to join us. This is a great bunch of "chicks".

Take care, Pam :comp"

Last edited by pamatga; 01-31-2014 at 03:57 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #72  

242 for me this morning....hopefully by Monday I will bid you good-bye and head to the 230's ...trust me, it's not you, it's the numbers on a scale! Have a good weekend....hope everyone stays on whatever their plan is!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 304/235/180(for now)

Height: 5'6''

Default not just yet

Happy Saturday to All! Good work jodoto and kudos to everyone that can keep up and reply to everyone! What's the trick I'm missing? I'm new to this forum thing and am feeling old.

Weighed in at 239.8 this morning but I am not convinced that it will stay that low so I'm not going anywhere just yet!

My daughter and I are snowed in today and my DH is sleeping (he works nights) which means quiet (slow) play. The yoga DVDs I ordered came, maybe she and I can do one together. Though, I doubt I'll be able to focus with all the "look at me mommy"s there would be as she quickly masters each move and mommy gets red in the face. haha

Have a great day everyone!
AxelGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Hey guys!!!!
I'm back on 3FC after a regain. I got on the scale this AM and it read 244.4. Not thrilled about the number but I'm glad I'm joining a great group of 3FCers.
My goal for the week is daily workouts, drink 64oz daily and log in to 3FC everyday. I'm going to let go of the food/calorie/number crunching because that almost always lead to me going into a mental food famine and eating everything in sight. I just want to start building consistent healthy habits.
Have a good weekend all!
~Faye
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #75  

241.5 for me this morning....I hope I can do what I need to do concerning Suberbowl food! See you lighter! Jodoto