3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Do you like your body shape? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/279588-do-you-like-your-body-shape.html)

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 11:30 AM

Do you like your body shape?

http://www.teddyheart.com/wp-content...body-types.jpg

Do you like your body shape? Do you think any body type can be beautiful? I do.

ETA: What is your body type? What's your favorite body type? How can we work on making your body type your favorite body type?

Also- Wow....there are different types of pears, apples, ect. INTERESTING.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1ptfed.jpg

Desiderata 04-12-2013 11:39 AM

It's a classic "grass is always greener" issue - tempting to think someone else has it better, but more likely they think you're the one better off. :lol: It's better to make peace with it and emphasize your good parts. And if one is unhappy, spend more time watering the grass. :D

Edit - on me: My thighs and hips are what they are, and that's OK. I really am grateful for a small(er) waist! But that's me. Doesn't make a pear better than an apple. My mother's apple-shaped and she struggles with it - but I admire how slim her legs are.

LockItUp 04-12-2013 11:39 AM

I definitely think any body type can be/is beautiful, absolutely!!!

Do I like mine? I struggle with that.

elvislover324 04-12-2013 11:44 AM

I can't wait to get more of my weight off so I can see what my shape is. I look at those pics of those beautiful ladies and it makes me hopeful that it doesn't matter what shape I am, any of those looks will work!

ChickieBoom 04-12-2013 11:46 AM

I think that any shape can be beautiful but I admit scouring several different sites hoping that one would tell me that I'm an hourglass when in reality I'm a pear.

I really need to stop picking myself apart and complaining about every little thing.

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 11:49 AM

I really like my body shape. Especially when it's clothed.
http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...6e85c6cf27.jpg

I think I'm a cello! Which I've always thought was a sensual instrument. Curvy...people play it between their legs. BUWAHAHA. AWESOME.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7hf0r3jJNo...1600/cello.jpg

Maybe someday I will even learn how to shop for my body shape. I think I've been doing it all wrong. I might be doing myself a terrible disservice trying to wear swim skirts:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-M8K8vXE8W...ng-suit_li.jpg
(But it's scary not covering up my legs- and this model isn't overweight!)

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickieBoom (Post 4703713)
I think that any shape can be beautiful but I admit scouring several different sites hoping that one would tell me that I'm an hourglass when in reality I'm a pear.

I think pears are dead sexy, but I really do like all the shapes. I think it all boils down to how to dress, which I'm clueless on.

April Snow 04-12-2013 11:57 AM

I am a goblet shape (going by Trinny and Susannah's definitions). So that means broad shoulders, big boobs, no defined waist, a belly, slim hips and long slim legs.

I do like my legs but I've always envied women who were more pear shaped and could get away with cute little strappy dresses that hide a multitude of sins underneath.

I expect that no matter how much weight I lose, my basic shape isn't going to change much and I will always be top heavy and too big on top to carry off some of what I wish I could wear. On the other hand, I can rock a pair of skinny jeans and boots, and when I'm a bit slimmer, I can also look good in shorter skirts (although not too short since I'm over 50 now!)

LockItUp 04-12-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarsongbird (Post 4703718)

Maybe someday I will even learn how to shop for my body shape. I think I've been doing it all wrong. I might be doing myself a terrible disservice trying to wear swim skirts:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-M8K8vXE8W...ng-suit_li.jpg
(But it's scary not covering up my legs- and this model isn't overweight!)

WOW! That is really something! How does one figure this out??? I think it's hard to figure out what flatters your no matter what, but especially so after losing weight (at any point in the process) because you have this NEW body!

SarahFairhope 04-12-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarsongbird (Post 4703685)

Also- Wow....there are different types of pears, apples, ect. INTERESTING.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1ptfed.jpg

Hmm, I think Im a vase. But my EXTREMELY short legs arent represented here. I is a freak.

NightowlAnnie 04-12-2013 12:20 PM

Cello..underneath all this chubbiness :woops:

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4703740)
WOW! That is really something! How does one figure this out??? I think it's hard to figure out what flatters your no matter what, but especially so after losing weight (at any point in the process) because you have this NEW body!

Lots of google, I suspect. ;)
http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-s...your-body-type

LockItUp 04-12-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarsongbird (Post 4703764)

Love that. Thanks. I always have a hard time desiphering what shape I am. I'm more straight but the weight I do have left is in my love handle & stomach area, and I do have some thighs too. Can someone be a rectangular, baby apple, mini pear?

eliza422 04-12-2013 12:58 PM

I like the fact they mentioned long or short waist vs short or long legs.

I'm 5/7, but I'm long waisted - my inseam is only 29; pants length wise I fit best in short sizes! Most tops are very short on me, which makes being an apple difficult to fit into clothes.

Silverfire 04-12-2013 01:02 PM

I think I am a chello/apple... I have a long torso, shorter legs, bigger hips and bum, smaller chest, broad shoulders and a big belly. I think I will like my figure a whole lot more when all the extra is gone. Presently, trying to find flattering clothes is a big challenge.

I think any shape it just fine, you just gotta learn how to dress for it :D (I'm still learning!)

Radiojane 04-12-2013 01:03 PM

Looks like I'm a stuck somewhere between a cello and an hourglass.... I do have a lot of curves under all this flub!

Elladorine 04-12-2013 01:06 PM

I'm an apple; although it's apparently a common shape, I've never seen a representation of me properly illustrated since none of them ever seem to emphasize the non-pretty parts. I'm feeling a little brave today, so here's a sketch I made this morning. :p

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps120d4896.jpg

I happen to have a built-in muffin top. :o You might be able to see why I have such trouble finding jeans that fit properly; I can't get away with fastening them under my stomach (it's way too low), and by the time I find something that will fasten over my belly button area, my hips and butt are swimming, and it makes my upper belly pop out. And often because of my shape, jeans and undies want to roll right down under my stomach, not a comfortable place for them to be! I do have some underwear that fit me under the belly like in the sketch, but they are last resorts for when I'm behind on laundry (they're always sliding off my butt). Dresses often make me look six months pregnant, especially if they have empire waists.

But the more I lose, the more my shape evens out, and the easier it is to find something that works. When I was much heavier, I needed pants that would go up past my rib cage, otherwise they couldn't even stay up; they'd roll right off me!

I'm hoping that someday my stomach will be smaller than my hips. :dizzy: At least I already have nice legs and ankles! :lol:

LockItUp 04-12-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elladorine (Post 4703817)
I'm an apple; although it's apparently a common shape, I've never seen a representation of me properly illustrated since none of them ever seem to emphasize the non-pretty parts. I'm feeling a little brave today, so here's a sketch I made this morning. :p

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps120d4896.jpg

I happen to have a built-in muffin top. :o You might be able to see why I have such trouble finding jeans that fit properly; I can't get away with fastening them under my stomach (it's way too low), and by the time I find something that will fasten over my belly button area, my hips and butt are swimming, and it makes my upper belly pop out. And often because of my shape, jeans and undies want to roll right down under my stomach, not a comfortable place for them to be! I do have some underwear that fit me under the belly like in the sketch, but they are last resorts for when I'm behind on laundry (they're always sliding off my butt). Dresses often make me look six months pregnant, especially if they have empire waists.

But the more I lose, the more my shape evens out, and the easier it is to find something that works. When I was much heavier, I needed pants that would go up past my rib cage, otherwise they couldn't even stay up; they'd roll right off me!

I'm hoping that someday my stomach will be smaller than my hips. :dizzy: At least I already have nice legs and ankles! :lol:

First of all, that sketch is amazing. You are very talented!

Second, that is pretty much my exact shape. Of course it has gotten slimmer and smaller as I've lost, but the built in muffin! YES! That's exactly it! With NOTHING on I still have a muffin. It's maybe a mini muffin vs. the extra super large muffin before, but still a muffin nonetheless.

Elladorine 04-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4703824)

Second, that is pretty much my exact shape. Of course it has gotten slimmer and smaller as I've lost, but the built in muffin! YES! That's exactly it! With NOTHING on I still have a muffin. It's maybe a mini muffin vs. the extra super large muffin before, but still a muffin nonetheless.

Thanks! :)

You know, I finally feel like I have a relatively normal-sized body now . . . except for that damned stomach which feels like it was randomly deposited on me. :lol: It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of my body at all, and I can tell that it's always going to hang down in some form no matter how much I lose, sans surgery.

Despite your mini-muffin, you hide it well: your photos are amazing. :D I can't wait until mine shrinks enough to hide it away under my clothes. ;)

krampus 04-12-2013 01:33 PM

According to that thing I am a column.

My personal favorite shape would be me with ever so slightly more boobs and a perkier butt.

Radiojane 04-12-2013 01:36 PM

That's what I look like. Just about 5 times bigger in the gut. I have the same issues with pants and underwear.

merilung 04-12-2013 02:06 PM

I'm an apple when I'm heavy - a lollipop or comet when I'm not. I love my body in ALL its different shapes and sizes, but in other ladies I tend to be most attracted to a pear/cello shape. That said, I think all the different variations that human bodies come in are stunning.

ETA: Elladorine, that sketch is awesome! Thanks for making a gorgeous representation of us apple ladies! That's my body type until I get really slender exactly. It can definitely be hard to find clothes that fit properly, but I love our soft curves and amazing legs!

Garnet2727 04-12-2013 02:36 PM

Elladorine, what a great sketch! You are so talented!

As for me, I'm a lollipop. My waist right now is 3 inches smaller than my hips. My bust and hips are the same measurement. I do have a big belly but the overall silhouette of the apple shape just doesn't fit me.

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 02:51 PM

That sketch is SOOO adorable. My belly looks like that too. :) And my underwear also like to roll underneath my tummy. However...I think the tummy is shrinking a bit, because at least I can pull them up now.

Als, I want to be friends with your sketch. She looks so fun and nice. I think you should definitely sketch for us more often. Maybe if I cross my fingers really hard you will make a sketch for me when I hit my goal?

Mozzy 04-12-2013 03:31 PM

I'm an hourglass, I love being an hourglass.

However, I do not dress to flatter my shape. I'm lazy and wear extremely unflattering clothes (yoga pants and a tshirt)

elvislover324 04-12-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozzy (Post 4704001)
I'm an hourglass, I love being an hourglass.

However, I do not dress to flatter my shape. I'm lazy and wear extremely unflattering clothes (yoga pants and a tshirt)

That's not bringing sexy back, girlfriend!! :D

Mozzy 04-12-2013 03:35 PM

Elladorine- amazing sketch! You are very talented!!!!

Mozzy 04-12-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvislover324 (Post 4704004)
That's not bringing sexy back, girlfriend!! :D

Ha ha ha Elvis, you are right!
I need to get over my laziness, but yoga pants are soooooooooo comfy! Lol

Tziri 04-12-2013 03:41 PM

I'm a pear. I hate my thighs but i don't mind my shape. I do wish my boobs and butt were nicer however oh well! I love my smaller waist and belly.

Radiojane 04-12-2013 04:03 PM

I'm with Mozza. I do love the yoga pants.

berryblondeboys 04-12-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4703824)

Wouldn't you say in both your cases that the built in muffin top is loose skin?

berryblondeboys 04-12-2013 04:28 PM

My best friend in the whole world has short, thick legs, a long waist and smallish boobs. She is always trying to tell me to try certain fashion tricks. Oh lordy NO WAY!

I'm long-legged, with a short waist and big boobs. I have a slightly larger hip than chest and broad shoulders.

Boy shorts on me??? Bad.... just like that photo showed.

I'm somewhere between an hourglass and a cello when I don't have excess weight. At my age (peri-menopause) I look more apple-ish because I gain most of the weight in the gut. I didn't used to - it used to be all over distributed, but it's changed with hormones changing. When I slim down it's hourglass/cello.

Elladorine 04-12-2013 05:23 PM

Thanks everyone! :) :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4704071)
Wouldn't you say in both your cases that the built in muffin top is loose skin?

In my case, I can definitely say no. I currently measure 45" across my waist, 47" at the bottom (widest point) of my belly, and only 42" in the hip area, directly below where my stomach protrudes. I definitely have some loose skin going on but it's not yet hanging; there's still a whole lot of fat going on as well.

Even when I weighed 360, my legs were relatively small and my stomach was huge, folding over everything. I always felt like a marshmallow on toothpicks. :lol:

LockItUp 04-12-2013 05:52 PM

Elladorine made me feel brave with her sketch. Soooooo, here I am in my swim suit (it's a looser tankini so I held it up cuz it isn't form fitting). I don't think my muffin is skin, I only have loose skin in the lower belly area. But anyway, maybe you gals can help me determine my shape so I can dress accordingly!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps5036a867.jpg

And in case you wondered. . .the lighting hides my stretch marks pretty well in this pic, but trust me they're all over my tummy, legs, and lower back.

Radiojane 04-12-2013 06:06 PM

I don't see a muffin there at all... Wow you look good!

dancerindenver 04-12-2013 06:10 PM

Lockitup - I don't see a muffin top anywhere - mini or otherwise! (cute suit, btw) You look slim, fit and proportional to me :)

IanG 04-12-2013 06:15 PM

I think I speak for all of us when I say that I think my body shape is great and just getting better.

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4704166)
But anyway, maybe you gals can help me determine my shape so I can dress accordingly!

If I had your body- I'd just walk around nude all the time, because you're HAWT. ;) LOL.

But really..I'm fashionably challenged.

lunarsongbird 04-12-2013 06:29 PM

Also- this thread makes me want to put on a bikini and post it to the world- help me REALLY embrace my body, but I'm pretty sure I've been covering up my body for too long. I definitely don't own a bikini.

Desiderata 04-12-2013 06:37 PM

Stephanie - you really truly objectively do look GREAT. I think I have more loose skin than you! (Which, if you compare our stats, just proves that whole 'genetics is a crapshoot' thing. :D Of course you have literally worked your butt off with some really intense weight training, too, and I'm sure that's helped!)

I think you may have more of a rectangular body shape, going from lunarsongbird's link. (http://www.sheknows.com/beauty-and-s...your-body-type) I'm no fashion expert by any means - but their suggested tips seem like they would work really well for you (layering, scoop necks, showing off your slender legs and arms).

You seriously look great, lady. :)