3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Do you like your body shape? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279588-do-you-like-your-body-shape.html)

Radiojane 04-12-2013 01:03 PM

Looks like I'm a stuck somewhere between a cello and an hourglass.... I do have a lot of curves under all this flub!

Elladorine 04-12-2013 01:06 PM

I'm an apple; although it's apparently a common shape, I've never seen a representation of me properly illustrated since none of them ever seem to emphasize the non-pretty parts. I'm feeling a little brave today, so here's a sketch I made this morning. :p

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps120d4896.jpg

I happen to have a built-in muffin top. :o You might be able to see why I have such trouble finding jeans that fit properly; I can't get away with fastening them under my stomach (it's way too low), and by the time I find something that will fasten over my belly button area, my hips and butt are swimming, and it makes my upper belly pop out. And often because of my shape, jeans and undies want to roll right down under my stomach, not a comfortable place for them to be! I do have some underwear that fit me under the belly like in the sketch, but they are last resorts for when I'm behind on laundry (they're always sliding off my butt). Dresses often make me look six months pregnant, especially if they have empire waists.

But the more I lose, the more my shape evens out, and the easier it is to find something that works. When I was much heavier, I needed pants that would go up past my rib cage, otherwise they couldn't even stay up; they'd roll right off me!

I'm hoping that someday my stomach will be smaller than my hips. :dizzy: At least I already have nice legs and ankles! :lol:

LockItUp 04-12-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elladorine (Post 4703817)
I'm an apple; although it's apparently a common shape, I've never seen a representation of me properly illustrated since none of them ever seem to emphasize the non-pretty parts. I'm feeling a little brave today, so here's a sketch I made this morning. :p

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps120d4896.jpg

I happen to have a built-in muffin top. :o You might be able to see why I have such trouble finding jeans that fit properly; I can't get away with fastening them under my stomach (it's way too low), and by the time I find something that will fasten over my belly button area, my hips and butt are swimming, and it makes my upper belly pop out. And often because of my shape, jeans and undies want to roll right down under my stomach, not a comfortable place for them to be! I do have some underwear that fit me under the belly like in the sketch, but they are last resorts for when I'm behind on laundry (they're always sliding off my butt). Dresses often make me look six months pregnant, especially if they have empire waists.

But the more I lose, the more my shape evens out, and the easier it is to find something that works. When I was much heavier, I needed pants that would go up past my rib cage, otherwise they couldn't even stay up; they'd roll right off me!

I'm hoping that someday my stomach will be smaller than my hips. :dizzy: At least I already have nice legs and ankles! :lol:

First of all, that sketch is amazing. You are very talented!

Second, that is pretty much my exact shape. Of course it has gotten slimmer and smaller as I've lost, but the built in muffin! YES! That's exactly it! With NOTHING on I still have a muffin. It's maybe a mini muffin vs. the extra super large muffin before, but still a muffin nonetheless.

Elladorine 04-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4703824)
First of all, that sketch is amazing. You are very talented!

Second, that is pretty much my exact shape. Of course it has gotten slimmer and smaller as I've lost, but the built in muffin! YES! That's exactly it! With NOTHING on I still have a muffin. It's maybe a mini muffin vs. the extra super large muffin before, but still a muffin nonetheless.

Thanks! :)

You know, I finally feel like I have a relatively normal-sized body now . . . except for that damned stomach which feels like it was randomly deposited on me. :lol: It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of my body at all, and I can tell that it's always going to hang down in some form no matter how much I lose, sans surgery.

Despite your mini-muffin, you hide it well: your photos are amazing. :D I can't wait until mine shrinks enough to hide it away under my clothes. ;)

krampus 04-12-2013 01:33 PM

According to that thing I am a column.

My personal favorite shape would be me with ever so slightly more boobs and a perkier butt.

Radiojane 04-12-2013 01:36 PM

That's what I look like. Just about 5 times bigger in the gut. I have the same issues with pants and underwear.

merilung 04-12-2013 02:06 PM

I'm an apple when I'm heavy - a lollipop or comet when I'm not. I love my body in ALL its different shapes and sizes, but in other ladies I tend to be most attracted to a pear/cello shape. That said, I think all the different variations that human bodies come in are stunning.

ETA: Elladorine, that sketch is awesome! Thanks for making a gorgeous representation of us apple ladies! That's my body type until I get really slender exactly. It can definitely be hard to find clothes that fit properly, but I love our soft curves and amazing legs!

Garnet2727 04-12-2013 02:36 PM

Elladorine, what a great sketch! You are so talented!

As for me, I'm a lollipop. My waist right now is 3 inches smaller than my hips. My bust and hips are the same measurement. I do have a big belly but the overall silhouette of the apple shape just doesn't fit me.

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 02:51 PM

That sketch is SOOO adorable. My belly looks like that too. :) And my underwear also like to roll underneath my tummy. However...I think the tummy is shrinking a bit, because at least I can pull them up now.

Als, I want to be friends with your sketch. She looks so fun and nice. I think you should definitely sketch for us more often. Maybe if I cross my fingers really hard you will make a sketch for me when I hit my goal?

Mozzy 04-12-2013 03:31 PM

I'm an hourglass, I love being an hourglass.

However, I do not dress to flatter my shape. I'm lazy and wear extremely unflattering clothes (yoga pants and a tshirt)

elvislover324 04-12-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozzy (Post 4704001)
I'm an hourglass, I love being an hourglass.

However, I do not dress to flatter my shape. I'm lazy and wear extremely unflattering clothes (yoga pants and a tshirt)

That's not bringing sexy back, girlfriend!! :D

Mozzy 04-12-2013 03:35 PM

Elladorine- amazing sketch! You are very talented!!!!

Mozzy 04-12-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4704004)
That's not bringing sexy back, girlfriend!! :D

Ha ha ha Elvis, you are right!
I need to get over my laziness, but yoga pants are soooooooooo comfy! Lol

Tziri 04-12-2013 03:41 PM

I'm a pear. I hate my thighs but i don't mind my shape. I do wish my boobs and butt were nicer however oh well! I love my smaller waist and belly.

Radiojane 04-12-2013 04:03 PM

I'm with Mozza. I do love the yoga pants.